Leave Me Alone { n.s. }

By coffeestainss

Nathan Sykes. He's just your average student at White Chapel High, right? Wrong! Thing is, he's a bloodsuckin... More

Chapter 1 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - I'm Max, By The Way
Chapter 4 - Friendship Is In Order
Chapter 5 - Anything Is Possible
Chapter 6 - What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 7 - You Don't Even Know Him
Chapter 8 - Carnival
Chapter 9 - Different
Chapter 10 - The Incident
Chapter 11 - Matchmakers
Chapter 12 - Surprise
Chapter 13 - Soulmate?
Chapter 14 - Sick Day
Chapter 15 - Lovely
Chapter 16 - Winter Dance
Chapter 17 - Can I Trust You?
Chapter 18 - Will You...
Chapter 19 - Demons In My Head
Chapter 20 - Siva The Diva
Chapter 21 - Two Nathans?
Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping
Chapter 23 - Is He Hiding Something?
Chapter 24 - I Have Something To Tell You
Chapter 25 - I Am a Vampire
Chapter 26 - Panic Attack
Chapter 27 - Blood For The First Time
Chapter 28 - Selfish
Chapter 29 - Nothing To Me
Chapter 30 - Resist
Chapter 31 - Arguments
Chapter 32 - Control
Chapter 33 - Something Isn't Right
Chapter 34 - He's Back
Epilogue

Chapter 2 - Detention

1.3K 29 1
By coffeestainss

Skye's POV

I went to the lunchroom and sat with my friends. "What's wrong?" Jay asked me as I sat down.

"Nathan Sykes is what's wrong! He is such a dick!" I said.

"Maybe you won't have many classes with him?" Siva said, trying to be optimistic.

"I appreciate your optimism Seev, but i've already had 2 classes with him, and he's been -"

"2 classes is nothing!" Alex said.

"You didn't let me finish! What I was saying was that he's really mean. If you were me, you'd know what I was talking about." I said.

"You have 8 classes out of the day. He has had 2 with you so far. Chill out, and if he has any more classes with you, stay away from him." Alex said.

"How is that possible when all the teachers put him right next to me!" I said.

No one said anything. 

I went up and got my lunch. As I was getting my silverware and walking to my table, I saw Nathan.

He was staring at me. Cold-locked staring at me. 

What caught me the most were his eyes. They weren't the dark green that I saw earlier. His eyes were red! I did a double-take to make sure I wasn't imagining things, but when I looked again, Nathan was gone.

You're seeing things, Skye. I'm thinking.

I slowly walked over to my lunch table.

"What happened? You looked like you just seen a ghost over there." Siva asked.

"I-i'm fine." I stuttered and shakily ate my food.

"No you're not. Your hand is literally shaking." Alex pointed.

"I'm fine, okay?" I said.

They all exchanged nervous glances.

"I have to go to the restroom." I shot up out of my seat and ran out of the lunchroom.

-

I ran into the restroom and made sure no one was in there with me.

I went up to the mirror.

"You did not see red eyes. You did not see red eyes." I kept repeating aloud.

I felt cold beads of sweat go down my neck.

"Be calm, Skye." I said aloud.

I didn't know why I was feeling like this.

I couldn't believe that I was going crazy over something as little as some stupid red eyes! Why was I hyperventilating in a bathroom over absolutely nothing?

"Skye? Are you okay?" The door opened and Alex came in slowly.

"I'm fine, just a bit dizzy."  I put on a smile.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Positive."

"Well come on then! Let's go back." She gestured. She began walking and I followed.

"You okay?" Jay asked once we got back.

"I'm fine."

"You had a bit of a scene."

"I said i'm fine Jay." I said quickly and gave him 'the look'. The, i'm-tired-of-talking-about-the-subject-matter-and-if-I-hear-one-more-word-about-it-i'm-gonna-snap-your-neck, look.

"Okay, okay." He had his hands up.

"Nathan Sykes is one shady guy." Siva muttered.

"What has he done?" Jay asked.

"He was texting in class while some people," Siva pointed to himself and I, "Were trying to pay attention."

"He called me a nerd." I muttered. The one thing I hate is being called a nerd. I am not a nerd! Sure, when you first meet me, I may come off as shy and quiet and, - yes, a nerd. But get to know me more and it's like The Hangover.

The bell rang and we all got up to go to throw our stuff away and go to fourth period. I've got Science for that. 

Science is probably my least favourite class of the day. But then again, I hate all of my classes.

This is one of the classes I have with just Alex so I talk to her.

I sat down in my seat and continued writing in my notebook. Pretty soon, the late bell rang and Nathan was nowhere to be found. Thank god! 

This is the one class worth living for all of the sudden. Although, I still find it stupid. I hate this class and I hate this school but that's not stopping me from getting all A's and B's in my classes. 

My mum would absolutely kill me if I got less than a B- in any class.

