Save Me

HippyHilda tarafından

(Book #3: Rich Kids series) Since the birth of her son in high school, Lauren has been through it all in her... Daha Fazla

1| Lauren
2| Brandon
3| Lauren
4| Brandon
5| Lauren
7| Lauren
8| Brandon
9| Lauren
10| Brandon
11| Lauren
12| Brandon
13| Lauren
14| Brandon
15| Lauren
16| Brandon
17| Lauren
18| Brandon
19| Lauren
20| Brandon
21| Lauren
22| Brandon
23| Lauren
24| Brandon
25| Lauren
26| Brandon
27| Lauren
28| Brandon
29| Lauren
30| Brandon
31| Lauren
32| Brandon
33| Lauren
34| Brandon
35| Lauren
36| L+B
READ THIS...

6| Brandon

377 22 9
HippyHilda tarafından

"Ahh, fuck!" I screamed out in fake agony when the doctor touched on my shoulder like I had been doing for every visit in the past year since my injury.

"Wow, you're still very much in pain. Look, I'm going to prescribe you to one more refill of Percocet. If you're still in an ample amount of pain after that, then I strongly suggest physical therapy so it can heal properly."

That was the last thing I wanted to hear, but I nodded with a straight face waiting for him to give me my prescription that I was going to pick up right away. I needed it more than ever.

"Yeah, okay."

After signing off on it, Dr. Chaney gave me the piece of paper and I was on my way out of his office.

Once I stopped by the pharmacy and got what I needed, I went back home to chill until I had to go get my boy Trav from the airport.

When I unlocked the my door, I heard rambling around in my kitchen. My instinct told me to put a hand on my gat in case of anything being out of order.

"Bruh, take your hand off your pistol." I was startled when I heard the voice coming from behind me. I turned to see Travis standing there with a smile settled on his face.

The man that was in the kitchen rose up and looked terrified. "Who dis nigga?" I pointed at the unfamiliar man.

"The chef..."

My brows furrowed. "Explain why is there a chef in my loft? Hell, explain why are you here?"

"Well, for one Jeffrey's cooking for the party tonight and I'm here because I have a key. You gave it to me."

"Mhm, I know. That's not what I meant though. I was supposed to be picking you up at 8 tonight." I glanced down at my watch and scrunched my face. "It's only 5:30."

"Yeah, I know. I've been back in the city since last week, so yeah."

I gave him a curious look and he caught on to it. "Why you looking at me like that bruh?"

"You been here a week and didn't tell anybody. Okay, tell me what's really going on..." I told him with my arms crossed.

"Long story."

"Cool," he knew that I wasn't the type to get in his business and question him like his sister does.

Just as I started to stroll to my room, I remembered that he said something about a party. I stopped in my tracks. "What's the occasion?"

"Brooklyn and Isaac's joint bachelor/bachelorette party tonight. Everybody should be here at around 8 or 9. So, get dressed and wear a color besides black or gray for once."

"Nah, I'm good."

Travis smacked his teeth and frowned. "C'mon bro. You never have fun anymore. You'll be 30 next month, at least enjoy your last month in your twenties."

"The food smells good, so I'll come out to eat. Then, I'm going back in my room." Trav narrowed his eyes, but nodded at me making a deal with him.

"Fine. No black or gray and do not wear that damn sweatsuit, it's 90 degress outside. This isn't a funeral, bro. "

"Okay."

I strolled away to my room, leaving him and the chef alone. As soon I closed the door, I took my pill bottle and opened it to pop 2 of my vitamins in my mouth. I chewed them up and took a sip of my water on my nightstand before dosing off to sleep.

I was interrupted by a knock on my door and sighed deeply. Looking at phone's clock I saw that I had slept pass 9 at night.

"Hold up!"

The banging on the door stopped when I yelled out. I opened it a bit to see Travis busting in. "Bruh, you ain't even dressed."

"Well, I was sleeping before you barged in so there's that."

"Nah, we made a deal. Put clothes on and be social. Everybody want to see you too, so come on." I groaned at Travis scolding me. I wasn't in the mood, then again I never was.

"All right. Get out and let me get ready."

"20 minutes or else I'm coming back in here to bother you again."

"Yeah, get out then," I said with a agitated expression.

When I finally put clothes on, I went to my nightstand and popped two more of vitamins, chewing down to bits and swallowing. Once I took a deep breath, I opened my door and came out of the room. Luckily, nobody saw me when I came out. I immediately went to the kitchen where the food was trying to stay out of everyone's way.

My face lit up when seeing my kitchen filled with food porn that I couldn't make for myself even if I tried. I grabbed a plate and stuffed my plate with the carbs that I know I don't need.

"Hey..."

I turned around to see the same person that was cursing me out last night at my job, in my face now with a small grin.

I gave her a simple head nod and focused in on my food. I wasn't mad at Lauren nor did I care about what she said...that type of outburst was normal for battered women.

