Now or Never

By AnabelleRomano123

More

Now or Never
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Five

12 2 0
By AnabelleRomano123

It was halfway through the game and everyone was tense in their seats watching the whole game unfold. I bit the inside of cheek almost to the point of blood rushing out. It was so far a tie and our team was trying to get a goal. 

" oh shit look that ugly pig, the hell is he doing" Kasey muttered getting off the bench to look over at the opposing teams player. 

He was pretty big , heavier than any of the other players. Which looked like it was against him this whole game as he was losing his breath a lot of the time. I watched as he tried to steal the ball away from Jarrett with no luck. 

" so I was talking with Noah and " She stopped talking and screamed as our team got a goal. " take that you stupid yellow oompa loompas" Kasey screamed stomping her feet. I giggled watching one of the team members stare at her. 

Kasey was a small ball of energy but when she's angry the whole world better watch out. She didn't play nice when pissed off. Known to make some people's lives a living hell. Like that time freshman year she put some guy in his place for calling some other girl ugly and fat. That kid to this day runs from Kasey in the hallway. 

" what were you saying?"

" he didn't ch" Once again she began her sentence only to stop completely. I turned to the field in time to see Noah kicking the ball towards the goalie. 

Another intense moment rippling through the crowd. The other side yelling at their team members to get the ball away. As we began to cheer, our school standing up proudly. Soon that same guy wound up running after Noah. In a swift move he stuck his leg under Noah and everything went downhill from there. I gasped , immediately rushing from the bench heading for the field. 

Everyone was surrounding Noah as I got there. The whole school on their feet calling foul. Only to stop talking for the sake of Noah. I kneeled beside him, as he clutched his knee. Eyes shut tight, from the pain. 

" are you okay?" I asked resting a hand on his shoulder. His green eyes fluttered open as they starred into mine. 

" yeah, atleast I hope so" He muttered sitting up. The medics came over instantly checking his knee to see if everything was fine. 

" you shouldn't play Noah" I said as he looked over at me with a smile. 

" I'll be fine, seriously" He told me getting up from the ground. I could see the pain in his face as he shifted onto the bad leg. Bending his knee a little. 

" Noah" I replied sternly crossing my arms. 

" listen Princess , everything is fine" He assured me, placing both hands on my shoulders. The coach came over clapping Noah's back. With a swift kiss on the cheek he was back in the game. As the player who tripped him was out. 

I headed towards the bench where Kasey sat with a worried look on her face. She glanced at me with a frown. 

" he wanted to play, I really can't keep him from not doing so" I said watching as the game continued on. My hand resting on my cheek where he kissed me. A smile lighting up my face. 

The game finally ended towards the end of the afternoon around seven. Our team winning of course with 5-3. Everyone was cheering as our marching band played a tune on the sidelines. The cheerleaders doing their little dance. Slowly people began to leave the place, talking about the falls Noah had. Yes, plural. Two other people tripped him but he kept saying everything was fine. 

" you guys were so good!" Kasey exclaimed minutes later as Jarrett came running over to the bench. He grinned as they began to kiss each other. 

" I need a victory hug" Jett shouted as the team slowly was coming over. I giggled opening my arms wide enough for him to come into. Reece joining in. I scrunched my nose from the stink of their sweat but let them hug it out. 

The whole team including the coaches came together hugging. After a few more seconds of non stop sweat touching me I shimmied out of the group circle. The guys all parted ways heading for their cars. Getting ready for the group bonfire that we were having. 

~*~

 The bonfire was everyones favorite part of the whole day. As the guys were at their houses getting showered and dressed us girls were setting up things. Unpacking all the logs from the small shed in Jarrett and Reece's backyard. Rolling them down to where we would create the fire. Right on the sand before the lake. 

" do you have the sticks?" Lisa asked as I shook my head. Pointing to the pile of branches that were on the ground. 

None of us girls knew how to make them sharp enough for the marshmellows. Kasey was doing her best of not letting the logs roll into the lake like the other two did. Meaning we had two less logs. 

" shit! stupid freaking wood" She screamed kicking the log. I widened my eyes watching as she fell to the ground in pain. Yelling curse words. 

