Yin and Yang | ✔

By peripxteia

One legend has been passed down the werewolf community since anyone can remember. The legend of the white an... More

Pre-warning
Prologue
Chapter One - Reunion
Chapter Two - The Race
Chapter Three - First Days
Chapter Four - Reactions
Chapter Five - Reruns
Chapter Six - Preparing
Chapter Seven - Evangeline
Chapter Eight - Libraries Are Great Places For Confessions
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

3.2K 62 4
By peripxteia

C H A P T E R T W E L V E

            Lila was stunned when she looked into the hairdresser's mirror. She wanted to say that she didn't recognise herself in the mirror, but she did. However, she could say that she felt beautiful, Hell, she even looked it! Her once white, wavy hair which fell to her waist now fell on her collarbones. They'd straightened it, and dyed the edges a very light blue. A massive grin appeared on Lila's face.

            “Missy! Thank you!” Lila turned to her best friend, who grinned back at her. Earlier, they'd dumped the boys when they went off to buy some clothes and go for the make over... although they hadn't bought any clothes just yet!

            “I thought it'd look amazing. I was right! What do you think though? Do you mind the blue?” Missy babbled and Lila kept grinning.

            “Yeah, I love it! Jay's going to be shocked, and the blue is amazing. I would never have had the guts to do this.” Lila and Missy bid the hairdresser's goodbye before walking down the busy street.

            “It goes well with the top, don't you think?” Missy laughed and Lila tutted. She wore a maroon oversized woolly jumper and the blue tips of her hair stood out even more. Lila chuckled.

            “Yeah, it does. Don't diss the jumper either. I'll have you know that I love this jumper.”

            “Even if it's starting to bobble?”

            “Duh.” Lila bumped her hips against Missy's, surprising Missy and making her stumble over. Lila burst into a full out laughter. “Your... your face!” Lila gasped, tears starting to form from laughing so hard.

            “You bitch!” Missy shouted at Lila. A frown forming on her face as she dusted herself off. “Right, let's go into this shop.”

            “Oasis? Really? You think they'll have any dresses?” Lila asked Missy, doubting her. It didn't look like there were going to be any worthwhile dresses in here.

            “Just wait and see, okay?”

            Five arguments later, ten clothes shops, five shoe shops, one Boots trip and a McDonalds, Missy and Lila returned home. They'd both found a new dress to wear for the party, some shoes to match and some new clothes. Lila sighed and threw the casual clothing on the rail in her wardrobe. She'd check them all out tomorrow. Right now, she had to let Missy do her make-up for the party. Apparently she was 'dressing to impress' and Lila knew who Missy meant – Logan. Lila didn't see why, surely he would be happy if she dressed herself comfortably? Lila groaned, she had no idea about parties or anything. Sure, she'd attended some in boarding school and maybe she'd gone on one or two dates before the whole fiasco occurred but she never really saw why she'd needed to go to extreme lengths just to impress someone. It didn't make sense to her.

            “I haven't seen Jay yet. Did you see Jace or any of the guys?” Lila asked, they'd gotten into the house and Mamaw was absent again and none of the guys were back.

            “Jace text me, they'll meet us at the party.” Lila raised her eyes. She didn't believe Missy. Jace may not have seemed it but she was sure he was possessive. Pretty much every werewolf male was possessive of their mates, or of any of the females in their packs.

            “Really?”

            “Yeah... Oh, right, I told them we were going with some other people.” Missy waved her hands at Lila.

            “Right, I'm sure he believed you.” Lila told Missy, skeptically.

            “After some persuasion he did.” Missy glanced at Lila. “Come on, get your dress on. We've only got another hour to get ready!” Missy freaked out. Lila smirked, she was pretty pro at getting ready quickly. She didn't like to do her make-up and clothing slow. It was probably why she slept in in the mornings, she didn't take years to do her make up or hair... or even clothes. She took out the dress from the bag and spread it out on her bed. The reason why she liked the dress so much was because it was simple. No glitter, no sequins, no big fancy cuffs or shoulder padding and there was no extravagant design. It was a simple dress but the only problem was that it was extremely short.

