Saving Sebastian

By thegreeneyedwriter

"I don't need saving." He spit at the ground. I had never met anyone like Sebastian. "We're friends, whether... More

Authors Note
01 - Game time
02 - Rude apple
03 - Partners
04 - Hopeless
05 - There you are
06 - Surprises?
07 - Odd Friendships
08 - Bonfires
09 - Strange feelings
10 - Monday funday
11 - Fireworks
Authors note #2
12 - Birthday boy?
13 - Chocolate smiles
14 - Restless sleepers
15 - Overwhelming feelings
16 - Perfect imperfections
18 - Hopeful hearts
19 - Truth be told
20 - And then, there was one.
21 - Rain is a blessing
22 - Endings
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
**QUICK NOTE**

17 - What is love?

107 17 5
By thegreeneyedwriter

Aria Watson:

Sweat drips from my forehead, down to my feet. I wipe my face with the back of my hand, dribbling the ball. It must be at least thirty degrees out here. I pass the ball to Chelsea, a freshman.

    She carries the ball elegantly through the field, sliding it to Julie.

   Julie takes the perfect opportunity to score a goal. She curves her foot, the inside of her cleat colliding with the black and white ball. The ball flies above the grass, skimming the goalies hand as she dives for it.

   She grips the ball before it can fly into the net. I kick the ground in frustration.

    We cannot afford to loose, we are an undefeated team so far and soon scouts will be looking at us.

    I high five Julie as she jogs past me. "Ten minutes, we'll get em." I smile at her.

   She shines a hopeful smile as we wait for the goalie to throw the ball. I jump in front of one of the blue players, causing the ball to stop at my feet.

   I spin with it, carrying it throughout the small space that is left between the net and myself. I make a quick pass to Emily, who immediately shoots it into the net.

The goalie runs to the right side, diving once again. She is too slow, allowing the ball to fly into the net.

I run to Emily, slapping her right hand hard. Come on, Ravens. One more goal and we win, I remind myself.

"Let's go Ravens, let's go! Woo, woo!" I hear a boy scream.

My head snaps at Sebastian who is the only person standing on the bleachers. His head is held high as he continues his chant.

I laugh loudly, running down the field. The chant grows louder and louder as more people join.

"Em!" I yell. She makes a sharp pass towards me, the ball gliding across the dry grass. I dribble it down the field between both of my feet. I pass to Julie once again, who then makes an immediate kick to the net.

    One of our opponents blocks the kick with her chest, the ball flying to another blue player. The other brunette dribbles the ball towards our net.

    I sprint towards her, aggressively nudging her shoulder in attempt to steal the ball. I catch her off guard when my foot collides with the ball, sending it towards the other side of the field.

   Chelsea quickly runs for it, dribbling it towards the net.

   "Get open!" I yell.

    Chelsea has no one to pass to. She pushes through two blue players trying to defend the net. I watch the inside of her cleat collide with the ball. The soccer ball lifts off of the ground, skimming the goalies head.

    Their goalie is quick to react, however the ball slides through her hands and into the net.

    In a matter of seconds, the whistle blows.

    Every member of our team jumps in celebration. We run together, colliding into one large group of girls. We laugh and cheer, congratulating Chelsea on her winning goal.

    I practically topple over when everyone begins to bear hug each other. I run by everyone, giving them a quick high five on my way to the bleachers.

   Sebastian and Maya run off of the bleachers faster than lighting speed. Seb wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me into the air.

   I laugh loudly, slapping his shoulders. He releases me onto the ground, giving me a small squeeze before he breaks our hug.

    Maya hugs me tightly, congratulating me on our victory. "Two more games left in the finals, you guys can do it!" She squeals.

    Seb wraps an arm over my shoulder and nods.

   "Where's Lucas?" I ask, scanning the field.

    I notice his jaw clench at the mention of Lucas. "He didn't show up, not sure where he is." He shrugs.

    "He's shopping with his mom. The idiot doesn't own a single tux for semi-formal." Maya laughs. "He's asked you already, hasn't he?"

My expression drops. "Nope. Not yet." I smile slightly.

Sebastian slides his arm off of my shoulder and clasps his hands together. "I'm sure he will soon." He states. "I'm probably not going to go."

"Yes you are." Maya snaps. "Any friend of Aria's, is a friend of mine. If you are my friend, you're going to the dance whether you like it or not." She states, crossing her thin arms over her chest.

"Fantastic." He rolls his eyes.

Maya smiles. "I've gotta meet with Shane, he's taking me out for dinner."

"Ohh! Have fun," I smirk, nudging her shoulder.

