Head over Stilettos for my bo...

By HakunaMatata00

Maxine Rivers has a rule: 'Never mix business with pleasure'. It's a rule that she's followed her entire life... More

Head over Stilettos for my boss...
Chapter 2 :)
Chapter 3! :)
Chapter 4...
Chapter Five! :)
Chapter Six!
Chapter Eight!
Chapter Number Nine!
Chapter Ten!
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Number Twelve
Chapter Thirteen!
Chapter Fourteen :)
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen!
Chapter Eighteen!
Chapter Number Nineteen
Chapter Twenty!
Chapter Twenty-One :D
Chapter Twenty-Two...!
Chapted Twenty-Threeee
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five!
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven :)
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One :)
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Seven......

48.3K 1K 22
By HakunaMatata00

Hiiiii guys :) I was in a really good mood so I decided to upload early. If you would like to know why I am so happy concerning this story, please read on. If not, please skip this part. 

This story is now in the top #100. So I just want to thank all of you who read and vote and comment. Thank you sooooooooo much. It's means a lot :D Please let's keep voting and reading and commenting so this story can stay in the top #100. Anyway, enjoy reading!

Debbie x (HakunaMatata00)

CHAPTER 7

MAXINE’S POV

When I got back to my office, the following day, I was a little cranky. I hadn’t been able to sleep at all. And then when sleep finally decided to visit me, my alarm had started playing ‘Hello Good Morning’, by P.Diddy. Needless to say, nothing could get me into a good mood this morning. Every single person I had walked past on the way here, had scowled at me because I had scowled at them.

As I walked into the office, I was instantly hit by the smell of too much cologne. Anthony Evans was in the building ladies and gentlemen.

This day just kept getting better and better.

I didn’t even go to the kitchen to get my daily morning cup of coffee, I simply went straight to my office to begin on my day’s work and keep to myself in the progress so that I wouldn’t snap at anyone during the course of the day.

I reached my office in record time that even the lift couldn’t match.

‘Hm, I thought I heard the sound of sexy heels coming up the stairs, and look who I see standing before me. If it isn’t Miss Maxine ‘fine’ Rivers herself?’ Tony smiled broadly.

I sidestepped him, walked into my office, shut the door, locked it and sat down to begin my work.

I was just booting up my computer when there was a loud knock on my door. Thinking it was Anthony, I unlocked the door quickly and opened it shouting:

‘What?’

There stood a dazed Louise looking at me like I was a lion in the middle of her living room.

‘My goodness, who’s got you all riled up like this? She questioned worriedly.

I calmed down and apologized before sitting down again on my chair and relaxing against it.

‘No one. I just had a bad night that’s all.’

‘Well that’s what happens when you don’t have fun with your boss.’ Louise smiled mischievously.

I felt like shouting at her and asking whether or not  she was so stupid that I had to repeat my rule over and over to her every time I saw her. But instead, I said:

‘I don’t want to have fun with my boss. I work with my boss.’

‘You really need to sleep.’ She said, walking over to my side of the table and running her hands through my hair.

‘I know. But I have to work so I can’t. And to make it worse, Anthony Evans is in the building.’ I said in a fake cheerful voice.

‘Say what now?’ Louise shouted.

‘You heard me. He’s in the building. I can’t tell you why, but let’s say you might just see him on television if things get bad.’ I sighed.

‘Whoah, that big huh?’

I simply nodded.

There was a light knock on my door and John poked his head through the door.

‘Today’s Friday in case you’ve forgotten. My office now please.’

I groaned as soon as I heard him shut the door again and turned to Louise.

She raised her eyebrows as if to ask what was going on.  I simply waved my hands and walked to John’s office to find Anthony sitting comfortably on the chair with one leg foot crossed over to meet his knee.

‘Well if it isn’t Maxine? Big top lawyer now are we?’ he smiled

I simply ignored him and carried on standing in front of the door.

‘Maxine, come here and sit next to me. Grab a chair or something.’ John said as he pulled out the folder that I was guessing contained all the details concerning this case. I don’t know why, but suddenly I felt slightly neglected. I guess I must have liked John’s attention because now that he wasn’t focusing on me but was instead being the lawyer in action that he was, I felt a bit pushed away. Anyway, I took a chair and pulled up next to him, enjoying the warmth that his body was giving off.

