A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
29: Whole At Last
30: Loose Ends
31: The Old and the New

26: Not the Time to play Hero

251 8 4
By MajesticTeagle

Kid's P.O.V:

Just as Connor and Sam said. On the dot, Rowena, posing as Hannah, came home. 

"Have you got a plan?" Liz questions. 

"Not at all," I reply honestly. It's not my usual tactic. I always have a plan, but as of now I have nothing. My best chance is to just catch her off guard and pray to death that she won't kill me or figure out that I know. For this situation, we're just going to wing it.

"Play it smooth, okay? Wait until we have an opening." I tell them. I instruct them to stay in weapon form no matter what happens. If I die, I die. The last thing I want is for the two girls who make me feel at ease to get killed because of my recklessness. It'll be safer for them. no way am I letting them die on my watch.

I descend from the second floor with caution. I have to remember that she's a Grand witch. Stronger than Medusa, stronger than Arachne. She's a completely new foe. I'm not even sure that what me, Liz and Patty can do will be enough to defeat her. In that case, we're going to die, no doubt. We don't stand a chance, but miracles can happen. I just hope that one will somehow show up.

"Kid? Are you home, sweetie?" She calls out from the lounge. I used to think that it was my dear Hannah, but hearing that daughter-of-a witch say it sends a shiver down my spine. 

"Talk about sick love." Liz mumbles.

"Hush. Not a word out of you two."

Rowena walks around the lounge and finally turn around seeing me on the very last step. I walk with caution over to her, but I try my best to make it look as if I'm not some cop on a cold case.

"Kid! Thank goodness! What in the world happened?" She asks, frantically gesturing to the lounge room. She walks over to the wall and fixes one of the paintings. Ugh, she's so convincing, it's difficult to not believe it's Hannah! Although, the help is appreciated. That's one less thing I have to worry about.

"Morgana," I pause briefly letting the name of the witch settle into 'Hannah's'  mind, then continue, "Came back and gave a final parting gift." I answer her question. My tone came out as bored and tired. Almost as if I was tired of Sam. Pfft, never. 

The girl turns her head slightly my way, and the light was aligned perfectly for me to see the true colour of her eyes. The chocolate brown had a blue tinge to it. The familiar sapphire blue of Rowena. Her eyes, seem inhuman. They're filled with caution, suspicion and evil. Then, they go back to the bright, innocent eyes she's been playing all this time. She smiles and faces me with a sad look, apologetic, almost.

"So, she's leaving too, huh?" She chuckles.

"What do you mean by 'too'?" I question. I'm also trying to make myself have that saddened look. Whether it's convincing or not, I'll never know.

"I didn't tell you?" She breaths. She doesn't have to. She's leaving, just like Connor and Sam predicted. "I'm leaving today. My family want me back in Germany."

Lies! I want to scream, but I can't. I need to let the inner actor in me take over. Deep breaths.

"But... I-I only just got to see you after so long!" I exclaim. Nice delivery of lines if I say so myself.

"I know, but I really must be going," she says while walking towards me. She cups my face and when I look into her eyes, I pay close attention to the blue that's beginning to become more and more visible. The evil witch opens the door and walks out into the evening lit world. Now's my chance, while she's turned away. I hold Patty and Liz in my hands and aim carefully at her.

The only thought in my mind right now is to repay Sam and Connor for everything they've done. I need to stop her now, or die trying.

I pull both triggers, hearing the bang of the guns going off and the sound of it hitting the target. Once wasn't enough, I need more power! I then begin pulling the triggers going off like a maniac! Firing vigorously as if enough is never enough! Dust and dirt rises up from the ground creating a cloud, almost impossible to see through. I don't care where I'm shooting, as long as Rowena doesn't come out and is down.

"HOW DARE YOU IMPERSONATE SOMEONE SO DEAR TO ME!" I snarl whilst firing. I can't help it, I feel as if something needed to be shouted in the spur of the moment. 

I shout more things, insults, profanities, I didn't realise how pissed I really was about the impersonation of Hannah until now.

I cease fire and step out of the doorway, shutting the front door behind me and walking out onto the doorstep. 

"I won't let the likes of you ruin this world, Rowena. I won't let you hurt my friends." I growl at the cloud of dust. Once it disperses into thin air, I then realise that I have shot nothing. She's not there, gone. Disappeared.

