Caught In The Middle

By SanC-Rylie

This is the continuation of Book 1 Daddy's Little Assassin. So before you even proceed to read this book plea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Please Read- Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Important Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
The Cast
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Book 3
Newest Mafia Novel
New Story Alert 🚨

Chapter 64

56.9K 1.9K 91
By SanC-Rylie

"I still don't understand why Gio has to ship me off to you" Emilia huffed as we drove to my house. "I'm not some pet you guys can just take turn shipping back and forth you know".

"I know and trust me I'm not happy about this either OK, but your brother thinks you need someone to watch you and he cant" I said to her.

"Watch me!? He's just like Dad. I don't need anyone to watch me, I'm not a baby" Emilia replied. "I was able to get here on my own, a little trust would be nice"

"You're right you should tell that to him" I replied.

"It doesn't makes any sense. That is exactly why I came here because I needed a break from all the babysitting, yet I still get one here. They treat me like a kid" Emilia huffed putting her feet up on my dashboard. "I'm eighteen not eight".

"Hey, feet off" I said pulling them down. "Maybe if you didn't act like a kid at times you wouldn't get treated like one".

"I do not act like a kid" Emilia said offended.

"Right" I said sarcastically. "Maybe, when you show them that you're capable of not doing anything stupid and can look out for yourself then you'd stop getting stuck with 'babysitters'.

"You live here?" Emilia asked once I was opening the front door of the house.

"No, I'm breaking in. That's why I have a key and access to the garage" I said to her.

"Whatever" Emilia said rolling her eyes. "Who else lives here?"

"You'll see" I said to her. "By the way, when you do get introduced, let me do the talking and don't say anything you shouldn't".

"How do I know what I should or shouldn't say?" Emilia smirk.

"Then don't talk" I said to her. "Come on".

"Hey guys" I said as I walked into the living with Emilia following me.

"Hey sweetie, you missed dinner" mom said to me.

"Sorry, I'm late. Got a bit caught up" I replied.

"Whose this?" Dad asked looking at Emilia then back to me.

"This is Emilia, she's gonna be staying here with me for a few days hope you guys don't mind" I said to them. "Emilia, these are my parents, Katherine and Alphonso Luciano".

"Its nice meeting you Mr and Mrs Luciano" Emilia smile at them.

I had to resist the urge I had to roll my eyes. She spoke to them so sweetly and innocent one would think she's an angel.

"No problem" Mom replied. "You're Italian?"

"Si" Emilia nodded.

"So is Alphonso here" Mom said putting her hand on Dad's arm.

"Really, I had no idea" Emilia smiled. "Lexi never told me..."

"Well you never asked and I didn't think it was important" I said cutting her off.

"So, Emilia do you have a surname? How did you meet Lexi here?" Dad asked looking at us suspiciously.

"Actually..." Emilia started.

"No she doesn't" I chuckled cutting her off. "Its just Emilia you know like 'Pink' or 'Neyo'. We have mutual friends. Anyway we're kinda tired and have to freshen up. Where is Kathleen by the way".

"She's upstairs" mom replied.

"Okay, great. Later guys" I smiled at them before pulling Emilia with me. "Come on Em"

"I'll see you around Mr and Mrs Luciano, nice meeting you again".

"You too" mom smiled.

"We'll talk again Emilia" Dad replied.

I could see the wheels turning in his head. He's smart and I'm pretty sure in due time if I'm not more careful dad's gonna figure out the connection with Emilia.

"Hey, what was that all about?" Emilia asked as we made our way up the stairs.

"Nothing" I replied. "Just don't feel like doing the long chatting with my parents.

"Hmm" Emilia murmured suspiciously.

"Let it go OK" I said to her.

"What? I didn't say anything" Emilia replied.

"You didn't have to" I replied.

"Who is this Kathleen anyway? Is she like your sister? Or a dog maybe" Emilia said mischievously.

"Don't" I said warningly. "She's a friend and my brother's girlfriend. You'll meet here soon enough"

"Your brother's girlfriend live with you guys? Does your brother live here too?"

"Yes she does and no he doesn't. Anyway this is it" I said opening my door.

"This is your room?" Emilia said putting down her bag and started looking around. "Its not what I expect".

