Hiraeth //S.S.// ➸ Book 2

By briboo4142

Hiraeth: (n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was. I miss the old Beacon Hills... More

17 Again
Miguel is Back
Freshmen Star
New Beta
Kayla
Professional Assassins
No More Death
36 Million
Scott's Horrible Plan
Is It Really Over?
Back To Mexico
Goodbye Derek
A Familiar Face
Untrustworthy
A New Kanima
Masked Men
A Secret Death
Bad Memories
The Hard Truth
Just Trust Him
Aubrey Q&A Answers
Heartache
Beyond The Veil
I Won't Give Up
Reunited
The Beast Of Gevaundan
Saviors and Betrayal
The Plan
Failure Is Not An Option
The Beast Is Reveled
A New Found Trust
She Saved My Life
Memory Fade
A/N
New Faces
Thunder and Lightning
I Promise
Ghost Town
Redemption
M.Stilinski
Flashbacks
Reunited
Starstruck
A Perfect World
No Escape
Silver Lining
Into The Woods
Peace and War
A Day Full Of Lies
Zoo Shenanigans
Familiar Faces
Two Halves Equal A Whole
Blindness
Sacrifice
It's Been A Glorious Ride
Epilogue
Movie!??
WIP

Meredith?

1.3K 31 31
By briboo4142

"Scott, it's almost 4 in the morning. What do you want?" I groaned, placing the phone to my ear.

"Aubrey, you need to get down to Derek's right now." I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Why, what's going on?"

"It's with Parrish." I furrowed my eyebrows. "The Deputy?"

"Yeah, he's one of us." I sighed, slipping on my converse. "I'll be there in 10."

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek questioned as I walked in. He held Parrish's hands, examining them. Lydia stood by him, watching him closely.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

Derek nodded. "Well, they should be gone." Parrish stood there clueless, looking between us. "I was set on fire. All of me should be gone."

Scott shook his head. "Not if you're like us."

"Like you?" Parrish questioned as Derek shook his head. "I don't think he's like us."

"Then what is he?" Derek shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry, but I have no idea." Scott stepped forward. "But you knew about Jackson and Kira."

Derek nodded. "This is a little out of my experience. There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent."

Scott shook his head. "I don't know where he is." Parrish stepped back, holding his hands out. "Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary?" He shook his head. "Actually, that's not even my first questions. Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia." He glanced towards her. "Are all of you psychic?"

Derek glanced at us. "Psychic?" Scott shook his head. "Yeah. Not exactly."

"Okay. Then what are you?"

"Okay so you two are werewolves?" He pointed at Derek and Scott as they nodded. "Lydia's a banshee." He turned towards me. "And your a Darkarizmic?" I nodded. "What even if that."

"To be honest, i'm still trying to figure that out myself. All I know if that I can literally take shadows and use them."

"But what's a Kanima?" Scott shook his head. "We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the Deadpool."

Parrish looked down at his feet. "But I don't even know what I am."

"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Derek said bluntly.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Lydia shrugged her shoulders. "We're starting to lose count."

"But is it still just professionals?" He glanced around at us as Parrish shook his head. "I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance."

"That means anyone with the Deadpool could take a chance." I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall.

"But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?"

Suddenly my phone started to ring. "Hello?"

"Aubrey, we have a problem." Liam's voice blared through the phone. I stood up from against the wall, pressing the phone closing to my ear. "Liam, what's wrong?"

"The DeadPool. It-It's being printed from my printer. So many copies of it." My eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, it wouldn't stop, I had to unplug it." I sighed. "Ok, Thank you Liam. Now, get some sleep okay."

"Okay." I hung the phone up, placing it back into my pocket. "Someone definitely wants us dead, bad."

"You said it was a Banshee right?" Lydia turned to Scott and I. "Yeah, but the only Banshee we know is you." She shook her head. "Meredith."

Scott laughed dryly. "Lydia, Meredith is dead." Lydia sat down on the bed, resting her arms on her knees. "But what if she's not."

