So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 |...

由 omgchele

Between juggling the struggles of being a teen parent, going to a new school in a new neighborhood, being rid... 更多

So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 {Synopsis}
Copyright Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Update PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 12
Leaving?
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Published Book Covers
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - THE END

Chapter 31

14.7K 510 1.2K
由 omgchele

The title of the next book is All or Nothing, obviously lol I'm working on the cover right now, well I have people working on it. lolThank you to all the people that suggested people to make a cover for me, I really needed it!

And thank you to the people that remembered I had Prom June 3rd. I had a great time, and if you guys didn't know, that's me in the MM. And I did my own hair and makeup. :)

Lindsey

I took a deep breath as I pushed myself into Theodore's hospital room. I was on my way to work this morning, like every other Wednesday morning, when I got a call from Theodore's school saying he was beat up really badly and he was taken to the nearest hospital for treatment. I didn't tell anybody he was in the hospital because I wanted to talk to him first. And I know if Grandpa found out he was in the hospital after getting into a fight, he'd be pissed off, especially since Theodore passed out and is the only person in the hospital.

"Lindsey," he weakly smiled as I walked into his room. "It's just you?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, it's just me for now."

He took a sigh of relief. "Good. For a second, I thought you would've bought Grandpa with you an--"

"Nope," I cut him off. "I decided to save you the ass whooping for now but I came here by myself because I wanted to get the run down on things before Grandpa got here and started flipping out on you. I want you to tell me everything that happened and don't leave a detail out."

"Alright, well, I rolled up into the parking lot at school like I normally do. I was already kinda pissed off from my conversation with Jaz the other night but I didn't let it effect me too much. As soon as I climbed out of my car, Aubrey and his crew were posted up against my car. I was trying to ignore him but he kept provoking me so I was just like "Let's fight" and we did. I was beating his ass, and I'm talking about beating his ass real good Linds," he chuckled. "But then his team jumped in once they saw he was losing and they jumped me. That's all I remember though."

I sighed. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

He waved me off. "Oh, it's cool."

I scrunched up my face. "Well, you're taking this pretty well. After getting jumped in front of the whole school, I'd assume you'd be pissed off. What happened to you?"

"Nothing. I just got something coming for them niggas, especially Aubrey. He thinks just because he rolls up on me ten niggas deep that I'm supposed to be afraid? Nah," he shook his head. "If I could've fought each of them one on one, I could've one every single fight. But these weak ass niggas like to sneak innocent people and jump innocent people. But it's all right. They're gonna get enough for fucking with them. I got some heat I'm about to unload on every single one of them as soon as I get out of this bed."

I sighed. "You're not gonna unload shit on anybody, seriously. Look, you've already turned your life around for Princess, don't do something stupid where you end up dead or in jail because you won't be able to see Princess then. And besides that, if you aren't using your hands to fight then you're just as weak as they are."

He nodded his head. "I feel you. I'm still kicking their asses though."

I quickly nodded my head. "Yeah, of course you are. You definitely aren't gonna go out like a punk. So as soon as you're finished in this hospital, I want you to find every single one of those niggas and kick their asses one on one so they can know who they're fucking with, including Aubrey. You know he's just showing out because he's got a little money now."

"Yeah, I know."

"And Aubrey's a punk ass bitch if he thinks he's gonna touch you and get away with it. Kick his ass Theodore before I have to get Grandpa involved. I want his ass kicking to be a warning for what Grandpa's preparing you for at the end of this year. Don't be a p*ssy Theodore. If you ever want people to respect you and our family, you need to kill that little nigga because he's in the way."

He nodded his head. "Alright, I will Lindsey."

"And what's this I hear about you using LSD and Heroine?"

He scrunched up his face. "What the fuck? Ion do that shit. I barely smoke and I barely drink. I definitely don't do LSD and Heroine. That shit could kill me."

"Then how come it was in your blood stream?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea but I don't do that shit and I wouldn't even know where to get it from."

"I know you know where to get it from but I believe you. The doctors found small traces of it when they picked you up from the school but since you were bleeding so much, it wasn't able to circulate through your body or anything. I know you don't do it but somehow it ended up in your system. All I'm saying is, protect and guard yourself at all times because not everyone is on your team."

He nodded his head. "Right, and I gotta keep my family close."

"And your enemies closer," I added. "Speaking of enemies, your parents called."

"I don't have any parents."

I slightly pushed him. "You know what I'm talking about. I didn't speak to them but Grandpa did and Daddy wants just me and you to come over tonight for a dinner. He's supposed to be bringing a special guest and they're supposed to make this big announcement. I've been thinking about about this big announcement for awhile now and my money is on Mama and Daddy getting back together because they're just so desperately in love," I rolled my eyes.

"Give me a fuckin' break. I'm not doing shit for them. I haven't talked to them in months."

"Neither have I but Grandpa said it would be a good idea to go plus it'll give you some practice on learning how to keep your anger under control. And I already RSVP'd for us to go so we're kind of committed."

He sighed. "Fine but I'm not eating anything from them and I'm not gonna kiss Mama's butt, since that's what she wants all of us to do."

"Actually, I don't think this has anything to do with Mama. Grandpa said something about Daddy and some lady named Milan Donahue. I think Milan, or whoever she is, is supposed to be the special guest but nobody knows what they're announcing."

"Could be getting married."

I shook my head. "Nah. I doubt it, especially with the way Mama acts. She makes it seems like Daddy belongs to her or something, and he does the same thing. They might temporarily move on from each other but he wouldn't get married or have a baby on Mama."