            “Are you sure it'll look okay? I shouldn't wear any shorts underneath it?” Lila asked Missy, biting her lip.

            “No, it'll be fine.” Missy waved off Lila before returning to her own dress.

            Lila pulled it on and looked at herself in the mirror. The dress was plain black and clung to her body in all the right places, showing her hourglass silhouette. The straps fit comfortably on her shoulders and the small knot on the front of the dress (over her chest area) enhanced the size of her breasts. She gave a small twirl to turn herself round to see the back of the dress. She smiled when the dress didn't show her butt cheeks and wasn't actually too short. She started to sway her hips to check that the dress wouldn't ride up too far or be uncomfortable. Luckily the dress didn't ride up and it fit her well.

            “Voila!” Lila exclaimed holding her arms up and twirling around to show Missy.

            “Oh my gosh! Li! You look amazing!” Missy gushed before running to get their shoes. Missy handed Lila some strappy, high heeled shoes. They had straps which overlapped on the front of her foot, were open toed and zipped up at the back. They were black and matched the dress. When Lila put them on, she noticed that her height had increased and she actually looked quite tall.

            “How high are these heels?!” Lila exclaimed when she looked in the mirror and saw how tall they made her.

            “Four inches.” Missy said before strapping on her own shoes. Unlike Lila, Missy went all out. She wore a white, glittery dress (it was also filled with sequins, there was no area which didn't have a single sequin) which barely fit over her bum. Her shoes were a bright gold and were an inch higher than Lila's, making Missy's five-foot-three height into a five-foot-eight height whereas Lila was only five-foot-four in her monster heels, which Missy had bought for her. “Alright! Make-up time!” Missy squealed and Lila almost let out a groan.

~ * ~

            “I've got the mo-o-o-oves like Jagger!” Evangeline sung in Lila's head. Lila took another gulp of her punch and scrunched up her nose. She hated this stuff, how some people could just gulp it down; she had no idea. Bopping her hips to the music Lila hummed, joining in with Evangeline singing in her head.

            When Missy and Lila first walked into the house, everyone stared at them and it made Lila feel nervous. Although the staring stopped when Jace and Blake strolled up to them and growled at everyone. Blake had taken Lila's hand and walked down into the seating area where Daniel, Justin, Luke and a few others were sat. Lila had left when everyone started to talk about basketball and Missy and Jace started have sex with each other on the couch.

            That was how she ended up drinking cups of punch and watching everyone else dance. She couldn't see Logan and she wondered where he was.

            You like to drink... So do we! Got my bottles, bring 'em to me. Hold your glasses up people everywhere. Now everybody put your hands up in the air... Yeah, yeah, yeah! Lila sang in her head, following Chris Brown's singing on the speakers. She started to feel buzzed and she was really enjoying the feeling. Taking one last swig of the alcohol... or whatever she seemed to be drinking, she strutted over to the dance floor and danced amongst the crowd of grinding people. She couldn't tell who was who or who was dancing with her but Lila just enjoyed it. She let herself go.

            “Hello there.” A deep voice greeted her from the front and Lila sent him an Oscar-winning smile.

            “Hello there.” She slurred and winked, hooking her arms around his neck. They grinded against each other until the mysterious boy whispered a dare in her ear.

            “I bet you can't do it!” He chuckled, and Lila smirked.

            “Oh-ho. I bet you, sonny boy, I can!” Lila had no idea what came over her. She was dancing with some random boy, she was pretty sure she was almost wasted or was wasted and now she was going to do a dare from someone she didn't even know! Lila ignored the protests of Evangeline in her head, Lila couldn't comprehend what she was saying.

            Dancing over to the dining table with Mystery Boy behind her, she tried to climb onto it but managed to fall, giggling.

