The Truth Is | Harry Styles

By x_emmaa_x

#TheRomanceAwards WINNER 2016. "May I touch your hair?" "Sure, go ahead." "Can I ask you one more thing?" "Y... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 2 - Pizza & A Movie, Anyone?
Chapter 3 - Just Shake It Off
Chapter 4 - The Mystery Of The Famous Fortune (pt.1)
Chapter 5 - The Mystery Of The Famous Fortune (pt.2)
Chapter 7 - So Wrong It's Right!
Chapter 8 - Oh Brother!
Chapter 9 - Welcome to New York
Chapter 10 - What A Fine Evening
Chapter 11 - Scary Talk
Chapter 12 - Eye Candy & Scented Sheets
Chapter 13 - Quite A Surprise
Chapter 14 - Just A Little Loopy, That's All.
Chapter 15 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 16 - Will It Ever Stop?
Chapter 17 - Come Back
Chapter 18 - Sparks Will Fly
Chapter 19 - The Perfect Storm
Chapter 20 - Offical ?
Chapter 21 - Bad Blood
Chapter 22 - Happy Never After
Chapter 23 - It's Okay
AUTHORS NOTE
Epilogue
Entertain Me
The Bad Boy's Charm

Chapter 6 - I've Been Drinking Too Much For Sure

194 14 3
By x_emmaa_x

Mia's eyes fluttered open to the vibration of her phone. She was sitting in Caroline's car with May asleep next to her. Her head throbbed terribly.

'Oh damn', she thought.

Quickly she reached for her phone in her pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" She questioned. "Mia, where are you?" It was Harry's voice on the other end of the line.

"I'm with a friend. Sorry I fell asleep at her place last night when I went to visit her. I'm sorry. But I'll be back soon. Bye." She said and quickly hung up the phone.

She looked out of the window of the car and saw she was still outside of the bar her and May went to after the Chinese restaurant.

May actually invited her to go. She said she hadn't seen Mia in forever and wanted to take her out for a while, so they both ended up getting drunk and falling asleep in Caroline's car.

"May." Mia said trying to shake May awake. May finally woke up after a few shakes and looked at Mia with sleepy eyes.

"Crap. My head hurts like hell," She said as she sat up properly in the drivers seat. She pushed her hair to the back and then sighed. "I'm going to be in a lot of trouble. My mother is going to kill me."

Mia yawned. "Well you shouldn't have gone drinking, anyway. You're underage," She said. "You actually shouldn't have suggested we go to a bar. A spa would've been better."

"Firstly, I look old for my age. And secondly, I didn't have money for a spa. A few drinks yes, a spa no," May said and looked at Mia. "By the way, one of your contacts is missing."

Mia pulled down one of the car mirrors and looked at herself. May was right, one of her eyes was green and the other was brown.

"Oh shit, I can't go home like this. Anne is going to kill me then Harry is going to kill me, and then I'm going to die," She said, exaggerating.

May laughed. "Wouldn't you already be dead when Anne kills you?" She questioned.

Mia looked at her seriously. "This is not time to play around. I need to go to the mall and by contacts," She said.

May shook her head. "It doesn't work like that, you know. It takes a few days or you need to go for an eye test." She said.

Mia sighed. "I don't have time for a few days and I can't go for an eye test because there's nothing wrong with my eyes."

May put her hand on Mia's shoulder. "Why don't we just go to the mall and order it and you can stay over at my house while we wait," She suggested.

Mia shook her head. "I have a better idea. How about we go to your house, get your clothes, then go to my apartment and get cleaned up. Then we can go to the mall and order the contacts while we wait for them we can stay at my house. Just so you know, there's a reason I got my own apartment. It wasn't because I wanted to come back and see Caroline," She said.

May nodded. "I do like your plan better. My mother has probably gone to work now. She must've got the bus or something. The kids are most likely at school so we can quickly go home before they come back," May said.

Mia nodded. "Okay, let's go," She said as May started the car and drove off to Caroline's apartment.

