A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
29: Whole At Last
30: Loose Ends
31: The Old and the New

28: Battle to the Death

244 8 1
By MajesticTeagle

Sam's P.O.V:

"Ahh! My dear child! You finally decided to reunite with your loving sister!" Rowena smiles. A smile that drips with poison. Kid looks up with confusion. I would have expected him to have already known that fact, but there he is, dumb as a doorknob.

"Oh, sorry there sweetie," Rowena says to the reaper. "I'm not her mother, but we are related."

"So... That explains the eyes." Kid grunts holding his side. 

How unfortunate for me. Being related to this horrid devil. Then again, I guess among my kind, I'd be considered the horrid one. I'm nothing like the other witches. I forbid myself to be anything like them.

"You're no sister of mine." I scowl her way. Rowena shrugs and her dark lips form a sinister smile. She walks closer to me, and seeing how Kid is right below me, I walk forward to her as well. Connor tags along beside me. There's no way I'm letting this horrid sibling of mine hurt Kid any more. He's in enough agony as it is. 

Rowena and I stop a few meters from one another. Her smile never leaves. Almost like it's stuck in that position, but then she frowns and glares at me.

"You caused every one of us to suffer." She spits. "Your Grandparents, our  Grandparents died at your hands. You killed the last few Grand witches and to top it all off, our parents. You killed everyone in our village with no mercy. You're a murderer. Day after day, you slaughter your own kind. Your own people."

"It's not like I had a choice." I fight back. "You had everyone try and kill me for your selfish desires!"

"Because you put everyone in danger!"

"It's not like I knew what I was doing! I was, what? five?!"

"You say that, yet your powers were fully operational at that age. Something no witch should ever have. You knew forbidden spells. You grew up faster than a man on a rapid ageing spell!"

I roll my eyes. "So what if I was academically better than all of those witches back home. I could have still accidentally cast the spell!"

I'm lying. I totally knew what I was doing back then. It's their selfish desires that struck a nerve. I didn't like their world domination plans, so I blew up the village. The few that survived tried hunting me down. Still to this day i disagree with taking over the world and twisting it into something dark. I probably shouldn't have cast that spell now that I think about it. It's that spell that made everyone see how desirable my powers were. Not exactly a good thing for me.

"Still, it's because of you that everyone died." Rowena smirks. "And it's because of you that I was able to take charge of those ill minded witches and twist their minds so that they're under my control. I guess I should be thankful."

"Don't be." I snarl. "You sent all those witches to abduct Connor and kill me."

"Well what was I supposed to do? You wouldn't come willingly. I had to change tactics."

"What did you expect me to do? Give myself up?!"

Rowena smiles and stays silent for a while. "Yes actually. I half expected you would."

I clench my fists and stare at the ground around Rowena's feet. I sigh and calm myself down. If she wants me to surrender, then I will. Connor places a hand on my shoulder and I give him a light nod. We have a silent conversation with our eyes that lasts for about three seconds. He steps back and bows his head down sadly.

I relax myself, and fall to my knees. The stone ground feels colder than I thought. I sense the movement of the others. Kid, Maka, Black*Star, the whole gang.

"What... Ugh... Is she doing?" Black*Star asks.

"She's giving up?" Tsubaki.

"No! Don't do it!" Maka.

"You can't go out like this! It's so totally not cool!" Soul. Doesn't take a wise guy to guess who said that.

"Sis? Is Samantha going to be okay?"

"I'm not sure..." Patty, Liz.

"Please... Don't leave me... I... I-I need you." Kid, followed by a sniffle. "I've already lost someone I care about. I don't want to loose you too..."

The reaper is falling apart. Everyone is falling apart. Do I mean that much to them? Even though I've caused trouble to every one of them? I mean, they're all cut up pretty bad because of me. Well, Rowena, but I made it happen. 

Rowena smirks down at me and looks over to Connor, holding out a hand to him asking him to join her. Please, Connor, go with her. Don't make this worse for everyone else.

Connor sighs and reluctantly transforms into a double edged blade, a black sword with distinctive glowing red patterns, resting in the palm of Rowena's well manicured hands. 

"How great it is to have the most powerful weapon in my hands. And now, all your friends will watch you head be decapitated. How wondrous!" Rowena cackles. 

I don't care if they have to see me die. The only thing that matters to me, is ending this stupid game Rowena has made up. I'm tired of being chased all around the world. I thought I was going to be safe here in Death city, but I guess I was wrong. 

On the upper hand, I've made some new friends, and even grew feelings for a stupid symmetry freak. He doesn't want me to leave him, but it's not like the choice is up to me. If I fight, she'll take it out on everyone. If I don't, she'll kill me and kill everyone anyway. There is no middle ground.