He nodded his head. "Yeah, you're right," he mumbled.

I was telling Theodore one thing but thinking something completely different. It would make sense that this is some type of marriage announcement, hence why Mama was never involved in any of it. Everything ties back to marriage but it's just a thought that keeps resonating in my mind that Daddy would never completely walk away from Mama to be with some other woman. I just can't imagine that happening. Him and Mama have been in love for years, so why would he suddenly walk away from her?

But, how would I know? I haven't talked to them in months.

Aubrey

EJ and I had been riding all over the city basically all morning. I don't know why but he said he wanted to show me something important. He said what he's about to show me will be our next move. See, we've been laying low the past few months. We've been building up our team and increasing our cash flow so we can afford to carry out our elaborate plan. I mean, you can't kill off an entire family of prominent people without having hush money. So, we've been getting our money together to pay people off to keep their mouths closed.

"Let me ask you something," I began.

"What's up?"

"What's up with this whole Stephen guy? I mean, like where'd he come from all of a sudden? He's been in and out of hiding for months and now he suddenly show back up, looking to help us? His scheme doesn't make any sense to me. I feel like he's plotting on us and he needs to be watched, on some real shit."

"Now, you see, I don't really trust Stephen too much," EJ confessed as he turned down a street.

I scrunched up my face. "Then why'd you bring him in to work with us?"

"Because the more people to take down my family, the better. Look, I'm not trying to go out and find people that I can turn against my family. I found him because I knew he had a vendetta against my family in the first place, and I knew it wouldn't be hard to get him on our team. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't trust him with anything but I'm trusting his word. So far, everything he's told me, he's been able to back up with facts. But it's merely facts. All he's doing is delivering information. I don't trust him enough to know anything else that's going on."

"So, in other words, he won't be here long, will he?"

He nodded his head. "Correct. You know, we can't have any untrustworthy people on our team."

"So, it's the same for that bitch Ava too, right?" I asked.

He abruptly stopped the car in the middle of the street and turned to me. "Look, Ava's been through and a lot and she's had a rou--"

"Nah, nah, nah. I don't wanna hear her sob story because I've heard it multiple times before. I don't feel bad for that bitch and y'all all need to stop using that same excuse for her that she's been through a lot. I've been through a lot and I'm nothing like her. She tried to kill her siblings."

EJ scrunched up his face. "That's what I'm trying to do and I don't see anything wrong with it. Do you?"

I sighed. "It's different with you man. You hate them and you're their blood but she hates them and she's not even blood. An--"

"Which makes what she's doing even more justified."

"It doesn't. Those people took her in and she's turned her back on them. They didn't have to take her in and hel--"

"I didn't have to fuck your Mama, now did I?"

I frowned when I heard him say that. I don't know why he always likes to throw that around whenever we get into an argument about something. I'll admit it, I let him sleep with my Mama a few times in exchange for some money. Not money for me, but money for her. I heard she was having a hard time and I knew I couldn't just give her money directly, so I had to do it in an indirect way. EJ met her, played with her emotions, slept with her a few times and gave her the money I wanted to give to her, and left.

All I wanted was for my sister to live comfortably. I could give less than a fuck about my Mother, but I knew she had to get the money in order for Kennedy to get it. I wouldn't dare go into her house, and I'm sure she wouldn't allow me to come in either. And I couldn't just drop the money off on their doorstep because she wouldn't accept it, so I had to do the only thing I knew would get to her. I'm not gonna lie, I know my Mama will sleep around with random niggas for money if times are really bad, so I just used EJ as a pawn. 

I figured he'd sleep with her a few times, give her the couple thousand I set aside for Kennedy, and be done with it. But here he is, weeks later, still bringing it up about how much of a sad excuse for a son that I am. All I want to do is make sure my sister is all right, he just doesn't understand that.

"You didn't have to shut the fuck up, now did you?" I snapped. "Man, ever time we get into it about that bummy ass bitch Ava, you always tryna bring up my Mama. I'm not proud about what she did but you agreed to it. And if you really wanna talk about Mama's, don't let me run my mouth to Ava about how you've been smashing her Mama and getting coked up with her. Fuckin' crack heads."

He frowned. "You wouldn't say shit to her. You know how I feel about snitches."

"You know how I feel about my Mama, so drop the fuckin' conversation."

"Fine. Weak ass nigga."

"Crazy ass nigga," I mumbled, sinking back into my seat.

"Boy," he laughed. "You really are something else. Now I see why my Dad stabbed you. You deserved that shit."

I clenched my teeth together, just thinking about all the damage I could really do to him. I've got my knife in my right boot and I'm always packing heat. It would be nothing to reach over him and just take him out like I'm planning on doing but I just can't do that right now. Waiting a few more months to finally kill him off will be perfect for me because then all of this plan shit will be out of the way or hopefully it'll be complete. Once EJ mysteriously comes up dead, Ava and Stephen will be next and Theodore will be coming eventually. I just need to keep my cool until some time passes.

"Man, fuck you, a'ight? And fuck your Dad too. The both of y'all little bitches can kiss my ass."

"Fuck you," he mumbled, shaking his head.

As soon as he turned down a street where a school was at, he slowed down a bit and rolled up all of the windows. The elementary school he pulled up to looked familiar but I don't why we're even at one, but EJ was looking dead at something. He slowly drove around the entire building until he got to the playground, where he finally came to a stop in the middle of the street. He kept the windows rolled up as he scoped out the area.

"You supposed to be looking at something?" I scrunched up my face.

