Potter

By lillyanbrooks

Lily Potter is an average 15 year old living in the United States in 2011. When magic upheaves her life and d... More

Potter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapterlette 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27(Alternate)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33(FINALLY)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Epilogue: Part 1/7
Epilogue : Part 2/7
Epilogue : Part 3/7
Epilogue : Part 4/7
Epilogue : Part 5/7
Epilogue : Part 6/7
Epilogue : Part 7/7

Chapter 6

141K 4.9K 10K
By lillyanbrooks

CHAPTER 6

Ice Skating and Diadems 

I woke up the next morning around seven. Stretching, I pulled on a skirt, along with the rest of the Hogwart's Gryffindor uniform. Throwing on some knee socks and uggs, I let my hair fall down my back, pulling it over my robe.

Looking into the mirror, I studied my outfit closely. In the uniform, I looked more like Lily Evans Potter then I thought. While we didn’t have the same nose or hair, we both had heart-shaped faces and bright green eyes. All I needed to do was dye my hair red, and Snape would have a heart attack. Tempting.

Walking downstairs, I walked out of the common room, wand placed safely in my shoes.  Sneaking into the Great Hall, I was relieved to see that food was already on the table, and that I wasn’t the first one there. Cho Chang and Marietta sat at the Ravenclaw table, while Susan Bones sat at the Hufflepuff table with Ernie Macmillan. Draco, Blaise and Pansy were all at the Slytherin table, and the Gryffindor table was empty, except for Fred and George. Walking over, I sat down across from them.

“Morning.” I greeted, reaching out and grabbing an apple, inspection it before taking a bite. Fred and George grinned, holding out a plate of custards toward me.

“Want one?”

“What, so I turn into an over grown bird? Eat them yourself.” I suggested, and Fred nodded.

“Good idea. You coming to watch the quidditch this week?” Fred asked, and I grinned.

“Of course. Couldn’t miss watching the second best beaters Hogwarts ever had.”

“Second? Who was first?”

“Sirius Black and Fabian Prewett.” I grinned, remembering some of the photos Sirius had shown me, including one of Sirius launching himself into the air just to hit a bludger that almost hit James. Gryffindor won that match, but Sirius was in the Hospital Wing for a while. Can you say determined?

“Wicked.” Fred and George chorused, and I nodded, digging into some oatmeal.

“So, how is everything coming along?” I asked, and Fred  and George took out a piece of red and blue fudge, laying it on the table.

“Fever Fudge.” Fred said.

”You eat the red,”

“You catch a fever,”

“Eat the blue,”

“It goes away.” Fred and George finished together. I nodded.

“Brilliant. Any chance I could use that to get out of D.A.D.A tomorrow?” I asked, and Fred and George shook there heads. We still had one day left of Christmas break, and I planned to spend day the best I could.

“We’d love to give it to you, being you one of our best sponsors, but this is the first copy.” Fred explained, and I nodded.

“Eh, I probably shouldn’t miss the first day anyway. Lemme know when they’re available though.” I grinned, and George nodded.

“Of course.”

“Thanks. Oh, Hi Harry.” I greeted, and Harry walked over, sitting down next to me.

“Morning Lily. Fred, George.” Harry said, and Fred and George exchanged glances.

“So, we heard your little argument last night.” 

“Oh. That.” I grinned, and Fred nodded.

“What was it about? We only caught a few things.”

“Er, nothing, nothing at all. Why do you ask?” Harry grimaced, and George rolled his eyes.

“Sure, sure. What, did Lily and James Potter take over you last night?” 

Everyone knew about Lily and James’s story, how she had gone from hating him to marrying him, and their fights were famous. The fact that once again there was a green eyed girl and messy-haired boy fighting downstairs, with the last name Potter no less, was now making it possible for everyone to relieve that legend.

“We were wondering that ourselves.” Harry grinned, and I nodded. I was about to say something when a voice came from behind us.

“Hi Harry.” Cho Chang greeted, and I saw Harry’s head whip up, his face smiling.

“Hi Cho.” He returned as Cho walked away, waving. I rolled my eyes and snorted.

“What?” Harry asked, turning back towards me. I shrugged.

“She just kinda bugs me, she’s so....” I trailed off, not finishing my sentence because of the glare Harry was giving me.

