Opposites Don't Attract

By StoryGirl5169

Jordan and Abbey are two completly different people who come from different families. Jordan is rich city boy... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty

9.9K 57 6
By StoryGirl5169

Yay! 30 chaps. Hope u like.. Please comment!!! Its not edited so please mind my mistakes.

Abbey's POV

I can't believe I said yes to Jordan. Its so not real. Caitlin and Alex were so sure something happened because I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot since I arrived at home. I still haven't told any of them about earlier on with Bill. I wonder how'd they react if they heard that. 

"Abbey, please tell us," Begged my older sister Alex. 

"Yeah, why don't you?" Nudged Claire but I gave her the evil looked and she backed off. 

"Nothing happened," I lied. 

"Yeah, like we're going to believe that," Caitlin said.

"Okay," I sigh. "He asked me out."

"Oh My God!" Squealed Alex. 

"Are you getting married before Alex?" Caitlin asked. 

"Caitlin, I'm not getting married!" I said. "Just because Bill proposed to me, doesn't mean Jordan will." 

I put my hand over my mouth after realising what I had said. Damn it! I blurted out on my own secret. The three of them widen their eyes and dropped their mouth open. This will never shut them up. I hate myself at times. 

"He..." 

"Proposed..."

"To you?" 

They all said. I could see the shock on their faces but they couldn't be more shocked then I was at the time but I'm sort of over it now because it didn't seem real at all and to be honest, I saw it coming. He was always acting flirty and nervous like he was going to ask me something.  

"Say you said no," Begged Caitlin. 

"No," I said. 

"Phew," They all sighed with relief. 

I told everything that had happened after and before. I told Alex that I was going to go to the stadium because I made it to the next round and she said she'd take me with the whole family. Caitlin and Calireand dad were coming too this time. Claire was sleeping over at my house tonight in my room with Blight and me. 

***

We arrived at the auditions stadium and I recited the song in my head again and again. I even bought the lyrics with me just in case I forgot them on the way. I was confident but not too confident but then dad said I just had to believe in myself and I would never forget the words. I thought about mum and I knew she'd tell me to believe in myself too. 

I heard my name being called so I walked up to the stage a bit more confident then ten minutes ago. I began to sing my song and took dads advise and it really helped me. I sang confidently. Half way through the song I scanned the audience and saw Jordan, watching me. I almost lost concentration but then I looked away and I my concentration was back.

At the end of the song I sighed with happiness as the crowd applauded. The judged looked impress but I think I could do a smidgen better. Jordan was applauding too and smiling at me. 

"Very impressive. I was outstanded. Half way through the song, you lost a bit of concentration but other than that it was beautiful," Lily told me. 

"I agree but it was a jolly good show as they say," Pete laughed.

"Joey, that was good for me. How about you?" Caren asked. 

"Best I've seen yet," Joey said. 

I walked off the stage, thanking them and ran to dad, Claire and my sisters. I gave them each a hug and they said I done amazingly good which just made my day. I thought I was going to mess up but I'm glad I didn't. 

I met Jordan on the way out and he said I was truly terrific which made my smile even bigger. My sisters were making fun out of me, thinking I wasn't listening. Claire, the good friend, wasn't. That's why I love her. Even if she did do that then I would still love her becasue she's my best friend for life. 

We ate ice cream on the way home and it just turned three o clock. I was happy with today. It was really fun and I'm extremly glad I didn't forget the words during the singing. 

Another thing was that there was no work today. The powercut from yesterday was going to take time to repair since a huge fuse exploded. It was only a tiny but it created a lot of damage.

Jordan came over to my house and had lunch because dad insisted a couple of times so he finally said yes. At lunch he was telling us these awkward stories, not much like Jordan. He has been really coping the mum thing. I don't think I could if mum forget me. I'd be devastated, not just at first but until she gets her memory back. But mums not here anyways. At least he's got one. 

I went back to thinking happy thoughts because I didn't want to cry in front of every one because then they'll be asking me questions. 

"So, the weddings almost here," I squealed. "I can't wait." 

"You can't wait?" Alex said. "I'm more excited than you. Oh and did I mention Eric and I are going to Hawaii on Sunday. I'm really sorry dad but I can't make it to the ice skating trip." 

"Its alright," Dad sighed. "As long as you come back." He smiled. "Not pregnant." He said more sternly.

Alex blushed. I can't believe dad said that out so loudly. Well that's embarrassing. He is a dad after all. What would they know? 

After lunch Jordan went home and I waved goodbye to him when no one was looking. I hope he comes to the wedding. I crossed my fingers for luck. But the wedding was still three days away. He told me there was work tomorrow because the fuse was almost repaired but he'd call me if there wasn't any work tomorrow.

I felt tired. I didn't get much sleep because I had to recite the lyrics because I had forgotten them. I went to have a nap for an hour or so. But you know time. I glanced at the time and it was only five thirty five. I told Claire I needed some rest so I jumped into bed and set my brain to wake up an hour later. The thing is you can't always rely on you brain to wake you up.

***

An hour? I woke twenty hours later. It was already the next day. My brain wasn't a very good alarm clock if you ask me. I went to work and did what I did everyday. I met up for Jordan for lunch break. Nothingspecial happened today. It was always the same every single day. James wasn't at work today so Jordan came alone. He dropped me off at the end of the day. Every day when I see him, the connection between us seems to get bigger and bigger. 

