The Twist of Mate

By dahliacraig13

Scarlet Montgomery lived her life as the pack slave. She was left Omega after her parents ditched her to beco... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Epilogue

Part 1

2.8K 67 7
By dahliacraig13

"YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH!" I tried to start wiping up the spilled pot of chili but I was grabbed up by my hair and slapped across the cheek. I tried not to whimper in pain but I couldn't help it. I wanted to show them that I was stronger but I knew that I wasn't. I was a weakling. An omega. I had become an omega when my parents ran away from the pack to become rogues for whatever reason.

As a young pup, I didn't know that I was one of the lowest ranking in the pack and I was going to grow up to be the pack slave. The last Alpha was gracious and I served him well but he recently handed over the title to his son, Damien. Since he is trying to make a name for himself, he is ruthless. He is the Alpha so everyone follows suit. Well, the older people in the pack don't but they don't live in the pack house.

The pack house was basically the core of the community because it was the Alpha's headquarters. Of course it was huge. There were four floors and a basement, where the cells were. On each floor, there were about fifteen rooms, give or take. The first floor had less bedrooms because the rooms were made into more shared spaces like the Alpha's office, the doctor's office, the kitchen and the living room.

The pack house is reserved for younger weres in training. When they reach the age of twelve, they move into the pack house to start training in their human bodies. Depending on their puberty, they shift between thirteen to fifteen years. Some can even shift as late as sixteen- like me. That doesn't really matter because I'm not allowed to train or shift anyway. I shifted late in my sixteenth year when unfortunately, Damien had recently been given the title. He was twenty at that point and he wouldn't let me shift after that.

After Damien continued to rant at me, I cleaned up all of the chili and decided to just make a giant pot of spaghetti. It was filling and would take the least amount of time. The kitchen had a beautiful color scheme. The countertops were darker granite and the cabinets were cherry oak. The walls were white behind it and the floor was white tile. When the pasta was finally done, I quietly exited the kitchen and went to my room on the third floor. They should be able to smell that the food is done. I knew that if I went to let people know the food was done, I would be setting myself up for some form of punishment.

I went to my room and read. I wasn't allowed many things but one of the older females in the pack was kind enough to sneak me in some books every now and then. She taught me how to read when I was younger and let me stay with her when my parents decided that they would rather be rogues then stay. I had heard a few years later, after I had moved into the pack house that they were killed by other rogues over territory. I felt nothing towards them, well maybe anger.

I remember being very young having them around. All I could remember was them being in love, so deeply in love. I remember being happy. I couldn't have been more than three years old but I remember being happy. My mother would tuck me in and tell me how much she loved me and my father would kiss me on the forehead. I had gotten to the point that when I looked back on those memories, their faces blurred and I didn't remember what they looked like; just pieces. I knew that my father's voice was very stern and deep but he was a very loving and sweet. I remember my mother's long blonde hair being the softest thing that I'd ever felt. I could even remember being sad that I didn't get my mother's hair. Mine was a dingy brown that had no luster or volume but those feelings were long gone. Considering that I know that they left me, I didn't even try to remember anything else. They didn't deserve my thought or heartache.

I was half way through the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee when Damien barged into my room. I jumped in fear and ended up against the wall. He looked around my somewhat pathetic room with disgust even though I liked it. Before it was bestowed upon me, it had actually been one of the rooms that unfortunately was trashed by a young shifter. The poor boy had gotten angry over one thing or another and shifted without realizing. He tore the room apart. There were leftover claw marks and the paint was old and chipped. No one bothered to clean it because it was given to me and not someone that was relevant. I'd only briefly seen other female's rooms but I was content with what I had. I would have preferred to stay with Helen but Damien wouldn't hear of it. He almost threatened to leave me down in the basement after I shifted. I know that because he often used it as a threat to keep me in line.

"Tomorrow is your birthday. Even though I don't think you should, my father has talked me into letting you have the day off." His angry eyes set themselves on me and I swallowed the lump of fear in my throat and nodded at him. I didn't dare look him in the eye because I was afraid he would take it as a sign of disrespect. This would be the first time that I wouldn't have to clean or cook for the pack since I moved into the pack house. Even before I moved in, I had to clean for them. I wasn't allowed to go to school or train with the rest of my pack so they filled my time with plenty of chores.

I heard him chuckle at me but I just ignored it as I continued to stare at his broad and muscular chest. I knew that he was considered very attractive by the other females because I had heard them talking about it. I just couldn't see passed his cruelty towards me. Anyone that can be cruel to a weaker being for no apparent reason didn't deserve any affection from me.

I obviously saw his good looks but I could see that he used him to his advantage. He used his beauty to lure unsuspecting she-wolves. He used his innocent smile to commit offenses and get away with them. I saw the storm underneath his calm exterior. The darkness underneath his light features. I knew that he was trouble and it wasn't just because he used his status to torment me every day. Ever since I was young, he messed with me. He would hit me and claim that I had fallen when questioned. He would play cruel pranks and round up all of the other children to help. I was his favorite target.