"C'mon now. I'm trying to apologize for my behavior."

She spoke in a low tone, trying not reveal any of her situation to randoms. I shrugged her off. "Yeah, I heard you."

I started to walk off to my room, but she stopped me before I could leave. I looked at her like she had lost her mind.

"What?" I questioned.

"You didn't tell anybody, did you?"

I squinted my eyes at her to see if she was being serious. I was convinced that Lauren was a lost woman. My eyes scattered around to see if eyes were on us.

"Seriously? That's what you're worried about..."

"Yo, we some assistance over here. Me and my daughter been sitting over here waiting to talk to an officer for over 30 minutes. Where's the justice?"

That was what I heard while coming out of the bathroom down the hall. I didn't pay it any attention because the two weren't sitting by my desk, so it wasn't my case.

"Reed, Wallace! Go handle that, please."

I sighed at the fact that the Cap't always had us two working together like we were equals.

"Go get them, kid."

I waited for Reed to go get the father and daughter duo so that we could get a simple statement to press charges for whatever.

When the two sat in front of my desk, I was thrown off by who it was. Actually, I was more thrown off by how her face looked. She had been violated in the worse way.

"Don't fucking look at me like that!" Lauren snapped before rolling her eyes.

"Okay," was all I said.

"We apologize for the wait. What can we do for you all today?" Reed took the lead as I focused in on her face.

"We'd like to press charges against her husband...now. Look at her damn face."

Lauren smacked her teeth and sat up. "No, I'm here to get a restraining order. No charges. No press, no media. None of that."

"But ma'am--"

"No! You heard what I said. I'm already embarrassed to be here."

"I hear you, but it would be best to go forth with pressing charges. With restraining orders, it's only so much that we can do for you. If he's in jail, then you'll be safer," I suggested, trying to look out for her in this serious instance.

"Listen to the man, Laurie. This is serious. You had your mind made up that you would go through with it."

"And I changed my mind. The last thing I want to hear is a pyschomanic depressed person telling what the fuck I need to do for my safety. I'll be fine."

If eyes could cut a person, she had me in pieces. "My apologies for my daughter's disrespectful comments. She's not in her right mindset."

I shrugged everything she said off and let the rookie do the rest of the talking, eventually ending the conversation with her getting a restraining order against a man who fucked her face up.

"Did you hear what I said?"

I didn't hear her, but I honestly didn't care to listen. I was just here for the food. The socializing wasn't for me.

"Doesn't matter...it's cool." I calmly told her.

My response caught her off-guard, by the look on her face it was obvious. "So, you're not upset about my insensitive comments?"

"No."

I finally took a bite of food as she looked at me in awe. "Gosh, you're so out of touch with yourself," she stammered with a frown.

"Says the woman that has make-up caked up on her face to cover up a black eye...ironic."

Lauren appeared irritated as if she had more to say, but she was obviously biting her tongue. "Don't fucking judge me and my situation. You don't know shit about it," she groaned lowly.

"Okay," I mumbled, still focusing on my food. "I don't know and, honestly, I don't care. I was just doing my job," I informed her with a slight shrug when glancing up from my food.

"Hey, you came out of the room. Nice." Travis was smiling when he came between me and Lauren. "After you eat, y'all come play this game with us."

I quickly shook my head. "Nah, I'll pass."

Trav smacked his teeth. "Don't make me call Sky over here to get on your nerves."

"Please don't..."

"Good. So, it's official. You and Lauren versus Isaac and Brooklyn. Battle of the Sexes: Couples."

"Eh, I'm not in a playing mood Travie. I'll just chill for awhile longer and call a über to come get me because your sister is over there lit."

"Bruh, y'all playing," he commanded. "And after we finish, my bro can take you home. Deal?" Lauren looked unsure at me, but I just nodded along with it assuring her that I would take her if she needed too despite our discussion.

"Okay, let's play then."

"Aye, y'all I found another team. Laurie and Wally getting in the game next!" He yelled out to them when walking toward the crowd. I sighed.

I turned next to me to see Lauren cracking a smile about to laugh. "Wally though?" She started to laugh and I shook my head.

"You don't want to be called Bam, but you let him call you Wally? I'm dead."

"Shut up and let's get this game over with, so I can take your ass home."

Vote, comment, and whatever else ;)

Thoughts...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

72 34 9
Since she was a young child, Emilia Jones has had to overcome many obstacles in her life. Her mom passed away when she was six years old. Few months...
117 10 21
Book 3 He always loved her but never showed, She never loved him, and neither she knows he does but they are married due to their parents will and no...
Down For You Bree Bey tarafından

Genç Kız Edebiyatı

348K 9.8K 37
It's been three years since Madison was kicked out by her mother . She is now staying with her grandmother and focused on finishing high school. Fall...
200K 9.1K 43
The Octalogy Continues With Marvin And Kaidence Going Through Marriage, Parenting, And Of Course Drama. And Kaiden Has His POV While He Undergoes His...