Gamers

By DeadDontLie

In the supernatural world, the creatures are countless and they manifest among the living undetected. The mos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 23

62 9 14
By DeadDontLie

General POV.

"Oh great, now you look like some Mick Jagger freak." Mia mocked Harry who was wearing a fedora.

"The finest Mick Jagger freak, please." He smiled proudly and took it off.

"I wholly and completely regret shopping with you. It's like you're trying to pick the worst designs or something." She said flipping through the shirts he picked.

"Is that so?" Harry raised an eyebrow and he picked one of the shirts with many florals on it.

"Try it then judge." He ordered and waited. And she nodded a challenging smile crawling her face.

There was no one staring at Harry Styles. Because, one of the best perks of being a Gamer is mind illusion. He could fool every breathing creature in his presence. And all of them saw a boy with an insignificant face, except Mia. She saw the pure pale face, pink lips and green emeralds.

They've been friends for a while now, Mia did all the gossip and Harry was the listener. He let her talk so he could grasp her personality. The more he knew, the finer he could play.

"Looks like you've been long enough around here, to know what's good and what's not." She said coming out from the dressing room with the floral shirt.

"It'll sink in. You know, the fact that I'm always right." Harry bragged.

"Shut up." She said with a playful eyeroll and turned to the mirror adjusting her shirt.

"I think I will buy that." She said to herself scanning her reflection.

Harry came from behind with a golden necklace and he rested it on her soft skin, latching it and leaving it there.

"That's awesome. Did you buy this?" Mia gushed.

"You wouldn't wanna know how I got it." Harry turned off but she was still fascinated by the gold on her neck.

"I love it." She said sincerely, a wide smile spread on her face.

"I thought maybe because we're friends, I should always be there for you. So if you're in trouble and I'm not there, squeeze it and say my name." He explained and her heart fluttered at her friend's kindness.

"So, this is our cell phone? Cool." She nodded in approval and turned to face him.

She kept staring in his arises and he kept searching hers. Their faces were inches apart and the magnet pulling Mia towards him was too strong to resist.

"C'mon there's something I wanted to teach you." Harry pulled away and turned around, smirking to himself.

"Sure, I'll buy this first." She said a blush climbing up her cheeks.

__________________________________

Harry had them leave the car parked and walk till the place they were headed.

"There's something you need to know about my friends, it's that they all know how to shoot." Harry hinted.

"Are you going to teach me how to kill?" She asked surprised.

"How to defend yourself." He corrected.

"Fair enough." She said as they arrived to the training area and Harry held the door for her.

He greeted the man as, Heath. There were a couple of people practising. Harry picked one of the displayed guns and gave it to Mia.

He placed it in her hand and held it steadily. Their arms brushed each other and Harry used Mia's finger and fired at the target. Mia jumped.

"Don't ever fear the gun. Fear the shooter." Harry tipped and Mia nodded.

"Stabilize your hand. If you can't steady one then use both hands. Even your breath." He continued and Mia obliged.

"Straighten yourself, relax your muscles and keep a dominant posture." He advised straightening her arm.

"Don't fix your gaze at the target too much. Fix it where the bullet needs to hit. Try to think more about the bullet's path and destination than having a clear shot of the target." He continued walking around her in circles, correcting her posture.

"Ready to fire?" He asked and she nodded.

"Press the trigger don't pull it. Make sure the gun doesn't move, neither does your hand." He said and she fired a shot.

They looked at the destination and it had drifted to the right.

"Nicely shot. I'm a proud friend." He smiled supportively.

She smiled widely and her eyes twinkled, she had that lustful adventurous look all over her face and Harry thought it was adorable.

"That's so cool." She said excitedly.

"We'll need to work on your coordinates a little more. Try again?" He suggested.

"Definitely." She said getting into position and reciting everything Harry had told her.

"Keep your amo in mind. If you lost count or forgot to reload, you're dead." He continued his tips and she loaded the gun.

"Fixed posture." He reminded and she worked on it.

"Fear the shooter, not the gun." He continued, she nodded.

"Shoot." He commanded and she pulled the trigger but the shot was completely off target.

"Darn!" She said.

"It's okay, practice makes perfect." He flashed his charming supportive smile.

Best teacher ever.

___________________________________

"Oh look who's here?" David greeted irritatingly as Harry and Mia entered his apartment.

