Death Becomes Us

Od EzraWinn

Typical doesn't even begin to describe who I am. I Skylar Carright am for more complex than I appear to be. C... Viac

Published Books Now Available
AUTHOR NOTE
1) Decisions Decisions
2) Child or Monster
3) Invitation Only
4) Pain = Understanding
5) Let's Play
6) Intruder
7) Shall it Begin
8) Hunter or Hunted
9) Bodies
10) Jake's Play Time
11) Q & A
12) Hunter & Prey
13) Girls
14) A-Maze-Ingly Deadly
15) Birth
16) Hide & Seek
17) 99 Problems
18) Guity Until Proven Innocent
19) Closer
20) Lady Grim
21) Sweet Sorrow
22) Taught in Blood
23) Eaten Alive
25) Woe is Me
26) Dirty Cops
27) Eh Tu
28) Fun House
29) Pigs
30) Goodnight & Goodbye
D.E.A.T.H Series

24) Friends, and Family, and Death oh my

16.8K 412 27
Od EzraWinn

Friends, andFamily, and Death oh my

  I sat in my living room with The Man and the That Woman watching some bullshit program about ancient Rome on the History Channel. My phone buzzed off and I looked down at it to see a text from Jake.

   Jake: We need to talk. I frowned as I read his text wondering what it could be that he needed to speak to me about. Last I checked I haven't spoken to Jake since Jade got away. I haven't  been in the Fun House since that day either.

   Sky: About what? I texted back not sure I was in the mood to deal with my friend today. He had been a moody little bitch lately and I wondered if it was because the investigation was dangerously close to him. I have been a good friend, since they found his body I have loaned him Rick to help him beat the charges.

  Jake: Fun House 30 mins. His reply explained nothing and my frown deepen.

  Sky: Meet you there. I texted back standing up and making the eyes of The Man and That Woman fall on me.

            “Where are you going?” The Man asked and I looked over at him.

            “You know that place to do this thing.” I answered and walked away. I drove to the Fun House and waited in Jake's Kill Room. It was a good twenty minutes later when Jake came in. He hardly said anything as he walked passed me and took a sit. “So you wanted me here I am.”

            “How long have we been friends Sky?” Jake asked me and I shrugged. I wasn't the type to keep track of something like that. “Since forever it seems right.” He said and I let out a breath.

            “You called me here in the middle of the night so that we could take a walk down memory lane.” I said and Jake shook his head no.

            “You’re getting reckless Sky. You're getting messy.”

            “Speaks the boy they can't even clean up behind himself.”

            “You burn the bodies Sky. You don't bury them in the garden.” He said frowning at me as he sat there.

            “What are you so worried for it's not your body?” I said and he let out a hissing sound at me.

            “You're my friend Sky.” He said and I yawned.  “You’re so annoying.”

            “You're worrying over things that have nothing to do with you. I will be fine.”

            “How can you be so sure?”

            “The greatest hunters never allow themselves to be prey.” I said and stood up. “Night Jake.” I said and walked away. I wasn't even sure what that talk was about, not sure what it was that Jake had wanted from me. No clue why he called me here in the middle of the night. Just to be annoying. Just to piss me off maybe. Mostly that was all it was.

            “Skylar.” The Man said and I looked at him still where I left him but That Woman was gone. I walked over and took the same spot I was in before I left.

            “What?” I asked and he sighed. I wondered if this was about the Fun House again. If he was going to try and take it from me again, if he thought he was smart enough to trick me into selling it. The answer was no of course. I wasn't giving up what was mine. I wasn't letting go of the last piece of my mother that I had left.

            “Flo and I aren't doing so well.” He said and I looked at him with a blank stare trying to think who Flo was. “We are thinking about divorcing.” He said.

            “Oh That Woman.” I said and he looked at me. Guess the man never noticed that in all of these years I never once called her by her name, didn't even take the time to learn her name. People have names. She wasn't a person just a whore. The Man's whore and now she was stepping out of line. Now she was losing her worth. I smiled to myself just a bit. If this was over then at last I could take the whore to the Fun House. I could make her play one of my games.

