Book 1: She's a Keeper | Augu...

By LivThaWriter

What happens when you meet the one person you relate with the most? All rights reserved. No part of this pub... More

Not Your Average Story...
1
2
3.1
3.2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17.1
17.2
18
19
20 ~ Filler Chapter
21
22
23
24
25.2
26
27
28.1
28.2
29
30
31.1
31.2
Books
32
33
34
35
36
37.1
37.2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45.1
45.2
46
47

25.1

54.8K 1.8K 1K
By LivThaWriter

Y'all don't come fa Cris (Augs voice) she just trying to help but not really 😂

3 POV changes, pay attention to them

Omniscient

Sitting on the balcony, feet kicked up and legs crossed at the ankles against the railing, Aug held a lit blunt in his hands while a half empty bottle on Hennessy rested on the ground.

He hadn't smoked in months, but the drinking hadn't done he trick for him. Today was considered one of the longest days of the year for him. He looked at the dates inscribed on his forearm, today's date standing out.

Aprils 15th.

Letting out another cloud of smoke, he looked on the glass table beside him, that held his phone. It lit up again, reminding him of his missed calls and unread text messages.

Picking up the phone in his free hand and resting his finger over the home button, he gained access. He tapped on the message icon opening up the first thread.

Cyd 😍💜: babe you doing okay?

I know it's a rough day for you and if you need to get your mind off of it, I'm here for you to talk to 😌

I'm trying to be sensitive but I just wanna cut your ass for reading and not replying to me 😢

He laughed slightly before continuing the rest of the messages. There were about six or seven more, all consisting of the same words, differently placed. He stopped scrolling as one stood out the most for him.

Well at least tell Mel Happy Birthday for me🌹

Exiting the messages, he held it together until he couldn't and broke down at the sound of her voice coming though his phone speaker, not knowing he accidentally called her at two in the morning.

"August?" He didn't say anything but he was there, "It's alright, you don't have to talk. I can just talk, you said you liked hearing me talk right?"

August let out a small laugh followed by a sniff as he shook his head, letting Cydney know he was still there.

"You remember when you told me about that one time you and Mel were out driving around?"

August nodded as if she could see him, thinking of one of the last few times he saw him.

"So you mean ta tell me you ready ta settle down, just like dat huh?" August spoke of his brothers' growing relationship with Chandra.

"Yea, mane." He chuckled as he drove the abnormally quiet streets of New Orleans.

"Can you give me a reason ta why tho?" He asked back.

"When you find you a good'un, you keep ha 'round fa as long you can." He stopped at a red light looking towards August who stared back at him, "If that mean I gotta put a rang onnit, I'ma do just that."

"How you kno' she da one? You only twenty-fo'." August pointed out.

"She got my seeds, Yung." Mel explained. "Not one, not two, but three of 'em. If that ain't a sign I'on kno' what is."

"Nah, man you just eitha deep in love a'deep in that puss—" "Anthony." Mel cut in stopping him for finishing his words.

He know the way his brother was set up, and it wouldn't be any good words either.

"My bad, I just don't see how it'ca be that good. I mean you tyin' yaself ta one girl fa tha rest of ya life."

"Its commitment bruh, learn ta have some." Mel eyed August as he drove aimlessly through the streets.

"How I'ma kno' when I find dat shit. I mean, fa future references." August turned to Mel for his famous brotherly advice. "Aug too reckless right na."

"You just kno'" Mel tapped on August's temple. "You drop all da hoes, you willing ta give up what tha hoes offa. You change, you grow, you become a real nigga."

"No hoes fa tha rest of ya life huh?" August rubbed his bare chin. "Lifetime commitment..."

"It might not even be a lifetime commitment wit me if I'm bein' honest. Hopefully she'll find someone afta me ta commit dey life ta ha."

"What you talkin' bout Mel, don't be on that dyin' shit again." August shook his head. "You ain't goin' nowhea'.

"Look all I'm sayin' is, niggas don't make it ta twenty-five outchea."

"We gon' make it aight? We gon' out live all deez niggas outcha!" August hyped himself up about it, earning a laugh from his brother.

He thought about how his brother never lived to propose to Chandra due to somebody else's mistake.

"You know he made it right?" Cydney brought August back to reality with her words. "You guys never said where y'all were gonna make it, y'all just said y'all were gonna make it out of New Orleans."

She had a point, August thought. He took another hit from his blunt, something he forgot about while she spoke to him. He coughed a little, leaning back in his seat.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he spoke quickly, not wanting to worry her anymore.