"You don't talk much, do you?" he asked. I just shrugged. I talked enough, just not to him. He sat on my pitiful excuse of a mattress, it squeaked under his weight but he didn't seem to care.

"So, tomorrow starts the hunt for your mate huh?" I was very confused as to why he was trying to start conversation with me. He never had before unless it was about something I had to do or had done wrong. He continued "You know, wouldn't it be fucked up if we were mates?" My face scrunched up, not only in disgust but worry about where he was going with his question. It would be the worst thing that I could imagine. There was a chance that if we were mates that he would lighten up and become the loving mate the moon goddess would have intended but that was a very slim chance. "Do you know what I would do if we were mates?" I shook my head; I didn't just mean it as I didn't know but I didn't want to know. He would probably reject me in the worst possible way he could think of. Or he would use the bond against me. I was already his slave but maybe there was something else that he could do that my innocent mind just couldn't conjure because I wasn't anything like him. I held my humanity close to me as if it would save me in the long run. I refused to be anything like my tormenters and I kept as true to myself as I could.

He turned his body towards mine and I could see he was smirking at me but I got a bad feeling. "I would fuck you as hard as I possibly could and then I would kill you. You don't deserve to be a part of this pack but we need slaves just like any other. You truly disgust me and I hope that whoever your mate is rejects you. You're a sorry excuse for a she-wolf." My heart hurt. I wouldn't have minded as much if it was just Damien saying these things to me but this was my Alpha. He was supposed to know what was best for this pack and the fact that he was telling me how worthless I was. I knew that I didn't amount to much but I still held out hope that he would realize the error of his ways and tell me how he was sorry.

He had told me countless times, as many times as he could, that I meant nothing. I was lower than the dirt and I would never amount to anything. That I should just be put out of my misery because I caused nothing but problems. Each time Damien and the others said these awful, incredibly hurtful things, a piece of me was chipped away. I was being scratched raw and I didn't know how much more I could withstand.

When he was done, he stood up but didn't leave. I realized what he wanted me to do so I pushed myself away from the wall and started unbuckling his jeans. He had made me give him blowjobs since he became Alpha. Even before that, he would grope me but I just kept my mouth shut, or at least I didn't tell anyone about him.

I remembered the first time. It was the night of his ceremony for accepting the Alpha position. I wasn't allowed to be a guest at the party, I had to work it. Damien's father had asked a few other packs to borrow their Omegas to help me. I met some nice people but they seemed to have it better than I did. Apparently, being Omega didn't mean being a slave to the other packs. The party had just about ended and I was cleaning as fast as I could.

I had just come back into the house carrying a load of glass dishes. I was bounding a corner into the kitchen and ended up running right into him, dropping the dishes. They shattered across the floor. His glare made me shrink back but I fell to my knees, trying to pick up the pieces. He loomed over me as I tried to gather all of the pieces but I guess that gave him the idea. He told me how stupid I was as he undid his pants. I knew what he wanted so I tried to get away but he overpowered me. I tried to keep my mouth shut as the tears streamed down my face but he held my nose so I couldn't breathe. I had no choice.

He grabbed my hair and pulled me off of the bed, down to my knees on the floor. I let him fuck my mouth with as little sound as possible. If I made noise like a whimper or a sob, he would go harder. Every time that he made me do this, I forced my mind to wander. If I didn't, I would go insane. I tried fighting him off a few times but he would beat me and tell me that I should be thankful. I didn't mean anything anyway so why would it matter? When he was done, he slapped me as hard as he could and left me on my floor, crying with a sore throat.

When my face held just a throbbing ache, I got up and went into my connecting bathroom to brush my teeth over and over again. My gums probably would disintegrate because of how much I scrubbed them raw to get his taste out of my mouth. When I was done, my gums were bleeding but I didn't care. I just wanted to feel clean but I knew that I couldn't. I ran the bath as hot as it could go before stripping out of my old, hand-me-down clothes and climbing in. I hissed at the burning water as I sat down but I made myself stay there and try to relax. I tried not to think about Damien but soon enough, my tears had started blending into the bath water. I knew that he wasn't worth my tears but that didn't make them come any slower, much less stop.

When the water had run cold, I sluggishly got out and pulled on a pair of black sweatpants and an old dingy white t-shirt. I crawled into my bed and covered myself with my tattered comforter. I sighed and thought about tomorrow might bring. I could meet my mate and he would take me away from here forever. We would live far away in a big farm house with a wrap-around porch and no one would bother us. He would man the cows and I would take care of our horse and chickens. We would raise our pups and he would love me no matter what. He wouldn't care about what Damien has done and he would see that I am beautiful and I was worth something. I fell asleep with hope in my heart and a small smile on my aching face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 425 19
I was running from a mean alpha, being chased down by the beta and some other wolves who agreed to kill me. Why me? I noticed that they stopped follo...
68.1K 2.1K 27
I am Maria Silverstone. When I was a little girl, I was kidnapped from my pack. My parents are the Luna and Alpha of the Silverstone Pack, or were...
1.1M 41.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...