Behind Closed Curtains (Desir...

LittleMinx94 tarafından

Some people were blessed with a lucky love story. I just didn't happen to be one of those people. My love sto... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Surprise Character Interview!
PUBLISHING UPDATES AND RECS
June 2023 Publishing Update + Major Rewrites

Chapter 16

96.4K 3.5K 1.5K
LittleMinx94 tarafından

The rest of Thanksgiving break was in a word, blissful.

It was as if Zach was trying to make up for every fight, hit, and slander sent my way over the last two years. He was dotting all over me, waiting on me hand and foot, and never missed the opportunity to tell me how deeply he loved me.

I was in heaven.

This was the Zach that I had fallen in love with. The ever charming, sweet, passionate man that stole my heart with little effort all those years ago. I had missed this man dearly and thrived in every moment that I had with him until the week was up and I was forced back into the painful reality of rehearsal.

This play was beginning to be far more of a hassle and hindrance on my sanity than I had originally thought it to be; all thanks to one terribly tempting and very frustrating man.

I wasn't sure of how I would handle seeing Kaleb for the first time nor was I aware of how he would react to seeing me after our night together a week ago which ending with me escaping in the early morning without so much as a goodbye.

Never in the right state of mind would I have allowed our actions to go as far as they did. I mean, I had Zach and Kaleb was extremely aware of that fact, even as much as it seemed to perturb him.

And yet, even as remorseful I was over Kaleb and I's night together, I was even more annoyed with myself for the maddening reason that no matter what, it was undeniable how much I did enjoy my time with him.

I had fun. I laughed and danced. I felt... free.

It was with those final thoughts and an uplift of my stiff posture that I made my way into the theatre.

"Leah!"

Not but two seconds after I made my entry into the theater, Meg had sought me out with her wide brown eyes and bounded her way towards me. And as she seemed to have a tendency to do with her outbursts, everyone was now aware of my presence.

Tagging along behind her was Jackson, his brunette locks bouncing lightly as he trotted up behind Meg and came to stand next to me. Meg immediately reached for my bandaged hand, taking it between her cool fingers and igniting an instant burst of shock to course through me.

"Are you okay? How's your hand?" she asked hurriedly as she turned my hand around in her grasp, inspecting the coarse fabric that covered over my gradually healing wound.

"I'm fine, really," I replied with a soft chuckle, inconspicuously retracting my hand from her grip steadily.

"You sure know how to make a night out memorable, that's for sure," Jackson said with a playful quirk of his thick eyebrows.

"So what happened after you left with Kaleb?"

I felt my heart stutter in my chest at the mention of his name as the question fell from Meg's lips.

"What? Nothing... I," I fought to come up with a logical lie as to what happened and for some unknown reason, I was drawing a blank.

"Nothing happened. Why?" I eventually spat out the vaguest answer I could muster up in that moment and from the curious spark that flickered through Meg's stare, I knew she didn't buy it.

"Jackson, go away. We need to have girl talk," Meg said as she shewed Jackson away.

Meg hastily dragged me to the nearest corner, rewarding us with the most privacy as possible to unleash our secret 'girl talk'. Meg spun around on the spot and pinned me with her greedy stare.

"Okay. Spill."

"What-"

"Something happened between you two, I can tell. I have this like, sixth sense about these things. Did you guys kiss?" Meg asked, her eyes wide and her face creased in excitement.

"I have a boyfriend, Meg."

"I know that and you know that but I'm not so sure drunken Leah knew that!"

"Meg..." My gaze pleaded with hers to end her interrogation. I wasn't comfortable with her questions and I was even more uncomfortable with the true answers to her inquires.

"Something happened, didn't it? I can feel it!" Meg exclaimed excitedly.

"No, nothing happened." A deep voice erupted behind us, causing Meg's stare to fly towards the voice and every patch of my skin to prickle with hyper awareness.

Out of the corner of my vision, I saw Kaleb come up next to me, his frame, large and his presence as demanding as always.

"I took her home; she fell asleep, and then left the next morning." He paused, twisting his head just barely in my direction, his eyes fixing on my profile and beckoning me to meet his gaze.