"Oh so I finally get a word from you, how blessed am I?" She joked earning another laugh which caused August to choke as he inhaled.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked again, laughing herself.

"I'm fine, baybeh." He paused looking at the blunt, "You eva smoked befo'?"

"No, why?" She shifted on the sofa.

"Good."

"Why?"

"I'on like when females smoke. They be gettin' trashy as hell, start ta act like a nigga."

"Who says you can tell me what to do? What if I know a guy who knows a guy?" She smirked to herself.

Not once had she thought of smoking weed before but, it was on her mind now since August had asked.

"Consida that guy you kno'," he snap his fingers. "Gone."

"It's not that serious." She mumbled.

"You fa'real thankin' 'bout it, huh?"

"Now that you mentioned it.." She mumbled again. "But if I were to ever smoke, I'd only smoke with you."

"Really na? If you thank you'ca handle it. Come thru."

"For?"

"Just come thru fa a nigga."

August Alsina

I hung up tha phone and waited. If Cyd wanted ta come thru, she would. Hopefully it was ta kick it wit me but I guess not, since ova a hour had past.

Eventually, I stood up and made my way ta my room. I kicked off my slides and sat on the bed. Leanin' ova, I ran my fingas thru my hair and sighed. I was high as shit and a lil' drunk too. I finished off tha bottle and ain't even kno' it.

"Maybe I shouldn't have hung up onna." I mumbled ta myself.

Afta sayin' that, it was like I was given a second chance. My phone rang.

"Helluh?" I somewhat slurred inta tha phone. My alcohol intake was affectin' my words.

"August? Are you drunk?"

I should've read tha calla ID.

"Cristina? How you keep gettin' my numba mane."

"Are you drunk?"she asked, "You're not driving are you?"

"I'm fine." I shook my head only givin' me mo' of a headache.

"No you're not, you're drinking and you're probably smoking too, aren't you?"

I ain't say shit 'cause she was right.

"I'm straight mane, don't worry 'bout me aight?" I replied.

"August," I'ca tell she was up ta' sum from how she said my name, "You remember what I would do for you to take your mind off things?"

"You did a lotta thangs," I mumbled.

"Do you think you need that right about now?" She asked.

"Nah." I stood placing my hand on the wall ta steady myself.

"August do you want me to come over? I can help you get your mind off things."

"What? I—" I paused thankin' 'bout what she was sayin'. "No."

"You sure? I can—" "No, Cris. Why can you just let me be happy?" She stayed silent.

"Huh?" I repeated, "Just.. lemme be happy aight?" I started ta pace my room.

"August, you know I want you happy but with anyone else."

"And I'on undastand why. I did you bad so many times but you continued ta be friends with me, you continued ta let me fuck you and leave you once you went ta sleep, only fa me ta come back tha next day and do it all ova again." I tried ta paint tha picture fa ha but she didn't undastand.

"Despite that, you were good to me—" "How?" I questioned.

"You listened to me, you played the father figure to my child and taught me I didn't need his father to have him to grow into a man, he just needed love."

I dislike tha fact that she was tryna make me feel bad by usin' ha own kid. I regret sayin' is still would stop by and see him. And I did a few times.

"Look I preciate allat but Cris, I'm not tha one fa you. I can't be nor do I wanna be. I try ta be nice and I try ta be mean but I guess this time, I gotta be real witchu.

You'ca fine betta, so much betta tha me. I found betta and wasn't tryna find it. Not sayin' you bad a'nun but you didn't fit my needs as a nigga. Sexually and physically, yes. But when it comes ta mentally, physically and emotionally, it can't happen. You lack tha intellectual talks, activeness outside of sex and you don't undastand me. You just wanna shop, spend my money, you want tha title. You thank you'ca fix my troubles by givin' head but it ain't like that.

I found that in Cyd. I kno' it's early ta tell, but I kno' I found it in ha and I'm wiling ta wait it out fa ha and and not cheat."

"You love her? You love her don't you?" Ha voice cracked alil.

"I'on know, but I got sum fa ha. Sum that ain't gon' be easy ta get rid of."

"August I'm sorry I made your life hell at some times because of my selfish ways..."

Sometimes?

"You did I admit that, but I'm irresistible so I understand." I joked ta lighten tha mood.

"Still cocky I see," she let out a small laugh.

"Yea but you understand me na?"

"Mhm."

"Good, I want you ta stop plottin'n schemin' cause I know you is right na." I know I was readin' ha mind.

