The Mysterious Case of Jasper...

By OnyxBlack

Grayson Murdock thought his life was completely normal; normal school, normal friends, normal life. That was... More

The Mysterious Case of Jasper Drake (boyxboy)
The Mysterious Case of Sky and Clouds
The Mysterious Case of Whispered Conversation
The Mysterious Case of Romeo and.....well Romeo
The Mysterious Case of Breaking and Entering
The Mysterious Case of How I Died
The Mysterious Case of Wilhelm Drake
The Mysterious Case of the Art of Submission
The Mysterious Case of a Falling Sky
The Mysterious Case of a Quiet Storm
The Mysterious Case of Moonlight Secrets
The Mysterious Case of Light in the Shadows
The Mysterious Case of Shattering Glass
The Mysterious Case of a Best Friend Turned Enemy
The Mysterious Case Solved

The Mysterious Case of Strange Behavior

11.3K 240 38
By OnyxBlack

CHAPTER 2

“I’m telling you man, the fight last night was the shit!” Reggie went on, vividly illustrating the battle in the driver’s side of the car, moving his right fist and, the left fist in a punching movement and talking about how he could have taken the guy out faster.

Gray hadn’t watched the fight last night; he hadn’t really done much of anything. He was driving to school with his pre-Calc homework looking like shit and the speech for drama, unread.

“…then the Under Taker came out. He just had to make a big show with his eyes all rolled up in the back of his head, with all that black he need to get out the ring and go find a alley somewhere; the guy is creepy.” He went on excitedly.

Grayson, however, wasn’t listening. His mind was on a person, a person with deep blue eyes the color of the clear sky. The pale blue made even paler by the boys dark lashes. The curious eyes of the boy fixed on him, seemingly looking into his very being and-

“Grayson!” Reggie yelled.

His focus snapped back as he heard the honking horns of the cars around him and saw that he was stopped at a green light. He pressed the gas and continued on.

“What’s up man?” Reggie asked. Gray knew that it was inevitable for this question to be brought up. Did he feel like talking about it? Did he want to? Part of him felt like it would be sort of a betrayal to tell. He felt as though if he told, he would be giving up some of his hold on Jasper being a reality. He felt wrong about the very idea; almost possessive. How he could be possessive over a person he just met?

“Grayson watch out!” Reggie screamed. Hands reached over and jerked the wheel just as he was about to have a collision with another car about to turn. “Dude seriously,” he said once they had settled. “Whatever it is we can work it out. It doesn’t have to end this way,” he stated.

Gray made himself focus on the drive to the school as he pulled his pearl blue Ford Focus into the drive of the school. Pearl blue, it reminded him of eyes that kept coming into the forefront of his mind. No! He couldn’t think about him now!

“Seriously man, we’ve been boys’ for how long? You can tell me anything. However, if it’s about other dudes…stuff, you know I don’t care, but spare me the details,” Reggie muttered. He looked at everything except Gray, this being one of those awkward moments where it was weird to have a ruler straight best friend.

Gray smirked at Reggie, but the truth was he wouldn’t trade his best friend for anything. Still that feeling, that was definitely NOT possessiveness, weighed into him.

“I-I don’t know at the moment Reg, but I’ll tell you as soon as I figure it out,” He sighed, with a turn of the wrist he pulled into a parking spot  in the school lot and shifted the gear to park. “It’s just something has come over me, and I-I just don’t know,” sure he sounded like a blubbering idiot, but he had no idea what else to say. ‘Hey Reg, met this smoking hot guy last night that’s a bit of a creeper; did I mentioning that I want to fuck his lights out and that I’m so possessive that I don’t even want to tell people about him..’ For some reason he couldn’t see that going all too well.

 Luckily for him, Reggie had always been able to tell the right and wrong time to press for more information. So he sighed and turned to Gray with a serious look on his face, which wasn’t really common on its wearer.

“Well you better do some soul searching, and figure out what’s wrong, because I’m too pretty to die,” he stated.

Gray rolled his eyes but on the inside he was thinking along the same line. If he didn’t figure out what was up, Jasper Drake was going to kill him.

.        

.                  

.                  

.                  

.

Carson had a massive population; about 2200 kids. There was nothing special about the school. I was public, which meant not a lot of money.  However the school was pretty decent. It had three floors, the bottom floor for some reason had black windows and there were room numbers on all of them; just in case S.W.A.T needed the room number someone was in. It was made of maroon colored bricks that were finely placed in order and leveled off flat at the roof. There were three parking lots, one that was located by the doors of the school, then a connection came down to a parking lot as you drive in, and there was another one in the back of the building.

He and Reggie grabbed their bags and started heading toward the building, giving quick hellos to the people who called greetings.

However, “No, not yet, I’m a transfer,” kept ringing in Grayson‘s ears. He kept his eyes peeled for the gray hooded sweatshirt.

“Angelinaaa,” Reggie grinned.

Gray looked over to the direction his friend was looking and saw what he was looking at.

“Well I see you wasted no time getting over Sophia,” Gray smirked, though he did feel a little uneasy. Angie was really nice, sweet and smart. Not saying that Reggie wasn’t either of those things. However he wasn’t serious about anything; not school, work, class, or most of all the girls he ‘dated’. In the past he had only dated brainless women, and the superficially shallow. Gray feared that Angie, who had the iotas of brain cells to get hurt, would.

“Man, I don’t’ know, Angie Lane, she’s different from all your other girls,” he stated.

“’Girl’’ is my kind of girl,” he stated cockily.

“Nah man, don’t, she  has sense enough to get hurt, she doesn’t want to have fun like you…and Amber, and Kate, and the others,” Gray pointed out. Why was he trying to protect the girl again? Usually he could care less about what Reggie dated.