"More like someone." 

EJ reached across me and pulled his gun out of the dashboard, making me widen my eyes.

"Man, what the hell you doing?" I asked, watching him check to see if the gun was loaded or not. 

If there's one thing I know, I know you're not supposed to get innocent children involved in anything or old people, but children especially. What kind of crazy nigga shoots up a playground full of kids? Who wants to hurt an innocent kid anyways?

"I'm tryna put some heat in this little nigga Daniel to get this plan shit started. Things have been too quiet lately."

I scrunched up my face. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I told you I wanted to begin with the youngest and make my way up until I got to my Dad, Victoria and Deonte. I want them to suffer the most but I wanted to kill off Daniel first to make things easier."

"Lindsey's son?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah, who else?"

I sighed as I ran a hand down my face. I knew going into this business with EJ would be a messy and difficult situation but I didn't think I'd find myself doing something like this. "Look nigga, I'm all for the plan and taking out the family but Daniel's just a kid and he doesn't deserve to die over some petty shit you got going on with everybody else. I think you're in over your head and we need to just pull off."

It's like everything I said to him went in one ear and out the other because he was still starring at the playground, waiting on Daniel, I guess. "You see, I've been watching this playground for weeks and I've finally picked up on the schedule. The second graders come out here at about 12:30 everyday after they eat lunch. Daniel is always on the swings, every single day."

"Okay but why are you here though? What's killing an innocent child gonna do?"

"A whole lot," he said as he pointed to the swing set. "Look, there that little nigga go tryna finesse that little dark skin girl with the big hair."

I groaned as I looked over to where he was pointing and I almost shit my pants. I knew this school looked familiar for a reason. This is the new school Kennedy came to in the Fall. She's the girl Daniel is hanging out with over by the swing set. "N-Nah, see, you on that bull shit fam," I said as I unbuckled my seat belt. "Look, I told you before we ain't shooting up a playground so either you drop it or I'm getting out of the car."

He quickly turned to face me. "Damn man, why you in your feelings so much?"

"Because these are innocent kids! They don't deserve this!"

He shook his head. "I see how it is. P*ssy out because you're weak and can't handle shit. What's killing a few kids gonna do? Shit. I'm not even gonna kill none of them except for Daniel. The others might be injured, but since you care so much, you can get the fuck outta my car and let me handle shit on my own."

"Cool, you do that but don't shoot up this school man. Please don't."

"Get the fuck out!" he barked.

I quickly climbed out of his car. He grabbed the door and closed it as he pulled off at top speed down the street before swinging a corner. I took a deep breath and turned to the playground full of kids. There was no way I was gonna let EJ shoot up this playground, but now that I know Kennedy's here, I'm gonna do everything I can to protect her. I've failed at protecting her as her big brother already, the least I can do is protect her life.

I looked both ways across the street before walking across it and up to the playground. There was a short gate separating the playground from the street, so I stayed on one side of the gate as I made my way over to the swing set where Kennedy and Daniel were. Kennedy was sitting on a swing next to Daniel still eating her lunch as I walked up behind them.

"Kennedy,"  I called out, causing her to quickly turn around.

Her smile spread from ear to ear once she saw me standing behind her. "Aubrey!" she yelled, jumping off of the swing. She ran behind the swing set and ran right up to the gate that was separating us. I didn't care about the gate though. I reached down and picked her up and sat her on my hip but she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. "I missed you so much big brother. Where have you been?"

I sighed. "I've been busy."

She lifted her head up and looked at me. "Too busy for me?"

"Of course not," I smirked. "I could never be too busy for you Kenneth."

She rolled her eyes. "I told you not to call me that stupid. That's not my name!"

I chuckled. "Fine, I won't call you Kenneth."

"So, when are you gonna come back home? I miss you."

"I miss you too but there's a lot going on right now."

"Like you and Mommy fighting? I know you're mad at her and I know she's really mad at you too but why'd you just leave me there all by myself? You said you wouldn't leave me by myself because you know I get scared at night sometimes. You don't even call me anymore. Am I still your sister?"

"I know I said I'd never leave you and I'm sorry for that, I really am. And you're always gonna be my sister."

"So are you mad at me? Is that why you don't talk to me anymore?"

I shook my head. "No. It's just, sometimes I do bad things and I hang out around bad people and I don't want you to get hurt. I know I shouldn't have just walked away from you but I just don't wanna see anything happen to you Ken."

She scrunched up her face. "You're not supposed to be around bad people. Is Theodore bad now?"

"I don't know, we're not friends anymore."

"Why not? He's supposed to be my boyfriend."

I sighed. "Look Ken, don't get yourself invested in some no good nigga, especially Theodore. Niggas like him are only going to hurt you and get you in trouble. And if any nigga hurts you, then you know he's gonna have to go through me. So, just don't be around bad guys like Theodore and me," I warned her.

She nodded her head. "Alright, even though I think you're good Aubrey. But is that how you got a black eye? Did you get into a fight?"

I nodded my head. "Mhmm. Bad Theodore did this to me."

She frowned. "Why?"

"Because we're mad at each other."

"Did you beat him up too?"

"Yeah, of course I beat his ass. He was crying," I laughed, making her laugh too.

"That's not nice! Maybe Theodore just needs a friend because he's really nice too and so is Jazmine."

"Jazmine's bad too."

"No she's not. I talk to Jazmine everyday."

I scrunched up my face. "How?"

"Because I got a phone for Christmas. Mama said I need it since I'm her only child. But Jazmine gave me her number a long time ago and she told me to call her if I ever need her. She texts me everyday."

