Leave Me Alone { n.s. }

By coffeestainss

Nathan Sykes. He's just your average student at White Chapel High, right? Wrong! Thing is, he's a bloodsuckin... More

Chapter 1 - The New Guy
Chapter 2 - Detention
Chapter 3 - I'm Max, By The Way
Chapter 5 - Anything Is Possible
Chapter 6 - What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 7 - You Don't Even Know Him
Chapter 8 - Carnival
Chapter 9 - Different
Chapter 10 - The Incident
Chapter 11 - Matchmakers
Chapter 12 - Surprise
Chapter 13 - Soulmate?
Chapter 14 - Sick Day
Chapter 15 - Lovely
Chapter 16 - Winter Dance
Chapter 17 - Can I Trust You?
Chapter 18 - Will You...
Chapter 19 - Demons In My Head
Chapter 20 - Siva The Diva
Chapter 21 - Two Nathans?
Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping
Chapter 23 - Is He Hiding Something?
Chapter 24 - I Have Something To Tell You
Chapter 25 - I Am a Vampire
Chapter 26 - Panic Attack
Chapter 27 - Blood For The First Time
Chapter 28 - Selfish
Chapter 29 - Nothing To Me
Chapter 30 - Resist
Chapter 31 - Arguments
Chapter 32 - Control
Chapter 33 - Something Isn't Right
Chapter 34 - He's Back
Epilogue

Chapter 4 - Friendship Is In Order

1.2K 35 4
By coffeestainss

Skye's POV

I went to the restroom, and when I came out, I think I was calm enough to go back to class. 

Max is a pretty interesting person. I'd like to get to know him more. He seems really nice. 

I started walking back towards the classroom. 

When I stepped in, all 20-something pairs of eyes in the room instantly went on me.

"Are you calm, Skye?" Mrs. Hoofer asked.

"Yeah, i'm fine." I half-smiled at her and I went to sit down.

Mrs. Hoofer continued on with whatever lesson she was talking about.

"You okay?" Jay whispered.

"Yeah, i'm good." I breathed.

As the class went on, I managed to keep calm and go on with it without Nathan distracting me.

The bell soon rang and I got up to go to second period.

-

I went in and waved at Siva. 

"Hopefully Nathan won't distract us, right?" He chuckled.

"Yeah." I said.

Oddly, when the final bell rang for students to be in their classes, Nathan wasn't here. Not that I cared or anything.

Mr. Spence was taking attendance, and when he got to Nathan's name, he said, "Mr. Sykes isn't here today?" 

"Guess not." I shrugged to myself. The fact that he isn't here is totally fine with me.

Just then, the door flew open, and Nathan came running in. "Sorry i'm late." Nathan sat down.

"Mr. Sykes, you're late. Care to explain yourself?" Mr. Spence asked.

"I um, had to go to my locker and get something. I was having trouble getting it open." He muttered.

Ha! A likely story.

Mr. Spence gave him a look, but still let him off the hook. 

But somehow I knew that was a lie.

-

As the period was going on, Nathan wasn't distracting me. He wasn't texting loudly on his phone or any of that. He was actually paying attention person for a change.

I really wish Nathan didn't hate me so much for whatever reason I still don't know about.

I only look at the boy a little bit.

Okay, a lot.

Big fucking deal! People look at me all the time and no one hears me crying about it. Good god.

One person stares at him for a mere second and, all hell breaks loose.

I do wish Nathan and I could be friends. I mean, it's not like I haven't thought about it. But he clearly hates me, and frankly, now I hate him. So that's out of the question.

Second period finished up, and I went down to lunch.

As I was walking, I heard a voice. "Skye! Hey! Wait up!" 

I turned around to see Max walking towards me with a smile on his face.

"Hey." I smiled as he caught up with me.

I watched as Nathan came out of the Math classroom, his eyes instantly landing on me.

I spoke quickly to Max so Nathan wouldn't come up and say anything to me first.

I could tell he was about to come and say something to either of us. "Come on. Let's go down to lunch." I told Max and we walked.

Nathan's POV

Does Max know Skye? They seemed pretty friendly with each other when I saw them just now.

I followed them to the lunchroom, not making myself known of course.

One of my powers as a vampire is that I can talk to any other human or vampire using telepathy, and any other vampire can do it as well. So I decided to use it on Max now.

I closed my eyes.

Do you know Skye? I thought.

Erm...no. He lied. I can see him right now! He's talking to her as he's telepathically talking to me!

Dude. Turn around. I can see you. 

Max actually turned around and looked at me. He flashed his eyes as a warning sign to get away. I didn't leave though.

Nath..leave us alone.

Hell no. Now. One more time. Do you know her? I thought.

Fine. Yes I know her. We just met today.

Why didn't you tell me?

I knew you would freak out.

Oh really? No. I wasn't going to freak out at all. Just because you talk to my worst enemy doesn't mean i'll freak out.

I sense sarcasm in your voice.

Good ears, douchebag.

But why do you even care? You hate her anyway.

I want to get to know her, like you said to do.

Oh. Well she doesn't exactly want to get to know you.

Hm. Wonder why.

Again with the sarcasm.

Force of habit.

I don't see what you were complaining about. Skye is a cool and pretty girl. I really don't see what you are mad about.

Whatever. I'd watch myself.

You're just being paranoid.

Sure I am.

-

I continued following them to the lunchroom. When they walked in, I went down and sat with Tom.

