Definitely Not Interested

By hanlovestowrite26

Being a high school Muslim hijabi was already a lot to deal with but add a crazy life and it gets all too mes... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N

Chapter 12

14.6K 1K 402
By hanlovestowrite26

Guys I finally graduated high school! Congrats to those who graduated this year!

Also! enjoy!! Don't forget to comment and subscribe!❤️

*****

I ended up just going home that day and cleaned up myself. I still smelled gross no matter what. It felt horrible sneaking this away from my mom. Thank god my sister was at my grandparents house because if she was to see me like this, she would flip.

I tried to tell my mom about me moving away from this horrendous school about a week ago but she didn't listen. She thinks I'm being picky. But she has no idea why I'm like this.

I stared into the mirror and saw a washed out, tired, and lonely Malak. It wasn't me. Well it didn't look like me from before.

School was giving me unnecessary stress. I usually didn't care about what people did or said but physically attacking me has a different feeling.

If someone can take bullying to the point you're physically hurting, then they are monsters. That's exactly what Sarah was. She was a monster.
*****

The next day I walked to school, I got over myself and the tragedy. I wasn't going to back down to boy crazy Sarah. There was nothing going on between me and Amir. She was delusional.

As soon as I hit school grounds, Amir saw me first. He strode over to me with an Angry expression. "What are you doing here?"

I shifted my backpack. "To learn."

I quickly walked past him and made my way to class. However before I could take a step in, a hand shot across the door, blocking my entrance. "Going somewhere miss?" Adam looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Adam leave me alone." I rolled my eyes. "Today I'm on a mission."

He took a bite out of a grilled cheese sandwich that I have no ideas where it came from. "Oooo what kind of mission." He widened his eyes at me in awe.

"Surviving high school." I answered back dramatically.

******

Besides everyone giving me murderous glares, I made my way to the cafeteria. Surprisingly Adam followed me and decided to eat with me since he "didn't want me to get eaten".

I sighed as I sat down at an empty table. I must have smacked down my plate too hard because the ketchup spilled on to the table. "Dang it."

Adam laughed. "Hold up a sec." He then proceeded to get up and run off.

Exactly after he got up, Amir quickly slid into his seat. I wasn't surprised actually because I had caught him multiple time glaring in my direction.

"What do you want?"

"Why can't I just sit here?" He frowned at me as if I insulted him.

"Because Adam is sitting there." I stated. I was so annoyed of answering obvious questions. I could tell that he enjoyed me getting annoyed and uncomfortable.

"I can tell." He then grabbed the burger that was sitting on my plate and took a bite. He stood up and walked away but not before saying "Thank You".

That frustrated me to the max. He could buy his own burger, matter of fact he could buy the whole school burgers! But no! He decided to take mine. He decided to take the burger of a girl who had to fish for money in order to purchase today's meal.

I hated him even more now. More than ever.

****

I went home frustrated and hungry. My sister wasn't there but surprisingly my mom was. "Hi momma." I smiled at her .

She smiled back. "Malak how was your day?"

"Pretty okay." I lied.

"That's good!" She smiled wider. "Go ahead and get something to eat, I'm going to go pick up your sister."

I looked on the stove and my mom made spaghetti today. It looked really good and I was super hungry. I got so excited that I ran over and tightly hugged her thin waist. "Thank you thank you!"

My mother gasped but then started laughing. "You're welcome."

******

"Listen, this is not the time to shit around." I stated as I glared at Choji. That wasn't his real name, he just loved Naruto, is Asian, and food so much that everyone just acknowledges him as Choji. Also he stated that he won't reply to anyone if they call him by his real name.

"That's gross." He raised a brow. Choji was a year behind me. I tutor students who don't understand math with any free time and Choji was always here. You could say we're acquainted and that he annoyed the shit out of me.

"I don't care." I glared at him. I knew we were going to be here for a while and he was the only student who needed tutoring. "I need to go home."

"Well," He slammed his math book shut. "I tried."

"No, no I'll help you."

" No it's a good thing you said that. Both of us can go home early. I'll just tell my parents you weren't here." He shrugged. "It's a win win."

"I guess. I'm so tired." I was so thankful that Choji was lazy today. I just wanted to run home, eat food, and throw my backpack into the depths of hell.

He threw his backpack over his shoulders and I collected my stuff and we both headed out.

"What are you eating today?" Choji asked me randomly as we made our way out of school. He also walked home as well.

"Probably rice again." I shrugged.

"That's sad."

I shot him a look. "I mean Mmm tasty." He smiled weakly.

I sighed. "Whatever."

"There is a nearby Mexican restaurant. Do you want to go eat there? The food is great. Plus, " he clicked his tongue. "I'll buy."

"No, I'm good." I didn't like the fact someone else had to pay for me plus if one of the neighborhood aunties saw me going anywhere with a boy, I'll be the talk of the year.

"Lazy ass." He muttered.

"What did you say!" I gripped his hair. "I'll rip this out!" I grabbed hard into a clump of hair.

"Ow ow ow!" He cried. "I'm sorry! You're not a lazy ass!!"

Even though he was taller than me I was still able to keep him bent over.

I let go of his hair. "Fine."

He touched his scalp."GOD MALAK! OH MYYYYY!" He glared at me. "That's it. You're the craziest women I've ever met. And I've met psychos."

"Thanks for the compliment." I smiled.

"Ugh." He fixed his hair. "As I was saying. Ima leave because Mexican food is waiting for me."

"Goodbye." I waved him off.

