Supermartian One-Shots

By broadwaycutie16

Just some random one-shots of my OTP Supermartian of Young Justice! I do requests and everything! Inspired... More

Introduction
Kiss the Girl
I Love You
Life is Short
Memories
Happy Birthday
To Be Still
Teardrops on My Guitar
Honor to Us All
Apprentice Part I
Apprentice Part II
Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
Realization
I Won't Say I'm in Love
Happiness
Broken Hearts
1940s AU
First Baby
You Belong With Me
1940s AU Part 2
No One I Hate More
The Greatest Christmas Present of All
Family Dinner
Flowers & Chocolates
Words
Not Again

For Better or For Worse GB

267 4 1
By broadwaycutie16

This is a gender-bent version of my famous story For Better or For Worse.  Its going to be different in some ways, but its the same basic story.

Conner/Kon-El—Connie/Kona-Kal-El
M'gann M'orzz/Megan—M'gonn M'orzz/Morgan
Lora-Kad-Zol—Lor-Zol
La'gaan—La'raan

Chris, Katie, and the adults are all the same gender.  Its only the Team members, past and present, who are gender-bent.  I do not own YJ or DC.

Connie woke up to Wolf licking her face.  She shot up in her bed.  "I'm up!  I'm up..."  She looked up at the clock.  "...And I'm late!" She scrambled out of bed and got dressed in a hurry. She had to get to the ladies' grooming chambers. Today was the day that her grandfather had arranged for her to marry the handsome and courageous Lor-Zol. Kona-Kal-El had to meet up with her grandmother and sister to be bathed, groomed and dressed for the wedding.

There was only one problem. Connie was certain that she was still in love with M'gonn. She didn't really want to marry Lor, but she was certain M'gonn didn't miss her.  Ever since he had started dating Lagoon Girl, she had been on the outside looking in.  So, when she was offered an excuse to stay on Krypton forever, she couldn't have said yes fast enough.  After forgetting to brush her hair, she threw Wolf a steak and ran out the door.
-----------------
Lara tapped her foot impatiently as she, Martha and Katie waited for Connie outside the ladies' grooming chambers.  The bathlady poked her head out the door.  "Lara, where is your granddaughter?"  She sighed and went back in.  Lara groaned.  "All of the days to be late!", she cried.  "I should have listened to Jor when he suggested to pray to Zolara for luck!"

Just then, as if on cue, Connie came running in.  Her red dress was stained with dirt and mud, her hair was in knots and tangles, and she had spots of cinders and ash all over her face. "I'm here!" She looked at the others, gaping at her. "What?" Lara stepped forward, absolutely horrified. "KONA! What happened to you?!", she shrieked. "You're a mess! You cannot get married looking like that!"

Connie looked down at herself. "I'm sorry, Mama, but I had to—" Lara put her hands up to silence her. "None of your excuses!", she said, going behind her to gently push her towards the grooming chambers. "Now, let's get you cleaned up." Tomboy Connie felt her heart sink as she was led towards the bathing room.
-----------------
"And...finished!" The Wise Man's wife led Connie over to a full body mirror so she could see her reflection. She was dressed in a blood red silk gown lined with white-silver along the sweetheart neckline and the hem, which spread out around her and behind her in a train. Lara had tied a white-silver sash around her waist very tightly, to shrink her waist. It was so tight, Connie could barely breathe.

Her usually wild long black hair had been brushed until it shone and arranged in a neat, tight bun in the back of her head, with dozens of tiny red Kryptonite crystals woven through, falling down to her ears and close to her eyes. She had long red gloves on that reached past her elbows and ended in more white-silver, and her feet had been pushed into shoes of solid silver, with a stiletto heel and silver ribbons laced up her legs.

Her face was covered completely with white makeup. Lara said it was to symbolize her purity, to tell her new husband she had never before been taken by another man. Connie knew exactly what she meant. Her cheeks were adorned in a bright pink blush that felt unnatural to Connie, but Lara said it was necessary for a bride. Her eyelids shimmered in a coat of silver, making her blue eyes seem even bluer, and the coal-black eyelash paint made her lashes look longer, giving them a certain curl at the end.  Finally, her lips were adorned with a deep, lustful red, making them appear fuller and more curved.

The women who had dressed her up couldn't stop fawning over her. "Beautiful!" "Gorgeous!" "Stunning!" "You look so pretty, Connie!", Katie said. "You really do!" Lara smiled. "Yes. You, Kona-Kal-El, are the perfect picture of a bride." No one asked Connie what she thought. She faked a smile. Her dress was suffocating her, her face felt like it weighed a ton, and her hair was pulled back so tight, she was afraid her eyes would pop out. She felt stiff and uncomfortable and not like herself at all, but it was almost worth it to see her grandmother so pleased.

Just then, she heard the door creak open, and a low, deep voice whisper in a way that sent chills up and down her spine. "Its time." She reluctantly turned around to see Lor-Zol, standing in the doorway. His dark chocolate brown hair was cut and styled neatly, with a band of gold adorned with a green Kryptonite gem circling his forehead. His chest was bare, with bear scratch marks painted on his abs with green war paint, a golden sash slung over his shoulder. He wore green silk pants, to match his eyes, lined with gold, golden sandals, and a long streak of green war paint on each cheek.

