Proving You Wrong

Oleh Laklynn_Hanlon

[Completed] "Sometimes we question the choices that take us to the places we end up. How did we get to where... Lebih Banyak

Intro
Chapter One: A New Start
Chapter Two: One Terrific Night
Chapter Three: The Following Days
Chapter Four: Propositions
Chapter Five: Requests
Chapter Six: Outside Perspectives
Chapter Seven: A New Façade
Chapter Eight: First Kiss
Chapter Nine: Secrets In the Open
Chapter Ten: Getting Closer
Needed to Say
Chapter Eleven: Another Opportunity
Chapter Twelve: A Night For The Books
Chapter Thirteen: Let Me Explain
Chapter Fourteen: Unexpected Happiness
Chapter Fifteen: The Night After
Chapter Sixteen: Last Day of Freedom
Chapter Seventeen: Its Complicated
Chapter Eighteen: Complete Preparation
Chapter Nineteen: May I?
Chapter Twenty: Tell me
Chapter Twenty One: Good To Know
Chapter Twenty Two: Sweet Treats
Chapter Twenty Four: Into the Darkness
Chapter Twenty Five: An Even Darker Disposition
Chapter Twenty Six: A New Point of View
Chapter Twenty Seven: The End of One, the Start of Another
Book #2 is out!

Chapter Twenty Three: Wanting More

3.5K 134 21
Oleh Laklynn_Hanlon

~Kaden's POV~

"What do you mean she ate one of the brownies?"

"I mean exactly what I said. She ate one of the freaking brownies!!"

Pondering on what to do, I ran my hand through my hair, tugging a little when I got to the ends. We probably don't have long till the effects kick in, so it'd probably be best to leave the party.

"Okay, just throw the brownies in the trash and if there are anymore missing you won't live to see age 16. I counted them!" Turning back around I faced Faith's confused face. "He just wanted to know if he could hide a few of the sweets in my room so he can have some after everyone leaves. Speaking of leaving why don't we go back to your house. Let's get away from all of these lower-class-men. All of us."

"Why? I thought we should be here to watch over his birthday party," she questioned.

"My mom's here everything will be alright. After all, what damage can a few fourteen and fifteen year olds do?" More than you'd think.

"I guess we can leave. Before we do though, I want to just say bye to Jordan."

"He's busy right now, you can see him tomorrow if you like. Let's get out of here."

Jesus. I practically had to push her out of the damn house. We all went back to her place with very little conversation on the short walk. After managing to convince her to go up stairs to change into something more comfortable and preferably skimpier, the guys stated to ask questions.

"Dude, what's going on?" Logan asked.

"Yeah, you practically told her she couldn't be at the party." Shane continued.

I ran my hands over my face with a huff and plopped down on the couch. "Okay," I started. "Last night I caught Jordan sneaking in with a plate of brownies, which wouldn't have irked me if he wasn't a teenage boy. I confiscated them and after eating one, I soon realized they were loaded with pot and he got an obnoxious lecture from me. They were still sitting in my room and she found them while looking for me earlier. According to Jordan, one is missing and he says Faith ate one thinking it was a regular brownie."

"You've had your fair share of weed. Why'd you yell at him about it?"

"I don't want him to be like me. I get that it may be hypocritical, but I want him to have a good future."

"I got ya, but are you sure he didn't eat one and just told you Faith did?"

"I wouldn't put it past him, but I trust him. Plus she's just so naive that I wouldn't doubt an accident like this would happen."

Thud.
Giggle.
Crash.
Wheeze.
Giggle.

Oh shit. Stumbling down stairs, came Faith, laughing her ass off. "Whatcha doin there?" Unsteadily making her way towards me, she eventually sits on my lap with one leg on either side, facing me. 

"I'm bored. Let's do something fun!"

"And what did you have in mind?" I asked, amused.

"I don't know, I thought you knew how to show a girl a good time." While biting her lip I could tell what she meant by that. She then decided to bring herself closer and start slightly rubbing herself against me.

"Maybe another night. How about we go to bed instead. Except it's just you in the bed. Alone.  And I'll stay down here making sure the guys don't feel lonely."

"Don't be such a party pooper Kade, they can join in on the fun!" She jumped up pulling me to the kitchen by the hand.

