Lighting Your World: Book Thr...

Door LongingForYesterday

Vidya, Princess of the Fire Nation, and granddaughter of Fire Lord Zuko and Lady River, is a light bender jus... Meer

Chapter 2: Rebirth
Chapter 3: The Earth Queen
Chapter 4: The Metal Clan
Chapter 5: Old Wounds
Chapter 6: The Stakeout
Chapter 7: Long Live The Queen
Chapter 8: The Ultimatum
Chapter 9: Enter the Void
Chapter 10: Venom of the Red Lotus

Chapter 1: Changes

369 7 0
Door LongingForYesterday

Book III

Chapter 1: Changes

It was a quite a change since everything had been stopped. The war, I mean. Everything is so much better now that we get to live with the spirits by our side.

Everything is absolutely fantastic! I honestly think that Jinora and I are happiest about this than anyone else besides Korra. Well, it was almost fantastic. Asami told Korra about what happened between Mako and me, and she wasn't too happy about that. Let's just say that she almost killed me if Mako hadn't stopped her from doing so. We told her the truth but she didn't completely buy it. Afterwards, she confirmed we could date if we wanted to since Korra admitted they had broken up for sure this time. I still didn't date him.

Tenzin, Korra, and Jinora were trying to get rid of the vines in the city. I was watching my baby brother Rohan as I was playing with him outside while Ikki and Meelo were playing with Pabu.

That's when Uncle Bumi came running up to us out of breath. "You are not gonna believe what just happened! Where's your father?" He said.

"DAD!" Ikki screamed. Tenzin burst through the door immediately.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Tenzin asked as he came walking towards us. I picked up Rohan in my arms and walked over to the adults.

"The most amazing, wondrous, fantastical thing just occurred." Bumi said. "Okay, Bumju and I had a little fight. I made him this sweater and he didn't seem to like it and I'll admit, it might need work but it was my first attempt at knitting. So I was a little hurt." He put his hand over his heard in a dramatic way.

"Hilarious," Tenzin said. "Time for dinner, everyone."

"No! Check this out! I can air bend!" Bumi said a he did the hand movements but nothing happened. "Yeah, wait. Seriously, I was doing it." I just walked off as I headed towards dinner. I'm starving!

I sat down beside Jinora at the end of the table and we all began eating after the prayer.

"I swear I'm not making it up!" Bumi kept trying to air bend and I just felt really sad for him.

"Stop waving your arms around the table! It's not funny anymore." Tenzin said annoyed.

"It's not a joke," Bumi crosse his arms over his chest. Korra and Asami then walked in. I looked away from Asami. I didn't know if she even told her yet. There was nothing wrong what Mako and I did, but I was concerned.

"What's up with him?" Korra asked as she sat down beside me.

"Bumi said he air bended earlier but he can't now," Bolin answered. "Oh, and I guess he's not very good at knitting either."

"I gotta say, I love being apart of this family. You got the grumpy dad, the wacky uncle, the put upon mom, crazy kids! This is great!" Bolin said.

"Where's Mako?" Asami asked. Why does she care all of a sudden? Care to think that we're secretly dating?

"Oh, you mean the brooding teenager? He's staying at the police station." Bolin said.

"Still?"

"I told him Tenzin invited us to stay here since our apartment is a vine habitat now, but he said he had to focus on work." Bolin messed with his hair and squinted his eyes to imitate Mako. I laughed a little.

"Ugh! Hey, did you see that? I think the napkin moved!" Bumi said.

"You blew on it," Kya said.

"Wait, maybe I can only do it when my life is in danger." Bumi thought. "Bolin, bend a giant boulder at me!"

"Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea." Bolin stated.

"If you're gonna be bending giant boulders, you can do it outside." Pema pitched in.

"No one is bending giant boulders!" Tenzin slammed his fists down on the table. I was annoyed.

"Hey, Uncle Bumi!" I said rather loudly as I flicked my chopstick right at him. He then caught it mid air with his new found air bending. My jaw flew open and so did everyone else's.

"Unbelievable, he's practically an air bender." Tenzin whispered.