He held out his hand to her. She looked at Katie, her blue eyes practically begging her to tell her what to do. But Kata only hung her head. Left with no other choice, Connie walked over to Lor, the train of her gown dragging behind her, and took his hand, staring at the floor, doing her best to hold back the tears. Her feet felt as heavy as stone, but she let him lead her out of the room so he could escort her to the Temple of Zon, where they would be joined forever.

If she had looked behind her for just a moment, she would have seen a dark figure fly by the window. No one else heard it, as they were too focused on the "happy" couple. But as soon as it flew across, the faintest whisper hissed through the air. We're coming, Connie...
--------------
Connie felt her feet grow heavier and heavier with each step she came closer and closer to the altar. She wanted to stop. She wanted to scream. She wanted to break down crying right now. But Lor, his arm hooked with hers, kept pulling her towards the altar. Connie kept on walking, her head lowered as she stared at the ground, holding back tears.

At last, they stopped in front of the High Priest, who began the ceremony. He went on about eternal love, and how after tonight, Lor and Kona would be bond to one another until the end of time.  Finally, the High Priest began to address the bride and groom individually.  "Do you, Lor from the House of Zol, take Kona-Kal-El to be your devoted wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, from this day forth, until death and only death separates you from her?"

Lor looked over at Connie, his brilliant green eyes shining with triumph. "I do." Connie swallowed the lump in her throat. Now it was her turn. She felt her heart stop as the High Priest addressed her in a clear voice. "And do you, Kona from the House of El, take Lor-Zol to be your faithful husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, from this day forth, until death and only death separates you from him?"

She stared up at the High Priest, feeling lost and helpless. "I...I...I..." She didn't know what to do. Should she say the words, and be bond to Lor for eternity? Or should she run out now while she still had the chance? Every fiber of her body was screaming at her not to go through with this. "I..."

"Connie, NO!" She gasped and spun around. "M'gonn?" Could it be so? She longed for that voice to belong to him. She scanned the faces in the crowd, wishing with all her heart that one would belong to him, but he couldn't see any that had his features. Lor grabbed her arm and turned her back to the High Priest. "I...I...I..."

She shut her eyes tight, picturing his smiling face and weird laughter. Lor grabbed her by the shoulders, causing her head to turn towards him.. "Kona...do you take me as your husband?", he asked, staring her dead in the eye. At that moment, it all became clear to Connie.

"I can't."

Lor's eyes grew wide. "What?!" Connie shook her head. "I'm sorry. I can't do this." "What do you mean, you can't do this?!", Lor yelled at the top of his lungs. "I did not lift weights and do floor exercises for two weeks straight to be left standing at the altar!" He grabbed her by the arms, his fingernails digging into her bare flesh, causing her to wince. "I always get what I want Kona...and what I want now is you."

All of the sudden, three tiny gray balls fell to their feet.  As soon as they hit the ground, they exploded into a thick cloud of gray fog surrounding the altar.  Lor released his grip on Connie as he struggled to catch his breath.  Before she herself could breathe in the fumes, she felt two strong arms wrap themselves around her waist securely and carry her all the way to the other side of the hall.

She collapsed into a warm, soft chest, panting heavily as she blinked to clear her vision.  She noticed the arms were still around her, two hands firmly planted on her back, pulling her closer.  She looked up at her rescuer to see the face that haunted her dreams every night.

"M'gonn?"

M'gonn smiled at what he held in his arms—the perfect bride. Her flowing black hair was pulled back into a bun, showing off her makeup that made her look like a porcelain doll. The crystals in her hair brought out her sparking blue eyes that were glistening with tears as she looked at him. "M'gonn...you came for me..." He locked his eyes with her. "Of course I did. I've realized how much you mean to me. I need you by my side, Connie. I promise, I won't ever leave yours again." He cupped her cheek and brought her closer for a kiss.

Before their lips could meet, they heard a low growl. "You..." They whipped their heads to look at Lor, his eyes narrowed into dangerous little slits as he glared at M'gonn, who held Connie protectively in his arms.  At once, Chris and Katie and all the members of the Team burst through the grand double doors.  "Connie!  Its all a lie!", Katie cried.  "What is?"  "Every word that came out of his mouth!", Chris yelled, pointing right at Lor.  "He's in cahoots with Vandal Savage!", Katie exclaimed. "He was planning to kill you after the wedding! And the entire Team, too!"

Connie glared at Lor as she undid her hair, ripped her wedding gown and wiped off her makeup. Nightwing stepped forward as the heroes prepared for battle. "Team, GO!"

If you guys want me to add another part to this, let me know. I do not own YJ or DC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 587 33
a fanfic hiyesss lmaoajsehwusbshs
1.2K 119 34
A Trylle Fanfiction Jasper Frost has never been an ordinary child. He could see and do things which nobody else could. When he is rescued by a tracke...
28.7K 543 18
We write one shots about the sidemen. Requests are open to all. Enjoy:)
16.1K 928 37
she had the world; an adoring partner, a healthy beautiful son, and a career of her dreams. but things can always go wrong, and they most certainly d...