‘I’ve been told that you two are acquainted with each other, but for the times in which we meet, I want there to be a professional atmosphere please.’ John said still not looking up, but instead looking through the case of Anthony Evans.

It was quite a big case meaning that there must have been a lot of evidence, statements and meetings as well as bills.

I looked up from John’s flipping through the folder straight to Anthony staring straight at me.

‘Mr Evans, I would appreciate it if you would stop staring at me in that manner.’ I stated.

Instantly, John looked up and stared at Anthony.

‘Mr Evans, I believe I made an important point earlier that we were to maintain a professional atmosphere during the meeting.’

‘Has the meeting begun? You’re still looking at stuff. I think I have the right to look at my girlfriend.’

I nearly choked on my saliva when he said the world ‘girlfriend’, but thankfully I didn’t.

‘I’m not going to tell you again Anthony. I am not your girlfriend! Get that through your thick skull.’

Seconds later, there was a light pressure on my knee and my body turned its heat up just a little bit.

‘Calm down.’ John whispered simultaneously moving his hand up and down my knee.

I shook my head slowly and for some reason stroked his hand on my knee.

John froze at that action and I could see his whole body becoming a stone before me.

‘John?’ I asked. Looking at him with worried eyes. Why had he frozen? Were my hands cold? Had I hurt him or something?

‘Mr Evans, I’m sorry but could you excuse Miss Rivers and I for a moment?’ John said in a calm demeanour, all the while still frozen, apart from the movement of his lips.

Anthony slowly got up without question nor statement, walked outside of the room and closed the door behind him.

A nanosecond later, John pulled me to him in a rush and smashed his lips against mine. I didn’t even wait for instruction, I simply pulled him closer, enjoying the feel of his body against me separated only by the comfort of chairs. As if he read my mind about the chairs, John lifted me up out of my seat and positioned me so that my legs were wrapped around him. Something about the way that he carried me so effortlessly made me hot all over. How sexy was that? That John could carry me like I was nothing. I kissed him like there was no tomorrow, trying to taste every inch of those gorgeous lips, trying to leave my mark as the kiss of his  life, trying to show him just how much I had been waiting for this kiss even though I shouldn’t have been.

I shouldn’t.

I shouldn’t.

I pulled away quickly.

‘No no  no no no, keep going. Kiss me Maxine. Just one more time.’ He pleaded.

I should have said no. I really should have. I should have gotten up from his lap, pulled myself together and walked straight into my office without a backward glance and stayed there.

But I didn’t.

Instead I pulled John to me slowly, making love to his lips and showing him how much I was attracted to him. I bit and sucked and licked, tasting every inch of his delicious mouth until I felt something harden underneath me. Something big. I gave him one last pack, got up, pulled myself together and walked right out of the office.

‘What was going on in there?’ Anthony questioned, coming out of nowhere and bursting my bubble of happiness.

‘None of your business. I think Mr Grays should be able to see you now.’ I smiled.

I grabbed my purse from my bag and strutted down to the Chinese restaurant to eat some food as well as think.

For forty minutes, I thought. I berated myself for kissing him. Although it was the best kiss of my life, it was also a bad mistake. I was meant to be separating business from pleasure, and here I was, kissing my boss until his little man, or in this case big man, showed his appreciation and decided to make his presence known. If my dad could see me now, he would probably shout at me. I had been warned about the calamities of dating your own colleague, whether it be boss or secretary. I shouldn’t be doing this.

I picked through my curry little by little until the plate was empty and I was full and all thought out.

I concluded at the end of my lunchtime that I had to ignore John. Even though he was the best lip locker in the entire universe, I had to keep away from him. He wasn’t good for me. Even though he made me feel things that I wasn’t meant to be feeling towards my very own sexy boss, I had to stay away. It was for my own good.

So when I walked into my office, I was clearly shocked to see John sitting very comfortably against my desk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 12.2K 29
For a mature audience ONLY. Read book one 'Jasper's Claim' first, to avoid spoilers. Having escaped from the clutches of her stepfather, and witnesse...
4.4K 75 32
Rule #1 - No catching Feelings
66.1K 2.5K 10
A steamy boss-employee new adult romance. . . Brooke Masters, in need of a job, agrees to interview at the city's top nightclub. Her game plan? Make...
807K 33.1K 44
They say never Mix Business with Pleasure. Both Candice and her Boss Samuel Peters strongly believed that until one lustful moment shared caused them...