"And says what?"

"She just asks how my day was and if I had a good day at school and she always makes sure I do my homework. How come you don't call me?" she asked.

Damn. Maybe Jazmine isn't as bad as I thought she was. After we broke up, I didn't think she'd bother to reach out to my sister. And even though she has, I'm surprised she reaches out to her every day.

"I don't have your number. You have mine though, so call me tonight and every single night before you go to bed and I promise I'll answer. Okay?"

She nodded her head. "Okay. I love you Aubrey and I really hope you come back home because I really, really miss you."

I sighed. "I miss you and I love you too Kennedy but I'm not ever gonna come back home. I can't come back home. Me and Mama don't get along and I don't thing we'll ever be able to get along again. She's really mad at me and probably doesn't want anything to do with me, so don't even tell her you saw me today. Just let it be our little secret, just like you calling me every night. Don't tell her you're talking to me or you'll get in trouble too. Okay?"

"Alright, whatever you say." I held her out and put her back over on the other side of the gate. "Am I ever gonna see you again or am I gonna have to wait five more months?"

I smirked. "I'll be around but it'll always be a surprise when you see me. And I got something for you."

She smiled. "What is it?"

I reached down in my pocket and pulled out my wallet. I had a few hundred dollars in here. I planned on buying a new pair of shoes with the money today but Kennedy is more important than shoes. I handed her the four hundred dollars and she smiled.

"I want you to put that money up and only use it for something really important, a'ight?"

She nodded her head as she stuffed the money into her socks. "Okay, thank you. I will. Bye Aubrey."

I waved to her and watched as she ran off across the playground. Damn. I really miss my sister. If I could, I'd take her away from Mama but I know she'll be better protected under Mama's watch than mine. There's no telling what could happen to her if she came to live with me, but it's not like I could even take care of her on my own anyways. I don't know anything about raising a second grader, and a female at that. She's better off with Mama but I'm gonna try my hardest to protect her from a distance since she deserves to have me in her life.

Once she ran off with her class across the playground, I turned and walked away. I'll be back soon. Now that I for sure know what school she goes to and what time she comes out for recess everyday, I'll come here and see her once a week. I began walking down the street to get back to my apartment since EJ just left me here because he's in his feelings. I don't know what his issue is but I'm not down with getting any children involved in this, even if it is Daniel. It's not his fault he was born to a family of maniacs. He'll potentially be the same way once he grows up or he could be normal like how EJ turned out. But that's for later on down the line. I have no beef with children big enough to kill them over, and if that's something EJ and his people do, I don't wanna be involved in it.

Just as I was about to cross the street, EJ's car came flying down the street. His car came to a screeching halt right in front of me and he rolled his window down. He stuck his gun out and aimed it at my chest. "POW!" he yelled, pretending to shoot me with the gun as he busted out laughing. "Nigga, I swear if you ever disrespect me again, you'll be dead just like my bitch ass Mama. Get'cho ass in this car."

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm good."

"Oh, so you too good for me now?"

"I just need some time to think and I can't do that being in that car. It's nothing against you," I lied. I needed some time to reevaluate what I've gotten myself into. I know there's no way I'll be able to back out of anything now because I've already committed to EJ, Ava and Stephen. The only way I'll be able to back away from all of this would be to either kill or get killed and I'm not prepared for that right now. But I am going to back out of hurting any kids, especially up at this school. I don't know what I'd do with myself if Kennedy got hurt in the crossfire of my madness.

"A'ight, whatever," he shook his head. "You do that 'cause you need to get your shit together fam. But don't forget we have a meeting tonight at the warehouse."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be there."

He nodded his head and pulled off down the street, leaving me to stand there and bask in my own thoughts. Killing Stephen will be easy since he's really not needed but killing Ava will be hard. If I kill Ava, EJ will be pissed but if I kill EJ, Ava will be pissed. It's almost like I'll have to kill two birds with one stone and take the two of them out at the same time because I can't keep doing this. I can't keep letting EJ control my life or I'll end up crazy and alone just like him. And I can't keep putting their deaths off. I have to kill them soon for my own sanity.

Victoria

"I can't keep doing this shit with him," I ranted to Dr. Rogers.

Teddy and I have been successfully coming to see Dr. Rogers for the past five months and I really thought she was making a difference with our relationship. Teddy and I have grown closer and we're trying to work on our communication skills. Five months of therapy can't change fifty plus years of bad communication and fighting. It's gonna take a miracle to fix our relationship, and I thought Dr. Rogers was that miracle, but I guess not.

Teddy's been playing me for months. He's been taking me out on dates, pampering me, making love to me almost every night but then he came back and stabbed me in the back. I thought he wanted to be with me but all of this time we've been seeing each other, he's been seeing some other slut named Milan. I don't who this bitch is or how they met but I got an invitation to their engagement party at my own house tonight. I don't know if Teddy has officially lost his mind but he can't expect me to come to their engagement party when he was gassing my head up about the two of us getting married again.

And I want to know who this Milan girl is. I know Teddy has horrible taste in women, so I'm sure she's just as bad as Charlotte and Shyla. There's no telling what she's like, but based on his track record, she could be another crazy, delusional female. And I'm sure she's fat and ugly.

Dr. Rogers sighed. "I just need you to take a deep breath Victoria. I'm glad you came here to talk to me about your issues instead of arguing to Teddy about them but you can't be mad at him."

My eyes widened. "Why not? He's been playing me!"

"You two aren't even together."