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said folding my hands across my chest. "What did you expect?"

"You don't have to start acting defensive" Emilia said walking over to my wardrobe mirror. " What I meant is that its cool, mature".

"Oh, I was planning to give you your own room but Gio said not to let you out my sight so you're staying here with me" I said to her.

"Great, so you're gonna like watch me while I sleep?" Emilia said rolling her eyes.

"Do I look like a creep to you?" I asked talking off my jacket. "I have a life you know".

"Sure you do" Emilia said sarcastically before taking out her phone and started taking mirror selfies. "Because someone who has a life would willingly volunteer to babysit an adult"

"I didn't volunteer okay, Gio begged me and I just said yes" I said to her.

"Yeah because yes is the only word you can say to my brother right" Emilia said turning to raise her brows at me suggestively. "He's irresistible right? You just can't say no".

"Shut up" I said to her.

"The truth hurts" she chuckled. "Can we order pizza?"

"You ate before we got her and aren't you tired of pizza, its Italian food after all" I said to her.

"Just because I'm Italian doesn't mean I won't love pizza or be tired of it" Emilia said before posing in front the mirror and taking more selfies.

"Right" I said to her. "You know what, I'll be right back. You just stay there and practice your selfie game".

"She's your friend? How come I'm just hearing about her now?" Kathleen said to me. "She's clearly Italian, I didn't know you had much Italian friends?"

I was talking to her after I left Emilia in the room. I had just introduced them and told her that Emilia was just another friend but she knew it wasn't like that. Kathleen and I had gotten real code and she know a lot about me, including the fact that other than her and Leon I didn't have anyone else as this close friend.

"Of course I do" I said to her. "I even got Italian parents".

"Sure" Kathleen responded sarcastically.

"Alright fine, you can't say anything but she's Gio's sister" I said to her.

"What!? I didn't know.…..Oh my God Lexi, are you and Gio back together?" Kathleen asked shocked.

"What? No" I said trying to deny it.

"You totally are! That's why you had those birth control pills ain't it!?" Kathleen whisper yell.

"Yeah, we've kinda been seeing each other again for a while now" I admitted.

"If your Dad or Dominic ever finds out..."

"I know, all hell would break lose again. After everything that has happened I know" I said to her. "That is why I have to be keeping it a secret, I know I'm not supposed to be with Gio again after everything he's done and I'm supposed to hate him but I can't, I tried".

"I understand, but its all just so... I don't know" Kathleen said to me. "What if your parents find out? So how long is she here for?"

"I don't know, she just celebrated her 18th birthday a few days ago. She just came here to get a little break and also thinking about attending university here so I don't know. But Gio doesn't want here to be around him too much incase..."

"Enemies figure out she's his sister and target her like they did with you" Kathleen finished for me.

"Yeah" I nodded. "So Gio wants me to keep an eye on her, he doest even want some of his own guys know about her".

"So what are you gonna do? Take her to work with you everyday and state there. She's a young woman she's gonna find that boring plus she seems a bit of a handful" Kathleen said to me.

"I know, Gio suggest I have her work at the restaurant with me or something" I replied.

"Busting tables and taking orders? She's gonna love that" Kathleen said sarcastically.

"Yeah, that's why I was thinking she could actually assist me in the office" I said to her. "She better be up to it"

"Good luck with that big sis" Kathleen chuckled.

"I'm gonna need it" I sighed. "And Gio owes me big time"

"You know I'm happy you and Gio work things out" Kathleen said to me.

"Me too" I smiled. "You can't say anything yet OK,don't even let it slip"

"You have my word" Kathleen replied.
~|~

"I don't wanna do this anymore, I'm exhausted now. How do you do this everyday, its so boring" Emilia groaned flopping down on the sofa in my office.

"You barely even got anything much to do. And by the way, its your job. I am paying you to be my assistant" I said to her.

"I know, but its no fun plus I got my credit card and some cash I don't need to work" Emilia responded.

"You gotta learn to be independent, your dad pay for that card. And cash runs out, you need to be prepared for the working world" I said to her. "In regards to not having fun, how do you feel about busting tables then? Does that sound more like fun?"

"No way I'm not doing that" Emilia replied. "But doing this is just.....I had no idea handling a business would be this exhausting and boorringgg".

