Manan ff : Shining Armour

By rachana_rn

Hey guys ... !!! This is a story about how a betrayed impulsive and an arrogant Manik Malhotra starts to live... More

character sketch
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18(A)
chapter 18(B)
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
NoTe
Announcement
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39(A)
chapter 39(B)
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45(A)
Chapter 45(B)
chapter 46(A)
Note
chapter 46 (B)
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55(A)
chapter 55(B)
chapter 55(C)
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58(A)
chapter 58(B)
chapter 59
NoTe
chapter 60
chapter 61(A)
chapter 61(B)
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64(A)
chapter 64(B)
chapter 65(A)
chapter 65(B)
chapter 66(A) - part 1
chapter 66(A) -part 2
NoTe
chapter 66(B)
chapter 66(C)
chapter 67(A)
chapter 67(B)
chapter 68
chapter 69(A)
chapter 69(B)
Nominated
chapter 69(C)
chapter 70(A)
chapter 70(B) - part 1
chapter 70(B)-part 2
About the Story
Private
Epilogue-1
1 Million
Epilogue-2
Epilogue-3
Epilogue-4
Epilogue-5(A)
Epilogue-5(B)
My Little Firecracker
My Story
Good News To You All
@messylilauthor
Update - Thanks to you guys
New Story: My Solace!

chapter 32

38.4K 1.9K 159
By rachana_rn

( guys i dont know whether there are scary houses in mumbai malls but in bangalore there are so keeping that in context im writing this )

Manik came back taking two tickets for scary house. Nandini was chatting with mukti n was asking her that she reached safely or not. U guys mi8 be thinking why isnt manik getting worried about mukti thats because he sent his trusted person(bodyguard) behind mukti for her safety n that bodyguard was informing manik about muktis whereabouts for once in two hours.

Manik came near nandini n tapped on her shoulder to gain her attention.

M - " chalo lets go .."..said turning to go.

N -" arrey par kaha"..asked keeping her phone inside her bag.

M - " umm ..its a surprise"...said winking.

N - " SURPRISE" ...yelled out load in joy. Gaining attention of passerby.

Manik palmed his ears.

M - "god woman !!...my ears"...said in irritated voice to which nandini smiled sheepishly.

N - "i love surprises manik ..chalo lets go"...said cheekily n held maniks arm nudging him to move ahead. Manik shook his head at her excitement but evil grin didnt leave his face at all.

They came near the scary house, nandini was looking everywhere thinking about what mi8 be the surprise. Manik came behind her n closed her eyes.

N - "manik yeh kya kar rahe ho"..said keeping her hand on his hand which was on her eyes.

M - " arrey its a surprise na soo to create an atmosphere im doing this"...said shrugging his shoulder.

Nandini huffed - " accha its oki ..now let the surprise unfold i cant wait for long"...

M - "have patience nandini, im damn sure ur going to love it"...said near nandini ear in husky voice with evil smirk on his face.

Nandini shivered at their proximity but paid more attention on the surprise.

Manik directed the way n nandini followed. Soon they reached the scary house opening manik gave the person tickets n he opened the door so that manan can enter.

Once they entered.

N - " manik yaha itna silence kyu hai"...asked cringing her eyebrows.

Manik just shhhed her.

( there were like booths where people who were masked like gosts will be there as we pass by the booth they try to scare us. )

Manik took her near the centre of the passage n said.

M - " nandini open ur eye on count of 3 ..oki ??"...

N - "oki "...said excitedly.

Manik smirked n turned around walking the same way he came in as it was dark inside it was difficult to find the way out.

M - " aab maza aayega" ..said chuckling once he came out.

Inside nandini counted 1 2 3 n opened her eyes with full smile on her face which soon turned into frown as it was dark she couldnt see anything.

N - "manik ...manik where r u "...said moving her hand turning around to touch manik.

Not receiving any response she panicked.

N - " manik ..listen come out where r u ...ur scaring me now"...said as sweat buds formed on her forehead.

Suddenly at the corner blue lights were on n scary sounds were played. That was enough to drain all the colours of nandinis face.

N - "kh..khon hai waha haa ...manik ??"...asked in scared tone.

Suddenly from no where a person with ghosts mask appeared infront of nandini scaring the shit of her.

( listen to drama queen song of movie hasee tho phasee while reading ahead)

N -  "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mummmmyyyyyyy"....screamed soo loudly n started running like a maniac in that passage.

[ guys remember how nandini screamed when she saw a rat in store room scene (ky2)]

The person who had ghosts mask palmed his ears for a moment due to her screech.

Then slowly all the masked people started coming out making scary noise along with haunted sound.

Nandini screamed out loud when she bumped into one of the ghost n due to fear she punched his on his face n again started running.

N -  "maniiiiikkkkkkkkkk"... screamed as suddenly a skeleton fell on her back. Looking at the fingers which were around her neck she screamed even more trying shoo it off.

While running she went inside one of the booth as it was silent n was hiding near a pillar which was in the booth n was chanting mantras n praying to her ayyaippa to save her.

