Love Me Curvy

Av loveispriceless

What I find the most hurtful and the hardest, is liking someone to only have them fall in love with my younge... Mer

Preface - Revised
Part 1 - Revised
Part 3 - Revised
Part 4 - Revised
Part 5 - Revised
Part 6 - Revised
Part 7 - Revised
Part 8 - Revised
Part 9 - Revised
Part 10 - Revised
Author's Note

Part 2 - Revised

167K 5.9K 710
Av loveispriceless

Erin

"Mother, for the last time I promise to come to your annual summer banquet," I mumble through the phone. I open the fridge and pull out a gallon of milk, pouring it over my frosty flake cereal. I'd just finished getting ready for school when my mother called. She always seems to call me at the most inconvenient times.

"Honey, that's what you said last year and the year before, remember? I was looking forward to introducing you to my colleagues, but then you never showed up. I understand not attending the dinner, but you didn't show your face during the auction or after-party. You already know how important this event is for me."

"Yeah, I know mom. I apologize that I couldn't make it these past few years and I have my reasons. But I promise you I won't miss this year." I reply taking a big bite of my cereal.

From the other end, she sighs loudly in distress, "Fine, but I'm holding you to that promise. I expect you to be there."

"I swear, I'll make it this year. I'll be there." I respond taking one last bite. Looking at the clock I see that it is already 7:10, if I don't leave soon I'll be late. "Mom, I have to go."

"Ok. Have fun at work today."

"Thank you, I will."

I am about to say bye when my mother speaks, interrupting me, "Erin darling, please come home and visit us sometimes. We all miss you dearly."

I freeze in my chair as I contemplate her words. The last time I saw my family was more than five months ago. It is true that I have been busy with school since I am trying to get everything done before the end of the school year, but sometimes I wonder if I use that as an excuse to avoid my family.

"I'll try mom," I respond half-heartedly before saying bye and ending the call. I didn't have the courage to say the words I promise; because it is a promise I can't keep. Although I love my family, I somehow feel that right now I needed time for myself.

I grab the keys off the counter and head out the door. 

As I am driving, I think about my mother's annual summer banquet that I promised to attend. It is an event that I have no desire to join, but I don't want to disappoint my mother more than I already have. Because I know how much the banquet means to her.

Every year my mom throws a large summer banquet to support one of her favorite charities. Usually, over 500 people attend the event, from CEOs to business owners, and sometimes there are even famous people that come.

The banquet is held at one of the biggest and most famous hotels in town. Throughout the year my mother would collect items or people would donate valuables to be auctioned off at the event. After the auction, there is usually an after-party which everyone attends and socializes.

I had always enjoyed the auction, but I was not very fond of the after-party. Unlike me, my younger sister Grace loves to attend those events. I usually hide away in some dark corner until it's time to go home. I don't blame her for enjoying those parties, mostly when she's usually the center of attention of every available bachelor there.

However, my dislike of events is not the reason why I didn't attend the banquet for the last two years. No, it was something else that I would like to forget and erase from my memory.

I pull up into the parking lot and into my usual spot, as I wipe the unshed tears from my eyes. This is no time to cry and reminisce about the past. In about ten minutes I will be greeting each child as they enter the classroom, and there is nothing else I want to show them except a warm smile for their day. I slap both my cheeks lightly and plaster on what I hope is a "good-enough" smile.

Grabbing my purse, I run towards the school.

Happy that I make it just in time, I put my purse in my desk before standing by the doorway. Soon one-by-one the students slowly file into the classroom. By the time the clock strikes 7:50 am, most of the students have arrived.

Still standing at the door I shout into the classroom, "Students, please take your seats and start your journal for the day please."

"Good morning, Ms. Cooper," says a small voice from behind me. I turn and glance down to see Kale smiling.

Mirroring his smile, I reply."Good morning, Kale."

"Good morning Ms. Cooper," says the low soft murmur. My grin quickly disappears, and my body stiffens for a brief second. I know that voice. My attention shifts from Kale to the handsome man standing behind him. One look and I nearly groan in pleasure. It doesn't seem real, but he looks more handsome than he did yesterday.

It takes all my willpower not to close my eyes, reach my hand towards Caden, and trail my fingers down his hard chest. Praying that he doesn't hear the desperation in my voice, I muster a simple response, "Good morning to you too, Mr. Williams."

Shaking his head, he chuckles, "Oh no we can't have that, you're making me feel old, Ms. Cooper. Mr. Williams is my father's name. Please, call me Caden."

Giggling, I answer, "Alright then Caden, please call me Erin."

"Erin," he repeats softly, almost like he is testing the name on his tongue. I feel myself shiver from delight. Did I just sense a sexual vibe from him? I look up at Caden again and know instantly that I was being delusional. There is no way someone so handsome can be attracted to me.