"Yeah Kade, don't be such a party pooper." Logan jumped in. I just about fucking smacked him.

"There will be no fun that you can enjoy going on here you horny little bastard."

Logan and Shane followed us into the kitchen and watched with me as Faith raided the cabinets. She claimed she was hungry and took out just about every junk food they had in the house. Damn munchies hit her bad. One second she was eating a spoonful of peanut butter and the next shoveling sugar into her mouth.

Soon we heard a gasp erupt from her mouth. "You know what sounds good? Spaghetti!"

"I think you've had enough to eat tonight." Shane stated, trying to get her to sit down. Of course, as soon as we tried to get her to sit, she had something else in mind. She bolted across the room and around the corner. She's making this difficult. Can't she just be one of the chill stoners? It's like the weed amplified her energy. Logan and Shane darted after her, not knowing where she went. I stood in place as they chased her around the house, failing to catch her. They're barely trying, they could easily catch her.

"A little help dude? She's you're girlfriend after all." Shane grunted.

Just then she scurried back into the room and stood on one of the counters reaching for something in a high shelf. The spaghetti. She's not even short. I bet she could've reached it standing on the ground.

"You know, I think squirrels really love spaghetti. There's really nothing to suggest that this is true, but I believe they do. I mean, squirrels, spaghetti, it just makes sense..." I could visibly see her unsteadiness and acted on quick whim. Her foot stepped on the corner causing her to tumble down off the counter, hurdling towards the ground, but instead landing in my arms. "That being said," she spoke much more softly, "I love you as much as I think squirrels love spaghetti." She wrapped her arms around my neck and quickly kissed my nose.

"As cute as that is, we need to get you to bed," I stated placing her back on her feet. How idiotic could I be? Of course she'd dash as soon as I put her down. "Do you think Cristian keeps any chloroform here?"

"Dude?!?" Shane shouted, kind of, but not so shocked.

"What?"

"You can't just chloroform everyone. Especially since it's your girlfriend, and your best friend's sister. He'd want to kill you more than he already does."

"Well I'm already dead after he finds out about this, so might as well go out with a bang."

"Whatever dude, I'll go find Logan and Faith you call Lexi and figure out if she knows how to get Faith to calm down or sleep or something!" He reached his phone out to me so I could call Lexi and mutter how big of a dumbass I am before walking off.

Shane, what's up? Why are you calling so late?

Lexi? This is Kaden. So, um, I honestly don't know how to explain my predicament without just putting it bluntly.

Then do so.

I got Faith high.

You did what?!??

Okay, before you go all Lexi and yell and whatever you do, listen to me. My brother had pot brownies that I confiscated and Faith inevitably found them and here we are.

What do I even say to that? So why'd you call me?

Instead of being calm and chill like the rest of when we're high she's so fucking hyper and won't stop running around the entire fucking house. We don't know how to get her to go to bed.

Did you tell her not to, or that she couldn't do something? She always does the opposite just to piss people off and show them that she can do whatever she wants. As for getting her to calm down, I doubt you can and you're probably just going to have to wait till the effects wear off, but you can try to get her to sing or listen to music or something along those lines.

Thanks, I'll try that, bye. I rushed upstairs assuming that's where they all went and checked all the rooms on the way to hers. What I saw was probably the most entertaining thing I've ever seen. Shane sat on her bed with this arms and legs wrapped around Faith, anchoring her to the bed. Wrapped in the comforter on the ground laid Chase. Unrolling himself and getting off the floor hastily, he tried to convince me she only got him because it was a surprise attack. Whatever helps him sleep at night. As for Shane, it was the only way he knew to hold her without manhandling her.

Keeping my composure, I managed to ask, "What the hell is going on?"

"This bitch bit me when I tried to help Chase calm her down." He explained exasperatedly.

"Excuse me, but you were trying to grab me and I don't take well to being man handled by two gross, funny looking giants. Why are you so strong?!?" She struggled against Shane's hand with out being able to escape. "Kaden help meeeeeeeeeee. They're being meanies."

"How about a deal?"

"Isn't that what got me into this mess in the first place?" She pouted.

"No, that was a bet, now listen. Shane will let you go if you promise to go to bed."

"Noooooooo that's boring."

"What if we played some music first?"