She slaps my arm. "Shut up!" She shrieks.

"Wear protection!" Sebastian laughs loudly.

Maya's eyes widen and I mimic. "You perverted soul. I don't go around sleeping with every guy that takes me out on a date. I don't know how your mind works, but I'd watch your mouth." She shoves his chest.

I laugh loudly at his terrified expression.

"Toodles!" She says with a high-pitched voice. She grins widely, waving us goodbye.

"Well she's pleasant."

"I could say the same about you." I punch his arm.

We begin to walk towards the front of the school. "So, why were you having second thoughts about semi-formal?" I ask.

    "It'll be fun and all, but I don't have a date." He shrugs, shoving his hands into his pockets. He glances at the ground.

    "Sebastian Peters can't get a date? No!" I gasp teasingly. I scratch my oval shaped jawline, dropping my hands by me side.

    "Sure I can! I just, their's this girl," He admits. I notice the slightest sparkle in his hazel eyes. His skin is slightly darker than usual and the ghost of a smile appears on his lips.

    "A girl?" I raise an eyebrow. "Who is she?"

    "Not important." He snaps, scratching the back of his neck. I watch his muscles flex slightly. They weren't as large as Lucas', but he wasn't scrony either.

    I frown at his response. "Love is very important. If you love her, you should tell her."

    "Love doesn't exist at sixteen. Even if it did, she 'loves' someone else." He rolls his eyes, fiddling with the hem of his pockets.

    "I believe love exists at any age, you should too. Even if you think this girl loves someone else, she may be confused with her feelings. Maybe she does love you, she's just hiding it.." I stop myself from saying anything else.

    I'm not talking about this girl anymore, am I?

   "Tell me about her," I smile slightly.

"Why are you so interested?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I rock my arms side to side as we enter the parking lot.

He grips my arm, spinning me in his direction. "Why do you ask so many questions?" His eyes lock with mine.

I feel the butterflies in my stomach rise from his touch. An electric force runs through my body, leaving me with goosebumps all over.

I shake my arm out of his reach, clasping my hands together.

"She's one of a kind," He begins,

"Her skin is the perfect olive tone, rough in some places and smooth in others. Her eyes, they're larger than an ocean, a beautiful blue that you could get lost in so easily. Her hair is brown and soft, I want to run my fingers through it and kiss her pink lips. Her top lip isn't always noticeable, but I think it's cute," His eyes are lost in mine.

"She's smart and well rounded, unlike me. We're so similar yet so different. We don't belong together, but the world continues to pull us closer and closer. She is so perfectly imperfect it makes me want to scream. I've never experienced these feelings until I met her. I hate her, but I care about her so much it makes my heart hurt. She still has yet to see my bad side and my past. I'm afraid once she does, she'll leave. I'll loose the one thing that meant most to me." He lets out a breath and averts his gaze.

His words drown in my insides, melting everything. Have you ever experienced love, joy and sadness all in one? It feels like you're dying, but you've never felt more alive.

I choke on my breath, tears forming in my eyes. My heart races, beating out of my chest. I fight back the urge to cry and laugh at the same time. A large smile slaps across my face, yet I know my eyes are filled with sadness.

What is happening to me?

Reality then hits me like a bullet. He's not saying these things to me, he's explaining how he feels about another girl. Another girl.

"Want to know the crazy part? I've only known her for two months," He laughs slightly.

"We met two months ago." I force a chuckle.

"We did, didn't we!" He smiles, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

Brown hair, blue eyes, olive skin, two months ago. How could I be so oblivious?

"Seb!" I say loudly. Shit.

He snaps his head at me. "What? What happened?"

"Uh, nothing. I thought I saw a mouse." I huff out of a chuckle, shining an apologetic smile.

You don't know if it's true, Aria. Stop getting ahead of yourself.

Lucas. Think of Lucas.

* * * * * * *

Ooo! Has Aria realized the truth about Sebastian's feelings? Is Aria still confused about her feelings for Sebastian? What about Lucas?! Keep reading, everything will be revealed.

Thanks for all of the support lately, love you all and hope you enjoyed ;)

Xoxo

(Ps: Are Shane and Maya destined to be together? Tell me what you think in the comments!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871 35 9
This story is supposed to be cringy!! "Do you think it's weird?" I asked him, as my heart began to beat out of my chest. "Why would I?" He replied, s...
1.1M 31.4K 34
"Oh, do you really like me?" I asked him once again. He did something I didn't imagine him to do again. He kissed me once again, but it was only for...
451K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...
1.6M 64.1K 86
I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I see him I stop. There is one bulky man...