Uncontrollable (Punk Luke Hem...

By flyinghighiseasy

His touch set a fire within me- an uncontrollable need to get myself closer to him. But this was Luke- the Lu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 2

37.9K 706 474
By flyinghighiseasy

I couldn't decide whether to be happy or not about all three of them being in my next class, which happened to be a double period of history and English.

We had a sub today, who left us to our own devices, which Calum, Michael, and Ashton quickly took advantage of, sneaking out into the deserted hallway.

"I love it when this happens." Michael groan, sprawling himself out in the secluded niche we'd found to spend the rest of the day in, long legs going everywhere.

I sink down next to him, hugging my knees to my chest. "Does this happen a lot?"

Calum answers, laying down on the floor across from Michael and I, Ashton remaining standing and leaning against the wall.

"Oh yeah. Old man Trecker is gone all the time and they always give us the same sub who doesn't do much of anything."

I smile. "Lovely."

Michael, who's eyes have been closed, opens them slowly and stares at me. His eyes are actually prettier than any guy had a right to.

"So, Andy Clementine, why are you here in Syndey, Australia instead of the US?"

I roll my eyes. I really shouldn't open up to these boys. I've known them for an hour, but I can't help the words that come out of my mouth.

"I didn't move from the US. It was actually Ireland this time, the UK before that, Mexico before that, South Africa before that, Italy befo-"

Ashton cuts me off, gorgeous eyes wide. What was with this band and having perfect eyes?

"Why the hell do you move around so much? And you have an American accent." He looks confused. I don't blame him. I'm still a bit confused myself.

I shrug. "Born in the US, been moving around since I was 6. My dad is the head of International Affairs for some big company and I go where he goes."

They're all looking at me like I'm insane.

"That would suck. Is it just you and your dad?" Calum looks curious. Too curious.

Brushing it off, I turn to Michael. "What about you guys? Tell me about your life, about the band."

That distracts them, as I hoped it would, and they're off on a tangent about their first gig as a band and telling me everything there is to know about living in Australia. They're not shy- they say it how it is and don't sugarcoat, telling me every little detail and embarrassing moment.

And I love it. I've never really had that many friends, moving around so often, but for some reason, after almost 2 hours with these idiots, I feel closer to them than I have with anyone else in all my moves.

They're funny- I'm laughing to hard I'm afraid we're going to get caught, but they don't look concerned, bantering on as they usually do.

Such bromances.

Before I even realize it, the whole double period is over and the bell is ringing, letting us know the day is over.

They're on their feet already, and I quickly follow.

Michael throws his arm over my shoulder, which is awkward, considering the height difference. I'm only 5'3, something I never hear the end of. I quickly shrug it off, and his laugh rings out. I'm coming to realize I love his laugh.

"How're you getting home, Andy?" Ashton asks.

"Walking. I didn't feel like driving today." He smiles.

"Me neither. Where do you live?"

"Big house, top of the hill on Wesley Court. What about you guys?"

They're looking at me weird again.

"Really? You live on Wesley Court?" Calum asks, looking at me intently.

"Uh huh. What's the big deal?" They exchange smiles, and it's really starting to freak me out.

Ashton takes pity, ignoring Michael's awkward chuckling from next to me. "Luke lives up there too. That's where we're going later tonight. We have band practice."

I shake my head. "Your band member lives on my street? Really?"

Michael grins at me. "Really, c'mon, I'll walk you home. I'm going to Luke's early anyway, we were gonna work on a new song."

I'm glad I'm not walking alone, and after Ashton and Calum hug me and Michael goodbye (these people really move fast with the whole friendship thing) Michael and I start the trek up the hill, laughing and joking the whole time.

I've come to the conclusion I like these people. The more time I spend with them, the more I like them.

And it's freaking me out. I don't make friends easily, yet I've made three today. Three guys I'm pretty sure are going to be the kind of friends you tell everything. Still not sure if I'm okay with it yet, but as I voice these thoughts to Michael as we turn onto my street, he picks me up and starts laughing.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice. You've been initiated. You're one of us now." His response is dead serious as he finally puts me back on the ground.

I'm not sure how he knew this was my house, but we're now in front of it.

"This sounds interesting." I mutter, making my way to the door of the house I know will be perfectly decorated and completely impersonal.

Michael just smiles.

"We'll pick you up at 7:30 tomorrow morning. Be ready." With that, he's walking down the street and away from me, blonde hair shining in the sunlight.

The house is empty. Of course it is. This big house and it's only my dad and I. The decorator were here today, and everything is shiny and new, but completely lacking personality.

I sprint up the stairs to my room, the only room in the house I had a say in. The walls are a bright blue, the furniture black, with books, CDs, and music posters covering everything else. I got the best view though- the beach just barely to be seen through the copse of trees. My dad, in a rare act of consideration, had let me have the room since he would be gone most of the time for work.