"We sleep together every night and we go on dates a couple times a week. We aren't technically in a  relationship but we might as well be since we do everything a married couple does."

"But that's not a relationship Victoria. Have you two established what your relationship is?"

I shook my head. "No, but that's not the point. He's my man."

"He doesn't belong to you. And if I'm not mistaken, I do recall you saying that you wanted the two of you to leave from these meetings happy. All you two do is fight and argue and he's tired of that and I'm sure you are too. What's so bad about him moving on?"

"I still love him."

"And he loves me too. When I have my individual sessions with him, he talks about how much he loves you but just because he loves you, doesn't mean he's going to spend the rest of his life with you. You two were raised by the same people, have two children and have two grandchildren. You guys will always have love for each other and be around each other but that doesn't mean you two have to be together. If Teddy can find a good woman, why can't you find a good man?"

I folded my arms. "How do you know she's a good woman? I've never even met her before."

"Because Teddy bought her to a few of his individual sessions before. He said he wants to start his marriage off with her on a good note so he'd been bringing her to counseling before they get married. And how have you never met her before? She's been seeing Teddy off and on for years."

My eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

She gasped. "I think I said too much."

"No, you haven't said enough. What the hell is going on?"

"Well, Teddy told me that the two of them met about five years ago. They'd occasionally go out on dates or get drinks or just spend time together. I seriously thought you knew. I just assumed you guys' marriage had been failing for years and you guys were both seeing other people."

"Teddy and I have been in a struggling relationship since we first got together back when we were 17 but I didn't know he was seeing another woman behind my back for years. From what he told me, he said they recently met and he fell in love with her and her personality and they just decided to get married. I didn't know he was cheating on me."

"I wouldn't say he was cheating. He never slept with her or kissed her on the lips."

"How do you know?"

"He told me he never cheated."

"He's been using that same lame excuse for years. He used that same excuse when he first cheated on me with Charlotte. If he's never kissed her on the lips then he's kissed her else where and he probably hasn't slept with her, he's probably done everything else with her from getting and receiving head. Don't fall for the little word games Teddy likes to run because he's a big ass liar. And you know what? I don't give a damn anymore. He can have that bitch. What does she look like?"

"Well, she's a little on the younger side."

I frowned. "How young?"

"24."

I scrunched up my face. Leave it to Teddy to make me look like an even bigger fool. He leaves me for a female that's 24 years old. "Oh. That's interesting. What does the broad look like?"

"Well, the young woman is tall, brown skin and skinny. Everything you aren't."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, throw shade at me," I sarcastically replied. "Of course he'd go out and find some young bitch that'll bend over backwards for him but that's all right. The dumb broad sent me an invitation to their engagement party. She sent the wrong bitch an invitation because I'm gonna crash that party and I'm gonna tell that bitch everything Teddy's 'mistakenly' forgot to tell him. Once I'm finished with her tonight, she'll be running away from Teddy. And you better not say shit Dr. Rogers."

"Oh, trust me," she chuckled. "I can't repeat anything you just told me. I took an oath and I can't say anything that's discussed in our sessions. Everything you said is safe with me."

"It better be."

I snatched up my purse from the chair I was sitting in and stormed out of her office. I can't stand Teddy. I can't stand him. He always does this to me. He always leads me on to believe our relationship is more than what it seems but then he always turns around and stabs me in the back. This is the last time Teddy's going to stab me in my back and embarrass me. I'm done with him and all of his games.

Theodore III

"Just stay still, please," Jazmine begged me.

"Yeah, you really need to stay still," Lindsey agreed.

I just sucked my teeth. I'm out of the hospital. I was just released a few hours and Lindsey's still forcing me to go to this stupid dinner tonight. I was released from the hospital under the terms that I can't go back to school until next week because I'm suspended for fighting on school grounds and so is Aubrey. It's whatever though. I didn't want to be there anyways. Now, I'm preparing for this dinner. Lindsey said she wanted to show Mama and Pops how well we're doing without them so she wanted Jaz to do my hair. Jaz is braiding my hair and Lindsey's trying to cover up my cuts and bruises from today's fight.

"I'm trying to, damn. I don't know why we're trying to impress these people anyways. I don't care about what they think of me," I told them.

"Well I do," Lindsey began. "And I don't want them thinking they have the upper hand or that you were living better with them."

"Since when did it become a competition?"

Lindsey sighed as she pulled the beauty blender away from my face. "Since I said so, okay? Just be still. I'm almost done."

"Don't have me looking like a cake face. I don't want this shit on my face no ways."

"Stop complaining all the time," Jaz rolled her eyes. "Is that the only thing you know how to do?"

I smacked my lips. "Man, I don't even know why you're over here. I'm still pissed at what you said to me."

"Look, I don't have to finish your hair little boy. Your sister called me over here to help you since she said you looked a hot mess. You should be glad I came over here to help you."

"Whatever. I could do it myself."

"Yeah, right," she sarcastically mumbled as she continued to braid my hair.

Once Jaz was finished with my hair and Lindsey was done caking up make up on my face, Lindsey forced me to dress up too. All I planned on wearing was a pair of sweats and an old white t shirt that had throw up and food stains from Princess because I really didn't care. But Lindsey forced me to wear one of my new black Versace button ups and a pair of black slacks. I still don't understand why she's going all out for people who really don't want anything to do with us. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be going to their house tonight.

"You look really handsome," Jazmine smiled as I walked into my room with my watch and Buffs in my hands.

I shook my head. "Don't try to get back on my good side."

