Handcuffed to Zander

נכתב על ידי Slave2gravity

I found myself staring at the plain white ceiling again. My thoughts overtaking me with worry, anger, and sad... עוד

Handcuffed to Zander

6.1K 227 33
נכתב על ידי Slave2gravity

Chapter 27: My Friend Diana

Song Chapter: Feel No Ways by Drake

Aria Evans

Opening my eyes, I slowly sat up, looking around.

The annoying sun blared into my eyes as I used my hand to cover it away.

As I said before, I am not and never will be a morning person.

I was still in Zander's tree house, the bean bag substituting as my bed and Zander's hoodie that he had lying around here, substituting as a blanket.

Shock from the coldness, I quickly put it on withought a second thought, his scent surrounding me.

I looked beside me to see a opened mouth Zander, soft snores coming out of him. Scrunching my nose, I held back a smile, finding this view humorously cute.

My eyes then flickered towards the clock beside him and I found myself scrambling up, heart beating fast.

I was so late to school.

Slipping on my shoes, I climbed out the tree house, exiting from the back gate.

Making my way down the drive way I paused to turn around, looking back at the yellow, brick house.

The house that Zander's mom used to live in.

She sounded so amazing from Zander's stories. She was an elementary school teacher, by choice, they didn't need the extra money.

When she wasn't spending time teaching kindergarteners, Zander would always find her painting, a paint brush always tied up in her hair.

Guessing that's where he got his amazing talent of painting, I smiled.

Remembering school, I quickly turned around and made a run for it, surprising myself with how fast I was going.

I was so not going to school with my hair looking like a birds nest and my mouth smelling like rotten eggs.

No way.

Couple minutes later I made it home, not surprised to find it silent. Scrambling up the stairs, accomplishing to only trip a few times, I burst into my bedroom.

Stripping out of my clothes, I made a trail to the bathroom, promising myself to take a five minute shower.

Five minutes turned into thirty.

Cursing myself and my need to deeply condition and wash, I ran towards my closet.

Plunging on my undergarments and a pair of jeans, I started to look frantically for a shirt.

Not satisfied with making such a simple outfit, I found myself staring at Zander's hoodie on my wooden floor.

Contemplating for a moment, I shrugged.

"Screw it."

Sighing, I slipped it on, warmth enveloping me. I was getting tired of these freezing mornings and blazing hot afternoons.

Blow drying my hair, I was grateful for the shortness, taking no time at all to curl the ends in a hurry.

And finally after adding my regular go to makeup, I gathered my stuff and zoomed down stairs.

I made sure not to trip as I made a run for the door, being halted quickly by my curious grandma.

"Aria."

"Morning grandma, I really can't chat right now, I'm so late for school."

I made a move to pass her but I guess grandma wasn't having it, she stepped towards my lining in sight with a glare.

"Where were you last night?"

My eyes quickly widened before they returned back to size, cursing for forgetting about grandma last night.

She was a very observant person.

"I went to Dylan's and ended up falling asleep there."

She raised an eyebrow, making her wrinkles prominent.

"You mean the Dylan that came knocking on our door around midnight, looking quite anxious may I add, just to drop off that?"

Her sharp, red painted finger nail pointed towards our living room couch, Zeke sitting on top.

We had forgotten about the doll, again.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I turned towards grandma, giving her a falsely sweet smile.

"Did I say Dylan? I meant my other friend-"

I paused as she gave me a bored look.

"- Diana."

She had scoffed at that with an amused smile and a shake of her head.

"Oh please, your mouth is full of sausages, you don't do girl friends!"

"Grandma!"

My cheeks felt hot as I stared at her incredulously, she really had no filter in her mouth whatsoever.

"Tell me the truth Aria!"

"I was with Zander okay!"

My grandma had paused her retort, her frown turning into a full on smirk.

"Zander?"

I nodded in embarrassment.

"What happened to Chuck?"

At the mention of Chuck, my heart dropped.

I ditched Chuck for Zander and I totally forgot about it. I was such a horrible person.

"Zander and I are just friends okay grandma? Now I really have to go because I'm already late for homeroom."

I fixed the hold on my backpack and started heading towards the door, a throat being cleared stopping me once again.

I turned back to look at grandma with an expectant look.

"Would you be a doll and take that one with you? It's creepy."

I looked towards the living room and saw Zeke, his creepy plastic eyes staring back at me. With a shiver and a frown I made my way towards it to take him in my arms, leading him and myself out the door.

I almost forgot the baby, once again.

****

After slipping a late notice pass to the teacher, I sat myself in relief, next to a distant looking Dylan.

"Dylan?"

He didn't even so much as flinch, his eyes wide open, staring at a carving on his desk.

He seemed to be deep in thought, his mind somewhere else, honestly worrying me to death.

This wasn't the first time. He's been doing this all week, at random moments of the day.

"Dylan!"

My whispers were getting louder as I shoved his shoulder, urgently. He finally flinched, his surprised eyes meeting mine.

"You okay?"

He seemed to think for a moment, recognizing me with a small smile.

"Yeah Aria, why wouldn't I be?"

I studied him, his tired eyes catching my attention. He looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"You've been acting strange all week."

"Strange?"

I quickly gave him a curt nod, my eyes still focused on the bags under his eyes.

After hearing a chuckle, I focused back on him, finding a forced smile on his lips.

"I'm perfectly fine Aria."

"You don't look fine to me."

My words seem to shut him off as he looked forward, the distant look taking over his features once again.

I kept my eyes on him to make sure if he really was okay.

To anyone he looked fine, eyes focused towards the teacher, listening to what he was saying, a bored look on his face like everyone else in this room.

I finally faced forward as I bit my lip quite hard in thought.

Dylan never payed attention in class which meant something was totally wrong, he looked just about ready to snap at any given moment.

Hoping I could figure everything out before that happens, I placed my head down, already dreading the weekend ahead.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

26.9K 1.2K 10
သူဌေးရဲ့သားနဲ့ ဒရိုင်ဘာရဲ့ မြေးတို့ကြားက တစ်ယောက်က နီးစပ်အောင်ကြိုးစားနေပြီး သူ့ရဲ့ ကြိုးစားပုံ ကြိုးစားနည်းက မမှန်တော့ အဝေးကို တွန်းပို့နေသလို ဖြစ်န...
409K 11.5K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
485K 9.5K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
118K 5.7K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...