The next two days I also went to work but for a short period of time becasue of the wedding and things needed to be sorted and bought. I crossed thirteen off the calender as day fourteen had arrived. One more day until the big day. Seeing Jordan at work makes everything go so fast and the feeling is great when I'm with him. He is much more romantic and less stubborn than before. 

I decided to call Jordan because Claire wasn't here and I felt bored and needed someone to talk to. Claire was gone for a day but she was meant to be back today at nine at the night. She didn't even say goodbye but she left a note saying 'I'm going out for a while so I wont be back 'till night. See ya! xx'

Her parents were coming tomorrow for Alex's wedding. Claire and her family were like family to us. 

I called Jordan in my bedroom, explaining why I wasn't going to be at work today. He said it fine and that he understood. 

"Abbey, you wouldn't believe this if I told you," He said sounding happy. "Mum has been getting theseweird flashbacks and one of them involved me." 

"Wow, thats great!" I said, really happy for him. "You must be over the top." 

"She went to see the doctors this morning and they said that her memory will recover very soon." He explained. "So things are starting to heat up. So I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You bet, but isn't it, I'll be seeing you?" I asked. 

"Yes, you will be," 

We said goodbye to each other and hanged up. Just then I opened the door to my room and caught my two sisters spying on me. They will never ever leave me alone. Why do I ever tell them anything?

"Alex, Caitlin, you have to stop doing this," I commanded. "This is my personal life."

"Yeah, we know." Alex laughed. 

"We just want to see how things go because from hate this turned to love," Caitlin added.

"Whatever," I said, trying not to smile. 

We all walked into the living room and we saw dad with tears in his eyes. I exchanged looks with my sisters but they didn't seem as confused as me. Was there something they knew that I didn't? I mimed 'whats wrong with dad' but they just gave the fake shrug. 

"Dad, is everything alright?" I asked him queitly, placing my hands on his shoulders. 

"Yes," He sniffed. 

He was staring at a photo of a baby that I did not recognise. It was a pale baby with tiny curly hair. It was really cute. 

"Dad, who's that?" I asked him. 

"Its..." 

"Dad I think you should tell her?" Alex suggested.

"Tell me what?" I said. 

"When you were born, you wern't born alone. You had a male twin. He died because he had caught a very serious flu after a month and although he was sent to hospital, it had already been too late so he died," Dad told me. "You caught the flu to she but you were saved. You mum almost went crazy but she calmed down." 

"Dad...you never told me this before..." I said.

"I wanted you to be able to understand. So i was waiting 'till you matured a bit more," Dad sighed. 

I never even knew I had a brother. Why didn't dad tell me? I stared at the photo and smiled. A twin? I wonder what it would have been like to have a twin brother. Would be like each other or the complete opposite? 

"What was his name?" I asked. 

"Dean Adams," Dad replied. "Alex, since tomorrow is you wedding we better be making sure everything is set. Eric called to say he will meet us at the hall." He said, changing the subject. 

"Cool," Alex said. "The beauticians will arrive at our house early in the morning and the hair stylist will come two hours after. You lot better not make me late. If I be a bride zilla, well forgive me." Alex laughed. 

"We'll try," We said. 

***

Claire rang the doorbell and entered the house. She had a huge bag full of clothes and other items such as jewelery and make up box's and some shoes. And other things for her self. She bought me really expensive perfume and some for Caitlin too. For Alex she bought a portrait of her and Eric. Alex asked Claire to get her one before she left and now it was here. 

I checked the time and it was seven. She came earlier than what she had said but she is Claire and you can never trust her with time. She's either super early or super late. But its mostly early because she has a reputation to keep.

"Thank you for all the things you got us, its really generous of you," Dad said. 

"Yeah, Claire." Alex smiled. "I'm glad your one of my bridesmaid.

"Its no problem," She smiled.

"Caitlin finishing all the biscuits," I moaned. She was stuffing herself with the chocolate cookies Claire had bought. 

"Sorry..." She said something else by I couldn't hear what she said because she was chewing at the same time. 

I shook my head and laughed. Caitlin reminds me of Jordan at times. Only when I see her eating. I gave Claire a hug because of the trouble she had gone through. 

"Okay," Alex said, standing up. "Tomorrow is my wedding day and I need some rest. Wake me up at seven so I can have a full twelve hour sleep." 

"Yeah, sleeping eyes are not pretty," Claire said. 

Alex made her way to her bedroom and shut the door behind her. I hope everything goes well and nothing wrong happens. 

"Wait, did you guys choose flowers?" I quickly mentioned. 

"Yes," Caitlin answered. 

Why are they leaving me out in everything? Oh well. What happens, happens. 

_____________________________________________________________________

I'm going to make the wedding come quickly because I wanna finish this book!! I added more to the chapter so it may be different to what you have read before. No body is giving me feedback anymore.. :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715K 27.8K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...
553 92 23
Story of two peoples, their marrige was arranged by their parents for business purposes,Even after one year of their marriage they were like stranger...
171 5 12
Hazel Jones; "if we're going to start something, it's going to be my way." Moving into a new city with her aunt not really the ideal choice of her, b...
509 314 35
This story is about cold guy and warm girl. Deanna and Ae are classmates. And also a childhood friends. They grew up together and Deanna also always...