She glanced at her fingers as she spoke. "Meredith was only at my grandmother's lakehouse once. But I think once was enough."

"How did you grandmother know her?" Lydia shook her head. "She didn't. She found her. Because of another woman named Maddy. The woman she loved."

She paused, sighing. "I never met her, but I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from all the regattas she's won."

"How did she die?" Parrish spoke up from behind the pillar.

"How's not the story. It's what happened right before. My grandmother, Lorraine, used to work in San Francisco for IBM. She was there on a weekend, catching up on work. She started hearing this sound. Like rain."

Lydia glanced out the window. "But when she looked out the windows, all she say was blue sky."

"But she kept hearing the rain." Lydia nodded. "And it just keeps getting louder. Rain and thunder cracking like gunshots in her head. So loud. She finally just screamed."

"Like a Banshee." I muttered.

"She called Maddy who was planning on taking one of the boats out on the lake. But Maddy said that the sun was shining there too. So Lorraine didn't say anything."

"There was an accident?" Parrish questioned.

Lydia shook her head. "It took them four days to find Maddy's body. And then it took decades to figure out how Lorraine knew. She started with parapsychologists, like the PhD in their name made it more scientific." Lydia rolled her eyes.

"They built the study in the lake house according to every pseudoscientific theory they could find. None of it worked. So then she started going to more extreme occult. Things like meduims and psychics all of them were failures. Until she found Meredith."

She trailed off. "This fragile girl who didn't understand the things she heard. They brought her to the study. And they almost killed her. She was hospitalized for over a year. She never really recovered. My grandmother drove her insane. I drove her to suicide. And all she ever wanted to do was help. My grandmother created the code for the Deadpool. They think she's the Banshee who put the names out in the first place. She left me this message in the same code."

"But she didn't leave the cipher key, did she?" Lydia pursed her lips, shaking her head.

"Okay, Parrish, I want you to go home, go get some rest." Scott put a hand on his shoulder. "You've had a long day." He turned to Lydia. "Go bring that to Stiles. He can add it to his board of whatever." Lydia nodded, walking off with Parrish.

"This is crazy." I muttered, walking over to the bed. "To think all this started with her grandmother." I placed my hand down, touching something cold. Glancing down, I noticed a gun placed on Derek's jacket.

"Hey Scott." I muttered, standing up. Scott walked over to me, holding the same expression. He carefully picked up the gun, examining it in his hand.

"Careful with that." Derek stalked over to us. I furrowed my eyebrows, turning to him. "I thought you didn't like guns." Derek glanced down.

"Does this have something to do with your eyes?" I crossed my arms. "What's wrong with your eyes."

Derek sighed. "They won't change. Everything is disappearing. My eyes, my strength, the healing. All of it."

"Just gone out of the blue?" I questioned as he nodded. "Whatever Kate did to me, it's still happening."

Scott sighed, sitting down on the bed. "If the Deadpool really was made by a Banshee then there's something else that you should know about." He paused, glancing up at Derek. "Your name broke the third list. It was a cipher key."

Derek bit his lip, nodding. "And the two other keys were Allison and Aiden." I nodded hesitantly. "I don't want to make you nervous, Derek. But it kind of feels like there might be a pattern there, doesn't it? Allison, Aiden, now you."

"Names picked by a Banshee." Scott stood up, standing next to me. "It could mean that you're in danger." Derek rolled his eyes. "Scott, Banshees don't predict danger. They predict death."

Scott's phone rang as we got into my car. I turned on the engine as he answered it. "Hey Stiles, what's up." He leaned back against the seat as I pulled out of the parking lot.

Suddenly, he sprang forward. "Ok, we'll be there." He hung up the phone, turning towards me. "We've got to go to Stiles'." He paused. "Derek's not on the list anymore."