"What the...?" Liz mumbles. I was thinking the same thing. Where is she? She couldn't have dodged any of that, could she? All that is here is shattered pieces of concrete. I'll have to fix that later.

"The like of me? Honey, you're forgetting that one of your friends are part of my kind too." 

I turn on my heel quickly to face up at the roof. There sitting on the edge of the gutter is Rowena, finally giving up the charade. The familiar purple dress, the black hair in a braid, and a very sinister smile on her face. I could only think to scoff at it.

"She may be part of your kind, but she's nothing like you!" I spat. "You lied, Rowena. She's not your daughter, and she wouldn't do anything to harm the world!"

Rowena shrugs and leans against the roof tiles, raising one leg to cross it over the other.

"Well what do you expect?" She giggles. " I am a witch after all." Rowena sat back up and rests her head on top of her hands. "And I'll do whatever means necessary to get what I want."

She licks her lips and smiles hungrily at me. I wish I could just arrest her for sexual harassment. No matter, killing her will be much more fun.

"You're not getting anything, Rowena!" I shout and begin firing from where I stand straight at her, but she's too quick! She jumps up as if she anticipated my move before I made it! I aim as carefully as I can, but she still manages to evade every single bullet. She runs across the very edge with ease! Most would slip, but she's as agile as a bird, gliding along the gutters as if it were a meter long path!

"Try as you will, but you'll never hit me!" She laughs and skips along the tiles and gutter, spinning around and ducking and jumping, almost like it's a dance. She smirks down at me, and I couldn't help but smirk back at her causing Rowena to raise an eyebrow.

With no time to waste, I aim one pistol just in front of her and the other behind before shooting both vigorously and moving so they meet in the middle.

The bullets hit their target multiple times as I continue on pulling the triggers. She flinches and winces as smoke rises from her skin like a wild fire. She hisses before jumping off of the roof and landing close by my side.

"Whah?!" I stumble backwards at the close proximity. She marches close to me like a bull seeing red! I back away but she reaches up and squishes my cheeks bringing my face forward.

She stares at me with enraged eyes and the reflect the bitterness of her soul. I struggle to get out of her grasp but she holds me steady. Rowena glares coldly and I can feel a shiver coming on. Eyes that would probably see me dumped in ocean to never be found again!

She snorts in amusement and lets me go with a smirk.

"Very impressive, Kiddo, but you'll have to do better than that." She clicks her fingers and floats back onto the roof, getting comfortable and watching us from down below. What the hell is she planning?

"Kid... over there." Patty says. I look in the direction that's meant to be 'over there' and nearly choke on air. A Kishin egg. Letting out a low, monstrous grow deep enough to shake the ground.

"That can't be good..." Liz mumbles.

"Kid, I want to introduce you to a very good friend of mine." Rowena smiles. "You two ought to be better acquainted. After all, you two both have a connection to someone very special."

I glare up at her. "What do you mean?!"

"Kid, meet Hannah's murderer."

"WHAT?!"

"One little tiny detail I forgot to mention," she giggles, "I led the attack that night your precious Hannah was killed. Funny how the past always comes back to haunt you, am I right?"

I grit my teeth and clench my fists tightly around the pistols. What did she say?! NO! SHE DIES NOW!

I go to aim at her once more. I'm face to face with Hannah's killer. Now I can end this and-

"KID LOOK OUT!" Liz yells, but her warning was too late! The Kishin smacks my body with crazy strength and the force lifts me up off of the ground sending me flying into the far fence. 

"Nnng...oww..." I grunt rubbing my back. "One thing's for sure... Ugh... That didn't tickle." 

That's when I realise. Patty and Liz are no longer in my hands. They slipped out during the short flight! If I don't get them soon, I may as well make a reservation for the grave! 

They lay a few meters away, and as soon as I go to reach them, I'm kicked back and pressed against the barred fence, with this...things unsanitised hand pressed firmly against my chest. A hungry look dances in the beasts eyes. Inhuman eyes. Eyes with the desire to kill. The Kishin raises it's hand that holds razor sharp talons, ready to strike!

"Really? Up close combat?" I sigh, giving off a bored vibe. "Very well."

