Centuries // [klaus mikaelson]

By itsmejohnmulaney

In 1114 I met him. My Niklaus. I wasn't supposed to love him, but I did. I was supposed to love my betrothed... More

Before You Read
Playlist
Extended Summary
October 1113
January and February 1114
February 1114
March 1114
April 1114
December 1114
March 1115
June 1314
July 1314
March 1492
January 1569
May 1700
June 1724
April 1835
May 1887
March 1919
March 1922
1922-1965
June 1971
January 1972
October 1981
September 1993
November 1993
February 2012
May 2012
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
April 2016
May 2016
May 2016
July 2016
July 2016
July 2016
July 2016
July 2016
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter
Alternate Ending (pt. 1/4)
Alternate Ending (pt. 2/4)
Alternate Ending (part 3/4)
Alternate Ending (part 4/4)

February 2012

25.3K 473 208
By itsmejohnmulaney

Mystic Falls, Virginia. 

"My dear friend," I smile, walking into the Salvatore boarding house. "Damon?" I shout.

"Fuck." I hear him curse from upstairs, and I smile. He has a girl here.

"Rebekah?" I raise my eyebrows as she walks down the stairs.

"Don't tell my brothers." She says, and I nod. "Nik is fuming at you, by the way. He called me before screaming his head off."

"I know. He's annoying." I shrug. 

"What did you do?"

"He's just overreacting." I shrug. "I had sex with Kol, but I was drunk."

"I'll talk to him." She pats my arm.

"You're not mad?" Damon asks, and I shrug. 

"Why would I care?"

"Because you used to be in Rebekah's position." 

"See, if I remember it correctly, we always fucked in my apartment, Damon. Which means that you were the one that was sneaking out in the morning."

"I never had to sneak out, I could leave."

"You snuck anyway, as though I had someone else living there." I roll my eyes. "I need to talk to you." I point at Damon.

"Oh." Elena walks in.

"Well, that's my queue." Rebekah walks out of the house.

"I'll leave you two to talk." I go to the living room and pour myself a drink, and sniff out their blood supply, and take a bag, walking around the house as I eavesdrop on Elena and Damon talking about killing Klaus. I know they won't succeed, and if they do, it'll only be temporary, but I won't put a damper on their cute little plan.

Elena leaves when I'm reading one of Stefan's diaries, he's awful broody, that one, and I finish off my blood bag and walk downstairs. 

"You're quite broody." I hold up the journal.

"That's an invasion of privacy, and considering that I don't know you, I might just have to press charges." He snatches the book from my hand.

"You didn't let me finish." I slam him up against the wall. "I'm a writer. I'm not published but I like telling the stories of vampires. And since the majority of the world thinks that they're fake, I'm going to make a billion dollars one day off of mine and Nik's story. I want one of these diaries to be a book. Spin off of the random vampire who became Niklaus' closest friend in the 20's." 

"I want to read the story!" Damon smiles. "Would love to know the backstory of why you're so you and he's so him."

"I'll summarize." I don't summarize. I tell the long story of Niklaus and I, and I pause the story several times, either for more blood, or more bourbon. I tell them the story right up to last night, when I fucked Kol three bedrooms away from Niklaus. "Now, can I get to why I'm here?"

"Sure."

"You're never going to be able to successfully kill Klaus."

"And why is that?"

"Because he's always ten steps ahead." I shout. "I'd know. I've gotten my daylight ring stolen by him more times than I can count! I was stuck under a blanket for days. He compelled me not to leave our bedroom and not to close the curtains. All I wanted was for my family back. I wanted someone to talk to that wasn't him!" I say, and a tear falls down my face. "I know him better than anyone, and you're not being subtle about this."

"Tell us how to do it then."

"Don't. You don't know who your sire is. But I sure as hell know who mine is. You could wipe out the majority of the vampires on this planet, and in return, I can help you find out who yours is. I know who Klaus' first turn is, I know who Elijah's first turn is, and I know who Rebekah's first turn is. Rebekah's sire line isn't long. Elijah's is massive and they've turned into a sort of cult. But Niklaus' sire line. Now that's a party." I smirk. "I'll get in contact with my people, and in return you call off your plans," I poke Stefan in the chest. "And if I find out you crossed me," I look him up and down in disgust. "You'll have a 900 year old vampire on your ass, ready to rip your heart out." I say, and run a finger over his cheek. 

