Behind a Brother's Back 》 Amb...

By dianaunstableambrose

A man can cheat on his girlfriend, but he doesn't want his girl to cheat on him. A man will cheat for sex, bu... More

[0] Prologue
[1] The Blast From the Past
[2] The Talk About the Past
[3] The Awkward Dinner
[5] Hurtful Accusations
[6] Revenge Turns to Mistakes
[7] Hospitals and Guilt
[8] Advice and Goodbyes
[9] Suspension and Phone Calls
[10] Worries and a Missed Call
[11] Missings and First Meets
[12] Kiss and Returns
[13] Questions and Half the Truth
[14] Aftermath
[15] Birthday
[16] Talk About Vegas
[17] Worried About the Truth
[18] Truth Hurts
[19] No Regrets
[20] Questioning Everything
[21] Trying to Fix Things

[4] Texts and Cigarettes

876 40 5
By dianaunstableambrose

Bailey laughed as Joe kept poking her sides.

"Stop it." Bailey said, pushing him away playfully. Jon looked up from his place in the ring. His eyes immediately met Bailey's bright smile.

"Jon!"

Jon looked away from the laughing pair and towards the small boy that was running towards him. Bailey stopped laughing as she watched her son run towards Jon. Ryder's tiny arms making their way around Jon's legs.

"Hey buddy. I told you we'd see each other again." Jon said, ruffling Ryder's hair.

"Can we wrestle today?" Ryder asked, "I get bored with JoJo and mommy at the gym."

Bailey sent Joe a smile as he walked off towards the weights. She was scared to walk towards Jon because of what happened last night, but at the same time she wanted to go towards him. Those texts that he sent her last night, reassured her that she had nothing to worry about when she's around him. It was like he was trying to start over with her and she was more than happy to do that with him as well.

"You gotta ask your mom, kid." Jon said, looking over at Bailey. Bailey immediately looked over at him at the mention of her. She didn't want things to be awkward, but she also didn't know how to act so normal around him. Jon was probably the only person to make her extremely nervous. There was something about Jon that immediately made her lose her confident, loud self in two seconds.

Bailey walked over at them, slowly. Her eyes never once leaving Jon.

"Is it okay if I show him a couple things?" Jon asked as soon as Bailey was close enough.

"Please, mommy, Jon promised he would teach me..."

Bailey put a piece of hair behind her ear, "Don't hurt my baby, Jon."

"I would never do such a thing, Sweetheart." Jon told her with a small smirk. She looked away from him. She hated that he had such an effect on her. The way that he would talk to her with such ease, pissed her off because she could never talk to him like that unless she was mad.

He would never seem nervous around her. They slept together yet he acts like everything was normal with the way he talks to her. He never made things awkward or looked uncomfortable when they talked to each other. Bailey would try to put up some bitchy act, but on the inside she was freaking out. She didn't know how to act normal around him, especially because of what happened.

She watched on as Jon got on his knees in front of Ryder, preparing to teach him.

She wished that Ryder wouldn't have gotten so attached to Jon. He never asked Joe to teach him to wrestle, and that's knowing that Ryder has been around to watch Joe train in the ring. Bailey knew that the only reason Ryder was so attached to Jon and not Joe was because Ryder knew that Jon didn't have anything with his mom.

If only the kid knew...

"Lock up." Jon demanded. Ryder immediately lifted his small arms and locked his hands around Jon's shoulders as best as he could.

"What do you do now?" Jon asked, his arms tangled with Ryder's. Ryder didn't bother talking as he immediately gave Jon a small shove and wrapped both his arms around Jon's head in a headlock.

Jon immediately got up from his knees, carrying Ryder to his full height. Ryder's arm were still tightly wrapped around Dean's head. Dean knew to ignore the small amount of pressure. The kid was four, there was not much damage that he could do.

Bailey looked up from her phone as soon as she heard Ryder start squealing.

She almost dropped her coffee, "Jon!"

"I won't hurt him." Jon said. It didn't stop Bailey from setting her coffee down and walking towards the ring.

She glared at him, "I don't know if trust you."

"You really should, Sweetheart." Jon turned his attention towards Ryder, who still had him in a headlock, "Show your mom what you got, kid."

Ryder laughed as he put his weight down on Jon's neck. Jon let all his weight fall as Ryder pulled him down to the mat. Jon made sure to place his hand on his forehead to hold some of the impact of his head hitting the mat.

Bailey slid into the ring, forgetting the fact that she was wearing a dress.