"From this day forward, your destructive power that goes beyond human recognition will be mine. To the Grand Witch! Where power such as yours belongs!"

holy mother of saint Teresa and a home baked cookie, how long is she going to keep talking?! I'm waiting to be executed! I don't want a fancy preparation or words of goodbye! Just get it over with already!

Rowena places the blade of Connor's sword against the back of my neck, getting ready to slice through it. It feels cold against my skin, and makes me shudder. I should be trembling in my boots right now, but I'm as calm as the ocean on a sunny day. 

"Say your goodbyes! Oh! Too late!"

The sword came down and hit my neck, and the screams  and gasps of terror escapes everyone's moths. Kid's was most dominant, shouting out a blood curdling 'no'.

I have to say... The best thing about all their screams... Was how... They all faded away...

....

.....

.......

.........

............

...............

... Into confused hums.

"What? How the-" Rowena cuts herself off as she looks to her hand seeing nothing but thin air. "Where did my precious weapon go?!" She yells in frustration. I smirk and stand up holding Connor in my grasp. How he got there? Well, lets just say that Connor and I have a special bond that can't separate us. Whenever someone else wields him, he automatically transfers back to me after a few seconds. A strong bond with your weapon can do that, as well as a little bit of magic.

Rowena backs up as I rise to my feet. The small audience behind us stare in awe. 

"What did you do!" Rowena demands with a scowl. I sigh thinking that if I went into the explanation, she wouldn't understand. 

"Connor's not your partner, he's mine. We, did nothing. You simply took someone else's property and magic gave it back to the rightful owner. Me."

"That's forbidden magic!" Rowena screams.

"I know, but like you said, I grew up faster than witches wanted. I know countless spells that you can only dream of."

"Then I suggest you hand over that power! Someone as insolent as you doesn't deserve to have that knowledge! Especially one that won't use it!" Rowena clasps her hands together rubbing them together and the ground below begins to shake and rumble. 

I stumble gripping onto Connor tightly for security. A small circle surrounds me and the stone floor lifts up off the ground shooting me into the air with a storm of lava flowing from the newly made hole.

"Man it's hot out here!" Connor comments with a slight laugh.

"Really not the time for your hilarious jokes, Connor." 

I jump off of the rock disc that's staying afloat the fountain of lava. I swipe my leg close to it, and the lava show shuts off and the slab of concrete in the air plugs the hole.

Rowena scowls and goes to prepare for her next trick, but before she can cast another one of her pathetic spells, Connor and I lash out at her, striking her several times in the chest.

"That was quick." I smirk. Nope, definitely not the time to celebrate. I forgot about it once again. Her healing capabilities exceeds my own. 

The three slashes heal up almost instantly. I have a feeling that this is going to take longer than expected.

"You won't win with that lousy sword technique! Are you a witch or not?!" Rowena cackles as her wounds vanish. "Use some magic!"

"I don't need magic to win."

"Is that so? Well you won't win anyway. You have have improved your technique but I too have grown in power. While you hid away in stone I trained for the day where you would crumble. Where your head falls from your shoulders!" 

Her hands began glowing and something struck my arm. What was it?! It was so fast I couldn't see! My sleeve got torn, but it didn't cut through the skin. Looks like she needs to work on her aim.

More quick little things make their way towards me, but every time I manage to get a look at them, they've already manages to cut through my skin.

"Grr!" I grunt as my shoulder leaks blood. 

"Come on, Sam! Focus!" Connor yells. I know I need to focus! Gees. I'm not an idiot! I slow my breathing and close my eyes, letting the speedy little bullets strike me. I can feel their energy. One. Two.

"Sam?!" Kid calls worried.

Three. 

I spin Connor around and deflect all the energy shots, flicking them everywhere but being careful to keep them away from the injured meisters and weapons.

Each one I evade makes it easier to move. I take a step towards Rowena as I go, and I go to slash her down the middle but something stops me!

Her nails seem to have grown! That's disgusting! Her nails twirl around Connor, and I can't seem to cut them! It's they're reinforced with titanium! Death's sake, she's not making it easy at all!

"You can always use your magic Morgana." Rowena muses. I wish she'd just shut up!

Connor and I put all our energy into our attacks, but no matter what we do, Rowena evades, heals and throws something our way that's much more life threatening. She can't hit us, and we're not even getting a scratch on her!

She's pushing it. She's pushing it real far. Rowena's content on getting me to use my magic, but I refuse! Connor and I are a team. No way am I using my magic when I have a partner as good as him.

My sister smirks and aims one hand at us and another at the huddled group of meisters and weapons. What is she doing?!

"You cant protect yourself while protecting them, now, can you?" She beams.

Oh crap. 

Energy swarms around her hands. I can see the heat forming in the palm of her hands. 

"Sam... What are we going to do?!" Connor panics. 

