Hear My Voice [On Hold]

By Illygurl3

This is a story about a girl who has a troubled past and fell in love with her best friend. Her father was in... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (One Year Later)
Chapter 12 (Explicit)
Chapter 13 (Pt. 1)
Chapter 13 (Pt. 2)

Hear My Voice

392 3 0
By Illygurl3

Chapter 1

Violet’s POV

The rain falls slowly out of the sky. I walk down the hill, wandering aimlessly. This street isn’t very busy, which is strange for Montreal. There are only four people other than me walking down the street; one person all the way at the top of the hill, one all the way at the bottom. And crossing the street in front of me is an elderly Asian woman and helping her cross the street, holding an umbrella over their heads, is an Asian boy/young guy my age. He’s head and shoulders taller than me, with chocolate brown hair cut in layers, ending at the bottom of his neck. His suit is white, so are his shoes and socks. Even though it’s raining, his clothes are dry and perfectly clean. His eyes are warm, the color of melted milk-chocolate. As I step into the street, so does he. I pass on his left, narrowly avoiding a huge puddle.

Later that night I take off my sweater and hang it behind the bathroom door. At 10:45pm, I go to take my bath. While I’m sitting, relaxing in the bubbles, my gaze falls on my sweater pocket. There’s a paper sticking out, but I know I didn’t put anything in my pocket today. I go take it out of my sweater pocket, it’s folded. I open it and all it says is: 11:15pm, your balcony window, tonight. Don’t be late.

It’s 11:10pm now. I lean back in the water, debating whether to go or not.

11:13pm

I get up and put on a bathrobe. At 11:14 I step out onto my balcony.

“Down! Look down!”

He’s there, still dressed in white. In the dark of the night he looks like an angel sent to save me.

“Why don’t you come up?”

“I can’t get in. Lend me your key.”

Even though he’s beautiful I hesitate to throw him my keys.

“How am I supposed to trust you? I don’t know you. What’s your name?”

He hesitates. “I can’t tell you that yet.”

Now I hesitate, but the mystery appeals to me. And for some reason, he seems familiar; like I used to know him or something. I lean over the side of the balcony.

“Here.” I throw down my keys. He smiles and disappears below me. I assume he went into the hotel. I walk back into my room, running my hands through my hair. And then I hear it in my head. Can you hear me? It’s not me that thought that. I’m sure I didn’t. I know you can. It’s not me! Which key opens your door? I run to the bathroom, throw on some clothes and drag a comb through my hair. Which floor are you on? Four. I can’t believe I answered him! Room number? Fifty-six A. Oh my god, why? I mean he is really hot. And he’s got the mystery that I like. Thank you. One day you’ve got to tell me that out loud. No way! Stop listening to my thoughts! Then stop thinking so loud. I’m not. Which key opens your door? The one with the... The door unlocks. Found it. He’s standing in my doorway and looks even more beautiful than I thought.

“Thanks. Did you notice that we say our capital F’s the same way?” WTF? He runs a hand through his hair. It musses up and I have to hold myself from going to fix it. You can if you want. Besides, I do have your keys. If he leaves, I’m going to be so mad. You would?

“Well yeah, you have my house keys, car keys, hotel room keys, and my bike keys. And my studio keys and my friend’s house keys.”

“So, what’s the deal? You have what type of car?” He sits down on my couch after closing my door.

“I have a BMW and a Harley. But it doesn’t really matter.” I sit down on the floor in front of him. Looking up, I see surprise written all over his face. I start picking at the carpet. “Why do you even care?”

“Are you freaking loaded?” He looks really confused. Are you? No, I’m not rich.

“Um, house, car, bike, studio.... Yeah, you are.” He seems even more bewildered. I don’t understand why. It’s because I didn’t expect that from you. Well, what did you expect?  A poor girl? Well I guess you were wrong. No! I didn't expect you to be poor. I just didn't- expect me to be able to buy that much stuff? Something like that. Hey! You changed your g! No! Yeah! No!

"Whatever. I'm guessing you don't speak out loud that often."

"No, I don't." He shifts. "It shows?"

I hold back a laugh. Hey! Not nice. So?

"Yes it shows." A lot. I heard that. Sorry! I keep forgetting that you can hear me. It's kind of weird.