“Ok! Fine, I would mention anything.. hey, here comes Professor Snape.” I pointed out as Snape walked down the column in-between the tables, his robes billowing behind him. He looked at me for a moment and his eyes widened. I waved, smiling the same way I had seen Lily smile in a picture Sirius had. I swear, Snape’s eyes were now covering half his face as he took his seat at the head table.

Turning back to my food, I continued eating, ignoring him. Once I was done, I stood up and met with Draco, and we walked outside, the fresh morning air surrounding us.

“How’d you sleep last night?” I asked, and Draco shrugged.

“I slept ok. There’s been better nights, but..” He trailed off, and I nodded. Draco turned to me, a smile playing on his lips.

“So, did Scar-head find out you were with me last night?”

I nodded. “Um yeah. He wasn’t to happy about it either, we had a yelling match in the common room to rival James and Lily’s.” I laughed, and Draco nodded, looking out at the lake, his eyes somewhere else. 

We sat down at the base of the tree, looking out in the water.

“What you thinking about?” I asked, and Draco shrugged.

“Stuff.”

“Ah. So, what’s your favorite color?” I asked, and Draco sneered for a moment, before blinking, the sneer falling off his face, replaced by thoughtfulness.

“Don’t be surprised, but I like the color green, or blue. Usually a bright green.” He muttered, and I smiled.

“Personally I like dark green and dark red, maybe a pale pink.” I said, and Draco nodded.

“Interesting. I never saw you as a girl who would be into pink. Maybe your housemates Brown, or Patil, but not you.” He trailed off, and I nodded. 

“I wish I could go swimming.” I sighed, and Draco turned to me.

“Why on earth would you want to do that?”

“Because I haven’t been swimming for awhile. But it would be impossible at the moment, with the ice frozen and all.” I said, before a thought popped into my head. 

“Hey Draco, you want to go ice skating?”

“Isn’t that a muggle sport?” He asked, distain in his voice. I rolled my eyes, standing up and jerking him up with me.

“Come on, pure-blood. You’ll have fun.” I grinned, pulling him towards the ice. Draco just rolled his eyes and followed me, until we were standing at the brink of the lake. I threw a large rock out onto the ice, and nothing broke, so I hoped it would keep us from falling in.

“It’s fine. Come on.” I said, stepping onto the ice. After a few steps I started gliding, moving my feet like I would do if I was wearing ice skates. After a few minutes I skated over to Draco, who was eyeing the ice warily.

“Come on, it’s not going to hurt you. Just get on the ice, Draco.” I sighed, and Draco nodded, placing a foot on the ice, then a second before he was walking over towards me, gaining speed. Finally he was standing next to me.

“See, it’s not that hard? Now come on.” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him along with me. We skated around, laughing when a grindylow tried to attack us, but he hit the ice instead. After a good few minutes I fell over on my back.

“Oof!” I grunted, and Draco helped me up.

“Are you ok?” He asked, worry evident in his face before he covered it up again. I grinned, rubbing my back.

“Ya, I’m fine. I’m soaked though, now.” I sighed, my arms turning blue. Draco pulled off his scarf and wrapped it around my shoulders. I grinned as we walked up hill, simply enjoying each others company. 

“Oh, what would Scar-head say?” I asked, and Draco smirked.

“Yes, what would Scar-head say?” A voice from behind me asked, and I groaned, turning around to see my cousin standing there with his arms crossed.

“Can we talk, please Lily dear?” Harry asked, and I rolled my eyes, handing the scarf back to Draco. I smiled at him apologetically before turning back to Harry, no emotions crossing my face.

“What is it?” I sighed, as Draco waved and walked back up the hill. Harry turned to me.

“Are you kidding me? Did you see you two? And him, giving you his scarf! He’s probably just using you to get to me.” Harry accused, and I rolled my eyes.

“He was being a gentleman, Harry. I was cold, I’ve been ice skating in a skirt!” 

“Ya, sure. You're wearing something under that skirt, right? Because you should, like tights or something.”

“Harry!” I cried, shoving him playfully as we walked up the hill. Harry rolled his eyes.

“Fine. Fine. If you like spending time with the ferret, go ahead. Just don’t expect me to like it, and I swear I will find ways to interrupt you every time!” Harry joked, though there was definitely something sincere in his voice. I nodded.

