BIRD SET FREE 𖤐 DEAN THOMAS

By billywigs

❝ the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. ❞ ACHIEVEMENTS: ... More

INTRO
- PLAYLIST + CAST
- PROLOGUE
( ACT ONE )
02. FORESEEING
03. CHAMPION SELECTION
04. THE CHEAT
05. FIRST TASK

01. THE WORLD CUP

3.6K 136 11
By billywigs

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

CHAPTER ONE
THE WORLD CUP

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

SHE APPARATED WITH her father in front of the Diggorys' house and knocked on the door. "Dad, I'll bet you anything Mr. Diggory is going to brag about whatever Cedric's done and make you run late." She whispered to her father, she thought it was weird that her father has started working already, but she shrugged it off.

"Come on, now, Beth, be nice." Her father whispered back, taking note on how Amos brags all the time. "I am nice. He is not." She pointed out her dislike towards Mr. Diggory's constant bragging. But as soon as her father tried to reply, the door opened, revealing Mrs. Diggory.

"Oh, you're right on time." She smiled at them. "Please, come in." She gestured to their house with a genuine smile plastered on her face. "Thank you." Beth's father said and stepped in, helping her carry her bags.

She called Amos and Cedric downstairs and offered Beth and her father some tea. "Oh, no thank you. I'm afraid I've got to go after I drop off Beth here." Her father declined.

While they waited for the pair, they had a small chat which all three of them quite enjoyed. Soon after, Cedric and his father came into view. "Amos!" Her father greeted. "Andrew!" Said Amos before they went in for a friendly hug. And, as always, that had another small talk. But the only thing Beth was waiting for didn't come and what surprised her was that he didn't brag about anything.

"Elizabeth, I see that you have everything you need ready?" Amos asked her, acknowledging her bags. She quickly nodded and mumble a 'yes' to him. "Well, I can see that everything is good, unfortunately, I must go." Her father made his way closer to the door, beside Beth. "See, he didn't brag." Andrew whispered to her. "You just wait, dad. He's going to." She whispered back. "No time for that. Have to go." Her father kissed her forehead and bid goodbye to everyone else, and disapparated.

"All right, kids. Now, we wait for the Weasleys." Amos said and the three of them said their goodbyes to Mrs. Diggory. Then they went straight to the designated place to wait for the Weasley's.

It wasn't too long until the lot came into view and Cedric and Beth were playing around when Amos spotted them. "There they are!" He said to the two of them. Beth quickly took a stand beside Mr. Diggory while Cedric, for some reason, was up in a tree.

When they came into view, what Beth saw was Mr. Weasley, Fred and George behind him, Ginny and Hermione not too far from them, who seemed more excitable than Harry, who seemed very exhausted and Ron, who was yawning the whole time. While Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory greeted and hugged each other, Beth took the time to catch up with Ginny and Hermione, seeing as Harry and Ron looked like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Hermione, Ginny!" She hugged them. "Beth! I heard you were going to stay with us?" Asked Hermione after they pulled away. "Yes, I am. Both my parents would be busy, so they figured, why not?" She explained to them. "But why are you with Mr. Diggory?" Asked Ginny curiously, "why didn't you just come to us in the first place?"

"Long story. Which is not worth telling." She laughed off. The next thing that happened was Cedric jumping off the tree.

"And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" She heard Mr. Weasley say.

The marched to the place Mr. Weasley and Diggory led them to. They were on a hill, and she saw and odd looking, lonely boot.

"Yes, it's just over there." Said Mr. Diggory.

Beth was just as confused as Harry, though she knew the Wizarding World, odd is their specialty.

"Come on, nearly there now. Get yourself into a good position." And the others went to circle around the boot.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Asked Harry.

"I don't know..." She trailed off. Looking just as dumbfounded as Harry was.

"That isn't just any manky old boot, mate." Said Fred. "It's a portkey." George clarified.

Elizabeth left Harry's side and positioned herself next to Cedric, and set her hand on the boot.

"Ready! After three. One, two..." Mr. Diggory counted, and she noticed Harry didn't have his hand on the boot. "Harry!" Mr. Weasley called him, snapping him back to reality and quickly touched the boot.

"...three!"

The portkey was whole new experience for Beth, they were spinning in the air. It felt like she was flying in circles without stopping.

"Let go, kids." Mr. Weasley called out.

"What?!" Said Hermione.

"Let go." Mr. Weasley repeated.

They did as they were told and immediately fell hard to the ground. Everyone was on their backs except for Mr. Weasley, Cedric and Mr. Diggory, who came floating down from the sky.

