Mending Our Love

By bubblygal

He held the bloodline of the Beta and the Beast. She held the bloodline of the Gamma. They were destined to b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Korbin
Chapter 2 - Kylie
Chapter 3 - Korbin
Chapter 4 - Kylie
Chapter 5 - Korbin
Chapter 6 - Kylie
Chapter 7 - Korbin
Chapter 8 - Kylie
Chapter 9 - Korbin
Chapter 10 - Kylie
Chapter 11 - Korbin
Chapter 12 - Kylie
Chapter 13 - Korbin
Chapter 14 - Kylie
Chapter 15 - Kylie
Chapter 16 - Korbin
Epilogue - Korbin
The Legend of the Beast
The Ceremony
I'm Coming For You *Brayden Special

Chapter 17 - Kylie

5.4K 199 6
By bubblygal

Chapter Seventeen – Kylie

*Kylie's POV*

I sat at the edge of his bed and focused my attention on his sleeping face.

"Kylie, you need to rest." Mum said as she walked into Korbin's room.

I shook my head slightly and my eyes never left him. "I want to be here with him."

"It has been two days, Kylie. You have not been resting ever since that day." Mum said worriedly.

"I want to be here when he wakes up, Mum." I tilted my head to the side and faced my mum. "I will not be able to sleep either. I'm worried about Korbin, Mum. He is not waking up."

"He will be fine, Kylie." Mum assured.

"Mum. Mum." My head snapped towards him the moment I heard sounds coming out from him.

"Korbin?" I called out to him. His face was twisted with pain as he called for Auntoe Hailey.

"Korbin. Korbin." I called his name numerous times and tried to wake him up.

"Mum! Mum!" Korbin yelled out loud and started thrashing around.

"Korbin!" I shook his body urgently and hoped he would just open his eyes.

He stretched out his hands suddenly and wrapped them around my neck. Realisation dawned on me.

"Korbin, it's me. Kylie." I said quickly as I felt his hands tightening around my neck.

"Kylie!!" My mum dashed up to us. She held Korbin's arms and tried to help me to break free from his grip.

'It's ok, mum. I got this.' I mind-linked her. I had decided not to be afraid this time. I would not run and hide again.

'Korbin, it's me. Don't be afraid. I'm here with you.' I cooed through the mate link. 'Kylie is here with you.'

I could feel his grip loosened as I continued saying comforting words to him through the mate link. Our mate link was stronger than others because I marked him too. It was rare for females to mark males. It had never happened before. That was the first.

'I'm here.' That was the last thing I said before I saw his eyes snapped opened. His eyes swirled between blue and red, and settled for blue. Korbin sat up and looked between me and mum. Pain and guilt were flashing across his eyes. He shifted himself backwards till he his back hit the headboard and looked away.

"Korbin..." I said as I moved nearer to him.

"No. Don't." He croaked. He lifted up his head slowly and his eyes met mine. Right now, at this moment, the person in front of me wasn't the cold and distance Korbin. Instead, he was just a little boy who needed comfort and love. I moved towards him slowly and when he was within reach, I wrapped my arms around his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'll never leave you again. I promise."

He rested his head on my stomach and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt his shoulders trembled as he sobbed slightly. I leaned closer to him and hugged him tightly in my arms.

"I love you."

.

.

.

.

.

Korbin and I were standing in front of Auntie Hailey's and Uncle Brayden's room. I held his hand and gave it a squeezed. He looked at me and I gave him an encouraging smile. I lifted my hand and knocked on the door. I nodded at Korbin and signaled him to turn the door knob.

Pushing the door open, the both of us walked in. As we walked deeper into the room, we saw Uncle Brayden sitting by the bedside and Auntie Hailey was lying on the bed.

She turned her head to the side slowly and gave a gentle smile as she saw us.

"Mum." Korbin called out to her and kneeled at her side while holding onto her hand.

"I miss you." She said as she reached out for his face and stroked it gently.

"Mum, are you ok? What did he do to you? You are healing right?" Korbin asked worriedly.

Auntie Hailey gave him a smile and replied softly, "I'm fine. Don't you worry."

"But... you... I... something doesn't feel right." Korbin said. He looked between his parents but neither of them said anything.

"You are hiding something from me." Korbin claimed. He then turned to look at me and hope to get some answers from me. I walked up to him, and hugged him from behind. Tears fell uncontrollably.

"Tell me. Anyone. Just tell me what is going on." Korbin said desperately.

"Korbin, promise me something." Auntie Hailey requested.

"Anything for you, Mum."

Auntie Hailey reached out for my hand and placed it over Korbin's. "Promise me that the both of you will love each other, care for each other and always be happy."

"Mum, I..." She didn't allow Korbin to continue my sentence as she cut him off.

"Korbin, don't do anything that will make you regret. Letting her go will make you regret." Mum said softly.

Korbin took a sideway glance at me. A slip of tear silently escaped from his eye. "I promise you." He said softly.

"That's my boy." She cheered as she slowly sat up from the bed.

She stretched her arms out and faced Korbin's direction, "Come. Let mama hug you."

He immediately went into her arms and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you, Mum."

"And I love you too. Always. Don't ever forget that."

.

.

.

.

I walked behind Korbin as he strolled along the river bank. None of us spoke since we came out of the house. I knew he needed time. We needed time.

"Tell me." He came to a halt and said with his back facing me. "Tell me the truth. And I only want the truth."

"Korbin..."

He turned around swiftly and stared at me pleadingly. "I need to know. I want to know. Don't hide anything from me. Just tell me."

I looked at him with a pair of sad eyes. The truth always hurt. But we needed the truth in order to be stronger.

"Auntie Hailey... She..." I took in deep breathes before continuing,

"She is aging."

We all aged. Werewolves grew old. But we aged slower than humans. We could live up to a few hundreds of years and even more. For humans, the average lifespan is around 70 to 80 years old. The chemical had caused a mutation in her genes. She was slowly losing her werewolf strength, her ability to heal fast and her blood was no longer a cure. She was aging at the same speed as humans or maybe even faster. No one had a definite answer to that. Her wolf was weakened and she couldn't shift anymore. Although the mate bond was there, it wasn't as strong as before.

Korbin stood rooted to the ground, staring blankly at me. Tears escaped from his eyes as he remained at the same posture. Without waiting for another minute, I brought myself to him and wrapped my arms tightly around him.

I could feel his pain and sadness through the mate bond. Tears formed in my eyes and it was blurring my vision. I knew he wouldn't cry out loud hence I did it on his behalf. I tightened my hold around him as I buried my face into his chest.

All of your pain and sadness I will bear it with you, Korbin.

My tears dampened his shirt as I cried. I could feel his arms wrapped around my waist and he held us closer.

No matter what happens, I will never leave again. We will always be together.

We will cure each other's pain...

...with our love.

================================================================

Please don't kill me!!! *runs*

Probably some may want to chop me as I created this plot twist.

In addition, next chapter will be the last chapter!

But no worries, I have some short scenes coming up right after the last chapter!!! *cheers*

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

11 June 2016

Last edited 18 June 2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 17.4K 20
This is the sequel to Sold To My Werewolf Mate!!!*** Brinley is the first female Alpha in her region. She is going to be tested to her limits. With t...
5.5K 463 32
DARKNESS, the second instalment in the Marked Series. Won first place in the SNOWFLAKE AWARDS Werewolf category! UNDISCOVERED WOLVES Book of the Mont...
112K 2.6K 30
After trying to survive through endless bullying and taunts, Mona decides to end it all. On one cold winter night, she travels deep into the woods, i...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...