We arrived at Stiles', meeting up with Liam and Parrish. We held two copies of the DeadPool, side by side. "You see the differences." Liam pointed to his name. "I'm not worth 3 million. It's 18 million now. I"m 18 million dollars."

My eyes widened as I found my name. "What the hell? Why am I worth only 30 Million now?" I scoffed. "How rude."

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Don't worry, you're still the top on this list. Even though that's not really a thing to be proud of."

Parrish examined the other page of the new DeadPool that Lydia had cracked. "Well, it's not another DeadPool. More like an already DeadPool."

Lydia furrowed her eyebrows. "All of them? All dead?" Parrish nodded. "Within the last 10 years. All suicides. And all at the same place."

Stiles and I glanced at eachother. "Eichen House." I rolled my eyes. "Why am I not surprised."

"Okay, Scott, Lydia, and Parrish, you guys go to the Bonfire or whatever the hell it is. Make sure no one gets hurt." They nodded. "Stiles and I will go to Eichen and figure out what we can."

"Alright." Lydia and Parrish walked out the door, Scott coming towards me. "Just be careful." I nodded. "I always am."

I turned towards Stiles, grabbing his keys. "Ready to go." He nodded, smirking. "Yes, but i'll take the keys." I rolled my eyes, handing him the keys. "Fine, let's go."

"Aubrey, I just thought of something." He said as he pulled up to the house. "Eichen House isn't a library. You need a warrant to get files from there."

I rolled my eyes. "Lydia's grandmother left her a list of 10 suicides, including her own. There's got to be a reason why. I don't remember anyone in here who's willing to help us. Do you?"

He shrugged, nodding. "No. But there might be someone willing to take a bribe."

We walked into the building, it seemed all too familiar. The yelling of the patients, mixed with the smell of moldy cheese. Just as I remembered.

"You too back so soon?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I whipped around, facing Brunski, who stood there with a smirk. "Great." I muttered.

"We need files and you have the keys." Stiles stated as Brunski chuckled. "And what makes you think i'd give you access to those."

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "How much do you want?"

"A thousand." Stiles' eyes widened. "A thousand dollars? To use one little key to open one little file room? Are you out of your mind?"

Brunski shrugged. "When you get the keys, you make the price." Stiles scoffed. "Right. You actually think we have that kind of money?" Brunski shook his head. "I know you don't. If you did, Daddy Sheriff would've paid the bill by now."

He turned towards me. "That's why i'm talking to her." I narrowed my eyes, sighing. I reached into my pocket, pulling out a wad of cash. "I have 300."

Stiles stared Wide-eyed at me as Brunski took the cash. "Follow me." He turned around, walking down the hall, Stiles and I trailing behind him.

"Wanna tell me where you randomly got 300 dollars?" I shrugged. "I borrowed it from Derek." Stiles chuckled. "Borrowed."

"Okay, maybe I stole it."

Brunski led us into the records room. "Good?" We nodded, walking past him. "Yeah. We can help ourselves." Brunski nodded, turning around. "You got the list."

I nodded, pulling it out of my pocket, handing it to him. Stiles unfolded the list, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Aubrey, why did you write another name on here?"

"What?" I questioned, walking towards him. "I didn't write anything."

"This is your handwriting." I walked towards him. "Why would I write another name."

"Why would you write mine?" I glanced at the list. Stiles' name was printed boldly, in my handwriting. "What the hell?"

"It was the tapes, wasn't it?" We whipped around, Brunski stood at the entrance, smirking at us. He pulled out a tazor from his pocket.

I growled, running towards him. I grabbed his arm, trying to get the tazor. Suddenly, a shock coursed throughout my body as my legs gave out underneath me. "Son of a-" My eyes shut, the last thing I heard was Stiles' yelling my name, before my hearing went dull.

I groaned, my head pounding as I opened my eyes. Everything was dark. I tried to get up, but my body was held back. I glanced down, noticing a rope tied across my chest and stomach, restricting my hands back. "Stiles." I muttered.