"It isn't." I was teasing!

"Well, if you say so." He kicks off his shoes and holds his hand out to me.

"What do you want?"

"Come here." But I don't know him!!!

You know me better than you think. I don't think so... Trust me. I can't help but to hesitate: why should I trust him? He's still holding out his hand, not demanding, but offering it to me. You can say no. I won't be mad! It is, after all, your choice.

"I know. Just give me some time to think." He starts to get up. But I don't want him to go. He's standing and looking for his shoes. I don't want him to go. Say it out loud or I will leave. Why? Because when you put your thoughts into words, they affect me more. He ties his shoes. Stands up. And as he reaches for the door handle, I decide.

"What's your name?" He stops. What?

"Your name, what is it?" David.

"I don't want you to leave." Why?

"Because I know if you go, you won't come back. Even if I call you. I can tell." He turns to face me. You're right. I wouldn't came back, even if you called for me.

"Come sit down." I hope he stays, I'm already starting to like him. He's still standing at my door, his hand on the handle. I'm starting to think that he's not going to stay.

"David?"  What?

"Sit down."  Where?

"On the chair, on the bed, on the floor. I don't know." Where do you want me to sit?

"Near me." Take my hand. That was not an offer, that was an order. You can trust me. I swear. Should I really trust him? You've already let me in your room. That's trust enough. So I do it. I reach out and take his hand. The second my fingers touch his, a shock flows through me. I slide my hand around his and he pulls me up, I end standing close to him. So close I can hear him breathing. His hand is warm. So close that he doesn't have to lean in, he only has to lean down to brush his lips against mine. They're soft and full and I can feel his power being held back. His free hand slides up my back, up to cup the back of my neck. My right hand crawls up the front of his jacket and undoes the two buttons holding it closed. And two minutes ago you didn't trust me? So? Things change, no? Yes, but... His mouth moves to my throat. My left hand lets go of his and tangles in his hair. His newly freed hand slips under my shirt. That's when I remember that I'm actually not, you know... You aren't? Stop listening! Too late; his hand slides all the way up my back to where my bra should be. Oh. Shhh.... I guide his mouth back to mine. He walks me backwards into a wall and my fingers that were resting on his chest undo all the buttons on his shirt. I lean away from him a little bit to see his chest. It ripples with muscle and looks smooth. He runs his fingers up and down my spine. Don't think dirty about me. Get out of my head! Make me. He presses his mouth down my neck and when he opens his lips to lick my skin, I arch my back. Damn! You okay? Yeah, I'm okay. I lift my hands to his shoulders and push off his jacket, it falls to the floor. His shirt follows. I want you to do it again. Do what? That. What, this? His presses his mouth to my neck and opens his lips, sliding his tongue over my skin. I can't stop myself from shuddering.

"Oh." What? I can't find my voice. Do it again. He does. I shiver and make a little gasping sound. He pulls me to the bed. You should go to sleep before you get me in trouble. No, please stay. I'll be good. But I can't make any promises. I don't care. He lays down beside me. But what happens if you get me in trouble? He'll get himself in trouble. So you won't take any responsibility?

"No, should I?" Yes, you should.

"Ah, well I guess we have a problem..." I can't keep my eyes from dropping to his chest. I know he can hear me, but I don't want him to ruin this moment. Cheesy, but whatever. I let my eyes wander over his body. I watch the rise and fall of his breathing and I can tell he's watching mine. I fell his hand rest lightly on my stomach.

"I think that I'm tired now." You should be; it's 1AM. You should go to sleep.

"You'll be there when I wake up?" My voice comes out as a sleepy mumble, yeesh. I hope he'll be there. If you want me to.

"Then you'll be there." He spoons himself around me. I relax and am lulled to sleep by his embrace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

BLUE By harpiche

Short Story

34.5K 1K 16
my light, my misery, my tainted blue. ↳ I didn't mean to break your heart. • • • • • • where a girl in fear of being alone...
50 24 19
A girl goes through various emotions as she tries to make it through a hard life, where everyone she knows either betrays her or hurts her physically...
146K 5K 32
gxg- Y/n and her sister Cady, take on something more difficult than the African wilderness. High school
731K 26.3K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...