            “Here.” Mystery Boy hoisted her up onto the table and she stood up, shakily. It took her a few seconds before she got control over her legs, how she did it with four inch heels, she'll never know. As the song changed to Shakira's 'Hips Don't Lie' Lila squealed and started to swing her hips round, bending down and straightening up. She also started to somehow grind against an invisible pole, and acted like she was doing a strip-tease. She'd gathered the attention of quite a few of the male werewolves and maybe one or two humans but Lila didn't care. At this point the alcohol had definitely gotten into her blood stream. She didn't even know what she was doing. It didn't even occur to her that she had started to pull down the dress, she had revealed her bra before she was pulled down and thrown on someone's shoulder.

            “Hey! You... you can't do this! This is... kidnapping!” Lila managed to get out after being bumped on the shoulder several times. She recognised the tingles but couldn't quite remember why she recognised them.

            “It's not kidnapping, Lila.” Lila's eyes popped out as she remembered who it was. Logan. With that deep, melodic voice.

            “Put me down!” She whined and started to wiggle out of his tight grip, which of course did not work. She felt a cold breeze slap against her bare legs and Logan carried her out onto the back porch. She felt herself slide down Logan's hard body as he stood her on her own two feet.

            Unfortunately for Lila she drank a little too much and because of the freezing temperature her surroundings started to blur and spin. She thought she was being turned upside down and due to her heightened vision being messed up, she started to sway from side to side and as a result her feet started to move to steady herself. Instead, she managed to fall to the side, squeaking as she fell.

            “Alright, Lila, I don't think you should drink any more.” Logan told Lila with concern but Lila was too off her head to care.

            “Really? Because I think I should!” Lila's voice started to heighten and her pitch went very high. Like she was on helium.

            “Have you seen yourself? You can't stand up and your voice... well, it's high pitched.” Logan started to chuckle and Lila frowned.

            “No, it's not! My voice is per...perfec... perfectiblybly fine!” She slurred and frowned at herself. Her sentence didn't sound quite right... maybe she forgot a word?

            “That and you were grinding with some other guy and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do that if you were even slightly drunk.”

            “How would you know?” Lila pointed a finger at Logan. “I have only been here a... a...” Lila stopped to think for a moment. “A week! And I've only been texting you for three-e-e-e-e days.” Lila didn't really comprehend what she was saying. She started to talk about completely random things. “And you know, I really don't know you either. I don't even know why Justin doesn't like you. I mean Justin likes everyone! He used to have this teddy called... called Catt and then once when he lost it he cried for days! I mean days! And he still liked that kid who lost the teddy! You know I don't have a teddy!” Lila had to stop so that she could breathe as she'd said it all in one go.

            “Hey! It's that girl who was dancing!” Lila turned sharply as she heard the voices but stumbled again as she lost her balance. Those shoes really weren't helping.

            “Hey guys!” She squealed as she saw two guys she didn't recognise waltz over to her. They both weren't that tall, well not as tall as Logan. They were around five-foot-seven, and wearing just jeans, showing the elastic of their boxers. They seemed to have muscles but Lila couldn't count their pacs as they kept spinning.

            “Here, have some of this. You might enjoy it.” A copper haired boy handed the drink over to Lila who gladly took it. She had a swig before it was ripped away from her. She glanced around before seeing Logan holding the bottle and gingerly putting it down on the porch balcony.

            “I was drinking that!” She complained, narrowing her eyes at Logan.

            “You don't even know what was in it.” Logan told Lila before prying his eyes away from her body and glaring at the two boys who were checking her out. “Can I help you?” He snarled, and Lila noticed that he hated the attention any guys gave her. Especially when she was in this condition.

            “Yeah, we wanted to take the pretty girl for a dance.” The blonde haired boy smirked before holding out his hand for Lila to take. Logan growled viciously at the boys who just raised their eyes.

            “All we want is one dance, mate. No need to get all moody.” They told Logan.

            “No.” He barked out the one word, which was laced with venom and pressed Lila into his side, wrapping an arm around her waist. Lila had to hold onto his shoulder with both her hands because her shoes seemed to be wanting her to fall over.

            “She's a single girl. There's no harm in her-” The copper haired boy started before he was sharply interrupted by Logan.

            “Actually, she's my girlfriend so I suggest you back off.” Logan snarled out, Lila looked at his face and realised she was feeling slightly turned on by Logan being angry.

