'Cause I Can (Captain America...

By Madswashere

"Come on Charlie!" I said, hurrying my little dog. We ran towards the door, but it was too late. The door had... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Book 2!

Chapter 23

409 18 40
By Madswashere

Why do you make things so hard, Ricky?

I really like you... But...

I don't know how I'm going to be able to do this anymore...

How am I supposed to know if he ever told the truth

If he was being honest and was sorry

And if he really did like me a lot?

These are the things I thought of the next morning. Boys are weird.

I sat up and decided I'd talk to Steve about it. I got out of bed, trying not to disturb Charlie, and I walked over to my door and shut it quietly. I slowly opened Steve's door and quietly walked in. I looked over and saw Steve snoring. I stifled a giggle and bit my lip, trying not to laugh at him. I crawled into his bed and looked down at him.

"You're really loud." I whispered, causing him to wake up.

"Good morning to you too." He said, sarcastically. "What are you doing in here?"

I bit my lip and looked down.

"I um... I came to ask you about... Stuff."

Steve's eyes widened and he looked around as if looking for someone to help.

"Um babies come from the baby store!" He yelled, covering his ears.

I laughed at his outburst and shook my head.

"That's not what I wanted to talk to you about, you dork." I said, laughing.

"Oh. Well, what's up?" He asked, sitting up.

"I wanted to ask you... About Ricky."

"Okay. What about him?"

"Well, I just need to know if what he said was true... In the note he gave me when I was in the hospital... He said that he helped you-us-to escape from H.Y.D.R.A. the night I was experimented on. Is that... True?" I asked.

"Yes. It is true Mads." Steve answered after a moment of silence.

I looked down and nodded.

"But how can I be sure if he really changed?" I asked.

"Let me answer this question with a question." Steve said.

I looked up at him.

"Did you watch him tell his father that he doesn't want to be apart of H.Y.D.R.A. anymore?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Does he like you?"

"Yes."

"Do you like him?"

I felt my ears turn warm and I looked down and smiled a bit.

"Yes."

"Then go for it."

What Steve said surprised me. I whipped my head up and stared at him for a minute. He grinned and I smiled back at him and hugged him.

"Thanks."

"For what?" He asked.

"For being awesome."

"Thanks." He said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For calling me awesome."

I laughed and pulled away.

"Now, when you go back after him, think and don't do anything stupid." Steve said.

"How can I? You've got all the stupid with you." I said grinning.

"Dork." He said, hugging me.

"Weirdo." I said, returning the hug.

After we pulled away from our hug, I looked around and saw that Steve had decorated his room for Christmas.

"What's the date?" I asked.

"It's the... Oh! It's the twenty-fourth." Steve answered, smiling.

I grinned widely and sped out of the room. I ran into my room to change into some training clothes and grabbed some breakfast. Then I raced to the elevator while eating a Pop Tart. I'll make it up to Thor later.

"Hey, Ricky." I said, walking into the training room.

"Hey Beautiful." He said, winking.

"Flirty much?" I asked, smirking.

"You don't flirt enough."

"Is that supposed to be a comeback?"

"Nope. Just the truth."

I rolled my eyes and finished my Pop Tart.

"Tony's having a party tonight." Ricky said. "Wanna be my date?"

"Sure. Why not?"

"Really?" He asked, surprise.

"Yeah. Now let's start training."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

If you didn't know already, Tony is the best at throwing parties. Tonight, he'll be inviting some S.H.E.I.L.D. agents like Maria Hill and Nick Fury. He's also inviting Sam a.k.a. the Falcon, our very own Scarlett Witch and War Machine, Peter Parker and Bucky.

I'm pretty excited and didn't want to really dress up all fancy or anything so I dressed cute but casual.

Maddy's outfit! I totally love this one.

Ricky said he'd come and get me from my room since he wanted to be a gentleman. It was kind of cute he was acting like it was a real date. He's really sweet. Wait, what? Shut up, Maddy! Sometimes I say the stupidest things.

There was a knock on my door just as I finished putting on my lip gloss. I opened the door and saw Ricky.

Aww he dressed comfy too!

That's Ricky☺️

"Woah. You look great." He said, grinning.

"You too." I said, smiling.

I took his arm and Charlie scampered behind us.

The party looked really cool when we walked in. Tony, Bruce, Steve and Natasha were at the bar. Thor, Pepper, Jane and Maria were all talking together in a cluster. There were some other random people that Tony probably knew that were here. I saw Peter Parker and Sam talking to some S.H.E.I.L.D. agents. I let go of Ricky's arm and ran up to Bucky when he walked through the door. I hugged him and he chuckled, hugging me back.

"How ya doin', Shortie?" He asked, smirking.

"Oh no! Not you too!" I said, laughing.

"I'm evil. Mwahahaha!"

"Yeah I can see that. You and everyone else are calling me short. How evil." I said, sarcastically.

I heard Thor's booming laugh and looked over. He hugged Jane and kissed the top of her head. Aww! They're so cute.

The party went on as Tony got drunk. Once he got to the point where he was unbearably drunk and started doing things he'd regret... That's kind of where the party ended. We got Tony in bed and all the visitors left. Thor decided to escort Jane to the airport and Clint had gone home for Christmas to be with his kids. Natasha, Steve, Pepper, and Bruce decided that they would go to bed.

"Maddy. Come here." Ricky said, motioning for me to come.

I got up and walked over to him. We were standing near the tree when he wrapped his arms around me.

"Gotcha." He said, looking up.

I looked up and smirked.

"You're such a fox." I said, looking away from the mistletoe.

He looked at me and grinned, his green eyes gleaming.

"It's a gift." He said.

Then he started to lean in when the clock struck twelve.

"Merry Christmas, Marx." I said.

"Actually, it's Stark now."

"Whatever Ricky." I said, grinning.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed me.

****************************
Aww! I'm so lonely lol. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please comment, vote and follow me for more stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 114 33
"I retired from that life. I don't even have my suit anymore, the feds took it when I went under house arrest," - After her team was torn apart by a...
4.3K 115 38
"Keep my Bucky safe alright?" I said straightening Steve's jacket. "You act as if I ain't here, Babydoll," Bucky chuckled grabbing my hand and pullin...
21.8K 528 51
Scarlette Romanoff was always known as a wild card. She had her own set of rules she followed. She did her own thing. But when Coulson calls her back...
81.7K 2.4K 26
Hey Guys, My name Is Issabelle Barton but you can just call me Izzy, lets just say I have a very complicated family. You could say I have a bad past...