The Road to the Uchiha Clan R...

By Amaterasura

Orphaned since birth, young Naruto has always lived a solitude life despite how tough he acts. What he don't... More

The Road to the Uchiha Clan's Revival & Other Stories
Chapter 1 - Michitoki Clan's special Kekkei Genkai's awakening!
Chapter 2 - Aftershock, who's that Boy?
Chapter 3 - Uzumaki Naruto
Chapter 4 - Ichiraku Ramen
Chapter 5 - Naruto's apartment of Hell
Chapter 6 - The Uchiha Clan, First impression from Uchiha Itachi!
Chapter 7 - Home coming, secret revealed!
Chapter 8 - Clan Elders' decision!
Chapter 9 - The Last Resort
Chapter 10 - The Hokage is a Slave Driver
Chapter 11 - Mission Revealed! Get Ready for Action!
Chapter 12 - First Akatsuki Member
Chapter 13 - The Hunchback and the proud Artist
Chapter 14 - Clash with Deidara and Sasori!
Chapter 15 - Call me Yamato
Chapter 16 - First encounter with Tsunade
Chapter 17 - Formation of an Alliance against the Akatsuki!
Chapter 18 - Getting to know Yamato
Chapter 19 - A Call from Genma, Kakashi enters the Fray!
Chapter 20 - Make-Out Paradise! Kakashi's pervy side!
Chapter 21 - Amegakure and its God
Chapter 22 - Itachi: We Meet Again...
Chapter 23 - Itachi's Genjutsu
Chapter 24 - Objectif Cleared
Chapter 25 - Kakashi's Secret and The Strangest Akatsuki!
Chapter 26 - New Trouble
Chapter 27 - Don't try to save the Uchiha Clan anymore!
Chapter 28 - A dream of Sixteen Years ago
Chapter 29 - Tobi
Chapter 30 - Stuck in the Akatsuki Hideout with Deidara
Chapter 31 - A new Destination
Chapter 32 - Fortuitous Coincidence
Chapter 33 - At the Dango Shop
Chapter 34 - The Mystery of Tobi
Chapter 35 - Uchiha Madara
Chapter 36 - To Join or Not to Join
Chapter 37 - Kakashi's Ninja Dog and A Call from the Hokage
Chapter 38 - The Epic Duo
Chapter 39 - Dark Motive from Otogakure
Chapter 40 - A Thing to be Noticed
Chapter 41 - Newly discovered Passion
Chapter 42 - Turning Point
Chapter 43 - At last
Chapter 44 - Invitation to the Kuraku Izakaya
Chapter 45 - Yamato's wistful Thinking
Chapter 46 - A Mission Tsunade can't Decline
Chapter 47 - New Threats
Chapter 48 - All for the Sake of Bounty Hunting
Chapter 49 - The Immortal Beings
Chapter 50 - It May All end Here
Chapter 51 - Bold and Talks by the Book

Chapter 52 - Konoha's Grief and Sai's Origin

228 16 2
By Amaterasura

Chapter 52 - Konoha's Grief and Sai's Origin

Upheaval once again broke out in the country. News about the Akatsuki destroying the Fire Temple in a single night reached Konoha. Under great stress, the Hokage immediately formed twenty platoons consisting five four-man teams to capture the Akatsuki, dead or alive. Soon, one of the dispatched teams clashed with their searching targets— Hidan and Kakuzu. Our side has lost, resulting the death of Asuma Sarutobi.

While the village sulked in bereavement, I was still banned from going anywhere from the hospital. Only if I was stronger, and defeated one of the Akatsuki back then, the present outcome might turn out differently. I was distressed over my teammate's death. However, my kekkei genkai couldn't be used to go back and save him; the new result might be even worse. Not to sound more pessimistic, but we were lucky that Toshi was the only casualty in that mission.

A week later, Yamato and Sai came visit before leaving for a new mission. Asuma's students left the village again to hunt down the Akatsuki with Kakashi. Tsunade has ordered the two to provide them back-up support.

Sai changed his casual outfit to a Ninja attire. "What happened to your shirt, Sai?" I asked without thinking. Did it shrink during washing or something?

He politely responded with a smile: "this is our uniform, its has always been like this. Do you find it pretty?"

*sweatdrop

Yamato awkwardly laughed: "Hisako-san, Sai is from the other ANBU Black Ops division. What you see here is their standard attire."

What?! I absolutely don't remember seeing Sai on my first day in the ANBU. But, to think about it, on the night of Danzo's capture, the ANBU Captain briefly told me about the existence of another branch system.

"Sai, You're from the Root?"

"Ah, yes." He showed a subtle sign of surprise

Yamato sighed

Now I know who is in charge of Sai! Depriving my sleep on that night was well worth it! My target shall be that old man Danzo.

Before I was officially dispatched from the hospital, my Clan Elders paid me a visit. I expressed my grief about the Otouko Clan mission. On their part, they gave me a cryptic invitation to the Michitoki Shrine.

Some days later, I went back to my Clan and Masuyo-sama escorted me to our Shrine. No one ever comes here other than for the purpose of a few annual celebrations. We entered inside, the Elder stopped in front of the sacred statue: "this is it, Hisako-kun."

"There's nothing here." I bewilderedly said

Without another word, Masuyo-sama performed a long chain of hand-seals at a flickering speed; first time I see the grandma in action. She's performing our Clan's special Fuinjutsu.

"Halt!" She forcibly clapped her palms in one. The statue in front of us "moved"; its jaw hoarsely opened, revealing a hidden scroll.

Masuyo-sama fetched it and turned to me: "this is our Clan's sacred script of the Temaboroshi Jutsu. What you can perform now is the most basic stage. With this, your gekkei genkai will be perfected."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 314 63
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...
147K 3.4K 11
Naruto Namikaze Uzumaki is a girl. She's not an idiot like she lets on, she knew of the burden she carried since civilians don't know how to keep the...
4.2K 206 13
"When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's is all about." Koeda Aisaka moved through her...
14.9K 762 64
(Book 1 of an Insane Genius series) Minato and Kushina survive Kyuubi's attack and have twin sons. After the destructive Demon Fox is sealed inside t...