"I have an idea."

The energy releases from Rowena's hands in both directions. At us, and at the others. I toss Connor over to them and he shifts into a shield, saving them from the blast. As for me? I had to stroll onto the dark path of magic. I hold my hands out and bend the beams facing them back at Rowena.

She scowls but that quickly fades away when she realises that I've used magic.

"Finally! Some excitement!"

"Don't get too excited!" I warn. She doesn't listen to me. She's firing everything she has at me, and all I'm doing is dodging them! I need a tactic, quick!

I don't want to use magic. I can't use magic. I refuse to. If I attack with it, there's a chance the academy won't survive, and I don't want to be responsible for the destruction!

Rowena speeds off from her spot and pins me down on the ground. Her hands jam into my ribs and I can feel heat building up in my body! No, not that spell! The spell that brings your body temperature up by the extreme, melting your insides until you can't function! That's meant to be a forbidden spell, so what is she doing with it?! I thought I was the only one that knew that sort of magic?

Well... I guess not.

"ARGH!" I struggle from her grip. She smirks down at me as I'm left helpless under her grasp.

Screw this! If the school goes down, so be it!

In a small blast of fury Rowena is knocked back, but she still stands unscathed. My body is surrounded by flames, having of soaked in the extreme heat and channeled it into power.

I hear the others marveling at me. They shouldn't get too used to this.

It's a one time thing only, and I can't go overboard. Not unless Lord Death is okay in having his whole entire city wiped out. I doubt he'd appreciate that... I just have to stay away from that one spell.

"I hope you know that whatever you do, I'll just heal myself."

"Is that so? Well you can't heal yourself if you're paralyzed." I smirk.

I can't believe I'm about to do this. I've feared it so long. And now I'm going to use it to win. Well, it's as they say, right? Your greatest fears can be your greatest strength. The darkening sky rumbles and lightening shoots down from the heavens above.

I yelp as it hits Rowena and her body goes stiff.

"Connor!"

The boy flings back into my hands as the sword I held before. Rowena lies on the ground with an electric charge flowing through her body. I'm going to end this nice and quick. 

I go to swing but something holds me back. Did I have a change of heart? No. No I did not. She deserves to die. But as it turns out, my clever sister made herself immune to damage while she's paralyzed! There's a stupid force field blocking my way! By the time I remove it, she'll be fighting fit again! Ugh!

She gets up once the paralysis wears off, and she doesn't waste any time at all in striking me down.

So I'm pinned down once again and look seemingly helpless. Is that true? Probably. I'll be honest, she has my hand Connor's blade is being turned against me. Her nails are piercing my skin! Blood is dripping along the concrete. I need to figure something up, but her strength is winning against my own! Mind you, I think the only reason she has the advantage right now is because she's using her magic to give her that little extra strength!

I let my guard down for one second and I'm on the brink of death. My life is slipping away the closer Connor's blade gets to my neck.

"Sam! Fight it!"

"I'm trying, Connor! Transform back into a human!"

"I can't! Rowena is preventing me from doing anything!"

The said witch smirks and leans closer to my ear.

"I didn't realise you'd go down so easily." she whispers. She clicks her fingers and suddenly I'm frozen, as is Connor. Though I can still talk. 

"Why haven't you used the spell, Morgana!?" she scoffs taking a few paces away from me.

"Why do you think?! That could kill everyone in Death city!"

"That's not my problem. Is it that you're going easy on me?!"

I'd never go easy on her even if my life depended on it. Besides, I don't even think I'd be able to pull that spell off. When was my soul split in half? All my spells are proven useless against a whole soul. Normally if I was frozen by magic, I'd be able to get out in not time at all. But because I've my father, I don't have the energy to defuse this magic!

Why doesn't she kill me already? I've been waiting for her to do that since this fight started. 

Rowena laughs. And then some more, as if this whole thing is some comedy act.

"You, m'dear sister," she laughs some more, quite hysterically. It's kind of scary... "you will dies! In front  of everyone you care about! Won't it be fantastic!"

Again, she laughs and laughs and laughs. I stay calm. I know what's coming next. 

This is the part where the villain inserts their life story, explaining how they got to this point, while in the meantime, the protagonist, the hero/heroine figures out a plan to escape and make everything sunshine and rainbows.

That's exactly what will be happening in... three... Two... and... One.

"Y'know, I've always dreamed of this moment. It feels like only yesterday I was planning this moment."

Yep~ Here we go. See? I told you.

"I would constantly wonder how gutting you out like a fish would feel. I made several plans to kill you, but you always got away, and finally, today, I have unlimited power at my fingertips!"

"Yet, if I have the power you say I do, how is it that I have fallen? Wouldn't that make you, the most powerful witch then?" I inquire. It's because I have half a soul. Not that my idiotic sister knows of it.