"Deal!!" I nodded to Shane and he dropped his arms and legs from around her. She stood up with a big huff. "You know, you didn't need to hold on to me so tight. I like couldn't breathe." She gave a pointed look towards Shane who was leaning back on her bed. We heard a door slam from down stairs and she squealed out Christian's name and ran all the way down stairs to greet him.

Fuck.

Sauntering down the steps, as to not tip Christian off that there is a major problem, I watched faith practically attack Christian in the foyer. She jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around him in a giant bear hug.

"Chrissy, I missed youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!"

"Um, I missed you too Faith, but I was only gone a few hours... You seem really happy." He stated questioningly.

"I'm just so happy! I feel absolutely amazing and I wanted to show you that I love you!" She squeezed a little harder then hopped of him and once again fled the area without me knowing where she was. After she left Christian stared at me for a second and I knew he had caught on to her weird behavior. I'm so fucking screwed.

"Why was she in such a good mood?"

"I don't know, I guess having sex with me just does that to women."

"Oh get over yourself Amante. My baby sis would never stoop so low as to fuck you."

"Hmmmm what ever you say.." I winked and left the room with my hands tucked in my pockets. Where the hell is she this time?

Eventually I found her in a room filled with musical instruments. Drums, guitars, keyboards, enough to create a band. Dancing around the room to her own purposely terrible singing, she was beginning to become a problem I didn't want to deal with. I'm tired of being nice and chasing her around the house. So instead of asking, I ducked my head down and picked her up over my shoulder and began carrying her upstairs. After struggling for a few moments she gave in and started giggling out of the blue.

"Woah, Kaden have you been working out? You gotta nice butt." After not hearing answer an answer from me, I feel a faint, but sharp pain through my shorts causing me to jump a tad. I almost dropped her and slipped down the stairs. "Firm too."

"Did you just pinch my ass?"

"Now mister, you know how I feel about your cussing."

Where the fuck did this Faith come from? Safely making it upstairs and back into her room I eased her back onto her bed that Shane was no longer on. Who even knows where he and Chase went. For once she didn't try to run away. I was going to leave and shut her door before her voice beaconed out to me, asking me to stay and lay with her for a little bit.

Unfortunately she changed in the bathroom so I couldn't see, but settled into bed along side of me when she was done. At first she was on the complete opposite side staring up at the ceiling while I laid on my side watching her, but then turned to look at me. "You know... I want more than this."

"More than what?"

"This-this game. I want a real us. Not that I would ever tell you that because then I'd lose the game. I mean, I'm not even sure if I like you like that, but I want to try having a real relationship between us. Wether it be friends or dating doesn't matter to me. You make me feel safe and that's something I haven't felt in a long time." She finished, rolling onto her other side, facing away from me.

What do I say to that? She doesn't know what she's saying. She's high. I doubt she actually means that. She's made it clear she'd rather have my balls on a Shish kebab than be with me, and I doubt her brother would let a real relationship happen between us.

"Okay Faith I think it's time for you to go to sleep. I'll come back and check on you in the morning." Pressing my lips gently to her forehead, I left without another word.

I caught Shane and Chase downstairs with Christian and talked about some business until he wanted to go check on Faith. The guys had told him about what happened and he surprisingly wasn't mad, but just wanted to make sure she was alright. When coming back his face was confused and conflicted, "Do you guys know where Faith is? She's not in her room."

"What? She was in there a few minutes ago. When I left she was practically asleep." I charged up the stairs in a hurry and sure enough the tousled covers laid on the bed without her in them. The curtains caught my eye, flailing with the warm breeze. Holy shit. The window wasn't open when I was in here last.

"Holy fucking shit. God save me."

"What is it?" Chase questioned from behind me. I turned to face him, Shane, and Christian. My jaw clenched before I could speak and I had a hard time choking out the words and once I said them, I regretted them. I regretted leaving her alone. I fucking should've stayed.

"She's gone."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

59.4K 1.8K 20
"Let's make a bet," I said. "What is it?" he asked. "That was very fun. And I feel like we'll do it again," I started. "We date each other and we can...
388K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...
61.8K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
310K 9.6K 29
COMPLETED, CURRENTLY EDITING/PARTIALLY REWRITING (please excuse the mess. Some of the plot is being changed so there might be a few areas that get co...