Slowly a red light shot on of that booth n sight infront of her gave her a mini heart attack, the sight was of coffin. With a haunting sound the cover of coffin turned open. Nandinis eyes widened in horror, she was sweating heavily looking at the sight. As the coffin lid open, a mummy came out of it slowly getting up from the coffin. Looking at that,

N -  "arrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ayyyaiiippppppaaaaaa"...she screamed soo badly that due to her scream the lid of coffin closed off hitting the head of the person who was dressed like a mummy making him hiss in pain. Nandini jumped out of the booth n ran hysterically screaming like a maniac nearly scaring the ghosts in there. She finally found the door, she pushed it hard n came out panting, breathing hardly.

Here outside manik was imagining nandinis reaction was laughing, even he could hear her shouts from outside. He laughed his lungs out when he heard nandini screaming mummy. Passerby gave weird looks to manik.

As nandini came out panting hard, manik laughed at her condition ,was expecting that she would shout n hit him but nandini when she saw manik she ran near him n hid herself into his embrace. Shock was written all over his face. It was a complete opposite reaction that he was expecting. I guess the reaction he was expecting was postponed for few minutes.

Manik hugged her back taking her in his arms, he knew she was scared to death. Nandini pressed her cheeks to his chest trying to gain confort n assurance that he was there near her protecting her. Maniks one hand was around her waist, with another hand he caressed her hairs to calm her down. They stayed like that for 10 minutes or few minutes more. As nandini was back to normal she broke the hug, as soon as she did that she regained her senses n glared at manik. Manik gulped sensing trouble.

Ohh boy !! You are soo in trouble.

Before nandini could react manik started to run from there. Nandini ran behind him scream.

N - " idiot, monkey, donkey,duffer ...im going to suck the blood out of ur body u jerk ..."...said running behind manik trying to catch him. But manik was a bit fast. Manik ran around laughing . Both were running around in the mall. All people were looking at them only. Few adored their fight, few snickered as they were creating public disturbance, few watched them in amusement.

Getting tired of running, nandini stopped panting hardly. She sat on the bench outside the food court. Manik turned around n stopped looking at nandini. He bought water bottle from the food court n sat next to her. Even he was breathing hard. He offered water, nandini grabbed it n drank it in a go.

Manik looked at her for a second n burst out laughing holding his stomach. Nandinis anger grew n she started hitting him.

N - " idiot do u have any idea, how i felt in there. Mai tumne nahi chodungi"...said while hitting manik on his chest.

M - " arrey arrey "...said in between his laughter, he tried stopping her but nandini was in no mood to stop atlast manik held her wrist n jerk her towards him. Nandini stopped hitting, both were looking into each other orbs their proximity was not helping either. Manik got his senses back when he heard someone saying 'aww such a cute couple'...nandini was still into him.

Manik smirked n said moving her ringlets behind her ears -  "now we are even" ..n winked which brought nandini out of her dreamland.

N -" tumne tho mai "...said gritting her teeth.

M - " kya ..tum kuch karogi n then mai kuch karunga aur hum dono hamesha ek dusre ke neck par atke rahenge so let this go as we are even baby "...said winking at last.

Nandini twisted her lips n turned her face. What ever manik said was true n even she promised her father that she wont trouble manik.

M - " chalo lets go its already 8pm" ..said getting up n adjusted his blazer.

Nandini threw a glare to him n stood up taking her bag. Both started walking.

When they reached the parking lot. Someone called manik from behind.

Person (Man)- "hey manik"...said from behind.

Manan turned around. But looking at the person manik became stiff. Nandini looked at the person with confused face as that person was like a bodybuilder with a long tatoo on his arms. Manik looked at nandini with stiffness as if someone has caught him red handed.

M - " listen take the key n go inside the car i will be back"...said holding her arms.

N - " par who is he, he looks like a fighter or something"...said in confusion looking at the person who was coming near them.

M - " just shut up ( said a bit rashly)..i said na get in the car ..i will be back"...gave her the car keys n told her to go.

Nandini made an angry face for maniks behaviour n went near the car.

After a while manik spoke to that person n came to the car, sat on the driver seat where as nandini was sitting on passenger seat. She just kept the car key on his lap n turned her head towards the window. Anyone could say she was totally annoyed by manik.

Manik closed his eyes to calm himself as it was so close. He didnt wanted nandini to know about that person or regarding how manik knows that person. After calming himself he looked at nandini who was totally pissed off. Manik shook his head n started the engine. Both didnt talk the whole way.

Manik stopped the car infront of an icecream stall. Nandini looked at the surrounding n turned towards manik with confused face. Manik just got down the car n went near her door n opened it. Nandini just starred at him but didnt speak. Manik sighed n extended his hand so that she can take it n come out. Nandini starred at his hand , atlast she held his hand n came out. 

Manik smiled when she held his hand but still she had a frown on her face. Both were leaning to the car n looking at the front.

Manik broke the silence.

M - " soo konsi flavour chahiye"..said in calm tone cause he already pissed her enough soo he didnt wanted to push it to the peak.