"I think it's time for you to go." Damon says, and I shrug.

"Deals off until I get a handshake."

"No deal."

"I guess this is the last time you'll see me then. Goodbye, Damon. Don't come running to me when Elena cracks your heart in half." I give him one last look, finish my bourbon and leave the house, sprinting to the Mikaelson mansion.

"Where have you been?" Nik asks. "I've been calling you."

"My phone is upstairs. I've been talking with the Salvatore brothers. They really want to kill you. You've royally pissed off a whole town."

"And did you tell them that I'll always been several steps ahead of them?"

"Of course I did. I also added in that gorgeous tidbit where you would steal my daylight ring at the thought of undaggering a sibling. For good measure." I brush past him.

"You reek of alcohol." 

"That's my natural odor." I pour myself a bourbon and take a sip. "Single malt, 1918. My favorite." I go up to my room and pack my large purse with clean clothes, a bottle of tequila, money, toothbrush, the essentials, really. "I'm staying with Matt Donovan tonight. He needs protection. I'm going to help him out because his hand is broken." I explain when I feel Nik's presence behind me, standing in the doorway.

"Why?"

"Because I actually have a heart." I smirk, turning to face him and he rolls his eyes. "I'll be back tomorrow morning." I shrug.

"How long are you here for?"

"I leave really late tomorrow night." I flip my hair over and tie it up into a ponytail. 

"What time shall I pick you up from Matt Donovan's?"

"Well, I'm feeding him the second he gets off work, at 4, and it takes like twelve hours to get out of your system, so if you really want to spend every waking moment of tomorrow with me, you can pick me up outside his house at 6."

"Why the two hour delay?"

"Because, dear Niklaus, I like to sleep. I thought you would've known that by now." I walk past him, my purse in my hand as I get ready to go. I pack a tiny cooler and put two blood bags in, just incase I get hungry, and when I'm heading out the door, Niklaus stops me.

"Where are you going? It's only 3:30."

"I'm walking. I want to get to know the town, if you plan on staying here, I'll have to visit every once in a while."

"Alright." He nods. "I'll call you tonight. I wanted to talk to you today, but a phone call will suffice. Maybe I'll toss rocks up to the quarterback's window and serenade you."

"Oh god, no singing, please." I pat his shoulder, and he pouts.

"You loved my singing in the 20's."

"I was drunk every waking moment of the 20's. You daggered Rebekah and I didn't know what to do with myself." I quirk an eyebrow.

"Can you come here for dinner? Bring the Donovan. Better yet- lock him in a basement. Nothing bad could happen in a basement."

"A lot of bad could happen in a basement. Didn't you get body switched in a basement?"

"It was a loft." He points at me. "Bring Donovan." He nods. "I'll be nice."

"It's fine." I shake my head. "I'll talk to you later, and we can spend all day together tomorrow." I kiss his cheek, and walk out the door, and I wander my way through Mystic Falls, only half listening to the directions Google Maps is giving me. Once I do see the Mystic Grill, though, I sprint there, because it's 4:01.  

"Hi." Matt smiles. 

"Hey!" I smile back. "Get used to this face, because it's one of the only one's you'll see for the next 24 hours." 

"No pizza guy?"

"Me and a pizza guy." I nod. "Maybe Jeremy, if you want him around."

"Nah, I want to get to know you."

"What a guy." I smile. "Here." I bite my wrist and feed him, and he takes a few mouthfuls of my blood. "Where do you live?" I put him on my back. 

"God, you're strong."  He says, and tells me his address. "I'll give you directions on when to turn and stuff." He says and I sprint away from the back entrance of Mystic Grill. 

We get to his house and after being allowed in, I make myself at home. 

"Hey, if you don't want pizza, I can cook. I'm old Italian woman. I love cooking." 

"Really?"

"I can make pasta. With fresh sauce." 

"Now, that sounds good."