"..okay." She finally replied.

"That took you a while ta respond. You lyin' ta me?"

"Yes, August. I'm done but I can't be so sure about others.."

"Whatchu mean othas? Thea's mo' people involved in this?" I leaned against tha wall.

"Cristina, answa me."

She sighed, "Yeah, August."

"Who?"

"I can't say—" "Tell me if you kno' what's best fa you." I said through gritted teeth.

"August I can't! I just can't, there's no telling what can happen to my career—" "Yo career huh?"

I was fucked up right na, don't let me find some shit out and expect me ta not come fa ya ass.

"What career? You don't do shit but promote clothing lines and host parties. Oh yea, on tha side you a masseuse. How'ca I fa'get that?"

"So that's how you feel, August?"

"What it sound like Cris?" I sighed.

"You know what? How bout you find out on your own?" She ended tha call, in my face. Best buhlee I called ha ass back. She ain't answa which only pissed me off even mo'.

"Fuck." I yelled and regretted it. It only made my headache worse.

*

"It's six in tha moanin' whea you get Popeye's at?" I said as let Cydney in my house.

She neva responded ta me until she texted me tellin' me ta come open tha door fa ha. I fa'real though she won't comin'.

"I drove to the airport. They were the only one open. Here." She handed me tha bag.

Like routine she took ha shoes off at tha door and ha jacket too.

"I ain't hungry," I pushed tha bag back towards ha. As she followed me ta tha kitchen.

"August, it is clear that you have been drinking and smoking for god knows how long. You need food in your system."

"I'a be fine." I nodded, "I'a eat lata."

Lowkey I been hungry, I don't even thank I ate tha day befo'. I just didn't wanna be bothered with eatin'.

"August. Please eat." She pouted pokin' out ha bottom lip.

I sighed, "Cyd, I ain't hungry."

"August, you're going to eat weather you hungry or not. I don't care how you feel. I've felt how you've felt but I didn't drink and smoke my day away, I ate food and kept my body hydrated with WATER." She pulled out tha box from tha bag, openin' it.

I sighed again, "I preciate you carin' fa me but—" "Eat it." She stuck a dry ass biscuit in my mouth, blockin' my words.

She really just stuck this gotdamn biscuit in my mouth. I woulda said sum but I wasn't gon' waste food plus I was thrown off. She coulda at least put some honey on it.

"Eat." She tol' me givin' me that eye. I complied not wantin' ta feel tha wrath she'ca bring.

"Better?" She asked and I slightly nodded. I needed something ta drank na. Damn.

"Go sit on the sofa and I'll be there in a sec."

I did as I was told. She came in shortly afta wit all tha Popeye's on a plate. She was ready ta stuff a nigga up. Chicken fingas, mac n' cheese, green beans, and even a piece of they pie.

"Open up," she directed and I did as she sat beside me. She did that fa me tha whole time until I finished all my food. She even broke up my chicken fingas, dipped them in tha Bayou Buffalo sauce I like and fed me.

I was hella full since she made me finish allat food and was laid back on tha sofa wit my head in ha lap.

My eyes was closed as she did whateva, "Aug, I took off today."

"Why?"

"In case you needed me."

"Yeen hadda do allat."

"But I did. I know I said I know how you feel and I do, but I felt alone at one point. Nobody to go to about dealing with what happened. I'm that one you can go to." She stopped playing in my hair and I opened my eyes ta meet ha's.

Hea she was, callin' out of work and missin' out on money ta be with me when she didn't have ta, all all I was doin' was ignoring ha and being a ass.

I'm just Aug. I ain't nun special.

"Thank you fa doin' that. It means a lot cause ain't nobody eva put they life on tha back burna befo' fa me."

"I'm all for you, Wugga." She leaned down ta kiss me and I kissed ha makin' ha scrunch up ha nose.

"What?"

"What is that?" She asked. I licked my lips and smirked.

"Come wit me." I sat up, got off tha sofa and pulled ha ta my room. We went on ta tha balcony.

"Why are we out here?"

She hugged ha arms as tha wind blew ha straightened hair all ova. She looked good, great with straight ha but I loved my lil' baybeh wit ha curly mane.

"This," I picked up a rolled blunt from the small box I kept 'em in. I passed it ta ha and she held it funny makin' me laugh.

"You doin' it wrong baybeh." I fixed tha way she was holdin' it, "You wanna be big and bad, I'ma let you smoke dis one time."