Mentally shaking my head to clear myself of unnecessary thoughts, I give Caden a slight nod, "Well Caden, thanks for bringing Kale in this morning. Will you be on time this afternoon to pick him up?"

"Yes, I swear I'll come on time today. Sorry again for yesterday."

"No problem at all," I answer just as the bell rings signaling the start of class. "Well, that's my cue. Have a great day."

"And the same to you," he replies as he turns to leave. I can't help but notice the swagger in his stride as he walks away or how nicely he filled those jeans he had on. I have to muster up the extra strength within me just to look away, and clearly, I wasn't the only one who noticed the handsome uncle.

I caught the looks of the other two young and single teachers Jean and Nicole; whose rooms were across from mine. Now, those where the types of girls that matched Caden. Attractive, thin, and confident ladies who were worth his time. Not me.

I'm embarrassed at myself for acting like a teenager facing their first crush. I need to face reality and fast.

I bring my hands together and slap my cheeks a little harder than I anticipated. Taking a deep breath and composing myself I return to the classroom.

*****

Another school day is officially over and this time just as Caden had promised, he was on time to pick up Kale. He even stayed to talk to me. He asked me casual questions like if I was from Wisconsin and how I got into teaching. They were simple questions and yet a part of me was happy he was interested enough to ask.

I am about to ask Caden a little about himself too, however, it seemed like Kale wanted to go home early and watch this new show he found on Netflix, so I don't get the chance. But maybe it is better off that way, the less I know about him the better.

Hearing the vibration of my phone on my desk, I look down to see a text from one of my best friends, Cherry.

Cherry: Erin, where are you? Julie and I are at the usual spot. Hurry, I'm hungry.

Me: Sorry, had a staff meeting after work today. Be there in 10.

Every Wednesday I meet up with two of my best friends and we have dinner together. Grabbing my purse off the desk I sling it over my left shoulder before exiting out my classroom door and the school building. Ten minutes later I arrive at a diner next to a small cafe and a few other businesses. I can already smell the mouthwatering aroma of different food and spices drifting from the diner.

"Erin, over here," my friend Cherry calls, waving her right hand. Cherry looks as beautiful as always. Her long blonde hair is curled and flows across her shoulders. Her makeup is flawless, and she is wearing the latest outfit issued in last month's VOGUE magazine. Cherry has the perfect body and she looks incredible in anything she wears. The large fake glasses she has on can't hide her natural light blue eyes.

Cherry is a fashion designer and owns her own private company. She only specializes in special orders and designs. She had been approached multiple times over the years by large agencies, but she always declined their offers. Cherry always told me that what she enjoys most is designing an outfit dedicated and unique to only one person.

Looking around, I slide in the chair across from her. "Where's Julie?"

She glances up from the menu. "She went to the bathroom. What are you going to get?"

"What I always get." I shrug, ignoring the menu.

"Gosh, Erin." Cherry crosses her arms, "Don't you want to try something new? I can't believe you don't get tired of eating chicken Alfredo every Wednesday night."

"Can't help it, this place has the best chicken Alfredo in town. I wouldn't know what else to eat."

"But look at this menu," Cherry points to the column of food listings, "There is so much to –"

"I couldn't agree more." We look up to see Julie approach. "They do have the best chicken Alfredo here."

"Yes," I exclaim throwing a small fist pump in the air, "Julie understands me."

Julie is a shy redhead with light brown freckles on her cheeks. Tonight, her long curls that usually flowed down to her hips are tied into a nicely shaped bun. The black glasses she wears are a little too big on her which causes her to constantly push them up. The long black skirt she had on ends at her ankles and they match perfectly with her white blouse. Like me, Julie is a little more on the bigger side. Regardless, she is one of those girls who are big but gorgeous.

As for me, I'm just big. I don't have the beauty that Julie has. She just chooses to hide her loveliness underneath layers of clothing that are too large for her. Like me, Julie also has a passion for children. She is currently a well-known author for children's books. In fact, I read a lot of her books to my students in the class.

"I was actually thinking of getting some too," Julie adds taking the seat next to me.

"Fine," Cherry pouts. "I guess I'll get my usual too then, a double cheeseburger with extra onion rings."

The waiter comes to take our orders.

Julie and I shake our heads, "And yet she never gains a single pound."

"Don't you just kind of hate her?" I frown turning to Julie.

"Yes, extremely," she nods in agreement.

Both of us turn to a pouting Cherry, then turn back to look at one another and burst out laughing. We have this conversation every time we get together, and it never gets old. Our love for food is one of the main reasons why we remain such wonderful friends. Although, unlike Julie and I, Cherry can eat a mountain of food and never gain a single pound.