"Mommy, hurry, hurry. You have to count." Ryder said as he tried to roll Jon onto his back. Jon kept his eyes closed as he tried to hide his smile. Jonn rolled himself onto his back, making it seem like Ryder did it on his own.

Ryder immediately threw himself on Jon. He sat on his stomach while his two arms were trying their hardest to lift Jon's leg.

"Why is he so fat?" Ryder asked in frustration. Jon couldn't help the small snicker that escaped as he watched through his half closed eyes, "Hurry up, mommy. You have to count before he gets up!"

Bailey couldn't help but laugh as she crawled over to them. She hadn't seen Ryder have spent much fun in a long time.

"Ready, 1....2....." Bailey took a small while counting to three.

"Mommy.." Ryder whined.

"3.."

Ryder immediately got off of Jon.

"Yay, I beat him. I beat him." Ryder cheered, running around the ring. Jon smiled as he opened his eyes. His eyes immediately widened as he saw Bailey still kneeling next to him.

"Woah, it's been a long time since I've seen those." Jon muttered. Bailey followed his gaze and her eyes immediately connected with the top of her dress. Her entire chest was almost exposed to Jon.

"Fuck you, Jon." Bailey sighed as she fixed the top of her dress. She immediately got to her feet.

Bailey couldn't believe that even after the texts that she got from Jon last night, he was still making his comments. Didn't he understand that she wanted all that happened with him to be put in the past? She didn't want to think about what happened because it made her feel guilty, and she actually thought that Jon understood that.

"Let's go get ice cream, baby?" Bailey said, stopping her son's excitement. Ryder stopped running at the mention of ice cream.

"Bailey, I was kidding." Jon muttered, sitting up. He didn't understand why she couldn't take his comment as some stupid joke. He didn't mean for his comment to get her in a pissy mood.

"Can Jon come with us?" Ryder asked.

"No, he's busy." Bailey told him, quickly. She looked over at Jon, "Right, Jon?"

Jon stared at her. He wanted to yes, just to give her a reason to actually be mad at him. He didn't know why, but he enjoyed annoying her. Yes, he did feel bad about making comments about their past, but he knew that there was a line between annoying her and being a dick about their past.

"Right." Jon said, looking over at Ryder, "Next time, buddy. I have a lot of stuff to do."

Ryder pouted, "Fine, but you have to teach me more."

Jon smiled, "Don't worry, I will."

Bailey watched as Ryder ran over and attacked Jon's sitting form in a hug. Jon looked over at Bailey. He still couldn't believe that his comment had gotten her so upset. Bailey was one to shake things off and not get annoyed, but she always seemed to get annoyed with anything that he did. He clearly didn't understand why that was.

"You want to go ask Joe if he wants anything?" Bailey asked. Ryder nodded, excitedly as he slid out of the ring.

"You know, Bails, I don't mean half the shit that I say, so there was really no need to take what I said to heart." Jon said, getting to his feet, "I'm sorry if I angered you though."

Bailey crossed her arms, "I already know you don't mean half the shit that you say. You clearly didn't mean those texts messages that you sent me yesterday."

Jon looked at her confused, "What messages?"

Bailey rolled her eyes, not wanting to discuss this with him anymore. She sat down on the floor, making sure her dress didn't ride up before slowly sliding out of the ring.

"Don't act like you don't know, Jon." Bailey told him. Jon watched as she grabbed her stuff, still confused as to what she was talking about. He was seriously confused about what messages she was talking about.

"I'm genuinely confused right now, Bails."

Bailey ignored him as she walked towards Ryder, who was laughing as he talked to Joe.

Bailey brought the cigarette to her lips, taking a long drag. She was so happy that Joe was stretching for his match inside and he couldn't be out here to reprimand her for her disgusting habit. A habit that she has had since her early teen years. It had been almost ten years since then and she couldn't stop the habit. No .after how hard she tried, she always would need it whenever a lot was going through her head. It was happening a lot often now because of being around Jon.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't have such a disgusting habit."

Bailey would have gotten scared if she hadn't already known who the voice belonged to.

She rolled her eyes as blew out the smoke, "Leave me alone, Jon."

Jon completely ignored her, "I wouldn't have taken you as a smoker."

She wanted to roll her eyes again, but stopped herself from doing so, "Don't be so hypocritical, we both know you have a worst smoking habit than I do."

Jon reached out and grabbed the cigarette from between Bailey's fingers. Bailey barely had time to stop him as he brought the cigarette to his lips and took a drag.

Jon blew out the smoke before handing the cigarette back to her, "Where's Ryder?"