“We’re not dating, Harry if that’s what your thinking. I’m trying to get to know him better. Maybe if you actually didn’t insult him for once, you’d realize he’s always wearing a mask. He’s always covering his emotions up.” 

“Me? Insult him? He gets a chance to insult me, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and pretty much anyone else every chance he gets!”   

“I know, but maybe I can get him to stop. Besides, the most offensive thing he’s said is mudblood, while he just calls you Scar-head, Ron Weasel and Ginny Weaslette. They’re honestly not that bad, if you ask me.” 

“Sure thing, Flower.” Harry muttered, and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m gonna kill Sirius for calling me that! Flower this, Flower that, gosh! Besides, how do you stand your nickname, Prongslette?” I teased, and Harry grinned.

“Reminds me of my dad.”

“So? I was named after your mother, and now I share the same nickname as your mother! I swear, if they didn’t know we were cousins, they’d be trying to pair us up into a couple. The next Lily and James.” I growled, and Harry nodded.

“We need to explain that soon, that you’re my cousin.”

“I know, I know. I wonder how Draco will take it?” I said thoughtfully, and Harry snorted.

“I’ll be waiting to see the ferret’s reaction most eagerly.” 

ooooooooooo

I was walking down the hallway when I passed Pansy Parkinson, who sneered at me, her eyes burning. I glared back at her, when she walked up to me, her hands on her hips.

“You should stay away from Draco, Mudblood, he’s mine.” She sneered, pulling out her wand. I rolled my eyes.

“Watch your mouth, Parkinson.” I snapped in return, pulling out my wand and holding onto the rose-carved handle tightly.

“Stupefy!” Pansy yelled, and I ducked.

“Expelliarmus!” I shouted back, and her wand flew out of her hand. It was just my luck when Snape walked by, watching us.

“Miss. Potter, Miss. Parkinson, what is going on?” He asked, and I turned to him.

“Nothing, Professor. Pansy’s just getting a little over excited.” I said, and Snape nodded, turning to Pansy, her face glowing red.

“Miss. Parkinson, ten points from Slytherin. Miss. Potter, please try not to retaliate next time, or points will be taken. Now go.” Snape barked, and Pansy stared at her professor dumbstruck as he walked off. Snarling, she turned back to me.

“Who do you think you are!” She cried, and I smiled.

“Lily Potter.” I shrugged, walking down the hallway. I heard Pansy shriek down the hallway was I walked off, turning into the Great Hall and promptly running into Dolores Umbridge.

“Please, watch where you’re going Miss...Potter. How lovely to see you.” Umbridge said, and I nodded.

“Sorry Professor, I didn’t see where I was going.” I smiled, and Umbridge nodded, her face pushed into a sickly smile.

“Oh, quite all right. I will see you tomorrow in class.” She said, walking off. Rolling my eyes, I walked into the Great Hall, sitting down next to Ginny.

“Hey Ginny.” I greeted, and Ginny nodded.

“So, Harry told us you were with Malfoy.” She said, staring at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“He did, did he? Well, I can’t say it isn’t the truth.” I shrugged and Ginny growled.

“Why! He’s such a prat, why would even want to be near him? Having to be across the room is bad enough, and then you willingly decide to get closer? Uhg, you’re grossing me out!” Ginny cried, and I laughed.

“Relax, Ginny.” I said as I bit into a piece of pie, while Ginny rolled her eyes and kept ranting about Malfoy.

“Ginny, I’m just mad that he told you. You can’t trust anybody these days, even my own cousin!” I cried, and Ginny stared at me, obviously taken aback.

“So you are related to him?”

“Yup. First cousins. My dad who was James’s brother, was a squib, so that’s why he was never well known, except around the death eaters.” I grimaced, and Ginny’s mouth fell open.

“Your dad was a squib death eater? How!?”

“It’s complicated, and I really don’t want to dive into the whole story, so I’ll put it like this:  Dad wasn’t powerful with magic, like we are, but with his words, his smarts. He was able to persuade people to follow Voldemort- oh, don’t look at me like that, it’s just a name-, and anyway, he escaped, ran off, disappeared. Until the Death Eater’s attacked my house, that is.” I explained, and Ginny nodded.

“Wow. So you’re Harry’s last living relative- from his dad's side, at least. You're going to need to be careful, if You-know-who finds out, you could be in trouble. He might use you to get to Harry.” Ginny said, and I nodded.