Lisa and I burst out laughing quickly taking pictures of Kasey with weird faces of pain. She glared at us getting up and ripping her TOM off. Starring at the big toe painted red from the hard kick. With a pout she jumped on one leg over to the lake sticking her toe inside the frigid water. 

" oh crap, this is colder than last nights icecream" She whined holding her toe to get rid of the pain. I rolled my eyes going over to the small table set up with food. 

" Kasey stop being a weirdo and get stuff done" Lisa groaned throwing a large pile of wood down. None of us knowing how to actually start a fire. 

" wait get some hairspray isn't that flammable?" Kasey asked hobbling back over to us. I tapped my chin thinking over that.

" yeah good idea, and get newspaper or like nailpolish that's flammable also" Lisa exclaimed as both girls seemed really excited. 

I shook my head knowing that is a bad idea. From what my dad taught me about fires it was that anything flammable like this isn't a good thing. Still rubbing two rocks won't do anything either. 

" how about we search it on the internet" I tell them whipping out my iPhone from my bra since I had no pockets. Both girls nodded crowding around me as we began to look into how to make a bonfire. This was such hard work for one little thing. 

Ten minutes later we were sitting on a log really tired from trying to build a bonfire. Failing completely since the wood wouldn't light up. All three of us upset and done with even starting this thing. So Kasey got some bonfire app and placed her phone on a piece of wood. All of us starring at it with a smile. 

" it's so pretty" I sigh in content watching the small flames on the screen. Lisa nodded taking another sip of her hot chocolate. 

" you guys are complete failures" Reece shouted from the other side. We stood up the blanket dropping from our shoulder.

The guys walked through the place heading for the pieces of wood beside each other. Kasey grinned limping over to her boyfriend who starred at her foot. She immediately jumped on him, as they kissed. 

" what is this?" Reece questioned setting down a box full of random things. I grabbed Kasey's phone showing him the bonfire we made. 

" your pathetic" Noah scoffed with a roll of his eyes. I gasped slapping his shoulder lightly, getting a little offended. 

" listen , were girls we have no idea how to start a fire and frankly we are very flammable" I explain to the guys, as Lisa and I hold up our manicured hands. 

Noah smiled grabbing some fire starters from the box as both guys began to make the bonfire. Making us hold a few of the papers and some of the liquid that would start it. Lisa and I took mental notes making sure to know how to do this later on. 

" that is how you do it" Jett smiled clapping his hands. All three guys high fiving each other. I rolled my eyes going over to the table and grabbing the sticks that Reece sharpened. 

Everyone came over to the logs taking a seat on them, snuggling closer to the fire. Keeping us warm in the chilly air. It was still March and rather cold at night. Just the beginning of Spring. I wrapped the large blanket over my shoulders , letting it envelope me. 

" why are you in slippers? weirdo" Jett asked nudging me with his shoulder. The guys looked down at my brown bear slippers with a laugh. 

" why are you wearing flip flops" I retort placing my slipper on top of his bare foot.  

" why are you hogging the blanket" He questioned tugging at my Aztec printed blanket. I smiled wrapping it tighter around myself. 

" your both weird" Reece told us with a chuckle. I stuck my tongue out at him , grabbing one of the graham crackers and chucking it at his head.

" don't waste the food" Jarrett exclaimed grabbing the box away from me. He took two pieces out taking the marshmellow he was roasting off. 

Soon everyone was having their own conversations , eating s'mores and drinking the hot chocolate. Talking about the game and everything that happened. I pretended to listen knowing nothing about what they said. Noah sat beside me, his ankle wrapped to ease the pain. 

" I missed this" Noah sighed glancing at everyone and the large fire we had to minimize every so often in fear it would get too big. 

" but your back for a while" I mention, throwing the paper cup into the fire. Watching it burn quickly leaving ashes inside. 

" yeah I guess, then it'll be back to missing all this"

" you'll vist , and we'll have bonfires like this" I smile leaning my head against his shoulder. Feeling a bit exhausted from the whole day. His head rested on top of mine, as we tried to make a s'more without undoing the blanket. 