Believe it or not, we met each other five years ago at my mother's annual summer banquet and hit it off right away. Since then we became great friends. We were all similar in age too, Cherry being the oldest at 26 and Julie being the youngest at 24.

Relaxing back in her seat, Cherry asks, "Erin, your mother is hosting her annual summer banquet soon, isn't she?"

"Yeh," I reply quietly swirling the straw around in my drink. "I'm not looking forward to it at all."

Taking a sip of her soda, Cherry questions, "Do you have to attend the event?"

I wait until the waiter is done placing all our meals in front of us before answering, "What do you think? Don't you remember how disappointed and furious she was last year because I never showed up? Plus, I didn't go the year before either and that made her angrier. She made me promise today to attend the banquet. You know me, I just can't say no to my mom, no matter how much I want to."

"But if you attend this year," Julie says chiming in, "You might see him there."

"I know," I whisper looking down at my food, my appetite gone.

"So, what if he's there," Cherry huffs, "That's why Julie and I will be going with you. We'll stay there all night by your side if we need to. We're not going to let one guy ruin our night."

I felt Julie's hand wrap around mine and squeeze it tight.

"Thanks, guys." I murmur sincerely.

"Enough of this gloomy stuff," yells Cherry. "It's time to stuff our faces and regret it later."

I chuckle. Cherry always knows exactly what to say to lighten the mood. Picking up my fork, I take a bite of the yummy chicken Alfredo.

*****

I pull up into my driveway and see a very familiar car parked outside my apartment. Parking my car next to it I get out and inspect the vehicle next to mine.

"Grace?" I question knocking on the window. In less than a second, my sister is out of her car and in my arms for a hug.

"Erin, I missed you." She exclaims hugging me tightly.

Still, in her embrace, I ask with concern, "What are you doing here and at this hour?"

Pulling back, she smiles, "I wanted to see you."

"You could have called. How long have you been waiting?"

"Not long, just a few hours."

I shake my head in disbelief, "You're crazy. Come on let's go inside." I lead the way as Grace follows.

When we are finally inside, I take her to the kitchen. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Just water please."

Grabbing a cold-water bottle from the fridge, I set it in front of her. Pulling up one of the kitchen stools; I sit on it and face her. I wait until Grace is done taking a drink before I can ask the question weighing on my mind. "Grace, what are you doing here?"

Looking at me, she responds, "No particular reason."

Somehow I just couldn't tell if she was telling the truth or not. "Come on Grace, tell me what's really going on?"

"I'm being honest; I came here to see you."

"That's it?" I ask, still not buying it.

"Yep."

"Then why didn't you call or text me?"

"Because if I told you I was coming you would've probably told me not to come or said that you were busy."

Darn, my little sister knows me too well. I would have done exactly what she said. "So that's all you wanted, to see me?"

"Yes," Grace answers crossing her arms. She doesn't look too happy. "Erin, I haven't seen you in over a month. It's not only me, but mom and dad haven't seen you either. We are all concerned about you. Are you by any chance mad at us?"

I shake my head in denial, "Of course not, how can I be mad at you guys?"

Grace frowns, "Then are you mad at me?"

Surprised by her simple statement I shake my head again, "How can I be mad at you?"

She shrugs her scowl deepening, "Then why don't you ever come to visit us anymore?"

I felt like a horrible sister at that moment, but I know I can't tell her the truth either. I am not ready to tell her the deep and painful secrets I have locked away. I am not going to bother her with my problems

Placing my hand on top of hers, I reply slowly, "Sorry, I didn't know time apart from me would make you this sad. How 'bout I promise to come to dinner at least once a week? Would that make you feel better?"

I watch as she contemplates my answer, the wheels of her mind turning. I hope what I offered was enough for her and my parents.

After a brief silence she nods, "Yes, I think that would make us all feel better. Thank you, Erin."

"Don't you have classes tomorrow?"

"I don't have classes on Friday."

"O.K. then. Why don't you sleep in the guest room tonight? Tomorrow I'll cook you some breakfast before I go to work. Would you like that?"

Her frown arches into a beaming smile, "Yes I would," she replies softly but happily. Sliding off the chair she pulls out her phone, "I'll call to let mom know I'm staying over."

I watch as she enters the living room with her phone and I wonder if the promise I made was really the right decision.

*****

Like always, please vote...comment

-loveispricelesss

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

119K 3.2K 10
**Book 2 of the "Love Me" series. Can be read as a stand-alone book.** Do you believe in love? I certainly did not. To be honest, I never cared much...
382K 12.2K 31
They pooped together, They dressed together, celebrated birthdays together gone to school together and so much more. He was her pillow, She was his B...
113K 2.2K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
6.1K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...