Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 10

599 76 5
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 10

Friday flew so fast. I woke up with a nervous feeling because I knew today was going to be a big day for me. Grace fell ill and did not come to school today and I was so lonely without her despite the fact that Hayley does not want us to keep communication in school.

I was walking down the hallway in school when I heard a banging sound which makes me scared. The hallway was empty because most people were in class.

I walked closer to the sound and saw The Enemy pushing Albert against one of the lockers. Poor Albert was trying to push back but he was not strong enough. I tried to see if I could turn back and pretend that I didn't see anything but I felt bad for Albert.

So I decided to make a move and stop The Enemy from bullying Albert during class.

I rush towards them before The Enemy realises my presence and the action yet to come. The moment I came close to them, I get in between them and push them apart.

"Hey! What's your problem?" The enemy says and glares at me after I pushed him and come in front of Albert to protect him.

"What is your problem asshole?" I look at him.

He frowns at me so hard like he was going to tear me apart. I was scared of his reaction but I was not going to show it to make him look better. Then his frown turns to a laughter.

"What do you think you're doing cow bee? Saving your fellow cow?" He says as he chuckles.

His words were really mean but I didn't let it hurt me. I will not let him get away with it this time.

I didn't reply him. All I did was glare at him and make him know that I was serious. After all, silence is the best answer to a fool.

His smile goes away as he saw how serious my reaction was. Then he turns away.

"Well you passed your luck today, miss." He gave me one last dead look and smirks before he puts his hands in his pocket and walks away.

I turn to Albert who was behind me.

"Are you okay?" I asked the the moment The Enemy was out of sight.

Albert nodded.

I gave him a small smile before I turn on my heels to walk away. Then Albert holds my arm before I could take another step.

"Thank... You..." He says slowly.

I smiled at him one last time before I finally left him.

********

"Naomi come on!" Hayley said as she was looking at me while I held out one of my old green dresses in my hand.

After school, Hayley dropped by at my house to get prepared for the big date. She seemed more excited than I was.

For the past twenty minutes, I've been bringing out different dresses I've had for years now that I thought was useful for a date but Hayley disapproves all of them.

"But this one isn't bad." I whined. "Look It even has a ribbon around it."

Hayley gives me a flat look.

"What? Ribbons are perfect." I shake my hands in the air as I sit down on the bed.

Hayley joins me to sit down on the bed as we were hopeless. We've come to the point that Ive missed one of the most important aspect of a date: the dress.

"So what are we going to do now?" I ask Hayley. She shrugs.

I sigh as I lay back on the bed. I'm completely messed up.

We sat in silence.

"Naomi!" Hayley snaps which makes me jump. "What of the blue dress we got last Friday?"

Oh shit. How can I forget about that dress!

I stood up to look for the dress in my wardrobe but couldn't find it and Hayley joins to search for it.

"Here it is!" She exclaimed after a few moments of searching as she carried the shopping bag from the floor beside my bed.

"I can't believe I left it in the bag." I groan.

"It happens to me sometimes." Hayley chuckles as she puts her hand inside the bag and brings out the dress.

We both looked at the dress in amusement and we knew that was the perfect dress for the night.

*****

It took up to an hour for Hayley to do my make up and hair. She straightens my rough hair and leaves them to fall on my shoulders once she was done. The make up turned out perfectly well although my vitiligo wasn't really covered much.

I stood in front of my full mirror and looked at myself.

I never knew a day would come like this that I will look so good. I wore the blue off shoulder bodycon midi dress with a black stilettos. The dress did a good job by bringing out the curves in me. I loved how my hair was centre parted and it came down my shoulders together with the perfectly light make up that Hayley did on my face. I didn't really like the idea of my skin coming out in my legs and hands but I didn't really want to bother much about it.

(Picture of Naomi's outfit above)

"Can I come in?" Hayley says through he door.

"Sure."

She walks in and I turn around to face her.

Her jaws dropped which makes me chuckle.

"You look amazing!" She jumped. "This isn't the Naomi I know!"

I just grinned at her expression. "Thanks. you did a good job."

She flings her hair back in an applauding manner. "My pleasure."