Nandini didnt answer, stood still looking at front. Manik sighed n cupped her left cheek from his right hand, feeling the warmth nandini closed her eyes. A cool breeze blew sending chills down their spine. Manik turned her face towards him, their faces were inches away. Nandini could feel his warm breath fanning on her face. Nandini opened eyes which meet maniks eyes. Both were looking at each other with the moon light falling on their face. Manik started stroking her cheek with his thumb. And said looking directly into her eyes.

M - " sorry"....said looking at her with burning intensity.

Nandini shiver at his tone.

M - " i didnt mean to be harsh, but that situation was like that soo "..said still looking at her eyes. Nandini blinked her eyelids a few times n nodded.

Manik sighed n asked " aacha aab batau konsi flavour chahiye"..

N - " huh"...asked in confusion.

Manik showed the icecream stall which was behind the car. Looking at the icecream stall nandinis eyes lit up n were shining like stars.

N - " manik !!..icecream"....said like a small child getting excited looking at ice cream.

Manik chuckled at her childish behaviour.

N - "mujhe tho meri favourite chocolate with choco chips icecream chahiye please"...said making cute pout.

Manik soo wanted to kiss her but he nodded n went near the stall.

Manik brought her icecream n gave it to her.

N - " tum nahi loge "...asked as he didnt get himself one.

M - " no i dont eat "..said shrugging.

Nandinis starred at him as if she has seen some alien.

N - " manik u dont eat freaking ice cream, are u freaking serious"...said in dramatic way.

Manik thought " drama queen"..

M - " yea, i dont eat freak'in ice cream"..said in same tone.

Nandini muttered to her icecream pouting " shhh nahi baacha usne tumne nahi bola ..my baby"..said to ice cream caressing with her spoon. Manik looked at her in amusement.

Manik muttered to himself " hff icecream ko bhi nahi chodthi"...n shook his head.

Nandini finished the icecream like child. Manik was looking at her smiling all the way.

There was icecream left at the corner of her lips. Manik took tissue from the car n yanked nandini closer. Nandini looked at him in confusion. Manik slowly moved his hand with tissue near her lips n cleaned it slowly. His total concentration was there only. Nandini was looking at him in awe. After cleaning, tissue fell from his hand n his thumb came in contact with her lips. He slowly caressed it looking at her eyes. Both were few inches away with maniks thumb caressing her lower lip in slow motion. Both came out of the trance when they heard vehicle horn. Both looked at otherside. Nandini kept her hand on her heart which was beating in higher rate then the usual. 

Manik moved towards the driver seat n got in. Even nandini sat in the passenger seat. The drive was silent. Both were fighting with their inner feelings. Trying to find out what was happening to them when they come near to each other.

Suddenly nandini phone started ringing bringing both back from their dreamland. Nandini saw the caller name it was aryamaan. She wanted to receive it but remembering maniks behaviour she kept her phone on silent. Even manik didnt ask why she didnt receive the call.

They reached malhotra mansion. Both got down. Again nandini phone started ringing. So she excused n went to her room answering the call.

On call.

Ar - hello

N - hello ..haa arya bolo

Ar - nandu call kyu nahi utaya??

N - sorry wo phone room mai tha n i was downstairs ( she lied conveniently).

Ar - accha oki listen today na wo c++ ki mentor ayethe after u went. He gave us a centre name waha ek sir hai, he had done phd in this subject n mentor ne bola to consult that sir n then to move ahead with the project.

N - ohh thats oki, hum unne consult kar lenge na

Ar - haa baba..but hume kal hii jana hoga

N - arya kal kaise, kal tho hume program prepare karna hai naa

Ar - haa i know, isliye kal arush aur mona program kar lenge. Hum dono unne milkar ayyenge cause we need his points right after the programs are prepared n that sir wont be in india till next month itseems mentor ne bola.

N - ohh, but yeh tho important hai project ke liye

Ar - hmm isliye , tho kal after college chale

N - yea cool

Ar - oki then , meet u tomorrow.

N - hmm bye gunnyt

Ar - take care.

Nandini hung up the call

Nandini thoughts - ayyaippa kya karu aab, manik ko batau but wo tho ajeeb sa bahave kar raha hai aryamaan ko le kar. I dont even know whats the matter. But i cant just ignore aryamaan he is my group member n my good friend too. Aur tho aur tomorrows meeting is important for project. I cant just keep it at stack cause manik doesnt like aryamaan. Kal mai jaungi yea i will.
End.

Changing her dress nandini slept off has she had a long day.

Spoiler - how will manik react when he gets to know about nandini n aryamaan going out after college.

Wait till next chapter.

Actually i myself excited for coming chapters.

Stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841K 79.4K 66
Previously known as 'THERE FOR EACH OTHER' "And when my eyes fell on you, I realised that all I ever needed in life, To flourish and to bloom, Was yo...
476K 37.4K 57
Its a story of a billionaire boy name manik malhotra who fall in love with nandini moorthy. She is beautiful but he is also handsome hunk of the coll...
166K 10.5K 39
Book -1 of "Hiraeth" series. . . Manik Malhotra the CEO of Malhotra Industries, always being the grumpy one and doesn't care about anyone except o...
848K 67.8K 78
Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few people he trusts and a dog he loves. A b...