The Bad and The Broken

By summer___love

Dawn Rayne Falls and her brother, Jesse Falls, are abused by her father, Jim. He is an alcoholic and abusive... More

The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Part 76

Chapter 36

33K 887 97
By summer___love

Ryder's POV

I open my laptop, and go into Google.

I type in what I needed, and clicked on one of the links. After going in and out of different sites, I finally found one that had Dawn's name.

"Terrible car crash in Alabama, caused by drunk driver, Kyle Finnick.

Kyle hit a car with two people, Delilah Rose (25) and Dawn Rayne (8) Falls. The family says it was Dawn's birthday, she turned eight, and her and her mother Delilah were on their way home. Finnick killed the mother, and severely injured the little girl."

I stop reading.

Her mom- Dawn's mom- is dead? That can't be right, she's never told me. Why wouldn't she tell me something like that? Why would she just act as if she isn't?

"Dawn had a severe stab wound in her torso, cuts, and broken ribs, hospitalizing her for weeks. She lost a lot of blood, but was able to be saved. Delilah was alive when abulances arrived, but died before they reached the hospital due to head injury, and severe blood loss."

I scroll down to see pictures of a woman with a man and two kids, one a little girl, and the other a boy that's maybe a toddler.

It doesn't take a genius to know it's Dawn as a kid with her family.

I smile a little when I see little Dawn. She's smiling, showing off her perfect pearly whites, while staring at the woman, her mom.

I look at her mom, and couldnt help but notice how beautiful she is.

But it feels like I've seen her before, and I know I haven't.

Then I remember a drawing Dawn drew. She said it was her aunt, but it wasn't. It was her mom. Why'd she lie?

I also notice how much Dawn looks like her now. She's like a spitting image.

I stare at the family photo. I can't imagine how hard that must have been. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my mom at such a young age, and, even worse, on my birthday.

I close the laptop, a stare into space.

This explains why I've never seen her mother, and why Dawn is so... uptight about things. Could this be why she's mute? Why it makes things "easier" for her?

I understand why she would want to keep that a secret or not bringing it up. Who would want to remember such a horrific event? I can't help but wonder what other secrets this girl is hiding. If she can keep something as big as that a secret, imagine all the other things she's kept from everyone. One thing's for sure; I am going to figure out all of them.

I am going to figure out Dawn Rayne Falls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
629K 18.8K 28
Please note that this was my first story EVER written when I was 12 years old (5 years ago to the current date) and it's not good. There are some ver...
99.8K 2.5K 41
"I am sorry,"I sobbed "Shut up bitch, and remove your shirt."He yelled I silently cried as a smirk appeared on his face. ***************************...
10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...