            “I know these past years have been hard on you Skylar.” The Man started and I didn't stop him from talking. If he wanted to vent I would allow it. Everything you say can and will be used against you when Skylar deems it fitting. “You're mother died and I didn't know a thing about raising you. I thought that you would need another mother and so I married her without thinking about it first.”

            “You were fucking her long before my mother died.” I said and he frowned at me as if I wasn't supposed to know that he was unfaithful to my mother.

            “Skylar when you get older you will learn that no one is perfect.” He pleaded his case.

            “Oh I know that already.” I said coldly. If he thought that I was going to go easy on him just because he wanted to cry over the fact that his bitch was leaving him then he was wrong. I wanted to laugh at him though. How dumb could he be? No one marries the one that they cheat with.

            “I was a weak man when your mother got sick. I knew that I was going to lose her and I acted out in the worst way.  I never asked your forgiveness for my behavior.”

            “I never forgave you so no worries.” I said and he sighed.

            “Skylar with Flo gone it will just be you and I. I will do right by you.” He said and I stood up.

            “She's going to try and take everything isn't she.” I said. It was the only reason he would have to confess these things to me, if he knew that our lives were about to change. “I can ask Uncle Rick to help you.” Although Rick probably wants us both to crash and burn. He hated me for the things I know and hated The Man because he killed his sister.  At least Rick blames him for mother's death. Yet another reason you don't marry the whore. In the end they are always after only you're money.

            “We will get through this son.” He promised me.

            “I will. If you will or not is still up in the air.” I said and walked away from him.

            I sat in the control room mindlessly looking out at the kill room. It was clean now but I could still remember what happened in here. The last game left me wanting more. The way the boy took his own life in the end left me feeling as if that game was missing something. I heard a scream and it made me stand. I didn't think anyone else was in the Fun House. I let out a sigh and grabbed Raven. As the screams went on I followed them to Jake's kill room.

            “What are you doing?” I asked opening the door and coming inside. I saw Jake going through his ritual. I looked down at his table and then frowned when I looked back at him. He pretended he didn't notice me still banging the girl on the table. “You fucking asshole.” I yelled and now he paused and looked at me.”

            “Oh Sky when did you get here?”

            “She was mine to kill, to place in my game.”  I said and he looked down under him at That Woman.

            “She was free game. Beside if you killed her I would have never gotten a chance to try her out.” He said and he disgust me. “You see Sky a part of begin a friend is sharing. You can have her next if you want her.” He said and that very notion turned my stomach. Not just because it was That Woman but also because the thought of touching anything or anyone that Jade had disgusted me. It was like an STD waiting to happen.

            “Share.” I laughed out looking around the room. “Where do you think you are right now?”

            “Oh get over it. You set a fire, you burned down a hospital killing hundreds of people my grandfather included and I really liked him too.”

            “It was never proven that I sat the fire.” I said with a smile.

            “You are a sick freak Sky. I don't tell you that enough. He said moving away from that woman. “You kill so many people but do you enjoy it.”

            “Very much so, seems like you enjoy it as well.”

            “I don't.” Jake said and I frowned at him. Lying to me was annoying and lying when it was so plain what kind of idiot did Jake take me for. “You tainted me.” He said and I looked at him. “You infect everything that crosses your path. Jade did Alyssa a favor. You would have poisoned her as well.”

            “And what of you?” I said and he finished That Woman off without a thought as he looked over at me.

            “Had I never meant you I could have been normal.” He said and I laughed at the thought of a normal Jake.

            “You are free to walk away any time you want.” I told him and he just looked at me and then down at the body. He pushed passed me without another word as he left the room slamming the door behind himself. I looked over at the table, at That Woman. Well there was one problem solved.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

Haunted Od Julia L. Coffin

Paranormálne javy

2.7K 347 14
The dead typically want one of two things. Ghosts crave conversation. Spirits seek pain. My name is Bria, and I've been able to interact with the de...
Family Comes First Od CRAZY40429

Všeobecná beletria

987K 31.4K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
99.1K 9.1K 92
[BUNDLE] BOOK 1: There's a reason buried things should always stay buried. For better or for worse. To have and to hold a demon for eternity. She say...
Somerset Academy Od Lisa

Tínedžerská beletria

2.2K 68 18
They never tell you what to do when five girls from your school go missing. They never tell you what to do when you witness them getting murdered in...