The Makeover

נכתב על ידי Spg041

Ugly. That's what she was. And then a year later, she's stunningly beautiful. Beautiful is an understatement... עוד

The Makeover
Planning
Oh gosh
What NOT to Wear
Stupid Quiz
Hair and Makeup
Workout
Dieting
The comebacks
Use the force
Seductiveness
Partayy
I don't have a chapter name
First Day
Getting Nowhere
Sneakin Out
Brusters and B*tches
A date with James
How interesting...
Baby pictures? I don't think so mother.
Accepted Amber? NO
SUPRISE!
Birthday
Hiking?
The great outdoors
Strolling
Descisions, Descisions
My lovey:)
Harsh Relations
Tryouts
The Truth Comes Out
Macaroni like yeah
Confrontation
And the lightbulb goes off...
NoT so predictable after all
Reaction
Call the Cops!
You Only Live Once
Lake
Lake Part 2
NEW UPDATE COOL CATS
L-O-V-E
The name caller
Milkshakes
Stolen Away
Trapped
Eye openings
Morals
help me
The End
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Spin-Off Teaser
Not So Innocent
New story
A/N (Read if you want idk haha)

New Guy

250K 3.5K 910
נכתב על ידי Spg041

After staying up late with Noah, I am very tired. I just want to lie in bed all day long, but at 7:00, my mom barges in my room like always.

"Rise and shine sleepy-head! It's a beautiful day!" She says, opening my curtains to reveal the blinding sunlight.

I squint at the sudden bright light and groan.

"Can I skip school" I mumble.

"Of course not! It's only your second day!" My mother says. She is always so peppy and cheery. No wonder she was head cheerleader in high school.

I do a fake cough and she put her hands on her hips and gives me a look.

"I think I'm coming down with something." I say.

"Hmmm... okay. I guess you can skip." She says and walks out of the room.

I relax back into my pillow and start to go back to sleep. All of the sudden, ice cold water hits my face and I shoot up out of bed.

"Mom!" I say, pouting. She smirks and walks away. I open my closet to pick out an outfit. I decide on jean shorts and a loose fitting shirt with a funky tribal print. I pick out a matching pair of flip-flops and put my hair into a side braid. The smell of bacon reaches my nose and I get excited. I put on my makeup as fast as possible and rush out the door.

As I am running down the stairs, I trip and go flying.

"Are you okay honey?" My mother says in her apron with a spatula. She hovers over me and I feel a bit dizzy.

"Nothing some bacon can't cure." I say, smiling. My mom puts some eggs and bacon on a plate and the doorbell rings. Cassie is driving me to school today and she is early. She walks in talking with my mother and then she stops.

"What?" I ask, going to take a bite of the delicious bacon.

"No!" She screams and slaps the bacon out of my hand. My dog, Tootsie, a brown Yorkie, quickly eats it off the floor.

"Diet, remember?" She says.

"Just one piece?" I plead.

"No." She says, feeding the rest to Tootsie and leaving me with just an egg. I eat that quickly and grab my bag.

"Bye mom." I shout on the way out the door.

"Bye sweetie! Have a good day at school!" She shouts back.

I shut the front door and Cassie takes out her car remote. I hear a click and then I open the bright yellow punch buggy's car door. The car is small and I have to squish in the passenger seat. It totally suits Cassie and though she could afford a more expensive car, she like this one better.

On the short drive to school, we talk about random things. Time passes by quickly and before I know it, I am undoing my locker combination. No creepy note today. I sigh in relief.

"Well hello there." Says a surfer dude with brown spiky hair.

"Goodbye." I tell him and walk away.

"No need to be rude." He says, running to catch up to me. I just ignore him and keep walking.

"This is my first year here. Can you help me around?" He asks me. I turn to him.

"No."

"Please?" He says, giving me a puppy dog face and I can feel my façade giving in.

"I'm sorry, I really have to get to class. Amber!" I say, calling the bitchy head cheerleader over.

"What?" She practically spits in my face.

"This kid-"

"James."

"-is new here. Please show him around." Amber lays eyes on him and transforms into flirty mode

"With pleasure." She purrs and I feel bile coming up my throat.

"See you around." Says James as Amber pulls him away.