“Wow, that hurts man,” he jested. “You know her or something?”

“No, I just feel it…” Gray sighed. What was the matter with him, why was he being such a…such a girl! First obsessing over some boy, and now he was defending women from womanizers.

“Whatever man, if you say so,” he shrugged. “There’s another party tonight, you interested?” He wondered for a second how Reggie knew where all the parties were. Then again he remembered that Reggie’s text keys on his phone no longer held letters because of the extreme use.

“Nah, I promised Sky I’d take her to the art museum,” Gray smiled.  Sky was his sister, she was ten now and the smartest thing that he had ever met.

“You and your sister are weird with how close you are, I’d rather fry off my left ball off than hang out with my sister, and fry the other one if it had to be at an art museum,” he stated. All the while he was digging in to his bag as he retrieved a fruit roll up from the countless million he probably had in his bag. You could always catch Reggie eating something.

However it was true that Sky and Gray were close, they had even given each other their nick names. Sky was the first person Gray had told about liking guys. She had looked at him with her green eyes that matched his and said blatantly, “I know.” It had only made him love her more. If she wanted to go to a museum, or a library or a fucking shoot out he would take her if it made her happy.

As he turned around toward his locker he heard footsteps coming. He froze, his heart pounding thinking that it was Jasper, however as he turned he looked down to see a girl standing in front of him.

She was African American and about a shade lighter then Reggie himself. A pair of glasses fixed her nose and her long hair was pulled into a pony tail. In her hands was a thick stack of books that had subject names he couldn’t even pronounce.

“Reggie, when were you planning on working on our project; it is forty percent of our grade, and I actually care about mine,” she stated calmly though a hint of malice was in her voice.

Gray grinned as he watched the girl boss Reggie around, not excepting his usual crap; now that’s the kind of girl Reggie needed to date.

“Shay, I have a life, and I don’t want to spend it in a book learning about some old guy who had so much time on his hand he dropped on apple out of the window and decided ‘Hey, I’ll call this gravity.’”

“Sure, as opposed to throwing a ball at the same spot 50 times a day? Sure, that’s not a waste of time at all,” she smiled sarcastically.

Damn she was good, though he had taken offense to the down play on his sport of choice though.

“Oh,” Gray called. “I like her.”

She smirked pointedly at Reggie. Why didn’t Reggie realize that they were perfect? Besides the fact that she made Reggie get off his lazy ass, she had that secret book worm beauty.

“I don’t want to work on a project, I want to go hang out with my best friend,” he whined like a fifth grader.

“Grayson, do you mind if I take him?” she smiled.

He grinned, she was good. “Nope, I was going to sell him for gas money on my way home anyway; the economy is a bitch.”

She smirked at Reggie and he gave her a dark look. He then turned to Gray with a obscure look as well, “I’ll get you,” he mouthed.

Gray smirked; he gave it a week before Reggie realized they were made for each other.

He turned back to his locker and got out his Psychology book as he heard the faint, “Looks like I’m your best friend now Reggie,” from Shay.  However, after helping his friend was said and done, he wished he had kept him around.

He at least provided the minimal distraction from thoughts of Jasper.

“So you’re thinking about me are you?” a voice came from nowhere at his side. Gray almost had a heart attack.

“What the fuck?” he yelled.

“Indeed,” said Jasper, leaning against the side of the locker with an amused expression on his face. His arms were crossed over his chest in a casual manner.  His sweatshirt was absent and he had on a semi-tight fitting long sleeve blue shirt that matched his eyes. Since his hood was gone his hair could be seen unblocked, and Grayson had the urge to run his fingers through it. “Well if you like petting things, I suppose you can touch it,” he smirked.

“What?” Gray asked in confusion, feeling a blush crawl over his cheeks.

“My hair, you want to want to touch it,” he stated.

“I-how- how do you keep doing that? Reading my thoughts or some weird shit like that,” Gray asked, shutting his locker.

However, Jasper was silent again, not answering his question. Instead his stormy blue eyes searched Gray like he had that night, when it felt as though the other boy was looking into his soul. His head tipped to the side, another trait he learned was familiar, and studied him. God why’d he have to be so-so-ugh!

“Why are you muttering to yourself?’ he asked, every question holding so much curiosity that he was actually intrigued to know the answer himself.

“You, your frustrating… one second your all intense and then the next your all…I don’t know strange,” Gray huffed.

Jasper just smiled, “I’m only strange because your definition of normal is skewed.”

Sure that’s what it was…

He normally would avoid people like this, strange people, but for some reason….

“You play baseball?” he asked.

Gray smiled, there, now that was a subject he could talk about. “Yeah, third basemen and first batter; you play?”

He paused for a second again, thinking about it. “Yes.”

“Why do you always do that?” Gray asked frustrated.

“Do what?” he asked again as though it were the question about the secrets of life.

“Take an hour to answer a question like it's some world trade secret,” he asked.

Jasper didn’t answer, and he didn’t have to. The loud piercing sound of the bell ringing interrupted whatever it was they were having (he didn’t know if he should classify it as a conversation.).

Jasper nodded his head, and walked backwards, looking at Gray all the while. Finally he turned around and all Gray could see was his back pack as he faded into the mass of students.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237 37 31
He grabbed my hand and started dancing with me. I was beginning to think maybe Damian would rethink his rules about us and our relationship. Although...
209 4 13
The brunette rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time at Sullivans actions, looking out of his peripheral vision, then stepped into the redhead's perso...
1M 38.7K 21
Erik Henderson has a 4 year old daughter that he has to raise. On his own. Being a single dad, and being gay was not the easiest thing in the world...
94.1K 3K 44
Aaron has everything. He even knows other people that do. But he notices one girl out of every other girl that is different. She looks like she has e...