"Hey girls how are we doing?" Mum says as she pokes her head through the door.

She looks at me in surprise and walks up to stand in front of me to take a good look.

"Wow!" My mum exclaimed as she turned to look at Hayley. "You did a really good job here miss."

Hayley bows down in a funny way which makes my mother laugh.

They were both so astonished by the way I look and it made me feel really good about myself before Ive seen Adam. One thing I'm worried about now is that I hope Adam will really appreciate this look.

"Are we done staring so that I can leave?" I wave my hands at them.

Hayley just giggles and still stares at me with astonishment. Mum quickly runs out of the room and comes back with dad.

"Hey dad!" I smile at him.

He looks at me with a surprised face just as how Hayley and my mum did. After he only smiles at me without uttering a word, he stops smiling.

"Who's the boy again?" He asked.

My heart stopped. I couldn't tell my dad that I'm going on a date with a guy I met on social media because I know that there's a high chance he would not let me out of this house.

My mum knows about Adam but she doesn't really mind because all she cared about was my happiness.

I stand there frozen looking at my dad and trying to get the words out of my mouth to tell my dad who this boy was. My mum didn't say anything but just went through her iPad.

I looked at Hayley who noticed my reaction and she looked like she was also trying to figure out how to help me.

"He's my cousin." Hayley grins at my dad.

"Yeah he has been a really good friend to me too." I smiled as I lied to my dad about who the boy was.

My dad only nods his head with an expressionless face and gave me a small smile.

"Have fun." He says before he leaves the room.

"Thanks dad." I sigh the moment he was out of the door.

"Thank you Hayley." I mouthed as she turns to me and gives me a thumbs up.

"So let's get the picture ready." My mum says as she holds her iPad to my direction which makes me groan.

I pose for my mum to take a picture of me, at the same time Hayley brings out her phone to take a picture of me. Hayley kept doing silly faces which makes me laugh while posing for the pictures.

"You should be a model." She says as she was taking more pictures.

"That's so impossible." I laugh.

*******

I took a taxi to the Jamie's Italian restaurant and got there just in time. I sent a message to Adam to let him know that I was on my way.

I felt my hands shaking a bit at the back of the taxi as I was so nervous about tonight. I prayed the taxi driver wasn't looking through the mirror or else he will think I'm weird.

I finally got to my destination as I stood in front of Jamie's Italian.

"Naomi you can do this." I muttered to myself.

I took a deep breath in and out before I walked through the door.

Jamie's Italian has always been a well known fancy Italian restaurant around. I've come here a few times with my family and it looks so much better as I'm staring at it with the beautiful bright lights and the brown and red furnitures.

I went to the front desk to ask for if any body has reserved for Naomi Brown and the receptionist, who was a young Italian man in a suit, nodded and led me inside.

I followed him and he stops halfway and points to me to the direction of a boy that was sitting down on a table for two.

The boy was Adam.

He looked just like his picture with his black spiky hair. I could see he wore a black blazer with a White button shirt and a brown chinos. He looked so good in them.

"Thank you." I told the receptionist as he nodded and left me there.

I look at Adam but he wasn't looking towards my direction. He was looking through his phone probably waiting for me to reply.

I was so nervous to go and meet him but I had to gather all the courage to do so. I gulped before walking towards the table.

As I was walking towards the table, Adam looked up and caught my eyes. He stopped using his phone and just stare at me with a surprised face. Apart from his face being surprised, his face was also expressionless. I could not tell what was in his head neither could I tell his emotion.

I gave him a small smile and came to his table.

"You must be Adam?" I asked.

He nodded with the same expressionless face.

"I am Naomi."

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 10

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
223 0 20
Start: May 11, 2024 It's August 10, 2007 the first day of school after summer. Autumn Kasprak and her best friend Kaliyah Doxon are not exactly excit...
15.2K 385 33
savannah (you) and billie have been friends for as long as you can remember. you don't know this, but she has also been in love with you for as long...
78.9K 4.1K 41
When a laid back and rudely gorgeous city girl comes for her farmer's market crown, Sabina's dream of joining the family honey business is threatened...