"It was almost as if she wasn't even there."

His words sent a spear of guilt crushing through my mind. His words, as seemingly normal as they were, told me that my early morning departure had wounded him. He expected me to be there when he woke up and I wasn't and that hurt him.

I had hurt Kaleb.

Luckily, just as my swirling remorse began to set in, Meg perked back up and broke my concentration.

"Well that's a bummer," Meg mused as she huffed out a defeated sigh, her bangs flying off in stray wisps as her breath floated through her hair.

"I was really expecting some hot and heavy action to happen! I was looking forward to the play by play," Meg muttered the last part just to me with a pout.

"Sorry to disappoint," replied Kaleb as he ran his fingers back through his thick, raven colored hair.

Trust me, you didn't disappoint.

The thought flew through my mind before I had a chance to catch it, flustering and irritating me all at once.

"Alright guys, let's get going! Hope you're all off book! You've had a week to memorize your lines and I expect them to be near perfect."

At Dave's order, Meg gave me a disappointed shrug of her shoulders and swung into action, taking off down towards the stage.

The air around Kaleb and I seemed to triple with immediate tension. We were alone with each other for the first time since that night and it seemed as though neither of us knew what to say, or knew exactly what we wanted to say but were too stubborn to say it out loud.

There was only one thing I had wanted to tell him since that night and now was my chance. Forcefully, I spoke the words before my throat could constrict in embarrassment.

"Thank you."

I caught Kaleb's head tick in my direction as I cut through the thick tension in the atmosphere with my words.

"For what?"

Without thought, I turned to look at him. I should have expected his stare to already to waiting for mine. Alas, I was once again caught slightly off guard as his intense azure gaze transfixed on mine.

"For... everything you did for me that night. For taking care of my hand, for letting me stay at your place, for forcing me to have fun," I admitted softly under my breath, my eyes drifting down from his profound stare that was beginning to make me feel more and more anxious by the second.

"It was nothing I wouldn't do again," he said, his voice deep and intimate but so earnest that I felt compelled to raise my stare to his. Kaleb's eyes fixed on mine, swimming with truth and carnal desire floating through his gaze.

"I'd do it all again," he said confidently with a significant amount of underlying, sensual meaning to his words as he took a step closer to me, his broad shoulder brushing against mine.

"I'd just hope you wouldn't run out on me the next morning. I make some mean pancakes." For the first time today, Kaleb's face ignited with that familiar spark of mischief, his eyes twinkling with mirth.

I shifted uncomfortably next to him.

"Kaleb, you know that can't happen again,' I mumbled as I ran my hand up and down my arm, smoothing down the goosebumps that had arisen with Kaleb's close proximity.

I witnessed as Kaleb's playful features contorted to that of pure annoyance in the span of a few seconds.

"Why? Because you had too much fun? Because you laughed too much?"

"Because I have a boyfriend, Kaleb," I shot back in defense.

He scoffed.

"Yeah, a boyfriend who you seemed to forget all about that night," he spat out pointedly. Then, he turned into me, bringing his towering frame over mine and his solid chest flush against mine, causing my head to crane back reflexively and a small gasp to slip through my lips.

Kaleb's eyes searched through mine, hunger and determination swimming through his stare.

"A boyfriend who apparently can't even make you come like I can."

A thrill of excitement shot through my body and pulsed all the way down to my core at the sound of his gruff, dominant voice recalling back to the mind-shattering orgasm he had given me.

Promptly, my breathing intensified into soft pants and every inch of my body sparked and yearned for Kaleb's touch once again.

This is so wrong.

Why my body was responding this way and seemed to always answer Kaleb's erotic call was beyond me. All I knew is that it was wrong. I had Zach and things were finally getting better between us and I wasn't willing to give that up for anything in the world; certainly not for the selfish needs of pleasure.

"We have to go."

"Not yet," Kaleb denied with no room for question.

"Talk to me, Leah." Kaleb's eyes implored mine, his brows dipped in urgency.