Mia quickly sent a message to Anne and then to Harry. She informed Anne about the situation of going out with May and loosing her contact and about her staying at her apartment for the time being.

She then told Harry she's over at a friend's house and the friend asked her to stay over longer because they hadn't seen each other in such a long time.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Harry felt a whole lot better today when he woke up. But when he saw Mia wasn't home he thought of the worst-case scenarios.

He quickly phoned her, after a three times she picked up and explained that she had stayed over at a friends and then she hung up all of a sudden.

Something about her hushed voice told him she didn't want to wake anyone up, so again he thought of the worst.

He felt a shot of jealousy when he thought about that, but then he reminded himself that she's just his sister and it could never be anything more. The thought of that for Harry made him feel even sicker.

About 10/20 minutes later, Mia sent him a text message saying that she'll be staying with her friend even longer.

That made Harry even more suspicious than he already was. He wanted to talk to Mia and ask her who the friend was but he didn't know how she'd react and he didn't want her to form a bad impression of him.

"Morning Harry. Where are you off to?" Anne asked as Harry stepped in the lounge. She was under a blanket cuddling with Robin while watching TV. The both of them were still in their pyjamas.

Harry didn't blame them though because it was a freezing cold day. Which was the reason why he was in jeans and a medium trench coat.

"I'm going out. I don't really know where yet." He said. Anne nodded. "I see you're already lost without Mia," She laughed.

'You have no idea', Harry wanted to say but he just shrugged and laughed. "Yeah. We were supposed to go to Alton Towers today. But I guess she has plans with someone else," He said.

"Oh right. Mia said she was with a friend. I'm sure she's really sorry she couldn't make it but she has only been out with you and the boys. She really does need some time to spend with her own friends," Anne said.

Harry nodded and took his phone out from his pocket. He then held the object out in front of him. "I know, she told me," He said and put his phone back into his jeans pocket.

Anne nodded. "Well enjoy yourself. And don't stay out too late because you're still sick and it's cold outside," She said.

"Alright," Harry said and walked to the front door exiting the house. He walked towards his car and sat inside.

He wondered if he could text Mia and ask her if he could hang out with her today. He knew he should give her some space, but he has gotten so used to her being around all the time and he wouldn't mind spending more time with her.

He hit his head on the steering wheel. "She's related to you, Harry," He said to himself. "But she doesn't feel like my real sister," He argued back.

With a sigh Harry lifted his head from the steering wheel and took his phone from his pocket. He then searched the names until he came across one he hadn't called in a long time.

He dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" There was a deep voice on the other end of the line with an Australian accent.

"Hi Michael. How are you?" Harry asked. Michael chuckled on the other end. "I'm good thanks and yourself?" He asked. "Well." Harry replied.

"That's good. So why'd you call?" Michael questioned. "Just to talk," Harry said. Michael laughed again. "That's nice of you. I'm sorry Harry but the boys and I are in the studio at the moment, can we talk when I get home?" He asked.

"Sure," Harry said. "Thanks mate" replied Michael and hung up.

Harry hit his head on the steering wheel for the second time that morning, this time he caused the horn to go off. He quickly pulled back and hoped his mother wouldn't come out.

He completely forgot that Michael and the other boys from 5 Seconds of Summer were at home, in Australia right now.

He then dialed someone else's number and put the phone back to his ear. "Hello?" The British voice from the other line answered.

"Hey Sheeran. I was just wondering if you were in the UK?" Harry asked. Ed laughed, "Yeah, I'm in London actually, why?" He questioned.

I was wondering if you'd want to hang out?" Harry said. "Alright. Sure then," Ed said.

"See you in a while. Where are you?" Harry questioned. "The Ivy," Ed replied. "Alright I'll see you there." Harry said and hung up.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After going to Caroline's house to get May's things, May parked the car in one of the open parking spaces outside of Mia's apartment.

They got out of the car and walked towards Mia's apartment but someone stopped them.

"Mia! May!" A girl shouted around Mia's age ran towards them both and engulfed them in a hug. "I really thought I wouldn't be seeing you again," The girl said.