“I know. Honestly, I’m more worried about Caiden then I am myself, he’s so young. Ah, mails here.” I grinned as Abira appeared with the other owls, dropping a letter and two small packages in front of me before landing on my shoulder.

“Thanks Abira.” I said, running a hand through her feathers, before she took off towards the owlery. Ripping open the letter, I read what Caiden had replied:

Lilly,

I’m so happy your wrote back so fastly! Wait, Uncle Remus says that isn’t a word. I’m so happy you wrote back so quickly! I was so happy to see Abira! She kept biting Uncle Sirius’s hand! It was funny. Aunt Molly says she misses you, and is very happy you were sorted into Gryffindor. Oh, Uncle Sirius said to expect a howler about why you are friends with a Slytherin, though I don’t see a problem. He says you remind him of Aunt Lily! Anyway, Lucy says hi, and that she misses you. I do too. I love you, and write back soon! 

Love,

Caiden

I smiled as I finished the letter, folding it up and putting it in my pocket. Sifting through the the mail, I indeed saw a howler that was beginning to smoke, but I placed into a bucked of water before it could go off, courtesy of Ginny.

Opening the small package, I found it held the green diamond necklace Sirius had given me for Christmas, and I remember freaking out when I found I had accidentally left it there. There was also a not, that read:

Lilly, 

what’s this I hear about you being friends with a Slytherin? Draco Malfoy, no less! Hm. Padfoot may have to make a visit. Anyway, here’s your necklace- you left it here accidentally, lucky Tonks found it, with a little help from Lucy, of course. Caiden misses you, he was pretty upset after you left. Good to hear you’re in Gryffindor, otherwise we would have kicked you out. 

Be careful, I’m watching!

Sirius 

I laughed after putting Sirius’s letter down, and I put the necklace on, and as  before it stopped at the perfect length, the single bright green diamond shinning. Finally I opened the last package, which happened to be from Tonks and Remus. Apparently they had run out of paper.

Dear Lily,

Glad to hear your in Gryffindor! I’m not surprised, after all, you did hit Moody with a bat when you first met us. Molly packed some fudge for you, and I sent you a photo from Christmas Eve, I think you might like it. Sorry for keeping the letter short, but it’s the last piece in the house, and Dora would like to say something too. 

Sincerely,

Remus J. Lupin

Wotcher Lily,

Good for you, being in Gryffindor. Though I still prefer Hufflepuff, if I do say so myself. Anyway, your friends with a Malfoy? Be careful, I wouldn’t trust him! Anyway, I hope you have a good day, Abira kept biting at Sirius’s hand, and mind you he wasn’t so happy about it, but it gave us all a good laugh. 

Hope to see you soon,!

N. TONKS

I grinned, and pulled the photo out of the picture. I was a photo from Christmas Eve night, of Harry, Ginny, Fred, George, Ron and I playing exploding snap, Remus, Sirius and Tonks in the background. Smiling, I slid it back into the envelope and slid it into my pocket, before pulling the fudge that Mrs. Weasley had given me out. 

“Your mum made fudge, Ginny! Want a piece?” I asked, and Ginny nodded, and we ate some before putting it back, saving the rest for later. I was talking with George and Lee Jordan when a Gryffindor second year walked up, smiling.

“You're Lily Potter?” She asked, and I nodded, smiling back at  her.

“I have a note from Professor Dumbledore for you.” She said, handing me the letter the re-joining her friends at the table. I ripped open the letter and started reading.

Dear Lily,

I’m sorry we can’t talk person-to-person, but I have my hands quite full at the moment. I am writing you to ask you about the timeline. I wish you to not tell me what you know, but ponder your own answer in your head. Also, you said you knew how to kill Voldemort, and I would appreciate it if you got a head start on things. You are a brave girl, your uncle and aunt would be proud, as would your mother.

Sincerely,

A.P.W.B.D. 

“What did Dumbledore want?” Ginny asked as I ripped the letter apart so no one else could have access to it. I shrugged.

“Oh, nothing. Just congratulating me on being sorted into Gryffindor, said Aunt Lily and Uncle James would be proud. Nothing much.” I said, waving my hand. While I pretended to be bored on the outside, my mind was moving quickly, locating horcruxes and how to destroy them.