"I'll bet that cleared your sinuses, eh?" Mr. Weasley laughed. Beth sighed and got up and dust herself off. Soon enough, they were walking into a camp.

"Well, kids, welcome to the Quidditch World Cup!" Mr. Weasley announced.

They were walking in the midst of busy people and out of the corner of her eye, Beth spotted Oscar and Mary.

"Oscar! Mary!" She called out, raising her hand so they'll spot her easily.

"Beth!" Mary yelled back.

Beth saw Mary grab Oscar by the hand and dragged him to were she was. She also heard Oscar mumbling something about being more careful to Mary. The next thing she knew, she felt Mary's arms around her. "Okay, okay. Too much excitement." Beth laughed and pat Mary on the back as a signal to stop hugging her.

"Where's Michael? He wouldn't miss this kind of thing." Oscar asked in a joking tone, looking at her with a expectant look.

"No, he didn't come." Beth told him. Her smile fading slightly. She could see that Oscar wasn't too happy about it as she was. She could hear a small 'all right' from Oscar. Their conversation was cut short by Mr. Weasley yelling to the lot. "Come on! Keep up, girls!"

They started walking and following the group. "Oh! Michael asked me to say hi to you, though." Beth said to Oscar, looking back at him as he was further away from the group.

"Send my regards to Michael, then." Oscar replied. "I'll do that." She smiled at him.

Mr. Diggory and Cedric seemed to start parting ways with them as they bid their goodbyes to Elizabeth and the lot.

"Ah! Home sweet home." Mr. Weasley said as he led the group to a tent. He held up the tent curtains so they could go in. And, again, Harry was confused, he sure did not think they all would fit into a small tent.

Eventually they all got inside and the tent turned into a big room with at least three bunkers, a kitchen, a living room and a bathroom. Beth was in awe, her parents have never taken her camping before.

"Girls, choose a bunk and unpack." Said Mr. Weasley. Beth joined Hermione and Ginny, laughing along as they traveled from bunk to bunk, trying to choose the best one.

When it was finally time, they happily went to the stadium, which was filled with witches and wizards walking in and out, finding their seats. The group were walking up a lot of stairs to get to their designated seats. Half of them were tired, including Beth.

"Blimey, Dad! How far up are we?" Said Ron.

"Well, put it this way," everyone turned their heads to where the voice was coming from, Lucius Malfoy, "if it rains...you'll be the first to know."

"Father and I are in the minister's box..." Draco boasted as soon as they started walking. "...by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself."

"Don't boast, Draco." Lucius said to his son. "There's no need with these people."

The group were certainly not amused and immediately turn their backs, but before they can walk away, Lucius put his cane forward so it grabbed Harry's jacket.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you?" He smiled. "While you can." He said and let go of Harry. They spared no more time to continue walking to their seats.

"Come on up. Take your seats. I told you these seats would be worth waiting for." Said Mr. Weasley as they walked to their spots, it wasn't actually a seat, more like spots and all you have to do is stand there.

When they finally went to stand there, Fred immediately cheered. "Come on!" He shouted, his face was painted green and white. Suddenly there was a whooshing noise coming from behind and before they could turn back to look there were a group of Quidditch players with green and white smoke trailing behind their brooms, who Beth recognised as the Irish.

"It's the Irish! There's Troy!"

"And Mullet!"

"And Moran!"

There were a chorus of cheers throughout the stadium for the Irish, there was also a dancing leprechaun in the sky.

"Here come the Bulgarians!"

Quidditch players dressed in red and black clothing came flying in. The cheers intensified, Beth was equally as impressed as the others at their synchronisation.

"How do you do that with your broom!? That handstand would take years to master!" Exclaimed Mary, Beth just laughed in response as she knew nothing about playing Quidditch and Mary has been on the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team as the chaser for quite some time, so did Oscar on the Gryffindor team.

Beth was sitting on one of the cushions inside the tent, beside Hermione, laughing along at Fred and George, who were dancing around with Irish flags, and the lovestruck Ron, who might as well be drunk. The tent was filled with noise and chants.

"There's no one like Krum." Ron said, standing up on a table.

"Krum?"

"Dumb Krum?"

"He's like a bird, the way he rides the wind." Said Ron, motioning towards Fred and George, who were now flapping around like a bird, saying, "Dumb Krum."

"He's more than an athlete–"

"Dumb Krum"

"He's an artist."

"Dumb Krum."

"I think your in love, Ron"

"Shut up."