"Hello David." Harry greeted politely.

"Hi Dave." Mia pulled him in a quick hug, "Sorry we didn't mean to be that late, but Harry taught me how to shoot!" She said enthusiastically.

"Shoot shoot? As in shoot people." He asked horrified.

"As means of protection, of course." Harry clarified.

"Cool." David faked support.

"Okay, I'll head out." Harry excused himself.

"No no no, wait." Mia said and looked at David for confirmation and the latter nodded.

"We want you to stay tonight. You see, every first Saturday night of each month we have a 'confessions night' and we want you to join us since you're my friend now." Mia proposed.

"Confessions night... Humans are actually more creative than I thought." Harry smiled.

"Keep that thought. Now, here are the rules. 1. You don't get to judge the person because of the confession. 2. Don't drop love bombs, you should gather the guts to say that elsewhere." David said leading them to the living room.

"Like you did?" Harry teased and David faked laughter to cover up.

"Very very very funny guy, Harry." David said and gave him 'not' eyes, Mia just shifted her gaze between the two of them.

"So I start," David said sitting criss-cross on the floor and Mia did the same.

"Harry?" Mia raised her eyebrows at Harry who remained standing.

"I will not sit like that." Harry refused and Mia laughed.

"Just sit down, princess." David rolled his eyes.

"I thought I made myself clear when I said I won't sit down like that." Harry repeated.

"Your boyfriend's ruining confessions night." David whined and Harry sat on the chair.

"It's okay, he could stay there." Mia said.

"Fine, I confess that I certainly am not comfortable with you guys hanging out." David confessed.

"I confess that your over-interference suffocates and annoys me." Mia shot back.

"I confess that I'm honoured to be Mia's friend." Harry, Mr. Fuel to the fire.

"I confess that I totally disapprove of Mia holding guns." David confessed starting to get angry.

"I confess that it's none of your business." Mia responded.

"I confess that my concerns were only to help her protect herself." Harry continued formally.

"I confess that I think you're full of crap." David directed himself to Harry.

"That's enough!" Mia shouted at David and the latter looked completely furious.

"No, that is enough!" He said pointing at the two of them.

"Me having friends is none of your business, David. So stop trying to make it." She finalized.

"I believe you two need to clear your heads without me standing in the background." Harry said and teleported.

"Mia, what has gotten into you? See a murderer was something, but being friends with the Fox is another." David voiced his thoughts.

"I'm trusting my instincts!" She argued.

"And I'm trusting mine!" He countered.

"I don't want to have this conversation again." She sighed and locked herself in the room, leaving David standing there muttering curses.

~

Mia was holding the gun firmly, her shooting has gotten loads better and her teacher was very proud of her.

"Discipline your mind." He repeated.

"Don't fear the gun." He continued.

"Stabilize your hand." He advised.
"Press the trigger." He said.

"Now shoot." He ordered and she fired a shot straight at the target's heart. But the target wasn't the carton design, it was David.

And the moment the bullet hit him, he fell to the ground. Blood leaking all around him. And

~

Mia let out a scream and woke up in sharp gasps, sweat covering her face.

David stood warily next to her, a look of devastation on his face.

"What did I say?" She asked panicked.

David opened his mouth for a moment, his eyes pained then he closed it and thought for a while.

"Nothing you should worry about." He said with a soothing smile which was tormented.

'#^:77:$579,^$489,"9, $79*/

Sorry for the long wait but thanks for holding up.

Can someone please make me friends with Dave and Harry?

And RemzyS & AdoreDrew I'm happy to say your guesses of who took the Crystal are WRONG! But I won't be happy to tell who did.

This chapter is dedicated to PizzaStyless for many many reasons.

And do yourself a favour and check out the mystery thriller teen fiction 'Lurk' by my favourite author AdoreDrew.

Thanks dear readers for holding up xx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 11K 50
Alex Parks had always wanted to be a good person with a normal life. Then a rude, temperamental violent boy entered it and threw everything out of he...
66.2K 2.9K 25
There is no way that I can escape this now; no way that I can possibly escape her and all that lies behind the darkness in her eyes. I've gone too fa...
1.8K 424 37
An unforeseeable death brings forth a dream to suddenly come true. What begins as the sublime moment of triumph and fulfilled fantasy drastically cha...
124 0 29
A killer is on the loose. Kara needs to catch him. Harry will lose everything if she does