The first place to go would be the chamber of secrets. But I didn’t speak parstle tongue! Or...might as well try.

Under my breath I made a slight hissing noise, which I hoped meant, “Hello, Harry Potter.”

Apparently it worked, because I saw Harry look up from the table and around the room, startled. I mentally thanked God that out of boredom one Saturday afternoon I had devoted it into learning a different language. I  had told mom it would come in handy. 

“Who’s there?” He hissed back, and I grinned, leaving Harry to figure it out for himself, I left the room, heading for Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. Once I was inside and knew no one else was in, I locked the doors before turning the the sink.

“Open.” I hissed, and I watched amazed as the sink fell down, revealing a large hole. Jumping down, wand in hand I slid down a pipe, landing on a pile of bones.

“Ah, gross!” I yelled, jumping up. Brushing myself off, I took a step forward.

“Lumos.” I muttered, and my wand lit up, allowing me to see better. There was a pile of rocks in one tunnel, and I guessed that’s where Lockhart’s spell had rebounded. Taking the other side, I quickly made my way into the chamber, gasping when I saw the basilisk. 

It’s flesh was rotted, and most of it’s organs were showing, when they weren’t covered in maggots. Quickly making my want towards the beast, I sat at the mouth, pulling out three teeth, and placing them in my robe pocket.

“Oh gosh, that’s awful!” I groaned, hurrying out of the chamber as fast as I could before retching, the smell getting to me.

Finally I started on my way back up, climbing up the pipe. Once I was out, I shut the sink, before sitting down on the floor, regaining my composure.

“Well, that was fast.” Myrtle said, and I nodded, coughing. Myrtle grinned as I left the room, still coughing. My lungs hurt, and I couldn’t get the smell out of my  head. Making my way down the hall, I was contemplating on how I was going to get into the room of requirement. I was running up to the common room when I realized that a large door had appeared on the wall.

“Yes!” I grinned, walking in a slamming the door shut. Looking around the room, I started searching for the diadem. Finally I found it sitting atop a marble bust. Grabbing the diadem, pulling out a basilisk tooth.

I was about to swing down when there was an explosion, and the room around me disappeared. Instead I was in the middle of a tornado, the black circling walls playing with my hair.

“Lily Evangeline Potter. What are you doing?” A voice asked, and I turned to see my father- or what looked like my father- looking at me. He looked younger then when I had ever known him, his brown eyes staring at me. He was wearing dark black robes that stayed still despite the wind, and he looked.... disappointed.

“Dad?” I asked, and he nodded.

“Put the tooth down, young lady. You  must not destroy that diadem. It will cause our downfall.” He warned me, and I gaped. He was on Voldemort’s side, I shouldn’t listen to him! But still, it was so good to hear his voice again. 

“No, I can’t. You don’t understand, I have to help Harry!” I cried, raising the tooth again. The image of my father spat at me.

“Worthless. You think you can fix things, but you will fail. Instead of a hundred of people dying, thousands of people will die. And it will be your fault. You will only guarantee the Dark Lord’s rise.” My father said gravely before I swung the tooth down, hitting the stone in front of the crown. There was a loud wailing, and a small patch of smoke floated out of the diadem before vanishing.

I looked down at the horcrux in amazement. I just destroyed a horcrux! Haha, yes

I let out a loud laugh, doing a small victory dance before stuffing the basilisk tooth into my pocket and placing the diadem back on the warlocks head, leaving the room.

XXXxxxXXXAuthor'sNoteXXXxxxXXX Okay, there's the sixth chapter ^^ Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE. Preetty please?? I'll love you forever <3 Luv ya, -Lils

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 15.3K 10
This is the story of an extraordinary little girl. Orphaned as a baby, Emily grows up as a peculiar ten-year-old with abilities that not only frighte...
891 7 48
She can't remember anything, and now she has to blindly trust a stranger while looking for clues as to how she can remember even an ounce of her memo...
377 30 15
(On Hiatus) Lily-Rose finds herself waking up in a 11-year-old Hermione Granger's body. After falling asleep as a 25-year-old woman in 2023. With her...
298K 5.6K 70
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING Y/N Lily Potter, The girl who lived. Twin Sister to Harry Potter. Their Hogwarts Journey. I do not own the Harry Potter Seri...