I kick the Kishin off of me with my two feet pressed together. Once he was off I don't once hesitate to to give this thing hell! One hit after the other! I need to get back to my weapons, but if I move away now, that will give this monstrosity time to strike at em! This thing is fast, it has skill, but not enough to take me down! I won't lose to this freak of nature!

The Kishin stumbles back before lunging for my legs. I jump making it narrowly miss me and I pull off a 360 kick to its face.

"Hurry up and come get me and Patty!" Liz shouts from where the two pistols lay still on the ground. I punch the Kishin's left side of his its face which had a piercing sticking out of it. It's not on the other side. What a disgrace!

"Are you kidding me?!" I shout back, evading a swipe for my feet. "If I turn around now he'll rip me to pieces! I for one don't want to grated and sprinkled on a pizza!"

I swing my fist at the thing before me once more, but my fist stops halfway. The Kishin grips onto my wrist and I can feel its vice like hold cutting off my circulation! I wriggle about trying to free myself, but it's no use! When I try and bring my other hand to help, the Kishin grabs that too and twists my two arms across one another, bending them in a way that causes a stretching pain to spread in my arms. The force and pressure its using could be enough to snap them! 

Oh no... its using more strength!

"ARGH! NNG GAH!" I scream feeling my arms twist around each other. I can hear the screams of protests of Patty and Liz.

"KID! DO SOMETHING OR SO HELP ME, I WILL TRANSFORM AND GET YOU OUT OF THIS MESS!"

"Don't.... Ng... you dare!" I cry back at Liz.

The Kishin's grip loosens a little and I take this opportunity to free myself. I swing underneath the Kishin's legs, get up and pull my arms through forcing the creature to fall head first into the dirt.

"Go Kid!" I hear Patty chant, Liz cheering along too. I smirk slightly in victory and rub my arms soothingly to ease the tension and pain. Then I jump on the Kishin's back like it's a bouncy castle, then use it as a springboard, pouncing forward and striding over to Liz and Patty.

I do a commander roll once I hit the ground, pick up my partners and then stand straight in a professional manner.

"Smooth." Liz compliments.

"Thank you."

I Point the two at the Kishin seeing that its already stood up, and growling angrily. I think its about to step up its game. Its about time we got this part started.

I fire everything we've got at it, sending it stumbling and tumbling as it staggers its way over to us. A small smirk finds its way to my face as I feel victory is ours. 

Boy, was I wrong.

The Kishin disappeared, and then reappeared right beside me! Like it was a ghost! He swipes and I try and make a quick dash away from it. Not quick enough! It tears my sleeve and its talon sinks deep into my skin.

"Grr!" I grunt and clasp my shoulder that's dripping with my own blood. It's on the left and not on the right! ASYMMETRICAL!

"How could you do that to me..." I gasp staring at the wound. Slowly, a drop of scarlet gets soaked into the fabric.

"Kid!"

The Kishin pushes me up against the wall, holding my wrists and making me point Patty and Liz upwards. I can't move my hands! I can't aim! Ugh! Come one, now! This is just foul play!

"Man, this thing is fast!" I breath.

"Or maybe someone was too busy focusing on the symmetry!" Liz scolds.

"HEY! That's a serious issue!"

"Now's not the time to concentrate on that! You're about to be killed if you don't do something! Get out!"

"Don't you think I've been trying?!"

My hands are useless, but did this brute forget that I still have legs? I go to move them, only to be let down. Just like my arms, they're unmovable! 

"Eww! A centipede! Gross..." Patty comments in disgust. I look down at my feet.

"No way." My eyes widen. "An extra pair of hands?!"

"Yes, that's right m'dear," Rowena smiles looking pretty smug up there on the roof. "This beautiful creation that I've made contains a mixture of bodies. Well, body parts, I should say." she cackles.

Another set of hands appear and one at a time, the new set begins repaying me for the damage I caused it before. I can already feel the bruises forming as the fists dig deep into my stomach and smashing at my rib cage. My breath becomes sharp and I begin coughing up the same liquid running down my arm.

It started at my stomach and chest, then those ghastly hands made their way to my face, wrecking the symmetry even more! My vision... it seems...blurry..

My body feels... so numb... I can't feel a... A thing...

