The First Dance

By radiant_purity

Description inside. #safelove More

Intro
Prologue
1♚
2♔
3♚
4♔
5♚
6♔
8♔
9♚
10♔
11♚

7♚

76 8 8
By radiant_purity

I found out that they moved up the coronation, so we have another month. And due to the contest, college starts in September. Yay. Should I be excited? Maybe.

Art is at another interview. Then there's me. At the orphanage. Actually, I'm enjoying myself. The kids are great.

A little girl stole my heart almost immediately. Her light blonde hair matching her light blue eyes and pale skin. She's like Snow White in real life. Their mistress, or Mother, as some of the younger kids call her, was very happy that we stopped by. The place looked pretty worn down, with stains in some corners, and the wall paper on the walls was ripping down. But the head mistress didn't seem to mind.

"So I assume you'll open a new orphanage for us?" The head mistress asked, her eyes looking hopeful.

I didn't know what to say at first.

"Well I...I'm not the princess yet, but I will try my best."

She let out a soft sigh, but straightend her back, "Very well. This orphanage has roughly about 40 children, 16 boys and 24 girls. Most have been here since they were born. The oldest is Jack, age 17 and the youngest, Melodi, age 4." She nodded towards the pale little girl who was in my arms.

This is worse than the pet store. I smiled at the little girl. Karina was taking notes in the far off corner, and the security guards were patrolling the area. A few reporters have somehow slipped in.

"Would you like anything to drink, your Highness?" The mistress asked me.

I shook my head, "No, thank you."

She smiled and nodded, then she called to an elderly woman, "Haily, you should call the kids to lunch."

"Alright," she answered back, "but I'm afraid they won't have supper nor breakfast."

The mistress sighed, "I knew this was going to occur. No food, and soon they'll close down the orphanage." Then as if she noticed that in was still there, gasped, "I'm terrible sorry Princess! I hadn't meant to blab."

I smiled, this indeed was a problem, I can't bear the thought of seeing them like this. "Its alright, and you know what? I'll do everything in my power to open up a new orphanage."

Her eyes shined, "You would really do that?"

"Of course!" I said bravely, though I didn't know if I would be able to keep that promise. Looks like I'll stick around for awhile.

The girl got out of my arms and pulled my hand, "Can you play with me?"

"Of course darling." The mistress let me go while she went to talk to the elderly woman. The girl, who I learned was Melodi, led me to a small corner where she took out two dolls.

"Here, you play with daisy," she handed me a doll with brown hair, "and I'll play with Vera." She held on to the other doll, "They are going to the pool party, so pretend there is a water park with other people."

I laughed, and pretended that I saw a water park and made my voice go up a little bit.

We played like this for a few minutes until I saw that Karina was looking our way.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her, pausing our waterslide ride.

Karina smiled, and shook her head, "No, it's just cute the way you two are playing." She waved her hand towards us.

I shrugged, "She is pretty cute." I grinned at the little girl, who blushed a light pink.

"Alrighty, you have five minutes, so finish up."

After she turned and left, Melodi sighed, "Do you have to go so soon?"

I nodded, "A princess has a lot of things to do."

"I wish I was a princess." she grumbled, looking down.

I lifted her head so her eyes looked up at me, the way mom did when I was younger. "Do I hear what I think I hear?"

Melodi sniffed.

"Listen," I cooed, "every single girl is a princess at heart. You don't need a pretty dress or a crown to tell you that. I'm not even supposed to be the future princess."

"You? But you are perfect." She protested.

"Me?" I said in bewilderment, laughing, "I'm not perfect!"

She still looked kinda down. So I said, "You know what? When they give me the crown that lets everyone know I'm the princess, I will personally tell them to let you hold it before they put it on my head." Her eyes shined.

"Really?!"

I nodded, "Lets hope they'll let." I looked up at the clock, and stood up, "Well, I have to go, if I get the chance to, I will definitely come again."

She walked with me to the door, giving her one last hug, one of the security guards led me to the limo, where Karina already stood, clip board in hand.

"What took you so long?"

I smiled, "Girl problems."

"At four? What can you possibly have?"

"A lot of things." I laughed. We got inside, and left to our next destination.

♔♔♔

"How was the orphanage?" Alya asked, when I came back.

"Fine. I met the cutest little girl!"

"They all seem cute, what's her name?"

"Melodi."

"Awe!" Her voice filled with compassion. "I bet she's lovely!"

"She is." I agreed.

"Cuter than me?" She joked.

I laughed. Knowing her for about three days now, I quickly got used to her joking manner. "Naw, you are by far the most exquisite princess I have ever seen, your Highness." I dramatically bowed, which sent her her in a fit of giggles. So far, I learned not to judge a person by their age.

"Anyway," she said, once she calmed down at my silliness. "Would you like to head over to my room? Maybe we could read a bit from the Bible? If that's alright with you of course." She quickly added the last part.

My eyes lit up, since this princess thing and interview stuff, I haven't had the time to get engrossed in Gods word. "I would love to!" I quickly replied without a second thought. For all I knew, I usually don't have anything after 7:30. Sometimes after 8:00.

Alya smiled, and we walked towards her room.

I plopped myself down on a green beanbag on the floor. This place must really love bean bags. Alya went to her dresser and got out two bibles. One for herself and the other one for me to follow along.

"I hope you don't mind if we read a bit from 1 Samuel. That's where I left off." She said, sitting down next to me, handing me the small brown Bible.

"Not at all!" I told her. We flipped to the book, chapter 16 and began.

The story starts off as God telling Samuel to fill his horn with oil and invite Jesse to a sacrifice for the Lord, and there God will point out the next anointed king of israel. After the sacrifice, Samuel looked at each of Jesse's seven sons, but God said that he had rejected each of them for their selfishness and self-centered personalities. Arising, Samuel began to ask if this is all of his sons. Jesse replied that the youngest son is out in the field, tending the sheep. Samuel called for him, and they brought him forth. Alya paused when the bible started describing David-the youngest son of Jesse-as ruddy and good-looking, with beautiful eyes.

I looked at her helpless expression.

The story went on from Saul and finally on the next chapter, to Goliath. Of course, we know how that ended.

By the end of the 17th chapter, I learned that God can use any young person in big maybe even life-changing events.

"Whoa." Alya spoke first. I agreed along side her. David was fearless and had full on confidence in God. He didn't even have any weapons, except for the Slingshot and those couple of rocks. "I've read this story many times, and yet, this part still amazes me." She continued.

"I agree." I said whole heartedly, looking at the time. The sun had all ready set and it was nearing 9:00. Getting up, I gave the Bible back to her. She walked me to the door,said our good-bye's and parted.

As I neared my room, I saw Zack already standing beside the door.

"Uh-Oh." I said under my breath.

Zack noticed me and nodded. "Good to see you again Princess. How was your time with Princess Alya?"

I shook off the confusion. And smiled. I should be used to his deliberate actions by now.

"Fine, thank you." I turned the door knob, but before I stepped inside, Zack cleared his throat.

"Be careful Princess. A storm is brewing."

Sorry it took so long, next chapter should be getting interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 35 14
read this, you will love it.
662 8 8
𝘕𝘦𝘸𝘵 𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴! 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤�...
29.1K 1.3K 44
Ari finds herself left with a piece of Mac that she could never give away...
18.8K 569 19
"You Loved Me During My Darkest Time."