            “Alright, mate, no harm done!” The two boys backed off and swiftly left Logan and Lila by themselves on the back porch, alone.

            Logan turned his body, and Lila's so that their fronts were touching each other. Lila slithered her arms up and around Logan's neck, stepping on her tip-toes. She still couldn't reach Logan's height with four inch heels! She started to kiss his neck lightly, after he bent down so her arms wrapped around his neck comfortably, and whispered (or tried to whisper) seductively into his ear. “You know, I'm kinda turned on.”

~ * ~

            Lila woke up in the morning and groaned. Her head was in excruciating pain. She snuggled into what her pillow, which was really warm and comfortable... Lila normally hated sleeping on a warm pillow, she preferred it when the pillow was chilled. She popped open her eyes when she realised her pillow was actually a guy's body because she felt his chest and he shivered.

            She screamed as she fell back, dragging the sheet with her. She landed on the floor with a loud thump and checked under the covers to see that she only had her pants on.

            “Oh no, no, no, no, no!” She whispered, horrified with herself. She hadn't realised how drunk she'd gotten. Now she'd slept or done something with a guy? How was she going to explain this to Logan! She looked around the room and noticed that her clothes were thrown everywhere and that her bra was hanging off the lamp shade on the desk. She heard movement on the bed and just as she was about to scream, Logan's head popped over the side of the bed.

            “Morning.” He smiled before laughing at Lila on the floor, wrapped in the sheet.

            “Not so loud, please.” She cringed before asking Logan what had actually happened.

            “Oh, well, you did a strip-tease, apparently because some random person you danced with asked you too, told me off, babbled on about Justin's teddy, oh what else, you told me you were turned on when I was angry...” Logan thought about what had actually happened and Lila felt her whole face turn crimson.

            “No... Oh my God. I didn't do that... did I?” Lila had pretty much no recollection of the night. Nothing.

            “That's not even the worst!” Logan told Lila as he helped pull her back onto the bed. Lila clutched the sheet tighter to her body. Logan manoeuvred Lila so that she was sat on his lap. “No point in hiding your body, I saw it all of it, well most of it, last night.” Lila groaned before hiding her face in the crook of Logan's shoulder.

            “What did I do?” She asked, her voice muffled by Logan's body.

            “After I refused to make out with you, which I deserve some credit for because you were pretty determined, I brought you up to my room so that you could sleep it off and you did a strip tease. And I was in shock until you took off your bra and flung it away. I think I promised you something before I managed to get you into bed... to sleep.” Logan laughed as when Lila resurfaced from hiding in Logan's shoulder, her face looked ruby red.

            “I can't believe... I'm never going to live this down!” Lila cried, before cringing. “Wait, you didn't want to make out with me?” She asked, upset. What was the use in a mate who didn't like kissing their other half?

            “No, no I did. I just didn't think you'd appreciate it if I let you have your first kiss whilst you were pretty much paralytic.” Logan chuckled and Lila sighed in relief.

            “Thanks.” She smiled. She and Logan stared at each other, getting themselves lost in each others eyes, subconsciously leaning towards each other. It wasn't until their foreheads were touching that they realised what they were doing.

            “Can I?” Logan whispered, his voice husky. Lila just nodded.

            In the few seconds that it took for Logan's lips to reach Lila's, her heart was beating erratically. When they finally did meet, it was like electricity coursed through both of them. Lila felt pure bliss whilst their lips moved in synch with each other. They lost track of time before Lila finally pulled away.

            “Wow.” Lila said breathlessly, and it was like her hangover disappeared.

            “Good?” Logan chuckled and Lila shook her head.

            “No, I think you should practice some more.” She giggled before pressing her lips back onto Logan's and that was how they spent their morning, hidden in Logan's room.

------------------------------------------------------

Image of Lila's outfit on the side! :)

Just wanted to apologise for the previous chapter and I hope this one makes up for it! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 60.5K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...
600 23 5
Amelia has spent her whole life teetering on the edge of accepting her fate and running from it. It's been two years since the death of her twin Damo...
866K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...
10.2K 400 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...