As our science teacher was droning on about the lesson, I was actually able to pay some sort attention. Stupid Nathan distracted me during second period, and first period was just too boring that I was barely listening.

At least this class was some sort of interesting and Nathan wasn't here to distract the hell out of me.

-

Hours later...

By the end of the day, i'd had a pretty odd day and I still had my detention to go to. Ugh. 

"Guys, I got a detention today. I'll see you all later." I gave a slight smile as we were being let out of eighth period. They said okay, wished me luck, and we went our separate ways. Alex, Siva and Jay left for their lockers.

I took my time getting to the Math classroom.

I walked in slowly, to see Mr. Spence writing on the board and Nathan sitting in his seat. 

"Ah, Ms. Malone, nice of you to join us." Mr. Spence said.

"Not like I had a choice." I muttered and I heard Nathan chuckle.

"That's enough." Mr. Spence snapped.

I sat in a seat near the front while Mr. Spence was writing lesson plans on the front board.

I took out my notebook and started to write. 

I felt something hit me on the back of my head and I instantly knew where it came from. Sykes.

I turned my head and he was smirking evily, looking down and pretending to read a book. I could see him looking at me with a devious look. 

I picked up the balled up piece of paper. I had to make sure the teacher wasn't looking so that I could throw it back at Nathan.

When I was sure he wasn't looking, I hurled it right at Nathan's head. 

He dodged it, which pissed me off. "Nice try!" He mouthed.

I gave him the finger and turned back to my notebook.

Mr. Spence took me out of my thought process. "An emergency came up with my wife. I will let you two out early, but I don't want to see this again. Understood?" He asked.

Nathan and me both nodded.

I gathered my things and went to my locker to get my bookbag. As I was at my locker putting my stuff away, I saw Nathan on the other side of the hallway with who I assumed were his friends, and they were all staring at me!

This creeped me out, so I hurried to grab my things and I was out of that school in record time.

I checked my phone, and I had a missed call from my mum at 4:45. She's always working and she always calls to check up on me to see that I made it home safely, as I am home alone for a few hours until she gets home.

As I was walking home, it was almost completely dark out, but it had to be no later than 6 p.m.

The wind picked up its speed and I picked up my pace as I walked. 

I called my mum. "Hello?" She answered.

"Hey mum, sorry I didn't call you back earlier, my phone died." I lied. She would kill me if she found out I had detention. 

"It's alright. They're letting me out earlier today, so I'll be home soon." She said.

"Okay. Bye." 

"Bye."

-

The wind was now blowing really hard and I was only halfway home. My hair was blowing in my face and I felt my cheeks flush from the cold.

"Skye." I heard a whisper.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Hello?" I called. Nothing answered, and the wind abruptly stopped. 

I turned and continued walking to my house at a fast pace.

"Skye." The voice said again. Except this time, it was a clear voice. The voice of a guy. It sounded familiar.

"Who's there!" I called out, but nothing moved and no one answered.

"I'll give you one last chance! Who's out there screwing with me!" I yelled. Once again, nothing answered.

Although not being entirely sure if anything was really behind me, I hurried home.

-

When I made it inside, I put my stuff down and went to make a cup of tea. 

It was cold in my house, so a hot cuppa would do the trick.

I smiled to myself as the warm liquid warmed me up from the inside out. I went up to my room to change out of my clothes.

As I made it up to my room, I set my cuppa down to change.

I grabbed a white t-shirt and some sweatpants. As I was just finishing getting my pants on, I saw a figure outside my window!

He was standing in the bedroom of the house just across the street, stalking me! He was peering dead out of his window, right at me. 

Then I saw his eyes. Those red eyes. Those red eyes that were hypnotizing me today at lunch. The fringe that was swept over this boy's forehead.

The figure standing there, stalking me, was Nathan Sykes.

-

I immediately closed my curtains. "Oh my god." I said out loud. He was literally watching me! The sheer fact that he lives in my neighbourhood is bad enough. Now I find that he lives across the street from me and he was watching me undress?!

It's official, he is a massive pervert. And that just adds on to the fact that he has red eyes, he appears and disappears out of nowhere, and he's a complete douchebag.

Something is not right about Nathan. I need to find out what that is.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 684 22
197 year old vampire Nathan Sykes decides to move to a new town in hopes of finding his partner, or true love. Little does he know that she just migh...
44K 2.7K 45
[COMPLETED NOVEL] One night, that's all it takes for everything to change. One insomnia. One stroll in the dark night. One murder. Two hands covered...
153K 2.1K 25
*COMPLETED* *There are a ton of embarrassing mistakes:/* Heather Waldorf used to have a wonderful life; that is until she graduated high school/se...
88.2K 3.8K 200
A story of roommates and soulmates. Full of friendship, love and the troubles that come with growing up. Jace's roommate dislikes him. Alec's admirer...