"You said so many things to me that night, Peaches and I can't stop thinking about them. I can't stop thinking about you. Something changed that night between us and you can't say that you didn't feel it too because that's bullshit."

My heart surged in my chest, my body beginning to overload with Kaleb's proximity and words and it only amplified as Kaleb rested his forehead against mine, the most tender look engraved behind his eyes.

"You don't kiss someone like you kissed me if you don't feel something for them." His breath fanned out across my face gently as he spoke, wafting through my nostrils and confusing my senses.

"Kaleb, please..."

"What, Peaches? Tell me what you want," he spoke so intimately, so compassionately it brought a bout of threatening tears to my eyes, my emotions becoming too much to deal with.

I couldn't do this now.

"We have to get on stage," I whispered out dejectedly.

Kaleb's face became stoic and unreadable, his eyes hardening as he took a step back.

"I don't get you."

My eyes snapped up to Kaleb as he shook his head, his eyes far off and swirling with a terrible amount of frustration.

"You are by far the most confusing woman I have ever met and it pisses me off!" he erupted, his voice quiet enough not to gain any onlookers but harsh enough to drive the point home.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, just let me in! I'm trying so hard to understand you Leah and you aren't making it easy for me." Kaleb's eyes were burning into mine, scorching themselves into my mind with the desperate need entrapped in his gaze.

The look was enough to throw me overboard.

"Well, did you ever consider I don't want you to understand?" I finally snapped, my eyes livid and trained on his. "Did you ever consider that letting people in isn't something I'm used to doing? That I'm someone who likes my privacy and there's a reason for that?"

By the bewildered look floating through Kaleb's stunted stare, I knew his answer.

"No, I didn't think so."

With that, I turned on my heel, leaving Kaleb in the dirt as I made my way up on the stage to begin rehearsal.

Rehearsal continued on after that point as usual. Kaleb and I kept it professional on stage, not giving away any inkling that him and I just partook in quite a hefty spat. Things went on this way for the first two hours of rehearsal as we as a cast stumbled our way through our first full run through of the show without our scripts.

At the end of those two hours came our break.

"So, is anybody up for drinks again after rehearsal? We could all go to the same bar. I wanna see your one waitress friend again, Kaleb," Jackson offered up with a smirk as he worked his way over to Meg and I over on stage right.

"She was more into Leah than she was you, Jackson," Meg retorted with a smug smile sent Jackson's way.

Jackson ignored that comment.

"So, what to you two say? Wanna go get a little drunk again? This time without Leah exploding her blood everywhere and then passing out on us?" He looked back and forth between her and I with an expectant expression.

"I'm good. Thanks though. Last time was plenty enough to last me a life time."

"Oh, come on!" Jackson whined as I gave him my disappointing answer and stomped his way towards me like a disobedient child.

"You had so much fun last time! You said you loved drinking! You were two seconds away from dancing!"

"And that's just another reason why I'm gonna have to pass," I said with a light chuckle. "I don't dance. Not in public at least."

"Come on, your feet were itching to dance with me that night! Show us some of those mad dance moves now," Jackson ordered of me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Jackson let the woman be," I heard Meg say from the background but Jackson ignored her comment and held his hand out to me.

"Come on, dance with me."

"I don't think so," I mumbled while shaking my head, steadily becoming increasingly more and more squeamish under his acute gaze and full attention.

"Come on! It will be fun. I promise!" Jackson began to rock his way towards me even more so, snapping his fingers and bouncing along to a beat of his own in his head.

Yet, even as a tiny grin tried to wiggle its way onto my face, I stayed my ground and once again shook my head.

I watched as Jackson halted his dancing and dropped his head back in exasperation. Seconds later, caution bloomed inside of me as Jackson pulled his head back right and connected our gazes, a mischievous glint sitting in his stare.

"Fine, guess I'll just have to do it for you!"

In one swift motion, I felt myself flying through the air until my entire body was thrown over Jackson's shoulder with him holding onto my legs to support my weight.

The sudden action sent an instantaneous terror slicing through my mind and impaling through my sated anxiety all at once, awakening it with a brutal startle.

