Chapter 14: Bewildered

It was Friday and Isabella was working in her office, it was already 9:00 a.m and there was this meeting with a dealer Mr. Knight at 10:00 a.m but there was no sign of Seth in the whole building. Isabella sighed and decided to call him because the meeting seemed to be very important. She tried two times but he didn't answered so she decided to leave him a message.

Mr. Anderson, I just wanted to check where you are and if you could come to the office or not because there is this important meeting with Mr. Knight- I

She clicked the send button and waited for the reply but it never came so she just continued her work. It was soon 9:45 and there was no sign of Seth in the office. Isabella decided to call Mr. Knight and cancel the meeting for today. She dialed his number which already existed in her contacts before she got the phone "Hello" The man spoke from the other side "Hello, Mr. Knight. This is Isabella Smith, Mr. Anderson's PA" Isabella said "Oh yes! Ms. Isabella, what can I do for you?" Richard Knight asked "Mr. Knight, I just wanted to inform you that the meeting couldn't be done today because Mr. Anderson has not came to the office yet due to some personal matters" Isabella partly lied because she didn't exactly know that was he really out because of some personal matter or just hanging out with Elaina or any other of his mistresses. "Oh okay, Miss Isabella, thank you for informing me though" Mr. Knight said and Isabella heard footsteps and she looked up to find Seth going inside his office with a blank look on his face. She then remembered that Richard Knight was still on the line "My pleasure, sir. Goodbye" Isabella said "Goodbye" Richard said and hung up the phone. Isabella quickly got up and went inside the office. She opened the door without knocking and found Seth standing and facing the huge glass window where whole busy New York city could be seen. He looked powerful enough to intimidate anyone but Isabella noticed one thing, his shoulders were slumped and his perfect hair were all over the place.

"Mr. Anderson?" Isabella called out softly

"Yes" His voice was firm

"I have canceled the meeting with Mr. Knight as you were not there in the office" Isabella said and Seth nodded. This was the cue for Isabella to leave his office but she being a curious person asked "Are you okay?"

"I am" He said coldly

"Are you sure?" Isabella asked

"I am, Isabella" Seth shouted and turned around. Isabella could see dried tears on his cheek and her heart clenched because she felt bad of whatever happened to him. A single tear slipped down his cheek and Isabella stepped towards him. She hesitantly placed her thumb on his cheek and wiped his tear.

"You're not okay, Seth" Isabella said, she couldn't even see someone crying.

"I am, Bella" Seth said and Isabella loved how softly he said that

"Don't lie" Isabella said. This felt like a heart to heart talk but she didn't care, she wanted to make sure that he was okay because her heart said to her

"I'm not lying" Seth said and another tear escape down his eyes. Isabella didn't even think and hugged him because something told her that he badly needed it. Seth himself wrapped his arms around her body, needing her close. Isabella pulled back after a moment because she couldn't control the tingles and sparks he was giving to her body.

"Call me if you need anything" Isabella said while smiling and left his office. While sitting on the chair in her own office, Isabella couldn't help but think about the scene which just happened. He looked so vulnerable and weak. He liked his arrogant and cocky self better apart from that he always kept snapping her. She was bewildered of the situation and was curious to know what could have happened to him that made him cry because she always saw him as a strong and arrogant man. She was cut off from her thoughts by the inter com.