"I'm not trying to. You can't stay mad at your only friend," she said as she took my watch out of my hand to help me put it on. "I mean, who have you been talking to without me? Obviously yourself."

"Obviously," I mumbled. "But you need to apologize, while you playing these games. How you gon' tell me you wish I was in a wheelchair again? That was fucked up."

She smirked. "You're right and I'm sorry. Apologize about what you said about me and Aubrey."

"I apologize for calling you out of your name but I don't apologize for what I said because it's the truth and you need to hear it."

She rolled her eyes as she laid back on my bed. "Alright, I guess I can deal with that for now. How long are you guys gonna be gone?"

"A couple hours, maybe like two. Why? You got somewhere else to go? You know I need you here to watch the kids."

"No, I don't have anywhere else to go. I always have time for my niece and nephew. I just need something in return."

"What'chu want?"

"Time."

"Whose?"

"Yours."

"Mine? For what?" I asked, plopping down next to her.

"I have to tell you something important."

"Tell me now."

"I need some time."

"Well, make it quick 'cause I wanna know."

She took a deep breath. "Well, you see, Aubrey and I always talked about going to Prom together this school year and we always thought we'd go together. But now that we're broken up and don't talk to each other, I want a Prom date. I don't want to take anybody from school because I'm not interested in them and I don't want to spend my whole night with them. So, I was wondering if you could be my date to Prom."

I sighed. I didn't even plan on going to Prom. I have too many other things planned that are so much bigger than Prom. "I don't know Jaz. I didn't plan on going to Prom."

"Why not? And what's so bad about me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you but I just got other shit to do. I got business to handle and Prom isn't gonna slow me down. It's really pointless, honestly. Why would I wanna get dressed up just to take pictures? I'm sorry. Why don't you just go by yourself?"

She rolled her eyes. "It's not the same. It's whatever, I just won't go," she mumbled, turning away from me. "Don't you have to leave?"

I sighed as I stood up. "Yeah, I'll be back in a few hours. Bye Jaz."

I stood there and waited on her to respond but she didn't. She just kept her back turned to me before I walked out of the room and down the hall to the room Princess was asleep in. I kissed her on the cheek before walking downstairs to meet Lindsey outside. She was sitting in her car waiting on me, so as soon as I got in, she took off out of the driveway. My parents didn't live too far from Grandpa's house, so we made it to their house fairly quickly and it was already packed. Lindsey pulled up int he driveway and parked in her usual spot. I guess Mama and Pops left her spot clear since they figured she'd come but they definitely used my spot. It warms my heart to know that they weren't expecting me to show up but they're definitely in for a rude awakening tonight.

Lindsey and I climbed out of the car and followed everybody else around to the backyard. "Please behave yourself," Lindsey whispered to me.

"I'll see what I can do. I hope Victoria isn't here."

"She might be but just ignore her."

As soon as we got tot he backyard, Gregory greeted us with flutes of wine.

"Mr. and Miss. Reed, it's such a pleasure to see you two again," he said as he handed Lindsey a flute of wine. "You look very beautiful tonight Miss. Reed."

"Thank you," Lindsey smiled.

"And you look very dapper tonight Master Theodore."

"You too. What about my wine?" I asked, trying to grab a glass but he moved away from me.

"There's Kool-aid in the kitchen for the kids."

I frowned. "Very funny."

Gregory chuckled as he handed me a flute. "Don't tell anybody I gave this to you."

I smiled. "When do I ever snitch on you?"

Lindsey and I walked into the backyard, I was caught off guard. I don't know what this dinner is for but they really went all out with decorating the backyard. There was a stage set up by the patio and a live band was playing music. There were round tables all over the backyard with white table cloths covering the tops, glass bulbs with candles burning in each and flowers all around each table. There were chairs set out at each table with names on the backs of each. There were two long tables that had food buffet style and a catering service was buzzing all around the backyard. Small white lights lined the entire backyard, giving everything an iridescent feel but what really caught my attention was the banner hanging above the stage that read:

Soon to Be Mr. and Mrs. Theodore and Milan Reed

"What the hell did you drag me to?" I whispered to Lindsey. "Where's Mama at? I know she didn't approve of this."

I can't stand either of my parents but I didn't think they'd actually move on from each other and get married to somebody else. Now I really need to see what this Milan woman looks like.

"I don't know what this is," Lindsey sighed.

A woman standing in front of us turned around with a huge smile on her face. "This is an engagement party."

I scrunched up my face. "Nah, it can't be. Lindsey, we need to find Mama and Pops and see what's going on."

I grabbed Lindsey and tried to walk away from her but the woman followed behind us. "Where are you two going?" she asked, following us into the house. "Teddy and Milan are waiting to make their grand entrance."

Lindsey turned around. "Look lady, I don't know who you are or who Milan is but my Dad's not getting married to anybody."

The woman smiled even wider. "Dad? Oh, you two must be Lindsey and Theodore the third. Your Dad told me a lot about you two but I'm Mrs. Donahue, Milan's mother. Mr. Donahue is around here somewhere but you two should have told me who you were. But if you don't know, Teddy and Milan are about to come out any minute now so you guys need to take your seats. You guys are sitting int he table closest to the stage. Milan and Teddy should be out to join you two soon."

Lindsey sighed. "Fine. C'mon Theodore." I followed Lindsey to the most decorated table int he backyard and took the seat that had my name on the back of it. Lindsey sat down next to me and placed her purse on the table. "This is bullshit and Daddy knows it. How can he just up and get engaged to some woman without even telling us? And since when were him and Mama seeing other people? I thought they were still trying to pretend like they weren't sleeping together."

