Devil May Cry ✔

By petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

10

738 23 2
By petra_the_first

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello? Angy?" mom's voice came from the other end.

"Yeah mom. Anything wrong?"

"No I just wanted to make sure that you're awake it's four in the afternoon."

"Four?"

"Yeah."

"I just woke up."

"Well I figured you'll sleep in since you were still snoring when I left for work."

I chuckled at mom's comment.

"Lunch is in the microwave, heat it before you eat," mom said as my stomach growled.

"Mom I love you."

"Yeah yeah you love anybody who gives you food."

I chuckled, "Well if it makes you feel any better I love you the most out of all the people who had given me food."

Mom laughed,"Luck me. Well I have to go back to work sweety. Stay out out trouble and be safe. No talking to strangers if you decided to go out!"

I wanted to laugh at her instructions, if only she knew how many strangers I've talked to this months and one of them now knows his way to my house and heart.

"I'm not a kid anymore mom," I giggled.

"You'll always be my little kid. Bye now, love you."

"Love you too."

My stomach growled again, "Okay I'll feed you but let me shower first. Stomaches these days."

I made my way to the bathroom, showered ,and threw on some clothes. I looked at his jacket that laid on my bed. I picked it up and smelled it then quickly put it down when I found myself smiling. Devil what are you doing to me?

Millions of questions ran through my head; who are Freddie and Lauren and how does Walter know them? More importantly, why does Dylan know them? And how did I end up in here last night when I was riding in the car with Dylan?

Too much thinking for one morning er afternoon. I went to the kitchen and heated the pasta mom left for me and then sat down to eat it.

"Sharing is caring, love."

I jumped on my feet when I heard a voice speak beside me. My heart nearly stopped beating while my eyes were wide open staring at him. He was leaning against the kitchen counters with hands crossed in front of him

"Dylan?" I whispered, "How on earth did you get in here?"

"Please breaking into apartments is really easy even you can do it."

"Well thanks for the information," I said trying to sound calm and not offended. Does it kill him to just be nice and pass a decent conversation without insulting or flirting with me? Of course it does, it's Dylan we're talking about.

"Why are you here? Did you miss me?"

"Funny. But no I'm just bored."

I flickered with anger, am I just for fun?

"Well I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not your personal entertainer, find someone else to play your fun buddy."

"You can be my other type of buddy for me."

"Keep dreaming," I muttered with my head held down trying to focus on chewing.

Dylan laughed,"Ah angel you really are something."

I finished my lunch and washed my plate then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I went back to the kitchen, Devil was no where to be found.

"Dylan?" I called out as I searched the house. He probably left, I thought and then walked to the room again to find him completely invading my privacy. Dylan was holding a notebook with broad smirk oh his face while he read through it.

"That's my diary!" I said and quickly snatched it from his hands.

"Hey I was reading that!"

"Yeah sorry for the interruption! Here read my personal thoughts and secrets!" I yelled sarcastically.

"Well to be fair your secrets aren't really secret material."

"And why would you think that?"

"I bet a lot of people agree that eating dessert before dinner or not brushing your teeth after lunch are dangerous secrets, you gotta be more careful with these things Angela. That shit is confidential."

"Whatever," I mumbled while putting my diary away.

"Shoot the FBI might be listening! Quick hide the journal of great treasures and secrets away!"

"You are so annoying."

Dylan laughed and collapsed on my bed, I quickly pushed his legs off my sheets while he rolled his eyes.

"So what happened last night in the car?" I asked.

"You fell asleep during the ride I tried to wake you up but you kept snoring so I ended up carrying you here."

My face heated up, "And did you break in like you did earlier?"

"What? No! the little fairies magically unlocked the door for me and the dwarfs sang a lullaby as I made my way to your room."

"It's so hard not to slap the sarcasm out of you."

"You can't hurt me even if you tried."

"Anyway, have you ever heard of a guy named Walter?" I asked.

"No," he answered,"Why? Is he your boyfriend or something?"

"What? No! He's just... forget it, it's nothing."

"What is it Angela? Who's Walter? Did he hurt you?" he asked sounding a little bit angry.

"No! He's nobody I just thought you'd know him since you're familiar with Freddie," I blurted out. Crap! I didn't want him to know about Freddie, something tells me he's dangerous and I wasn't supposed to see what I saw yesterday and boy I was not wrong because when I mentioned Freddie Dylan's face hardened. Suddenly, he got off my bed and darted towards me while I gulped and moved away. I placed my hands behind my back, squeezing the edge of my desk.

