Devil May Cry ✔

By petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

8

1K 30 0
By petra_the_first

I texted Claire to ask if she needed help packing for college, her reply came in a little late but at least she accepted my help. I need to make sure she's okay especially when she's not reaching out for a hand these days, Claire has been isolating herself more and more so I figured that helping her prepare to leave for college might be a good chance to keep an eye on her. This reminds me that I need to start packing too since I have less than a week left here.

I took a taxi to Claire's apartment and soon we were both on the floor folding clothes. We sat mostly in silence and I've noticed how little she talks these days.

"I don't think I've been feeling well these days," Claire sighed, "The college thing is really stressing me out."

"There's no need to worry in a couple of days you'll be standing under the Californian sun with nothing around to bother you,"  I said.

"Yeah..." she said, "I'm thirsty, do you want something to drink?"

"No thanks I'm fine."

"Okay."

Claire slowly got up but suddenly lost her balance, her eyelids were slowly closing and opening.

"Claire are you okay?" I got up and placed my hand on her back but she didn't answer instead she ran to the bathroom and began throwing up. I quickly followed her and held her hair until she was done.

"Are you okay?" I asked while she dried her mouth with the towel.

"Yeah I'm feeling a little better now, it must've been something I ate or maybe I'm sick since I'm nauseous all the time."

Hmm.

"Claire?" I said while biting my lips, "When was the last time you had your period?"

"I don't know.... I think it's been a month," she looked up to think until her green eyes slowly made their way down to meet mine, "You don't think.... no Angy that's not possible.... no no it's just food poisoning."

"But-."

"It's not possible! I can't be!"

"Claire calm down it's just a thought."

She sat down on the bed and cupped her head, her eyes were wide opened and darting between the tiles.

"We need to make sure you're not... you know pregnant. Just in case."

She didn't answer but closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.

"Do you want me to get you a pregnancy test?"

"No, no, no, no, no!" she started crying, "This can't be happening!"

I quickly hugged her, "Claire listen we don't know for sure if your pregnant or not this is why you should take the test "

For minutes she didn't utter a single word until she finally sniffed and then sighed, "Okay I'll do the test."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"All right, you stay here while I grab a pregnancy test from the pharmacy,"

She nodded and I hurried outside to find the nearest pharmacy, hotfootted . Claire opened the door and quickly let me in before I got the chance to knock.

She quickly snatched the test from my hand and went to the bathroom but stopped right in front of the door.

"Everything's going to be all right," I assured her.

She looked down at the pregnancy test in her hand and nodded. Slowly, the blonde made her way to the bathroom and closed the door behind her while I sat outside and waited for her to come back.

The ticking coming from the clock on the wall was suddenly louder than ever, I don't know how long I've been sitting here but it felt like ages. It must be harder on Claire after all it's not easy to carry the child of your own rapist but Walter might be the dad for all we know. The ticking was still there somehow and oddly synchronized with the beats of my heart, how is she feeling right now? Is she staring at the result unable to comprehend what's going on? I bet she's lost and feeling disconnected from the world maybe her thoughts are hazy and distorted.

"Claire?" I knocked on the bathroom door once, "Is everything okay?"

"Ah yeah I'm almost done."

"I'm right here if you need anything."

No answer and it's back to my heartbeats and the clock.

Finally Claire came out squeezing and twisting her sweaty fingers.

"Don't worry," I said and then I timed five minutes on my phone. When the timer went off we both jumped at our feet and ran to the bathroom sink where the pregnancy test was.

She glared at it for a long time before reaching to grab it.

"You can do this Claire. Whatever happens I'll be right here."

Claire smiled at me,"Thank you Angy."

She breathed and read the results. No reaction. She just stood there,well more like she froze there.

"Claire?"

She started chuckling. Okay that's unsettling.

"I'm not pregnant," she quietly announced, "I'm not pregnant!"

One line. Not pregnant.

"Oh God! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she hugged me tightly and jumped up and down. I hugged her back while she wiped a tear off her face.

It's for the best, she's still too young to be a mother and besides she has college to worry about. 

Claire was getting tired so I left her to rest and went back to my apartment. The walls seemed like they're closing in on me so I decided to go out for a run it's a good way to shake off the extra stress of leaving and everything. I changed my clothes and started running down the pavement. It was a little crowed so I went to the nearest park.

I was jogging when I felt like someone was watching me. I turned my back quickly to be greeted by.... nobody. Maybe it's just my imagination. I turned around and bumped into something or rather someone.

"What the heck?" I lifted my head to see nothing but the most annoying demonish smirk ever. Well what do you know? Devil.

"Are you stalking me?"

"You wish angel but I don't have time to run around little kids."

He really knows how to get on my nerves.

"Says the guy who walked away when he got mad yesterday."

"I wasn't mad."

"Mhm sure, they way you acted was very mature I should really start listening to you," I said as I continued my jog while he followed beside me.

"Of course you should, I also happen to make a great trainer. One week with me and your ass will pop out so hard Kim K will be jealous."

"I don't want a bigger butt, I'm comfortable with my size so you can keep your unwanted workout routines."

"Jesus I was just joking."

"You are so indecisive."

"And you take things way too seriously."

"At least I don't body shame," I stopped mid-track and turned to face him.

"I'm not body shaming I was just messing with you."

"Whatever," I turned away to leave but he ran ahead and stopped me.

"Why are you easily offended?"

"People's bodies are not a topic to joke about."

"I know! God I know! I don't joke about them! I just! Agh why is it so hard to talk to you!"

I was taken back by what he said, hard to talk to? I always considered myself an easy going person. It was a bit funny to see him frustrated but no Angelica it's not funny, don't be an idiot.

"How cute you get nervous around me," I smirked while crossing my hands over my chest. What are you doing? Walk away stop letting him get into you! But I couldn't, I stayed. I wanted to stay, Dylan brings out a side of me I've never known.

"Did you just call me cute?"

Oh no, he's not going to make me blush two can play this game.

"No."

"Yes you did you said 'how cute' you can't deny that."

"I'm not but you want me to call you cute."

"No," he chuckled, "I'm pointing out what you said."

"Love if you want me just say it, no need to play games."

"Games? You sound sure."

"I am sure."

I can see a little smile creeping on his face but he's resisting. Walk away Angelica, walk away from those eyes.

"We need to get you a boyfriend, I'm afraid you'll die alone."

"Don't worry I won't die alone because I'll always have you following me around." 

His eyebrow slowly rose while he shook his head, the sun was hitting his gray eyes and I can feel the gap between us closing. What is happening?

"Have a nice day," I said and continued jogging.

"Bye angel."

I shook my head and smiled, those damn eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 288 44
Book I of 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...
90.4K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
74.3K 3.4K 44
"Won't you join the bath with me?" I tilt my head feigning innocence. He raises a brow coming closer leaning into me. "And why should I?" "Because...