"So did I," I mumbled, just as the back doors opened up.

The music got louder as Pops walked out to the backyard with a bad chick on his right arm. Damn. I can't believe his old ass pulled a young girl like her. She has to be around Lindsey's age or younger. They both walked out wearing all black. She had on an all black dressed that below her knee and her titties were hanging out of her dress, just the way Pops liked for his women to be. Pops had on an all black suit.

"Is that her?" Lindsey asked with her eyes wide.

Everybody was cheering and whistling as the two of them walked into the backyard but Lindsey and I just sat silent at the table. I didn't know whether to be happy that he's getting married or sad that him and Mama are seriously over. I mean, their relationship never meant much to me int he first place but I didn't think they would really break up with each other and actually move on to other people this soon. I just figured they were getting a divorce to keep the attention on themselves and then they'd eventually get back together once the attention died down. I guess I was wrong.

Dad and Milan walked up on stage and she grabbed the mic.

"Hi everybody," she smiled. "I just want to thank everybody for coming out to me and Teddy's engagement party this evening and I hope you guys have a good time. There's an all you can eat buffet in the back, so just get in line and get food and keep coming back if you want to. And I just want to thank my friends and family for putting this together for us. I really appreciate it."

She passed the mic to Pops. "Yeah, like she said, I want to thank everybody for coming out tonight to support us and show love. All of y'all's support is greatly appreciated and I especially want to give some recognition to my kids for showing up tonight," he said as he pointed towards us. I felt hundreds of eyes turn on me as soon as he pointed towards us but Lindsey and I just sat with our mouths and eyes wide open, still shocked and confused. Pops chuckled. "I know they're a little shocked because this is a big surprise that I haven't told anyone but I do appreciate them coming out. But have a good time everybody. There's drinks and food in the back!"

Dad handed the mic off to one of the guys in the band before he and Milan made their way down the stage. They were talking to people as they walked by them but I knew they were walking towards Lindsey and I.

"I hope they aren't coming over here," Lindsey whispered.

"They are. What the hell am I supposed to say to them?"

She slightly shrugged her shoulders as she took her wine to the head. "I don't know, just don't be rude."

"You don't be rude either."

Pops and Milan walked up to us and Lindsey and I stood up. I guess I'll put on an act like everybody else in my family and pretend to be a good son for the next few hours. Pops pulled Lindsey and I into a hug before introducing Milan to us.

"Kids, this is Milan, my future wife. Milan, this is my son Theodore and my beautiful daughter Lindsey."

Milan smiled as she pulled Lindsey into a hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you Lindsey. You're even more gorgeous than how your father described you to be," she said.

"Thanks," Lindsey mumbled. 

Milan turned to me and pulled me into a tight hug too, mushing her large, hard titties up against my chest. Damn. Her titties feel super hard and they're very perky so I know they have to be fake. Only fake titties sit up this well if you're not wearing a bra. She slipped her arms around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. "It's so nice to meet you too Theodore. You really clean up nicely."

"Lemme ask you something," I said, completely ignoring her comment.

"Oh boy," Lindsey mumbled.

"How old are you? 'Cause you don't look that old."

Milan smiled. "I'm 24."

My eyes widened and I could see out of the corner of my eye that Lindsey's did too. "You know how old my Dad is?"

She nodded her head. "Yes, I understand there's a big age gap but your father and I are in love and we really connect with each other on a mental level. I know it's a lot to get used to but trust me, I'm not a bad person."

Lindsey rolled her eyes. "This is bullshit Daddy. How are you gonna date a girl that's younger than me? Are you trying to replace me and Mama in one female?"

Pops sighed as he pulled Lindsey under his arm. "Of course not baby girl. You know nobody can ever replace you but I can't help who I fell in love with. I know she's young but she's really a sweet and genuine person to be around and she's going to be a really great step-mother and step-grandmother to you guys' children. She loves kids and she loves me. She's been begging to meet you two a long time ago."

I sucked my teeth. "She's not gonna be my step-mother, period," I told him. Victoria and I may fuss and fight but nobody's gonna take her place as my mother. My mother already fucked my life up too much, I don't need another one trying to do the same thing, especially not some female that's younger than my big sister.

"I know I'm young Theodore but you two don't even have to call me Mom or anything. Just calling me by my first name is fine."

"That's what we planned on doing," Lindsey rolled her eyes. "What do you want with my Dad anyways? Is it money that you want? 'Cause I can see you spent a shit load of money on this party. Live bands, catering services, lights, decorations and maids and butlers. You spent a hell of a lot of money on this party, and for what? Just so you can take more money from him after you two get married?"

"Actually, my family paid for the party and we're not having a big wedding. We just want to have something small and private here in the backyard. You know, just some friends and close relatives. I want the two of you there and I want Lindsey to be my Maid of Honor and I want Theodore to be Teddy's Best Man. How does that sound?"

"Like some bullshit," I replied, causing her to frown. "Look, you're obviously after money, and if it's not money, you're waiting on my father to die off so you can inherit everything or you got some other sneaky shit planned for later on but I'm not with it and neither is Lindsey. We won't be in attendance to the wedding, so don't even send us invitations."

"Hold up a got damn minute," Pops butted in. "I don't know why the two of you are being so disrespectful but Milan isn't after my money nor is she after anything that I have. All she wants is my love and affection."

"And she can get that from some other man," Lindsey spoke up.