Bailey sighed, "He likes to watch Joe get ready for his matches."

She didn't even think twice as she brought the cigarette back to her lips, clearly not caring that Jon had his lips around it as well.

"Do you feel that much guilt to be in the same room as him?" Jon snickered, not stopping himself. He knew that he had a tendency of just letting things come out without thinking twice about it. Jon cringed, regretting it, "Sorry, I don't know how to keep my mouth shut."

Bailey looked over at him as she rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I've realized that."

Jon watched as she threw the cigarette butt to the floor, "I already said that half the shit that I say I don't mean."

Bailey crushed the cigarette butt with her boot, roughly. She was clearly pretending that she was actually crushing Jon with the heel of her boot. She wanted him to leave her alone, but he was clearly not getting the message.

"And I already told you that I got that." She snapped,suddenly, "My god, I would have hoped that after those messages you sent me last night, that you would've left me alone."

Jon stared at her. She had brought up the 'messages' again, and he once again had no clue what she was talking about. It was obvious that she was upset about those messages, but he wanted to know what in those messages could've gotten her so upset now.

"Will you please tell me what messages you are talking about?" He asked, "I honestly have no clue what you're talking about."

She crossed her arms, clearly seeing his confusion, "You sent me two messages last night after dinner."

Jon gave her an odd look, "No I didn't, Bailey, I didn't text anyone last night. I don't even have your number."

Bailey immediately reached into her pocket, confused. How would have sent her a text message saying that it was Jon when it wasn't? She pulled her phone out, quickly unlocking it.

"There's no way because you told me it was you in the message." She muttered, scrolling through her conversations. Bailey finally found the conversation and clicked on it.

She pushed her phone towards Jon, urging him to look at the messages.

Jon stared down at the phone. He knew for a fact that he didn't send these, and as soon as he saw the number that had sent him, he immediately knew who sent them.

Jon bit the inside of his cheek to hold in his anger, "Sorry, but I didn't send those messages. I know who did though."

She chuckled, dryly, "I shouldn't have even thought about you sending something like this. You wouldn't want to put the past in the past. You're so damn set on wanting to tell Joe about this that you for one second wouldn't think about anyone but youself."

Jon just stared at her, clearly not knowing what you say.

"I shouldn't have expected so damn much from you." She added, "Now, I don't care if you sent those messages or not, I need you to stop trying to talk to me about the past and I sure as hell need you to stay away from my son."

"Bailey, the kid is basically attached to my side." He argued. He wanted to continue, but Bailey's death glare made him keep his mouth shut.

"Listen to me clearly, Jon.." She said through clenched teeth, "Stay the hell away from my son."

"Bails-"

"Would it make you happy if you just ruined my life? Would it bring you joy?" She asked, rhetorically, "'Cause that's what will happen if you tell Joe about what happened in the past."

"That's not what I'm trying to do at all." He rushed out, hoping for her to let him speak.

"I don't know why you're so fucking attached to a damn week of meaningless sex." She spat out.

Jon tried to keep his emotions in check as he stared at her. He knew that the week was meaningless, but it was different hearing it loud, especially from her. It was something that he wasn't ready to hear. He wished that it had meant the slightest bit to her, but then again, what did he expect? He couldn't have expected it to mean anything to her when she was madly in love with his best friend.

Jon sighed out, "You're right. I'm sorry about bringing it up, and if you want me to stay away from you and Ryder...then fine. You want to make pretend it didn't happen? Then okay. I'll do whatever it takes to keep your image to Joe so perfectly spotless." He took a deep breath, "Just promise that you won't come to me when he cheats on you, again."

Bailey snorted, "Like I would go to you."

"You've done it before."

Jon walked away, clearly satisfied that he got the last word.

I feel like it's been so long since I've updated this story and I feel really bad at it. I really am getting into this story though, so I won't end it, the updates just take a while because I have so many different ideas in my head.

Hope you guys enjoyed...hopefully I'll be able to update more now that school is over.

Love you guys,
DianaUnstableAmbrose ❤💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 305 27
[Sequel to Secretly Loving You] As Dean and Seth settle into married life they face another challenge when Seth finds out something that will change...
13.2K 403 37
As a young child you always dreamed of having a fairy tale wedding. That's not the case for four young people. Meet Brianna and her twin sister Nicol...
5.9K 396 27
Nikki Bella was once the most popular,outgoing, happy, and entergetic teenage girl. But one day her life changed drastically, she got abused by her f...
22K 505 32
What Happens When A Fearless Girl Meets The Psychotic One