"What do you wanna do in the future?" I asked her.

"I don't know, I was planning to go ahead and major in business admin at university since its kinda like a family thing and all but seeing how it really is now, I'm not so sure" Emilia said. "Maybe I'll just turn a model".

"Yeah try that, I don't know how your father would feel about it but I'm sure Gio would have your head" I chuckled.

"I know right. He's so annoying, in fact they both are" Emilia replied sighing. "You have no idea how annoying and protective they can be. They just can't accept the fact that I'm growing up and going to want to do my own thing".

"Trust me, I know" I said to her. "I've been there, kinda still there".

"You're brother is overprotective too?" Emilia asked.

"Yeah and my Dad. But I get it they mean well and it's because they don't want anything to happen to me so you just have to try and see where your dad and Gio is coming from. Its their job to keep you safe" I said to her.

"So why is it that you don't want your family to know my last name? Is it something to do with Gio?" Emilia asked.

"What?" I asked shock.

"You obviously don't want them to know who I really am, I just can't help but thinking that it's because of Gio. I mean you don't speak of him around them, neither do you answer your phone around it makes me think that you don't want them to know you're dating Gio" Emilia said to me.

"How do you come up with all that?" I asked surprised.

"I'm also pretty observant. So why, why are you hiding it from them?" Emilia asked.

"My family and Gio haven't always seen eye to eye. Its just best if they don't know that we're together again, it makes things easier and less complication" I said to her.

"Again? Did you guys break up before?" Emilia asked.

"Yeah we dated for a while and then things didn't work out before so we broke up and now we're trying again without my family being aware so to avoid any possible conflicts that may arise between them, especially my brother and yours" I said to her.

"How long have you guys been together?" She asked.

"Well we were together for a couple months then broke up for a couple more months and started dating again last month" I replied. "But we've know each other over a year now".

"You know when I just met you, I honestly didn't think I'd like you but I've got to say, I think you're pretty cool and you and Gio look cute together"  Emilia said to me.

"Well thanks, I'm glad I met your approval" I chuckled. "But you just met me five days ago, I could still be a bitch".

"Yeah but so far, I don't really think so" Emilia replied.

"Okay" I smiled at her. "What do you say we head out for lunch and a brief shopping trip before heading back here?"

"That sounds like fun" Emilia smiled.

So its been three days now since Emilia has been staying with me. She's been coming to work with me since Tuesday where I try to keep her busy by being my assistant. So far I've learnt quite a few things about her, she was one of those girls that took a lot of selfies, always posting on instagram and snapchat and she talks a lot and asks a lot of questions. In addition to that, as much as she tend to come off as a bitchy teen most times, she can be quite sweet but also a handful, extremely feisty and 'mouthy'. It was hard to believe that she was the same girl I met a few days ago that had that rotten attitude and dissed my blouse. She had gotten along with Kathleen and mom and Dad so well, I was surprised. I was getting worried that Gio had stuck me with the spawn of Satan when he asked me to watch her but I've learned to handle her.

All it took was for me to snap at her once and told her straight forward that if she wanna be a bitch she can go ahead and be like that somewhere else but as long as she's stuck with me she's gonna act proper and not like a spoil brat because I'll kick her ass back to Gio, who'll ship her back home to Italy. Who knew that was all it takes to get her to start being civil towards me. I wasn't sure how Gio would feel about what I told his sister though.
Speaking of Gio, I haven't seen him since Monday even when he had dropped off Emilia at Lexi's. Today was Thursday and I was actually really missing him, it just felt like we haven't seen or spoken properly I'm years. I'm hoping that we could get to spend sometime together this weekend, although I don't know what we're gonna do with Emilia.

Don't worry guys, this is a double update so just move on along to chapter 65, But don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 9.4K 52
[✅ ⚠️]- Book 1️⃣ "I want to fuck you. Not kiss, fuck. So hard, your echoes would be louder than the noises from the party." ...
413K 20.1K 44
Book 4 of the Morelli Mafia Series. Please note you must read books 1,2,3 first. I was lost, believed I was abandoned. That couldn't further from th...
222K 5K 64
[COMPLETED] Book 2 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "It's you." ____________________________________________ Aud...
376K 9.2K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...