When the girl pulled out of the hug Mia recognized her as one of the people who lived in one of the apartments next to hers.

"Kate?" Mia questioned. "How are you?" Kate shook her head. "I feel like shit thanks for asking. I think I over drank last night," She said.

Mia and May looked at her confused. "So do we," May said gripping her jacket for more warmth.

"Of course you guys would feel worse than I do. You drank a lot!" Kate said. May looked at her suspiciously. "How do you know about what we did last night? I don't even know you," She said.

"Don't you guys remember? I was with the both of you last night," Kate said whilst rubbing her head awkwardly.

"We don't remember much from last night, Kate," Mia said. Kate frowned a bit. "Oh, I'm sorry. I wouldn't expect you guys to remember much anyway. But do you seriously not remember that I was there?" Kate questioned in disbelief.

Mia and May both shook their heads, "We're sorry," Mia answered.

Kate looked at Mia and put her arm on her shoulder. "But you asked me for relationship advice. And well since you don't remember it, let me just tell you what I told you last night," Kate said. "Just tell him how you feel I'm sure he likes you just as much as you like him. And don't worry about what all those other people say. All that matters is how you feel."

Mia looked at Kate surprised. She felt confusion build up in her body.

"I'm sorry. I don't need any relationship advice. I'm not even interested in anyone at the moment," She said.

Kate shook her head. "Well yesterday you told me about how you liked this guy you know you can't have because you're scared of the way people will see you. You also told me that he doesn't even like you back and you're just wasting your time on him and when I asked you why, you said that it was too complicated to explain. You said that he was like your work colleague," She explained.

May assumed that it was Harry and she laughed slightly to herself but Mia stood frozen in perplexity. A while after it slowly processed, Mia remembered pushing May in the corner of the bar and his name slipping off her tongue. It was Harry.

"I'm sorry Kate. I'm not feeling too well right now and I have to go somewhere a bit later. I'll talk to you some other time though," Mia said and grabbed May's hand forcefully pulling her into her apartment.

She really hoped May didn't remember anything from last night or she'd probably die of embarrassment on the spot.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So what brings you here?" Ed questioned as his and Harry's food arrived. Harry could tell him about Mia but he didn't know if he should. You just don't go around telling people the things you want to do to your sister aren't brotherly at all.

"I haven't seen you in such a long time and I was wondering how you were," Harry said and Ed chuckled lightly.

"Did you miss me, Har?" Ed questioned and Harry smiled slightly. "Would it be bad if I said no?" He said amusingly.

Ed nodded. "It wouldn't be a terrible thing to say," He said. "Well then I'll have you know that I couldn't stop thinking about you. And every time I tried thinking about something else your picture finds itself in my brain again," Harry said.

Ed laughed a little. "Ahhh, so you came here to confess your undying love for me? I'm really sorry Harry but I think it's better that the both of us stay friends. It clearly isn't you it's me," He said which caused Harry to laugh.

"I always knew Little Things was about me," Harry joked. "Looks like the secret is out the bag. You're a very smart lad, Harry," Ed said and they both chuckled.

"No seriously though. It's good to see you again," Harry added taking a bite of his food.

"You too my friend," Ed said. "What have you been doing since tour ended? I heard about Gemma and your new sister Mia."

"She's not my 'new' sister. She always been my sister, it's just I didn't know she existed until recently," Harry said. "And we were at the studio, you know, writing songs and stuff."

Ed could sense that Harry didn't want to talk about Gemma so he mentally took down a note reminding himself not to bring her up again.

"So how's the new album coming along?" Ed asked. "It's going good. There's just a few more songs we're planning to write for it," Harry said.

"Of course. Everyone goes crazy over all the songs you write, so I don't think there's a question about it," Harry said and Ed smiled.

Harry and Ed spent the rest of the day catching up. They also talked about a whole bunch of other things and Harry completely forgot to be worried about who Mia is probably with. The rest of his day was great, it was exactly the reason he wanted to go out today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...