"How do you know Freddie,Angela?" Dylan asked.

At that point I was really scared because of how close he was standing next to me with his huge body leaning forward.

"I-I-umm you see Freddie is-ummm," I stumbled on my own words.

He grabbed my forearm pulling me even closer.

"I asked, how do you know Freddie?"

My brain stopped processing maybe because of the fear of the the fact that I'm standing too close to him.

"How did you know I was in the club?" Dylan asked a little calmer, maybe he saw how scared I was?

"Umm coincedence?" I tried.

"You have five seconds to explain how the hell do you know Freddie."

"Ah-ah...y-you see Freddie is my...little cousin!" I lied, "He's twelve!"

Dylan cocked an eyebrow at me. I should really get my lies straight.

"Don't lie Angelica. Tell me how do you know that fucked up bastard."

"I don't really know him."

"Start from the very first beginning," Dylan said calmly.

I was about to tell him when my cellphone began to ring.

"Excuse me I have to get this," I said quickly and went to fetch my phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello? Angy? Where the hell are you?" Claire said.

"Umm I'm at home, why? Are you okay? Do you want me to come over?"

"No no, I mean yes,I mean no. Agh! No as in nothing's wrong and yes I need you to come over so you can help me organize the party. Don't tell me you forgot."

"Oh crap! I'll be right over don't start without me," I said and quickly hang up.

"I need to go Dylan."

But when I looked up he was blocking the exist.

"Can you please move? I have to be somewhere."

"You are not going anywhere before you answer my question."

"Why are you making such a big deal out of this?! I don't give two bricks about him so please just drop it already!"

"Angela he's dangerous! I don't want you near him or even saying his fucking name!"

"Well don't worry about that because I didn't want him to cross paths with me in the first place! It was just a coincedence nothing more, now if you please, move!"

I walked pass him to be stopped once again by his hand grabbing my forearm and pulling me backwards. Both our faces were close and I was staring directly into his deep gray eyes that were making me so weak every passing second yet so safe. I sighed in defeat then turned around and sat on my bed as he walked in front of me still standing with his hands crossed on his chest.

"I couldn't sleep yesterday so I decided to walk around, I passed a resturant and saw a guy I thought I knew and I did his name is Walter and he's my friend's ex, he was sitting in the resturant and that's when I saw Freddie and Lauren. All three of them were at the table but I couldn't hear what they were saying and that's how I sorta met Freddie."

Okay so I lied about not hearing their conversation but I guess that was for the best. I continued telling Dylan the rest of what happened and how did I end up in the club. Dylan was smiling when I finished the story.

"What?" I found myself smiling back.

"You climbed a bathroom window to you make sure Lauren doesn't kiss me? Waw you really were jealous,weren't you angel?" he asked clearly amused.

"Pfft no. Of course not. I was just.... in the mood for clubbing and when I want something I get."

"Mhm yeah sure."

I knew Dylan was no longer worried about me knowing Freddie since he lightened up.

"It's the truth! Whatever I have to go, my friend is waiting for me," I informed him and then stood up to leave.

"No, stay a little longer."

"I'm sorry did I hear you right?"

"Don't start."

"Oh Dylan you want me to stay. Missing me already?"

"Whatever, I'm leaving."

"Come on," I chuckled, "And I take things too seriously?"

"Blah blah blah."

"Still a child!"

"A child in love."

"What's that? Dylan!" but he was long gone leaving me, once again, completely dumbstruck.

I sat on the edge of my bed. Does he like me? No he.... loves me?

My thoughts were interrupted by a text.

Claire: Where are you?

Angela: On my way

I inhaled and exhaled deeply as I ran my fingures through my hair. This is getting crazier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Detachable By Dina Parks

Mystery / Thriller

205 14 25
Losing someone or something is not a choice or something it's predicted. It just happens. You cannot know when it will happen. The worst part of it a...
755 1 21
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. I had everything a guy could ask for, a loving family, the perfect small-town life...
111K 2K 74
I've always had a feeling that I would die young. Ever since I started pondering on deaths door I've had this feeling. I could care less about the he...
11.9K 1K 20
"Why did you do it?" he asked. "What are you talking about" I replied nervously I knew what he was talking about. I just had hope that it would've b...