As we talked about Spain and everything he did there. How much fun it was getting to know the team and the long practices. Playing against other countries and of course winning. Never losing, that's the great part about being on an amazing team. The music changed to a slow and sad song. One I heard before. Reece smirked from the ipod deck starring at us. 

" what the heck Reece" I exclaimed lifting my head up. He laughed quietly to himself scrolling through the iPhone. As Ariana Grande sang about love and hearache. 

" I have no idea how that was on there"

" since when do you listen to that sappy stuff man" Noah asked with a smirk playing at the edge of his mouth. 

" it's my sisters" Reece explained a bit flustered. Realizing he was caught having some sappy love songs. 

" we don't have a sister" Jarrett told him with a duh tone. Reece groaned throwing a marshmellow at his head.

" stop wasting the damn food" Jarrett pouted picking up the marshmellow. Kasey immediately tossed it into the fire shaking her head. 

" get a new one babe" She smiled kissing his cheek. He nodded getting a new bag of marshmellows and chocolates. 

" can we fry some chips" Jett got up taking the bag of chips and picking one up. 

" I don't thi-" Lisa began starring as Jett grabbed the Lays potatoe chip. Trying to stick it onto the long stick. Only to have it crumble in his hands. 

One bag of chips later Jett was sitting on the log starring at the crumbs all over the grass where he attempted to roast them as he says. Only getting one chip on to let it fall from the heat. He was disappointed , eating another bag. Lisa beside him, stealing some pieces. 

" I'm tired" I mumbled rolling onto my stomach. Pulling the Elephant pillow pet under my head. Kasey was beside me, her head on my back. 

" your pillow is comfortable Reece" I mumbled closing my eyes. Only to have something in my face. I reopened them to see a white sock. 

" Reece" I shouted pulling his foot towards the fire. He let out a scream, kicking my side lightly with his other leg. 

" it's not my pillow it's uhh-"

' for the last time Reece we have no other siblings" Jarrett laughed as Reece shrugged. Reece had his own pillow beside him everybody getting a bit tired. Still not wanting to leave, deciding to make this one large late party. 

A few hours later I woke up to somebody carrying me somwhere. I inhaled the familiar cologne, realizing it was Noah. He looked down at me as if knowing I woke up. 

" everyone left, well besides Kasey and Jarrett they were getting frisky"

" oh thank god I didn't wake up to that" I whispered, playing with his necklace. He nodded opening my front door. 

Minutes later I was on my bed, Noah on the chair beside me. Both of us not wanting to go to sleep even though we should be. It was four in the morning, too late to go to sleep and wake up in time for school. Also to early to go to sleep, knowing none of us would go anyway. 

" I gotta go, McKenzie was upset today and I promised to make her feel better by going to some mall" 

" oooh shopping' I grinned, pulling my hair up into a ponytail. He nodded letting out a yawn. His eyes nearly shutting.

" how about you go to sleep and I'll take her tomorrow, you seem too tired for anything especially after that game and the injury" I explain. 

" yeah sounds great, thanks" He smiled half heartedly, nodding. With a quick wave he was gone as the front door shut. 

I smiled rolling over to my right side starring at Albie right beside me. His tongue hanging out , sprawled out on the other side as if it was his bed. 

" Albie! now I have to wash the sheets again" I groaned poking the dog in the stomach. He let out some noise, leg kicking out. 

" atleast stay warm" I mutter pulling the blanket over his body. He immediately snuggled into it, letting out a content sigh. 

I giggled quietly pressing a quick kiss to Albie's head. Quickly realizing I was talking to a dog who was fast asleep. I was seriously sleep deprived. With a sigh I shut my eyes, letting sleep take over. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14 0 20
"As soon as I saw those green eyes I've realised I couldn't get rid of them..." This is a lovestory in the POV of a busy geek girl who starts to go w...
161K 3.2K 56
The captain of our soccer team, Xavi Parker, a beautiful, young, athletic boy. The college girls were obsessed over him and his boys. The boys were j...
138K 2.1K 33
When your in pre school you have no care in the world except for what your favorite color is or sport and who you're best friends are but when you re...
374K 7.4K 23
When the anxious, new girl to the school runs into the popular boy and his friends she couldn't be more mortified. He couldn't be more godsmacked. ...