She looked at me uneasily and back at tha blunt. I held up tha lighter.

"Wait," she stopped me, "Is this gonna kill me?"

I always thought she was smarter than that.

I shook my head, "You don't die from smoking weed Cyd. You might feel like you gon' die but that's a good thang." I tol' ha.

"Hea," I took tha blunt back from ha, "I'ma start it fa you."

I lit tha lighter and put it and tha blunt ta my lips, inhalin'. I took a long drag, held it and dragged again, blowin' out tha smoke.

"Ya turn." I handed it back ta ha.

"August if you kill me, I swear—" "Hit it." I ain't wanna hea ha shit talk me and blow my upcomin' high.

I motioned fa ha ta go ahead and do it. "Put it ta ya lips."

"Suck in, hold it." She did as told.

"Suck in again. Release." Ha eyes started ta water befo' she went inta a Coughin' fit.

Afta ha cougin' stopped I ask was she good and she gave me a cold glare befo' it turned into a goofy grin.

"Fucked already, huh?" I chuckled as she watched me smoke. "That's what I'm talkin' 'bout."

She came and sat on my lap, and we started a rotation til it was down ta tha last bit. I ashed it, startin' anotha one. Cyd decline this one so I had tha last of it to myself.

"August?" She leaned inta my chest.

"Yea?"

"How do you feel right now?"

"High as shit."

"Besides that."

"An emotional wreck."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Later on, when I'm not high and drunk as shit."

"Okay," she left it alone.

Thoughts started runnin' through my head. Every bad thought I had, my mind raced back ta Cyd. I thought about how she called out of work fa me. She helped me realize thangs that othas tried ta get me ta see but failed unlike ha. She remembered lil thangs I told ha, like wit Mel fa thought. She used my own childhood stories and turned it inta a life lesson.

She made me look at shit in a different perspective. I started ta thank about what she told me earlier about Mel making it out. It was only coincidental that she brought up how he knew Chandra was tha one fa him. Tha same way he knew, I could feel my knowledge gaining on whether Cyd was tha one or not.

I knew from tha get go she was down fa a nigga.

Cydney Michaels

Not only did the smoke clouds, cloud my vision but they clouded my head.

I thought about how I ended up here tonight. August's way of grief was similar to mine. Not wanting to talk to anyone but displaying the actions of wanting attention. He let his pain out through drinking and smoking. I let mine out through dance, why couldn't he use music this time?

"Cyd," August's calm tone snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I kept my head steady in the crook of his neck while I sat in his lap. My arms laced around his torso lightly as I straddled him.

"I luh what you do fa me, like how you make me realize lil' thangs."

"Your welcome." I said simply.

"You luh a nigga?"

"I don't luh niggas." I mocked him, "But I would be willing to love a man."

"Is that right?" He asked and I nodded.

"What I gotta do fa me ta be that man?"

I picked my head up and eyed his facial features, "Well you won me over with your music, and your words before we even met."

"What's left?"

"I love your personality, how you carry yourself, they way you're not ashamed to show emotion. I love how goofy you can be, how you execute to put me first no matter the consequences." I brought my hand to touch his cheek as I spoke.

"If anything, you've already gained my love unconditionally."

"Would you stay down for a nigga, times get bad stick around with a nigga?" I nodded.

"If I came home late, if I had a long day, would you lay me on the bed, go to town on a nigga?"

"August," I knew where this was going.

He started to flow and his words became a low melody. I let him continue, he needed to sing and maybe it would calm his nerves.

"Tell the truth, baby would you be the one I need, baby could you take all of me? If I call you are you down to ride, if fall will you be by my side?"

During the midst of his singing, he'd tapped my thigh for me to stand and I did. We ended back in his room, him sitting on the edge of the bed while I straddled him once again.

"Would you stay down fa me?" He asked again.

I nodded grabbing ahold of his face, "Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.9K 47
Sarah has had enough of August abusive ways will she be able to escape. Read to find out about more. THIS STORY IS MADE UP, NOT BASED ON REAL EVENT...
44.4K 2.1K 56
they say you can't help who you fall for. in this story, you'll find out how true this saying is. when you're in love, you'll do any and everything f...
54.1K 896 19
A-R imagines that I have written. All imagines are between you and Joe. All imagines will not have another part to them. No smut. (Sorry, I cring...
233K 3.2K 80
Y/n Imagine book 2 Ask to request any celebrity Remember if you are not 14 you can not get a freaky or a violent imagine Send the request to my me...