I nodded my head. "Honestly. She obviously wants your money, because why else would she want a fifty something year old man with a crazy ex wife, two crazy kids with kids of their own, a psychotic God-daughter, and two grand children. But let's not talk about your crazy baby mama or your other son you barely even acknowledge exists. My nigga, you don't even talk to us. You haven't talked to us in months so don't try to play the good father role in front of this broad. You're a sorry excuse for a father and for a husband. Mama is crazy but you treated her like shit and walked all over her and you're gonna do the same thing to Milan. And once she's all old, ugly and shriveled up like Mama is, you're not gonna want shit to do with her and you're gonna drop her the same way you're doing to Mama. But let's not act like you won't be sleeping with Mama behind Milan's back," I said as I turned to Milan. "This old bastard just can't get enough of fucking over women and leaving them once he gets bored with them. You better get out while you can because he only wants what's between your legs."

"You little piece of dog shit," Pops growled as he snatched me up by my collar. "You're not going to ruin my night or make up lies on me."

"How can I make up lies when I've witnessed you tear down Mama all of my life? You're a dog ass nigga and you're only marrying her to mark your territory. You probably already got some p*ssy, you just don't want any other niggas getting it so you're marrying her to make sure she's faithful and only gives it up to you. Ain't that right?"

"Look, I don't have time for this shit tonight. All you want to do is put on a show for everybody because you're drunk off of one glass of wine. Learn how to hold your liquor and get out of my house kid."

I smirked. "Oh, I'm not drunk. I'm just getting started nigga," I said before turning to Milan, who looked shocked and completely out of her element. She better learn that this is the norm at every family event. Nobody is safe. "P*ssy. P*ssy. P*ssy. That's all he sees you for and that's all you'll ever be for him. Why else do you think he's with you and you're younger than his daughter? 'Cause you got big titties, a big ass and you probably got a tight p*ssy. He don't want you for shit else but that 'cause you probably dumb as fuck and don't got nothing else to offer except for your body. You're a whore that's after an old niggas' money, but I can't knock your hustle. You get in how you fit in. But in your case, how a nigga fits in you, right?"

Milan's eyes quickly became glossy the more and more I read her for the filth she was hiding behind. She can't fool me into seriously believing she's interested in my old ass Dad. He doesn't want her to fall in love with her. He only wants her for her body. Tears began streaming down her face as she ran back off into the house.

Pops turned to me. "I'll deal with you later dumb ass," he warned me as he ran back off into the house to catch up with Milan.

"Theodore," Lindsey mumbled, shaking her head. "I can't believe you."

"Don't be surprised Lindsey. I'm saying everything you're thinking. You know what I said was true."

She nodded her head as we walked over to the buffet. "Yeah, it's true but it's the way you said it to her. You could've told her a little more nicely that she's a big hoe."

I laughed. "Well she deserved it. Hopefully she'll be gone tonight."

"Yeah, hopefully."

Lindsey and I grabbed two plates each and loaded them up with food to take back home. We definitely weren't staying here tonight because we weren't about to celebrate with these people we don't even know or like. And we're not going to pretend to be a happy family when Dad doesn't even talk to us. Once we filled our plates up, we turned to walk out but were stopped by Mama.

"I heard what you said to that bitch," Mama glared at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay? I'm not apologizing for what I said to her."

"Say no more. You said everything I came here to say to her tonight. Thank you."

"Don't thank me. Just because I defended you doesn't mean we're back on good terms."

"Oh, of course not," she agreed with me.

"Well I'm glad you could see things my way."

"Likewise," she replied.

Mama walked past Lindsey and I, purposely pushing her way in between the two of us to walk out of the backyard and we followed right behind her. She climbed up into her car and Lindsey and I got into Lindsey's and we all pulled off, going in opposite directions. I'm not pretending anymore. Being around Grandpa the past few months has really taught me a lot. He's taught me not to take any shit from anybody and he's also taught me not to let what other people are doing hurt me. The strain on me and Mama's relationship used to hurt me at first but at this point, I don't even care. She doesn't hurt me. Pops completely turning his back on me hurt me in the beginning but it doesn't anymore.

Mama and Pops are both lost and pitiful individuals and I refuse to let them destroy my life anymore. And what they did to me, they won't be able to do to Princess. She'll grow up not knowing her Grandparents because of the way they raised me and treated me growing up. If it comes down to it, I'll play Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa to protect her from the people that hurt me throughout my life. Because I refuse to let her grow up the same way I did.

~~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share.

500+ Comments.

How do you guys feel about this chapter? How do you guys feel about Ava's failed attempt at poisoning Theodore? How do you guys feel about Lindsey encouraging Theodore to kill Aubrey? How this plan of EJ's gone too far? How do you guys feel about him trying to hurt Daniel? Where's this protection and people to watch the family that Effrin claims he has? How do you guys feel about Aubrey in this chapter? How do you guys feel about Aubrey talking to Kennedy? Should he come back in her life? How do you guys feel about Teddy getting married? Will the marriage last long or is he just using her? How do you guys feel about him being with such a younger woman? Was Theodore wrong for what he said to Jaz about Prom and was he wrong for saying what he said to Milan or did he tell her the hard truth?

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

574 28 24
Running your own drug business and having your name well known all over the city will have the ladies gawking over you, some people fear you, and oth...
1.5M 39.4K 47
All grown up and all matured, Victoria and Theodore have so much to look back on. After separating themselves from each other for an extended period...
2M 42.3K 21
Based on a blog post from Lashuntrice Bradley, being a sideline is like your favorite food. It's good while we're eating it, although, once it's gone...