"I'll have Elijah go shopping for me." I say, and call him. "Hey bro, can you go shopping for me? I'm going to cook Donovan dinner."

"Did you just call me bro?" Elijah asks with a laugh.

"Yes, I did." I laugh. "Will you?"

"Yes, what do you need?"

"Can of tomato puree, one of those tiny ones, two cans of crushed tomato," I look in his fridge and only find alcohol and some ranch dressing. "A head of garlic, a medium sized red onion, red pepper flakes, two boxes of spaghetti, salt and pepper," I look in the cabinets. "How do you eat, Matt?"

"I eat out, for the most part. Sometimes I buy frozen."

"You don't cook at all?" He shakes his head. "I'll need to cook you a lot of stuff. I'll get more food tomorrow, freeze some stuff that you can heat up."

"Hello?" Elijah asks on the phone. 

"Right, I need some olive oil too. And basil. Ooh and mozzarella and parmesan. And some fresh tomatoes. And Italian bread."

"Can I stay for dinner? This sounds delightful."

"That's up to Matt. I'll see you in a little bit, 'Lijah." I smile, and hang up. "He wanted to know if he could stay for dinner. He really is a nice guy. The nicest of the Original brothers. I promise." 

"Really? You really promise?"

"Yes." I nod. "And he'll probably give his word that to keep you safe as well." I nod. "It's the best I can do. And he keeps his word, you know? He's a really good guy."

"He can come in then."

"He cooks too." I smile. "He's the nicest one of all of them."

I sit down and wait for Elijah to call me back. He'll probably need an address, or directions. I chat with Matt for a while, and what feels like five minutes later, there's a knock on the door.

"I tracked you." Elijah smiles, holding two reusable grocery bags. "May I come in, Matt?"

"Do you promise to not kill me?"

"Yes. I give my word. I'll leave after dinner."

Elijah and I cook dinner, while Matt makes drinks for us. 

"I should've gotten some wine. Would've gone great with this food." Elijah says, and I nod.

I have a good, normal night here. It's like the nights Luke and I have when I cook and he chooses several movies for us to watch.

"What's your favorite movie, Elijah?" I ask, dipping my bread in sauce. 

"I quite like Scarface."

"Really? I pinned you as a comedy guy."

"I love Scarface."

"What about you, Matt?"

"Forrest Gump. What about you?"

"Godfather. One and two. I fucking loved that shit. Ooh! And Fight Club. And Adventureland. One of those sad happy movies."

"I didn't picture you as a movie fan, Vi." Elijah says, and I shrug. 

"I needed something to fill my time over the years. Compelled myself into premieres, met the stars. Fucked Johnny Depp in '95." I point my fork at Matt. "Good in the sack." Elijah rolls his eyes. 

"You did not have sex with Johnny Depp." Elijah shakes his head.

"I've been waiting seventeen years for someone to say that to me." I go to my purse, and take out the pictures I've had in my purse for seventeen years, and hand them to him. There are several pictures. Some of Johnny and I kissing, because he thought we would be a thing, or something, I'm not sure, some of us naked in bed the next morning, and one of him eating breakfast the next morning. "Still don't believe me?"

"I'm impressed." Matt nods, and I tip my imaginary hat.

We spend the night talking about my celebrity escapades, and we watch Fight Club, because Matt's sister liked it and had is on DVD. Elijah leaves around 12, saying that it would be suspicious if he wasn't home. I bid him a goodnight, and then head to the guest room, where I'll be sleeping for the night.

"Yes, Niklaus?" I answer his call.

"How was your dinner?"

"Good." I respond, and lay down in my bed.

"Where's his house? I want to see you."

"Track me down, that's what Elijah did earlier."

"Elijah was at your dinner-" I hear a door slam. "You were at dinner with Violetta and Matt?"

"Yes, we had a good meal. She was like a normal human, Niklaus it was astonishing. She cooked for Matt and I, and it was an incredible meal. She has a complex personality, and you need to get to know her again, because she has changed since you two ended things."

"Aw!" I scream. "Elijah Mikaelson! You cute bastard!"