"And you're coming with me." He added.

"No I'm not." I stated.

"Yes you are. I can't go there alone! I have to have another race with me so the people there don't judge me! It's not easy being an Asian and walking into a Mexican grill." He explained.

"I'm sure there are other races there too. Don't be afraid." I calmed him down.

"No you don't understand. People are mean! One time I entered and someone yelled "they don't serve orange chicken here!""

Why was he so annoying! Whatever he was paying. "Okay fine. But," I interrupted, "you're paying and we are not sitting together. I need to just grab food and head out."

He smiled. "Yes!" He jumped. "Let's go!"

******

We arrived at the Mexican restaurant and it looked quite fancy. My worn down school clothes looked even more pathetic when I walked in and found everyone in designer. At least Choji uniform looked good as new, but that's because his daddy has money too. He needn't worry about wearing the same thing till it rips. Because that's he only way I get a new uniform.

"What do you think?" He slid his hands into his tan khakis.

"It's nice."I looked around. Nobody was saying anything racist to him. I thought he wanted me to accompany him because poor little Choji was being bullied.

A neatly dressed Asian man, probably in his late thirties, came up to Choji and patted him on the back. "So what do you think of the restaurant we just opened up?"

"It looks great uncle." Choji smiled.

Right then and there I felt like punching Choji for lying. So this turned out to be there restaurant! He was a cunning idiot.

His uncle nodded and walked away. Choji turned and came face to face with my wrath. "I thought you said you get bullied here." I gritted.

"Whoops." He sheepishly smiled.

"I'm leaving!" I began stomping away but he pulled me back.

"Listen at least get food and then leave." He reasoned. "Try the food and tell me it's good so if there is anything to change." He tried calming me down, I was igniting.

"I can't believe you Choji! Ugh." I was so frustrated. I just wanted to go home and be alone. I hated going out publicly and now that I'm here with fancy shmancy people, I know I'll get trouble.

"Just try the food!"

"No!"

"You're so stubborn! It's on me! I'll buy." Choji ran a hand through his hair.

"You already bought the whole thing! Of course it's free!" I really tried to be the smart and reasonable one here but with Choji you got to act with a three year olds mentality.

"I'm just saying. God." He sighed.

I began to decline of my rage and I saw he was actually serious. He wanted me to try the food. I guess he just wants to see a supportive person and I hated seeing people being rejected and sad.

"Fine." I caved in. "Order it and try it."

"Yes!" He punched the air. "I know you'll like it. Give me ratings in stars. But you'll love it regardless."

"Got it." I rolled my eyes.

****

"Okaaay." Choji set down the food. It looked and smelled amazing. "Now you can eat all you want." He smiled widely.

"Wow this is amazing Choji. I wanna chug it all down." I widened my eyes at the plates that Choji served.

"You can but its hot." He laughed.

I grabbed a plastic fork and began to dig in and so did Choji. The first bite was amazing. There was a variety of food he served so everything tasted different but still the same awesomeness. I've never had Mexican food like this before. I was just used to burritos that I bought from food trucks.

"Choji this tastes really good. I'm actually really surprised." I stuffed more fancy nachos into my mouth. "I-"

Before I could finish I felt a hand claw at my collar and pick me up from my seat. Startled, I turned my head upwards, trying to see who it was.

"What the hell are you doing here." Amir snarled. His intense glare was boring a hole into my eyes.

I swallowed the food stuck in my throat and it hurt. He looked terrifying right now. "Let go of me Amir."

He ignored me and adverted his gaze to Choji. "Choji this is a nice restaurant, I'd hate to see it being destroyed if someone makes another restaurant close by." Amir narrowed his eyes and smirked mischievously.

I saw a quick wave of panic flicker in Choji's eyes. "Why are you here anyways Amir?"

Amir cracked a forced smile. "I came by to check how this new and famously talked about restaurant was like."

"Can you now leave then?" I spoke up, clearly annoyed by his presence. He was still clenching onto my collar.

"Yeah of course." He nodded. "Let's go." He then began to drag me out with him.

"I'm not leaving now!" I thrashed around, trying to get him to let go and he did, but then grabbed my forearm.

"Oh yes you are. You're not staying here." He gritted.

"Let her go." Choji came to help me out but Amir stood in front of me. 

Amir narrowed his eyes."I gave you a warning."

Choji sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow Malak."

I got super annoyed at Choji but I understood him. I knew what evil plan Amir was planning if Choji interfered. He was such a big bully and even Choji knew to stay out of his way.

I too didn't want to make a commotion in his restaurant and ruin its reputation.

I finally just let Amir walk me outside, but by the time we stepped out to the door, I exploded.

"What the hell is your problem!" I ripped my arm out of his grasp.

"You!" He sneered. "What now? You and Choji are buddy buddy. Since when?!"

"That's non of your business. Stop making people miserable."

"Oh but where's the fun in that?" He smirked.

"You're crazy, I swear." I shook my head.

He clicked his tongue. "That's not something you should say to your future husband."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

745K 50.8K 61
Qulsum Abi is going through a lot. Her step mother only favors Qulsum's step sisters and brother Worst part is they become great actors in front of h...
110K 4.4K 39
Growing up in the west is anything but easy for the teenage Muslim Ameerah Hasaan where she is constantly questioned and bullied because of her hijab...
2.1K 83 8
A TALE OF ACCEPTANCE OF IMPERFECTIONS. ______________________________________ She loved him but not anymore. He never loved her but he is falling for...
289K 28.1K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...