The Story of Mixed Direction

By user1878

It all started in 2013 when Little Mix started fooling around in the studio. They had no idea it would change... More

Before You Read...
Twitter Notifications
Jingle Bell Ball
Fast Forward
Jimmy Fallon and Thanksgiving Plans
FOUR
Get Wierd
Search and Rescue
Time to Confess
I Think It's Time To Say Goodbye Pt. I
I Think It's Time To Say Goodbye Pt. II
What If...
Who Needs You...That's What Fans Are For
Release Parties
Shopping Center Hold Ups
Watching While You Sleep
Summertime Ball
The Meeting
Announcement Videos
Don't Act Like It's a Bad Thing
This Could Mean Two Things

Hit Up the Studio

286 7 0
By user1878

December 2, 2013

Little Mix was buzzing after the success of their second album Salute, but they still had to finish two more singles Little Me and Salute.

So here they are in a studio in LA, at 10 o'clock at night doing what Little Mix does best.

Act foolish.

The girls had arrived earlier that day to just rerecord the single, Little Me, but then also decided to rerecord, Salute, a single as well. Thankfully they were granted extra time for the studio session because, the artist that was supposed to show up had canceled. Then their management called and informed them that Sports Relief wanted them to do a charity single and needed it to be released by March 2014. And to put a cherry on top the, oh so perfect cake, they needed to decide which songs they were going to change for their upcoming tour and how they were going to change them. So their two and a half hour studio session from 4:30pm to 7:00pm turned into a five and a half hour and counting turn up session.

Know they were sitting down on the couch catching their breaths from dancing around to Bruno Mars', Gorilla.

"Alright girls, I think we need to get back to work know." Jesy sighed.

"You're such a party pooper, Jesy." Joe, one of the sound technicians, said teasingly to her.

"We don't have much left to do Jes," Perrie said. "just figure out a couple more songs for the tour."

"Yeah, we don't really have to finish recording, Word Up, until January." Jade added.

"Okay fine, we can relax for a while, but if management comes barking at us I'm yelling at you two arses and you too, Joe!" Jesy threatened.

"Arses? What even is an arse," Leigh-Anne said. She was sitting on the arm of the chair with her phone in her hand. The bright light of the screen lighting up everything behind her in the dark studio. "You Brits say the craziest things."

"Oh shut up you...you..." Perrie was trying to think of, to her, one of the many crazy things Americans do.

"Thanksgiving celebrator!" Jesy shouted.

"Soccer player!" Jade added.

"Soccer- hey that's I what I was going to say." Perrie whined. The girls giggled at her.

"Whatcha reading Leigh?" Jade questioned leaning up an over to try and read her screen.

"There is a new rumor going around about how we're collaborating with One Direction." she replied.

"What really!" Perrie said frantically, getting up to snatch Leigh's phone. She had a little schoolgirl crush on, Zayn, one of the members of the band.

"Calm down, Pezza!" Leigh chuckled, snatching the phone back from her.

"Read it." Jesy said.

"I already did." Leigh responded. She was a literal thinker and didn't realize Jesy meant read it out loud.

Jesy sighed and rolled her eyes, "I meant out loud, babe."

"Oh, it says that 'Little Mix and One Direction fans have finally got their prayers answered. A close friend to the groups says that they have agreed to record a song together and possibly make and album together as well. It should be out by Summer 2014, the insider added. They're going to call themselves One Mix. Well, we shouldn't really be surprised the world's biggest boy and girl bands are getting together for total world domination'" Leigh read.

"Wow," Jade started, "that couldn't have sounded any more right, but been anymore wrong."

"I know, I was starting to think you guys knew something I didn't" Perrie said laughing lightly.

"Well I have an idea." Jesy said, "what if we record ourselves singing their songs to make everyone think we are"

"No Jesy that would disappoint a lot of people that would be mean" Leigh protested.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure they would be upset about that Jes" Jade agreed

"Listen I know they might think that but I think they would be happy if we just sing their songs. Most of our fans are 'Directioners' anyway" Jesy explained

"I agree with Jes plus maybe it will catch Zayn's attention" Perrie said in a dreamy voice.

"Well I still think that they would be upset" Leigh said

"But, there is a chance that it won't mislead them" Jade said nudging Leigh's side, "c'mon it will be fun"

Jesy, Perrie, and Jade began to cuddle into Leigh, pleading and begging her to "be a rebel and join the dark side"

"Alright fine!" Leigh yelled, "but I get first choice at which song I get to sing"

"Okay fine we each get two songs" Jesy said.