I sit in class bored. A crumpled ball of paper lands on my desk and I see the scrawl handwriting of none other than Lily.

"Who's the new guy? Major cutie! Saw you guys talking.;)" Is written.

I sigh and write no response, but instead chuck the ball at Lily's head. It misses and hits the person next to her. The pale boy with dark hair and glasses who is still wearing braces looks up from his Harry Potter book long enough to give me a wink and Lily giggles. Boys and their hormones.

All my other classes are uneventful the rest of the day. In math, my last period, though, I open my textbook to see a note that says, "So now you go for older boys?" I excuse myself to the restroom. I don't actually have to go, but I cannot stay in this room if the person sending the messgae is watching my facial expressions. I have to stay calm and I can't give her the satisfaction. Because I don't really have to go to the bathroom, I just reapply my makeup until I hear sniffling coming from the stall. I walk towards the last stall and knock twice.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

All I get in response is a muffled "Umhmmm" is all the person mutters on the other side of the door.

I sigh and walk to go back to my last class of the day. Who could the person crying be? And why was that person crying? I had no clue.

It is a nice day and I decided to walk home. I wouldn't need Noah to give me a lift this time! I hear my name being called and turn around to find James chasing after me. Not that'd I'd ever tell him this, but he's kind of cute. Annoying and over confident, but cute. But I don't like him more than a friend. I can't. He's the player type obviously.

"Gosh, you walk so fast! It's like you have something better to do than socializing with me" He says as he catches up.

"Actually, I have many things better to do."

"Like sneak out with your boyfriend from the university?"

"What? Noah!? We're not dating. Strictly friends."

"That's not what it looked like last night."

"Are you my stalker?" I ask him.

"Oh honey, you're pretty, I'll give you that, but stalking you, that's not how I roll. It's likely to be the other way around."

"Right...don't flatter yourself. But seriously, how did you know what I did last night?"

"I'm your new next door neighbor."

I sigh. Just great.

"Welcome to the neighborhood." I say sarcastically.

"Oh, and guess what."

"What now?" I ask. I'm home now and this prick is standing in my driveway. Maybe my mom will back over him... oh happy thoughts.

"I'll tell your mom what you did last night."

"You wouldn't"

"I would." He says with an evil smirk.

"What do you want?"

"A date."

"I'll take my chances with my mother."

"You know you want me." He says, wagging his eyebrows and I can't help but laugh.

"In your dreams."

"Every night." He replies smoothly.

"Okay, fine. Just one date though. And it's only because you're blackmailing me."

"Deal." He says.

I walk back into my room. I do some homework, blast some music my room and dance around in my monkey pajamas, and then I plop down on the living room couch to watch CSI.

Eventually, I feel my eyes start to droop and I head upstairs to bed, I do a poor job of brushing my teeth and then lay down on my bed.

Suddenly, my window opens and I try to scream, but a hand covers my mouth. I look at the intruder and sigh in relief when it is only Noah. He removes his hand from my mouth.

"Gosh Noah! Don't do that! I thought you were a murderer!"

"NCIS?" He guesses.

"CSI." I explain and he nods in understanding.

"Hey, I have to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Would you like to go on a date with me on Saturday night?"

"Um..." I stutter nervously.

"I mean, it's okay to say no." He says awkwardly.

"Sure, but I have a question for you."

"Yeah?"

"Why now? I mean I've known you forever. Is it because of my whole makeover?" I really hope it's not because of the makeover.

"It's complicated, but no." He says and I believe him.

"Will you tell me later?" I ask him.

"Promise."

"You better keep it."

"Don't worry." He says, smirking and closes my window on his way out.

I hope he doesn't make a habit of visiting me every night.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

7.8K 313 25
Krystal is popular, rich, gorgeous and a mega bitch. Reese is floating through life after a tragic past. Initially there is nothing but pure physic...
537K 19.8K 48
Alex seems like a normal high school senior but she is not. Anxiety and her OCD rules her life. She had been called a freak all her life and there is...
2.1K 569 41
Standing up to the baddest hottest guy in the entire school felt great to Amy Chesterfield but when she finds herself mysteriously in his arms, she k...
228K 8.1K 35
Jamie is just trying to go through life as easily as he possibly can, but him being gay wasn't entirely helping him at his high school. He used to be...