"You didn't tell me she was on the phone." He groans. "I'm never going to hear the end of it."

"Can you tell me where the house is? I want to have a talk with her."

"Yes. Violetta, tell Matt that he's coming." Elijah says, and I hang up the phone and go to Matt's room, knocking on the door. 

"Niklaus is coming over. If that's okay. We're just going to sit on the porch."

"That's fine." He nods. "Don't do the dirty out there though. I have neighbors."

"I wouldn't dream of it." I smile, and make some coffee, spiking it with some Bailey's Matt had in the fridge, and I go outside and wait for Niklaus to arrive.

"Waiting for me with coffee." He smiles, walking up to the house.

"Spiked coffee." I hand him a cup and curl up under myself in the arm chair I'm occupying.

"The best coffee." He takes a sip. "Tell me." I look at him and quirk an eyebrow. "Why Kol?"

"Not this again." I groan. "Nik, I was drunk. Worse. I was drunk and with Kol. You know what I'm like with Kol, I get reckless and I don't think about my actions. He's my personified humanity switch." 

"When you flip your switch you become a bisexual maniac."

"I'm always a bisexual maniac, it just tends to come out more when I'm without my humanity." His head falls as he laughs.

"You're too much, Vi." He laughs. "Come here. Sit with me." He adjusts himself in his armchair and I narrow my eyes at him. "Nothing bad will come from me wanting to hold you."

"Whatever you say, Niklaus." I say, and clamber into his lap, and he holds me. That's all that happens, but goddamn does it feel good to be back in his arms. 

The following day is spent with the Mikaelson siblings, mostly Nik, but I don't mind. We just spend time together, and that's all that matters to me. He's my best friend, and although I believe that he wishes we could be more than that again, we just can't right now. I live in San Francisco, and he lives in Mystic Falls, we're on opposite ends of the country and it just wouldn't work out right now. 

"Oh, don't go!" Rebekah hugs me. "Seriously, don't leave me. I'll compel you a whole wardrobe."

"I have a job. I need to go make some money so I can go to Italy with my friend Luke. And we're going to get a dog, so we need money for that." I hug her. "I'll visit. Soon, I promise." I hug Kol. "Bye, mate." I smile.

"Bye, babe." He hugs me, rocking us back and forth. "I need your number, too." He holds his phone out and I give him my number. "I'll call you." He smiles.

"Bye, 'Lijah." I hug my suited bestie.

"Goodbye, Vi."

"You called me Vi." I whisper, hugging him. "I love when you call me Vi."

"I'll keep in touch, to the best of my ability." He says and I nod.

"Don't dagger him." I whisper to Nik as I hug him tight. "Where are Esther and Finn?"

"They tried some shit and ran off. We're not talking about them, we're talking about you leaving." He holds my neck. "I'll be driving you to the airport, love." He says, and I nod.

"I need to say goodbye to the Salvatore's. Not Elena, I don't like her. I'll say goodbye to Caroline. I'd like to have a word with her as well."

"You'll kill her."

"I will. She's a bitch to you, Nik. You like her."

"You're not going to talk to her. At all."

"Whatever. Take me to the Salvatore's." I hug each of the siblings one last time and head towards the door. "Love you guys."

"Love you, Vi." The three of them say together, and I smile and leave the house, Niklaus following behind me.

I didn't think my two day trip to Mystic Falls would be emotional. I didn't think that I would see the Salvatore's. I definitely didn't think that I would have sex, especially with Kol. I didn't think that I would make friends with a human, of all people. My goodbye with Matt Donovan was the saddest, I think. On second thought, that wasn't the saddest one, my one with Niklaus was the saddest.

"Don't leave me." He whispers into my hair as I hug him. 

"I have to, Nik, you know that."

"But I love you, Vi."

"Find happiness elsewhere, for right now at least. I'll see you soon, okay?" I smile, and kiss his cheeks. "I'll see you soon, my Niklaus." I smile, and kiss his forehead. 

"Soon." He nods. 

"Bye, love." I smile, and head into the airport.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 624 60
Slow updates Rebekah × oc
402K 8.6K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
50.9K 802 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
220K 6.8K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...