Beth and Hermione laughed at them, but the joyful moment disappeared in Beth's mind and everything felt slow motioned, like she always does at times. She knew what it was, the terrible gut feeling that she had, the feeling as though time had stopped, the dizziness in her head, the slightly blurred vision and the muffled noise could only mean one thing. Something is going to go terribly wrong.

While she was busy with her own mind, she heard muffled noises of singing and laughter, only to be interrupted by people screaming—which was slightly louder and unmuffled than the rest—and Mr. Weasley frantically telling them that the had to go.

"Come on, Beth!" Hermione had snapped Beth out of her trance and helped Beth stand up. "What's going on?" She asked her. Hermione let out a small 'I don't know' as she walked outside the tent. Beth looked around to try and find Mary and Oscar before following her, but to no avail, the tent was already empty.

Beth went out and saw everyone running for their life to random directions, Hermione was holding onto Harry, Fred, George and Ron were staring at the mass, and Beth was worried sick as to where Mary and Oscar ran off to.

"Get out it's the Death Eaters!"

"Get back to the portkey, everybody, and stick together!" Said Mr. Weasley. He gave Fred and George an instruction but other than that everyone started to run. Beth felt as is though her feet were planted on the ground and her vision blurred, Hermione and Mary had to grab her by the arm and ran the direction Fred and George went to.

Mary called out her brother, who was standing near Harry. Hermione lost a hold of Harry and passed Beth to Ron, and yelled for Harry and held out her arm for Harry to grab, but it was too late as he soon was lost in the sea of people scattering in different directions.

The four of them, which were Hermione, Ron, Oscar and Beth, waited until all the people had gone so that they could go and find harry.

"Harry!" They shouted

"Where are you?" Ron yelled. They went on until Beth saw a figure move between burnt tents. Once they were close enough to see who it was, it turned out to be Harry. The four instantly ran towards them.

"Where have you been?"

"We've been looking for you for ages!"

"Are you all right?" Said Beth.

"Thought we lost you, mate."

Beth was just about to ask where he had gone but a mark in the sky distracted her. The same terrible feeling she had before came back to her. She hated it, she didn't want anything to do with foreseeing the future or anything of the sort. She reckoned that if she had went to the lessons like her grandmother had wanted her to, then she would be able to control whatever she felt.

"What is that?" Harry looked up at the sky and so did everyone else. Beth noticed him start to hold his head, right on the spot where he had the scar. She wanted to help him straight away but suddenly, by instinct, she pulled out her wand. Which was good that she did so, she saw people point their wands at them but she wasn't fast enough to identify them all.

Quickly she pointed her wand and said, "Protego!"

One of the few spells her parents had taught her, and that she actually practices.

"Stop!" She heard Mr. Weasley yell as he ran towards them. "That's my son!"

"Are you all alright?" He asked them, helping them get up off the ground. "We came back for Harry." Beth explained.

"Which of you conjured it?" Barty Crouch pointed his wand at all of them. Beth felt attacked, she didn't recognise him, she had only heard his name thrown in conversations here and there.

"Crouch, you can't possi–"

"Do not lie!" He raised his voice, still pointing his wands at each and everyone of them. "You've been discovered at the scene of crime." Beth could see the tremble in his movement, the way he points at each of them. She took an interest in him, she thought that there was something more to his story than how anyone else sees him.

"Crime?" Harry looked confused.

"Barty, they're just kids..."

"What crime?"

"It's the Dark Mark, Harry. It's his mark."

"What, Voldemort?" said Harry. "Those people tonight, in the masks, they're his too, aren't they? His followers?"

The rest nodded at him, but Beth seemed to be focused on either Barty Crouch or the Mark. She felt as if they were connected to each other, or at least the have some relation. Whatever it was, Beth had the strong need to find out. She's said she would never give in to her Inner Eye or whatever her grandmother told her, but curiosity took the better of her.

author's note:

thank you to everyone for actually reading this story to be honest, i actually almost completely forgot about it though.
you might notice that i added another family member to the Hallowell's. michael and beth's older sister, who now works at the ministry like their dad, margaret/maisie (played by the beautiful hayley atwell). i really hope you like this story though, and as always, please make sure to give opinions if you have any, i'm always open to feedback and or constructive criticism.

even though i'm on semi-hiatus, i see your vote, comment, adds, follows, etc. and I fully appreciate all of them, thank you so much! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3M 436K 149
❝ 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦. ❞ -𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘚𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 ↳ 𝗶�...
309K 7.5K 58
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮, 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚...
9.5K 922 30
༄𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨.༄*ೃ⋅°✧ © -angeliqslytherxn, 2020. may or may not be rewriting this story.
2.1K 189 5
Totally female, totally animal. ciearwaters © 2024