My skin burned, my stomach churned, and my mind cried out as Jackson began to spin me around over his shoulder, laughing the whole time and totally unaware of the sheer panic that was crashing about through my mind and sending my body into an uncontrollable panic attack.

"Put me down," I mumbled out through way of my panicked stutter, my throat tightening and stealing away most of my voice. My entire body crawled in desperation as I felt the air being swept away from my lungs and my mind began to thrash about as an entirely new alarm set into my blood stream.

I couldn't breathe.

"Please!" I cried out, using the last bit of air I had as I kicked my legs out desperately behind me to try and get him to let go.

Oh god.

My entire body was out of my own control as it trembled violently as Jackson continued to swing me through the air. Jackson ignored my cries, mistaking them for false as hot tears began to stream down my face as I physically couldn't take in any more air into my pained lungs.

My chest burned and clenched in agony as my panic increased with every passing moment, my head swimming with uncontainable fear. I began to cry harder and I used what bit of strength I had to begin pounding my fists on Jackson's back.

"Put me down! Please!"

"Put her the fuck down now!"

Seconds later, my feet came in contact with the ground. My legs were shaking so violently though that they couldn't even begin to hold up my own weight.

I felt the earth move around me as I began to fall only to be braced back against a solid chest. Hot hands grabbed around my arms and turned my body around so I was facing them.

I wasn't sure who my savior was though as my eyes were slammed shut tight as my chest continued to sear in agony as it cried out for air. I couldn't control it. I couldn't control anything. Absolute terror and panic had taken my mind hostage as my body rushed with unfiltered emotions and my mind flailed helplessly.

I was totally and utterly powerless.

"Leah, look at me."

I couldn't focus on the words, they were foreign to me and seemed all too impossible of a task to complete when all I wanted to do was pass out and escape the maddening hysteria encompassing around my fragile mind.

"Leah, I need you to look at me," the voice once again ordered, having to raise their voice loudly to be heard over my frantic and erratic sobs that persistently wracked my shaking body.

Calloused warmth grabbed my cheeks and thrust my head upwards, the contact causing my eyes to fly open in fright.

"No!" I cried out at the sudden touch.

Calming blue eyes latched onto mine, eluding an abundance of comfort and warmth.

"Breath with me, Peaches," Kaleb calmly instructed, his voice even and low, so low that I had to force myself to focus on his words more; which in turn began to relax my frantic mind.

I did as he said. My breathing was uneven and chopped but as Kaleb laced his fingers through both of my hands and brought them up to place it on his chest, letting me physically feel his breathing pattern and fall into sync with it, I began to calm down.

Soon, my tears subsided as Kaleb thoughtfully brushed each one of them away as they slipped from my glassy eyes. Relief wafted through my veins and my mind steadied as I kept my eyes fixed on Kaleb's as I let myself float through his calming, river blue stare.

It was over.

Every muscle in my body ached and I was simply exhausted. All I wanted to do was fall into Kaleb and let sleep take me away from the horrifying reality of what just happened in front of my cast mates.

"You good?" Kaleb asked.

I nodded, my eyes still wide and astonished on his.

We continued to stare at each other, my gaze watery and shocked and his, churning with a thousand different emotions, one thing shining through clearly over the others.

Realization.

I watched on, our eyes still fixed on each other's intently as Kaleb's entire face began to fall; his full lips turning down and his entire face, crestfallen.

Without a word, he turned away from me and began stocking off in the opposite direction. I was left fully confused but more than anything, I was left scared.

Scared because that look... the look Kaleb held in his radiant stare said that he knew.

Kaleb knew.

Here you go guys! KALEB KNOWS SOMETHING! The next chapter is a big one and one you've all been waiting for lol 

What did you think of Kaleb and Leah's fight?

Kaleb totally knew how to calm her down from her panic attack and now he's crazy suspicious! How do you think he knew how to calm her?

Please leave your comments and vote if you loved it and can't wait for the next one! Love you all! :)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

274K 32.7K 24
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
523K 49.3K 34
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
2.7M 151K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.7M 105K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...