He could just finish me off already. Why is... Why is he stalling? It's Rowena... isn't it? She's controlling the bastard.

Ugh~ my head...

She's softening me up before I'm torn limb from limb... Is that it? 

The Kishin throws me form the wall and into the earth with a force hard enough to smash concrete! Thank Death it was on the dirt, but that didn't stop it from hurting like a son of a b-.... Doorknob!

Before I can stand, the Kishin grips my head with it's horrific hand and shoves my face back into the dirt. The feeling of the tiny rocks against my skin isn't exactly what I'd call comfortable. 

"ARGH!" I cry when I feel its other pair of hands dig into my back and dragging them along at a painfully slow pace, tearing my skin and allowing more red liquid to spill out. The ripping of my clothes almost drowned out my screams. I'me seeing double... My vision is getting worse off. It's excruciating! 

"Blood... More..." The Kishin growls.

My body feels limp. Its weak... I'm weak. What made me think that I could take on this witch by my self? I need to get up, but the monster is standing on top of me! I won't last.

"Finish him," Rowena demands. All I can do is glare at the creature and spit out chunks of dirt. I can't do anything. This is my end. 

I await for the blow. Waiting for those deadly claws to strike me out.

"Get up! You're going to die!" Patty and Liz cry. I know that I'm going to die. If this thing that weighs like a truck would get off of me, maybe I would stand. It's difficult to even lean up the tiniest bit. My wrists are being held down by its extra hands, my whole body is pinned down.

"No..." I croak out, giving up on my escape attempts. I lay motionless with pants of exhaustion escaping my lips. "I'm done... I tried... and I failed."

"Right you are, ma boy, right you are." Rowena agrees. "I'll be sure to give Morgana your regards."

I grunt in response, as if hurrying her to get it over with. I close my eyes awaiting a world of pain. I'll never be able to tell Sam how I feel. I'll never be able to see her again, for I will be taking my last breath right here. Right now.

The Kishin growls and swings low aiming to slash me open. I wait for the impact. I can already feel the pain coursing through my body. The end is near. It's happening. I'm gone. Dead. 

Goodbye to everyone I knew. May my passing not beat you down too hard. Don't grieve too long. Continue to live happy lives and-

Hey, wait a minute....

Nothing's happened...

I open my eyes and look up at The Kishin feeling its grip loosening. The expression of it doesn't hold the same evil look anymore. The blood lust has been removed, and the sinister grin it had, has faced away into a straight line.

Had a Kishin had a change of heart?

A flash of silver swipes through its middle and the monster unraveled itself to show a soul.

Speaking of Soul, he jumps out of Maka's hands and grabs the floating red orb and gulps it down.

"Delicious!" He grins with a burp. "My compliments to the chef!"

"Need a hand?" Maka asks reaching down to help me up. I smile and then cringe a little as my back stings as I move. I'll live. I hope...

"YAHOO~ Ready to get going?!" Black*star shouts, holding Tsubaki who's in enchanted sword mode. Thank Death they came when they did, or I would have been minced meat!

"Aww," Rowena says sadly. "He was my pride and joy." She sighs and jumps down from the roof. "No matter. I think I'll enjoy handling you myself."

"You can try lady, but not even Asura could take us!" Black*star brags with a cackle.

"Where's Sam?" I ask with a limp and leaning against the front gate of the Manor.

"Couldn't find her or Connor says with a glare at the witch standing before us. Soul had transformed back into a scythe and Maka held him tightly in her hands. "We have bigger problems than finding you girlfriend, Kid. We'll look for her afterwards."

If we get out of this mess. Maka turns to me and sends a small reassuring smile. I guess there's no point in searching for them now. She's right, we'll deal with that problem after we eradicate this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...
5.3K 83 15
- A story about Maka's twin sis joining DWMA. Just a normal girl who has her own weapon. - Rewriting (in progress) ☁️ ⚠️ Warning !! β€’ THE OLD VER...
836K 28.2K 34
You know the usual. Your running from the past. Taking shelter at the DWMA. Befriending people you really shouldn't. Falling in love with someone you...
24.1K 414 3
Snow is an ordinary Soul Eater fan. She reads the manga, watches the show, ect. But one day, after going to bed, she finds herself in the DWMA! After...