"Hey mate." Tom said.

"Hey."

"Did you know that Max knows that Skye girl?"

"Yeah."

"Max likes her." He smirked.

"Oh, he likes her now?" I asked. Tom nodded. 

So. He likes her. Wow.

That's Great. Really fucking great.

Not.

I can't believe it! I know I should be happy for him, because he hasn't found a girl he really liked since...the incident.

I shouldn't be jealous. And i'm not. I just think that Max should watch his back. 

"Wow. I can't believe it." I shook my head.

"Are you jealous?" He laughed. 

"N-no! I just think that..." My voice trailed off.

"Nath. If you're jealous, say so." 

"Fine. I might be a little bit jealous." I rolled my eyes and muttered.

He looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"Don't look at me like that." I chuckled.

"Nathan's got a crush."

"No. Nathan doesn't." I said, speaking in the third person.

"Yes you do."

"I don't even know her all that well."

"You hate her."

"Exactly my point. What makes you think I have a crush on her if I hate her so much?"

"Get to know her!" He said, ignoring my question.

"You sound like Max." I said.

"I heard my name?" Max appeared.

"We were just talking about you and Skye." Tom said, eyeing me.

"Oh. Yeah. I just left her to go eat with her friends so i'm coming over here." 

"You two seem to be getting along really well." I said, sounding way more irritable and jealous than I wanted to.

"Nath. Do I detect a hint of jealousy in your voice?" He asked.

"No." "Yes." Tom and I said at the same.

"You don't even know Skye. You hate her anyway." Max shrugged.

"I know. That ends today. I'm done getting mad at her. I'm getting to know this girl. Today."

Skye's POV

"So Max is..who again?" Siva asked me for the thousandth time.

"Max is a new friend of mine. We met today, and he's really nice." I smiled to myself.

"Skye's got a crush!" Jay exclaimed, laughing.

"I do not! He's just a friend, you dick." I hit him on the back of the head.

"He may start out as a friend, but you never know. It could turn into something more." He winked.

"Please. No one would ever like me in that way." I muttered.

"I don't know." Alex said in a high pitched voice and nudged me to look where she was looking. I looked up and Max was staring at me.

But when I looked up and saw Max looking at me, he wasn't the only one who was. Nathan was looking me as well.

I looked at Nathan. He smiled genuinely. 

I smiled at him back.

Wait. Did Nathan Sykes, also known as my worst enemy, just smile at me?

And did I just smile back?

"Alex. If you haven't noticed, Max doesn't like me in that way. I mean, I may like him. But it's not like the feeling is mutual." I shrugged at her.

"Give it time. Someone will come around." Jay said as he ate his food.

"Sure." I rolled my eyes.

I don't really think i'm the most attractive girl ever, if it's not already obvious.

No boy has ever liked me in that way, so I just never really got a boyfriend.

For someone like Max to like me, well that would be amazing.

For someone like Nathan to like me, well, I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing if we got along with each other.

The fourth period bell rang and everyone got up to go to their classes. I gathered my things and started walking towards Science.

"Skye?" I heard a voice behind me as I was walking.

I turned, and I was shocked when I saw that it was Nathan who called me.

-

"What?" I asked.

"I wanted to say sorry for what I did. Yelling at you all those times and being mean to you." He said.

Did I just hear an apology come out of his mouth!? 

"Um, hold on. I think I just heard the word 'sorry' come out of your mouth?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me all of those times. I was hoping we could start over? We really got off on the wrong foot." He smiled with hope in his voice.

I was about to agree, but the time that he stalked me from his bedroom window suddenly flashed in my mind.

"You were watching me from your bedroom window last night." I frowned.

"Oh. Right. I'm sorry. I was looking at you because I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't have the courage." He said sheepishly.

"You didn't watch me undress...did you?" I lowered my voice and asked.

"No, no! I'm not some crazy stalker." He shook his head.

Oh. I was being paranoid again.

But on another note, Nathan Sykes just said sorry to me. I guess I could give him a chance.

"Alright. We can start over. So i'm thinking a friendship is in order?" I asked.

"I believe it is." He smirked.

"Well, okay. I've got to go to fourth period, so meet me outside of school at the end of the day. We can walk home together." I said.

"Sounds good." He smiled at me.

I turned around and ran to Science. We had a couple of more minutes to get there, but my class was halfway across the school, so I had to run. I made it in on time, though. Thank god. Our teacher doesn't play around with a tardy.

When I sat down, I thought about how Nathan and I will finally get along.

Nathan's POV

I was walking towards my fourth period, Gym. I have that class with Max.

"Hey, did you talk to her?" He asked when he saw me.

"Oh I talked to her." I smiled.

"And?"

"I like her." I smiled.

I didn't think that Skye would befriend me so quickly. Guess I was wrong.

I think that this may be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Or something more.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 973 25
Gemma Tebotti, a former Ohio resident, moves out with her father to Los Angeles just after her sixteenth birthday. Gemma's expectation to maintain...
3K 70 11
Although orphaned at an early age, caused so much trouble for anyone who knew her, and was always moving onto the next place not caring about who she...
7.1K 84 22
A freshman at college Carla just moved to London alone. She left her family and friends back home in Croatia and is trying to adjust to the new envio...
15.7K 408 16
*COMPLETED* When Nathan rediscovers Heather in someone else's body, he doesn't have to do much to rekindle their love, but has to do plenty to keep...