"I still don't have a good feeling about this" Leigh sighed.

"Listen we always sang their songs before its nothing different. It will be okay" Perrie said

"Okay let me choose a song then" Leigh said while hopping off the couch and walking towards the booth.

She stepped into the booth and put a stool in front of the microphone.

Joe, turned the microphone on but turned off the recorder since they were just playing around. Leigh grabbed a pair of headphones but, before she put them on she spoke.

"For my first one I want Last First Kiss" then she put on the headphones and waited to here the song begin.

Each of them went and performed a different song. Leigh's second song was They Don't Know About Us. Perrie was upset that Leigh chose that song because she wanted to sing a song that Zayn had a strong part in, so she chose Summer Love and Half a Heart. Jesy chose Through the Dark and Little Things. Lastly Jade chose Moments and Story of My Life. They all wanted to choose songs that showed of their vocal talent.

They each took turns recording it on a camera and then uploading it onto Jesy's computer.

"Okay now that we had a break let's get back to work." Jesy said while clapping her hands together.

"Yes mom." The girls said in unison and Jesy chuckled at them.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

The girls finished up at the studio and arrived back at their hotel by 12:45am last night...or early this morning. It was now 12:00pm and Little Mix was doing the second thing their good at.

Sleeping

Well half of Little Mix at least. Jade had crawled into bed with Leigh in their shared room and they both got on their phones. They were just too lazy to get up. Jesy and Perrie were in the room across the hall catching some Z's, letting go, then catching them again.

"I wanna sneak in Jesy's room and steal her laptop and upload our videos" Jade started, "I'm actually really excited about it"

"Like I feel like after we upload it something is going to change" she continued.

"Jade, babe you're scaring me a little" Leigh said.

"How?"

"Because change is scary and most of the times it's never a good thing."

"Oh Leigh, sweet sweet Leigh" Jade scooted up higher in the bed and moved Leigh so her head was lying on Jade's chest.

"Think about all the change that happening for us. We have become a very successful girl band, we have changed millions of people's lives, we travel all around the world, and we are making a difference and making something of ourselves." Jade said while patting Leigh's curly hair, "change from this could mean finally achieving world domination or selling out stadiums becoming something even better than what we've made already"

"Jade I don't know how you do it" Leigh sighed," Being funny, adorable, sweet, nice, talented, beautiful, smart and wise"

"Oh but I think you do know how I do it"

"Why do you think that?"

"Because you do it too"

Leigh smiled against the older girl's chest and wrapped her arms around her middle.

They carried on in conversation until they heard a knock at the door. Then they heard someone walk in the door. They didn't panic though because they knew who it was.

"Pooooppppeeeeyyy"

"Leeeeiiiigggghhh-Aaaaannnnneeeee"

"What do you want" Leigh responded in a valley girl voice.

"We want to put this video together and upload before we have to catch our flight back to London which is at 8:00 by the way. Meaning we need to start packing by 3:00 so we can be their by 5:00" Jesy said walking through the threshold that separated the living area from the actual beds.

"Yeah and we all know you want to listen to my wonderful voice again" Perrie said matching Leigh's voice coming from behind Jesy while flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Whatever you were so flat like the entire time" Jade responded in a valley girl voice. Jesy laughed and Leigh cracked a smile.

"Alright let's get started with it" Jesy said while plopping down on Jades unoccupied bed with Perrie following.

They put their parts together then called their manager to make sure they could upload the video onto their YouTube account. Once they got clearance they pressed upload and started packing.

Then they drove to the airport.

Then they boarded the plane.

They turned off their phones and prepared for the flight. They wouldn't know it for another 10 hours but, everyone was reacting to the video.

And it would be long before One Direction did too.

C9w

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 36 44
It's 2024, Little Mix has been took a break for 2 years now. Let's take a look at Jenna's -- Little Mix's fifth member's life. ~•[𝔸𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕥�...
7.7K 340 22
When four girls are thrown into the wild by an anonymous group of people with the warning that only one of them can survive how will they get out? A...
11K 280 48
Perrie and Leigh Anne through little mix from 2015 onwards Perrie G!P
1K 46 1
After Perrie and Louis go through some rough break-ups, they think that things can't get worse. But as time goes on, nothing else can go right, and a...