"I'm right here babe." He groaned from behind me. "Help!" I tried to yell. "Someone help us!"

"Aubrey, there's a lot of people screaming for help in a place like this. I don't think anyone's listening."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, i'm open to not being stuck down in the basement of a crazy house. If you didn't notice by now, all of those suicides were murders."

Stiles slightly gasped. "That's why Lydia's grandmother left her the message. I nodded. "She predicted her own death. She knew Lydia would figure it out."

"But they weren't murders." Brunski came out from the shadows. "I'm not some serial killer like Ted Bundy going around cutting up college girls."

I narrowed my eyes. "No, you're just an Angel of Death." Brunski chuckled. "I don't think you understand my level of commitment to my work here, Aubrey. There are people here who don't simply need treatment. They need release. I helped them. I helped Lorraine."

"You killed her." I growled as he shook his head. "I helped her. You just don't understand." He stalked closer to me. "Since you're so nosy, I think you can help the others too."

I tired to backup, only to be blocked by the pillar behind me. "What the hell do you mean?" Brunski pulled out a small dagger from his back pocket, holding up to my face. "By feeling the pain all the others felt before their release."

He piereced the knife into my cheek, a sharp pain forming. I winched at the knife went down my cheek, stopping at my chin. The blood dripped down my face as he snickered.

"You son of a bitch, don't you hurt her." Stiles yelled as Brunski laughed. "But I already am Stiles." He stabbed the dagger into my arm, running it down.

Tears fell from my face as I felt the blood escaping my body. "Aubrey Baby, just focus on me okay. Ignore what he's doing. Just focus on my voice."

He stopped at my hand, bringing the knife to my other arm, repeating the same motion. "Please. Stop." I sobbed, tears still falling from my face.

He smirked, putting the knife down. "We get a lot of teenagers trying to break into our drug cabinets." He pulled out a needle from his pocket. "Most of the time, they don't succeed. But you two look pretty clever to me."

He pushed my head to the side, bringing the needle towards my neck. "I'll admit, Stiles. I don't have any unusual talents like Aubrey here. But somehow, I just knew we were gonna get a chance to do this again." He brought the needle closer to my skin.

I took a deep breathe, preparing for the sharp object. "Drop it!" A voice screamed as Brunski held still. I looked behind him, seeing Parrish standing at the door, holding a gun. "Take your thumb off that needle and slowly withdraw it away from her neck."

Brunski chuckled. "Young Deputy. You're just a kid. I bet you've never even fired a-" Parrish shot the gun, hitting Brunski in the heart. He gasped, the needle falling from his hand as he fell to the floor with a thud.

Parrish ran over to us, untying us. Stiles grabbed my body, pulling me into his grasp. "Aubrey, are you okay?"

"He was controlling Meredith." I said. "He used her to create the DeadPool."

Quiet laughter erupted from the floor. I glanced down to see Brunski watching us. "You think it was me? That I was controlling her?" He laughed. "Idiots. She was controlling me."

I narrowed my eyes, breaking out of Stiles' grip, walking over to him. I knelt down next to him. "You may not be the Benefactor, but you're still dead."

Swiftly, I turned around, grabbing Parrish's gun. "Say Goodbye." Without another word, I shot him in the chest. He gasped, before falling back to the ground. I dropped the gun, backing away from him.

"He's not the benefactor. No." A voice came from behind us. Turning around, I gasped. It was Meredith. "He wasn't on my list. But he was a bad person."

This is too make up for missing Saturdays update, I hope you enjoy <3

​​​​​​​WordCount: 2860

Ps: here's a really funny video I couldn't stop laughing at

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.9K 29
A fan fic written Eda Yildiz is florist . Her motto "Live life like it's a miracle " Serkan Bolat is fierce businessman. His motto " Don't enter the...
63K 1.8K 28
"We found Wonderland..." Delia Acker has never been outside of her hometown in New Hampshire but when her mother brings her an opportunity to journey...
843K 19.1K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
983K 60.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...