In Your Arms (Edward Elric x...

By smolbeanjenna

You've known the Elric brothers for as long as you can remember. When you were only 3, your parents died in t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's Note #2
Chapter Nine
Author's Note #3
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen: A Fourth of July Special
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen: Special Chapter
Author Q and A!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Cover Contest
Cover Contest Results
Update

Chapter Ten

4.7K 153 105
By smolbeanjenna

You woke up with a warm washrag on your head. You were under several blankets and it felt like it was a thousand degrees, wherever you were.

You had a bad headache.

Where am I? What happened?  you thought to yourself.

But in a split second, your eyes widened as you remembered everything. Every little detail of what had happened was stuck in your mind, like a picture frame.

You had the answers to both of your questions. You were in your room at the hotel that you, Ed and Al were staying at. You had passed out form the poison and injuries from Fear. 

You tried to sit up, but the pain just felt worse. You bared it and got out of bed. You were still wearing your laced shirt and shorts, but your socks and shoes were off. You gently took the warm washcloth off your forehead and placed it on the bed, next to where you were asleep.

Your forehead and your stomach were bandaged up. You weren't that badly beaten up, so you were able to move around and stuff.

You walked towards the door and gently grabbed the handle. Being honest with yourself, you were scared to open the door.

Facing your fears, however, you managed to open it and walk slowly from your room. 

You heard Ed's voice coming from the living room. You didn't want to eavesdrop, but you couldn't just plug your ears or something.

"I'm really worried about (Y/N), Al. This is the second time she's been hurt, and it's only been her first assignment.." You heard Ed say in a sad tone.

He was really worried about you?

"I'm worried too, brother. I don't want to see her hurt like this often. Her injuries must have hurt her a lot, because she was unconscious and everything.."

Then you remembered that you had to tell them that it wasn't your injuries, it was the poison.  

You were scared. Would they not request to do assignments with you anymore? Were they going to make you stay home when they had to something so you wouldn't get hurt? You were a State Alchemist. You have to do things for the military!

You decided it was time to make an entrance.

"Hey Ed, hey Al." You said, smiling as you walked in.

You took a seat on the left side of the sofa.

"(Y/N), are you okay? Do you feel alright?" Ed asked. He sounded worried.

"Listen guys, I'm okay. I actually needed to tell you something."

You explained to them how you fell unconscious. You wanted to remain conscious, but the poison was too much for your body to handle. Your body wasn't used to poison or any kind of medicine whatsoever.

"When did that girl inject the poison?" Al asked.

"Well, my hypothesis is that she did it when she kicked me in the face a couple of times and sent me flying onto a big piece of rubble from the building. That's when my neck started to hurt. When the gas was going off, I felt around my neck, and touched a bright green substance. I read about some of the toxic poisons when I was studying for the alchemy exam, so I recognized it. Bright green coloring usually means that it wasn't made for killing. Just enough to make the victim tired and drowsy. But judging on my condition, there must have been a lot of chemicals involved." You said. You felt weak.. but you couldn't let that get you down. You were awesome.. and you knew it!

"So... how long was I out?" You said after some silence.

"Well, you see..." Ed started, looking scared for my reaction.

"Three... days?"

You immediately freaked out like last time.

"THREE DAYS?! Why didn't you wake me up!? Didn't we go over this last time?!" You yelled. You did not like being out for a couple of days. That was too much rest. You weren't much of a sleep person unless you were super exhausted. You liked to think of sleep as a reward.

"Yeah, but I planned to cook dinner this time instead of not bringing you food!" Ed exclaimed.

"You? Cook? Well, I'm excited to see this!" You said.

"Don't get too cocky, (Y/N). I'll make you the best dinner you've ever had!"

You smiled. You were really happy at that moment.

"Thanks, Ed."

He started blushing for some reason. He scratched his head and walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll get started. But you aren't allowed to come into the kitchen until I tell you that you can. No peaking either!"

"Sure, whatever."

You decided to read while you waited. Maybe some books on poisons to help you pick out which exact one it was. Or maybe study more about your alchemy and how you can get better at it.

Time started passing, and you'd realized you'd been reading for an hour and a half. It was already 6:30 PM. 

The smell was making your stomach rumble and your mouth water. whatever it was that Ed was making, it smelled amazing. Could he really cook?

"Okay, (Y/N). Ed said that you could go sit at the table now." Al called from the kitchen.

You immediately dropped the book and rushed into the kitchen.

You stared at the kitchen table. 

A big pot of beef vegetable soup and a plate of soft rolls, with butter on the side.

You licked your lips and sat at the table.

Your bowl was already made for you. You slowly lifted the spoon to your lips, taking your first bite.

It was perfect temperature- that was for sure. Not too hot, not too cold. It tasted amazing!

Ed stood by the stove. "So? How is it?" He asked, expecting an "Ew!".

"It's amazing, Edward! You did a good job!" You scarfed down the soup and a couple of rolls until your belly was full.

Edward ate his slowly, but he was enjoying every bite.

After you both were finished, you announced that you were going back to bed.

"Thanks Ed. That definitely made up for me being out for three days." You said, smiling.

Every time you would smile and thank him, he would always blush.

But he was even redder than before.

"Not a problem. Besides, I owed you for not getting you food last time.. even after you threw a book at me." He laughed.

You laughed as well.

"Good night. See you guys in the morning, I guess."

You headed to your room, but before you went in, you looked at yourself through the hallway mirror.

You looked really pretty, even though you had your forehead bandaged.

You hair was naturally down in it's usual form, and you felt like you always looked amazing.

Before you could go into the room, however, you heard Alphonse's voice from the living room.

"Brother, you like (Y/N), don't you?"

Your eyes widened. You kind of didn't want to know Ed's response.

  You bet they both thought you were already in your room. 

"Shut up, Alphonse!"

That's all you heard. It was silent after that.

No real response was heard from Ed.

It must have been better if you didn't know, anyways.

You reached for the handle of your door and opened it slowly, and you climbed into bed.

 You didn't even bother changing into pajamas.

It's better if I don't know yet, you thought.

I'm too scared to know right now, anyways. Ed won't speak up, even to Alphonse.

You shut off your thoughts from you mind and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

828K 38.3K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
303K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
666K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...