"Wait till I tell Mom! She's gonna love this!" Bumi said as she dropped the chopstick.

The next morning, Bumi tried to air bend once again. Only he couldn't. "I can't figure this thing out!" He complained.

"Do you think being in the spirit world during Harmonic Convergence could have given him bending?" Korra asked.

"I suppose it's possible," Tenzin muttered.

"Maybe Uncle Bumi is just a late bloomer," Ikki said.

"I have been noticing a change in your aura lately," Kya added.

"And you didn't tell me?!" Bumi snapped. He kept trying to bend air. Lin Beifong and Mako had walked up to us.

"Invisible spirit monster attack?" Lin asked.

"Lin! You won't believe this! Bumi just started air bending!" Tenzin said. Lin and Mako gave each other a look before they turned back towards us.

"I'm afraid he's not the only one," she said.

"What?" We all said.

"I got a call last night about a guy who just started air bending out of nowhere." Mako informed.

"You mean there's another one?" Tenzin asked as he stepped closer towards them. "Where is he now?"

"He blew a door down on me and got away," Mako said. "We've got an all-points bulletin on him right now."

"Wait, we'll help you look for him. Where should we start?" Korra smiled.

"Oh, well, you should-you should leave it to the police. It's police business, you know. It's official." Mako said.

"Okay?" Korra raised her eyebrow at him confused. "How're you doing? You know you're welcome to stay here instead of sleeping at the police station."

"No, I-I'm fine." He grinned. "I should just get going. So, as you were, ladies." He saluted us and then walked off. We just looked at each other confused. What was that about?

KALA'S POV:

I can dance again! Yes! I never felt so free to finally dance again in Republic City. Everything was the same again, well, except for the fact that there was spirits and vines all over the city.

I didn't mind that though. In fact, the spirits loved watching me dance. It even intrigued me to come up with a new dance along with ballet in it.

I thought it would be the greatest thing to ever come up with for me. It would be my new style, as I always liked trying new things.

I could add the dragonfly bunnies and all the other spirits. It was brilliant! All I had to do was work out the costumes and the songs. . .

It would need to be a whimsical feeling to make it fantasy like. And I knew just the thing!

Once my little dance was over, the audience clapped and placed money in the fedora that was laid on the ground. One in particular came walking up to me. One that I knew.

"Hey, weren't you the dancer at Councilman Tarrlok's party?" The boy asked. It was Mako.

"Yes, I believe you're Mako, correct?" I said giving him a smile.

"You remembered?" He asked as he looked at me curiously.

"I'm not one to forget," I continued to smile.

"And your name is Kola, right?" He asked. I laughed at that.

"No, it's Kala." I said and he laughed.

"Oh, okay. So I was at least a bit close." He said. I smiled at him genuinely.

"So do you dance, Mako?" I asked.

"Not really," he said.

"Oh? Well, that's okay. Maybe I can teach you sometime." I said.

"Yeah, I guess so." He said. "Well, I better be heading off. Got important business to take care of. I'll see you around sometime!"

"Okay, see ya, Mako!" I gave a toothy grin as I waved my hand, my fingers twiddling in the process. He then froze in place as he looked at me suspiciously. What?

"Have I seen you somewhere before? You like kinda familiar to me. But, where?" He asked as he put his hand onto his chin thinking really hard. My face reddened. Oh no!

"Me? At the party, silly! Where else?" I laughed nervously before heading off into a distance at a top speed.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

93.3K 3.4K 48
There is an old folklore about the Children of the Forest. They were mortal spirits who were the First Benders with the ability to travel freely to t...
3.7K 260 18
Long ago, the four Nations lived together in harmony. Then the Fire Nation attacked. The world was about to change forever and for the airbenders, th...
475 15 11
DARK THEMED! A 19 year old non-bender who lives within the Fire nation, Daniela is a shy and anxious young lady. Her life has CHANGED completely sin...
38.3K 1.3K 101
Korra, the new Avatar of the world, has grown up happily in the Southern Water Tribe. Well, as happy as one can be with constant Avatar training. How...