Rowena cackles.

"Don't think I haven't noticed that you're going easy on me. Still care for your older sister after all, huh? How kind, but I make this one promise; I'm not going easy."

The air falters around us and she's on top of me once again, with the tip of Connor's blade pressed against my chest.

She believes my soul is whole. How wrong she is. Though how she praises my power is quite entertaining.

"Now, my dream of accessing your power shall become reality!" Rowena licks her lips.

"Or... Keep dreaming." I deadpan. 

She growls and presses the blade harder into my chest. A small river of blood flows out and I grunt.

Protests and shouts come from both Connor and the others.

"I don't want to hurt you!" Connor cries. Oh don't worry, buddy. I already know that. And maybe... Maybe you won't have to.

"Bye bye, sister. It was nice to catch up with you in the short time we had." She smirks and plunges Connor deep into my chest, sinking further into my flesh.

My body stiffens as screams echo around the area. The surrounding stares intensify as my limbs go limp and I begin feeling ill at the blood curdling scream. 

She doesn't have to be so dramatic.

"What is this?!" Rowena screams in bewilderment mixed with extreme amounts of pain. 

The hand of Connor's blade is stuck in my chest, but, the blade is coming out of Rowena's. She gets off of me and observes her chest, feeling the running liquid slip over her hands in huge waves. Her breathing becomes rugged and escape in a quick, sharp pace.

"Get it out!" She cries as her eyes spill salty tears to mix with the scarlet mixture. I pull the blade out of me a little causing the other half to shrink back in Rowena's frame. The tip is visible, and I won't take it out until she's dead.

She tries using her healing abilities to seal the wound, but that won't work with a weapon in her path! She won't be completely healed until I take Connor out. As if I'd give her that opportunity!

"Foolish! What's that going to do?!" She questions. I shrug as I stand up still holding onto the sword and not letting go of it. Just in case she decides she wants to take it out herself. I sigh as her complaining drives me insane.

I turn to the small audience, seeing some of the teachers coming to.

"I advise anyone who's watching to to turn away. Unless, you're as sick as I am." I smirk.

"Oh yeah?! What are you going to do?!" Rowena shouts at me trying to get the blade of Connor's sword out of her body. I frown and twist the handle stuck in my chest that makes the blade in Rowena's twist about and create a bigger hole, and agonising pain to shoot through my sister's body.

"ARRRRRGGHH!" She wails. I hear a few gasps from the small crowd. Maka covers her mouth and mumbles something about that being sick. That's not the sickening part, darlin'. It's just getting started.

I step closer to Rowena, still twisting the sword making sure she has no chance of healing. Now for the fun part.

I take the sword out of my body which in turn made the blade retract from Rowena's chest. Her body already begins the healing process as she pants heavily trying to recover from the pain. Not so fast, witch!

I kick her down and before her chest closes up, I stick my hand inside. I hear a few vomiting sounds from the over lookers. I warned them, did I not? 

My hand swims around trying to find her life source. This battle has gone on long enough, so by Death's name I will end it! Her blood is warm and swallowing my hand as it mingles with her body parts. Her ribs prove to be a problem to get by. I snap each one causing Rowena's shrill screams to sound more agonising. 

Her healing magic can't fight me off. If she's in this much pain as my hand intrudes her organs, it's pointless to even try healing herself. I dig deeper as Rowena wails like a baby. Come on, come on! I need to find her life source! Where is her damn soul?! Where is that little orb that weighs nothing and feels like existence?! A life that wavers with magical energy?! I will find it, even if I have to tear this body limb from limb!

"WHAT.... ARGH... ARE YOU DOING! S-STOP PLEASE!" She cries, but I have no intentions in stopping until I tear her away from life. I won't remove my arm until I vanquish this demon! I can hear the murmurs of them. Some sound disgusted, others confused. Some were anxious and amazed were others. 

"It's over, Rowena. Say goodbye to your precious dream." I say almost too calmly. I stand up with my dripping blood arm as her body disappears and unravels the soul that rests in my hand. Scarlet coats the concrete as the liquid runs off my arm. A red blanket covering the area where I slayed my sister. 

The glowing soul stares down at the area along with me. She's gone. We've won. Yet, I somehow... Don't feel all that satisfied... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 7.3K 45
You are just one of twelve death scythes scattered around the world. You are the youngest female death scythe while Justin is the youngest male death...
41.3K 1K 58
An X Reader fanfic about the reader's adventure in Soul Eater. This is a Death the Kid X Reader, Soul X Maka and Black Star X Tsubaki fanfic with som...
231K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...
314K 9.6K 38
10 years after Kid has left you alone, events have occurred. Your mother is moving without you and you make your journey towards the DWMA. You're int...