I have no homework, so with nothing else to do, I go for a run, my other hobby besides music and reading.

Pulling on shorts, a sports bra, and a long sleeve top despite the heat and headphones, I'm heading out the door, desperate for the release.

Even if I have made friends in Ashton, Michael, and Calum, which is more than any other place I've lived has ever offered, I feel the weight hanging over my head, the scars burning. I need to do something, and that something is run.

The streets are empty, and I feel freer than I have in a long time, stretching my legs and feeling the pavement beneath my feet.

I'm too absorbed in my music to notice the flash of dirty blonde hair and blue eyes from the house at the end of the street.

My mistake.
------------

The next morning dawns bright and early, sun streaming through the gap in the black curtain. My clock reads 6:45 and I need to get up. According to Michael, the boys were picking me up at 7:30.

Quickly showering, I threw on dark grey skinny jeans, one of my favorite Pierce the Veil t-shirts, and converse. The majority of my wardrobe is band tees and dark jeans. I love it.

My hair was waving fast, a consequence of letting it air dry, and with no patience left for the long reddish brown strands, I threw a beanie on and hoped for the best.

Grabbing my bag and an apple, the sounds of a car horn blasting the air, I rushed outside to find Ashton behind the wheel of a small SUV, Calum waving at me from the passenger seat.

Smiling, I climbed in beside Michael, who holding coffee and looking grumpy.

"Not a morning person." He mumbled in response to my questioning look.

I nodded in understanding. Mornings were the bane of my existence. I'd definitely found my people.
-----------------
The week flew by. School days were always the same- Ash would pick me up, we'd all spend lunch talking generally causing havoc, and one of the boys always walked me home, already on their way to the mysterious Luke's house.

Turns out I loved these boys. Against instinct, I'd fallen seamlessly into their group in the last 5 days, and although I hated to call it this, I'm pretty sure we were best friends now.

But it was finally Friday, and all the boys had walked home with me today, stating that they were going to Luke's house for a last minute practice before the performance at the party tonight.

"You're still coming, right Andy?" Michael asks, pushing me with his hip. I punched his arm.

"Course. Tell me the address again, I'll meet you there?"

Calum rattles it off, and they all give me a hug before leaving to go find Luke, who I still haven't met.

Ashton hangs around for a moment after the other 2 leave.

"Andy, make sure you look hot tonight." He whispers, even though there is no one here to hear. Calum as Michael are long gone, their laughter barely audible from down the street.

I can't help it- I choke on my own spit. "Excuse me?"

Ash smiles, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "It's your first party here, just trust me, please?"

I stare at him. This isn't what I expected, and I'm not sure what exactly to do.

"We'll see." Is all I get out in my shock.

It's good enough for him though, and he's giving me a quick hug before sprinting after the other 2, leaving me to stare at his retreating back and wonder what the hell just happened.

But, as I go to get ready for the party, hours later, I hear Ashton's accent rattling around my head, telling me to trust him. I've gotten to know him well enough these last few days. This one time, I'll listen to him, even if I don't go the route he was probably intending.

Even though my sensible side is screaming at me not to do it, I pull out my favorite black skinny jeans, that are artfully ripped down the front, which fit like a second skin, and the black long sleeve crop top with the batman symbol across the chest, which shows just a few inches of smooth stomach skin above the waistband of my jeans.

Not high enough for my (secret) belly button ring to show, but short enough to keep it interesting. I pull on black converse, brush mascara and eyeliner on, more than I've worn to school so far, and made sure my already wavy hair wasn't terrible.

I know Ashton had meant a short dress and heels. But that wasn't me. This, in my opinion, was far sexier in its simplicity and mystery. For better or for worse, this is how I was going.

Grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys, I get in my vintage black charger, which had been hell to get here but I'd refused to come without.

By the time I pull up, I can hear the music blaring from the brightly lit house. Taking a deep breath, I get out and walk to the door.

*she's meeting Luke next chapter! It'll definitely be interesting.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 62 29
'No matter what, you always will be my angle, the light that saved me from the darkness.' ________________________ A Luke Hemmings FanFiction By: Ca...
3.6K 422 19
'They were warned not to fall in love. Falling in love in such an awful place was bound to lead to some kind of heartbreak.' Calum wakes up in a plac...
209K 10K 36
Luke Hemmings. Popular, pretty, smart, sweet..And on top of all of that.. A self-harming, suicidal, depressed, anorexic Nervous, scared, insecure. Ev...
1.2M 17.9K 79
[COMPLETED] Julia leaves her save hometown London for a new life in Sydney. She doesn't want to but her mom is getting a job there. She and her bro...