Blank Space [Barry Allen/The...

By sexiaf

"I'd say it's a pleasure, but now I'm topless!" A story in which a girl moves to Central City and becomes... More

b i o g r a p h y
A u t h o r 's N o t e
p r o l o g u e
c h a p t e r : 1
c h a p t e r : 2
c h a p t e r : 3
c h a p t e r : 4
c h a p t e r : 5
c h a p t e r : 6
c h a p t e r : 7
c h a p t e r : 8
c h a p t e r : 9
c h a p t e r : 10
c h a p t e r : 11
c h a p t e r : 12
c h a p t e r : 13
c h a p t e r : 14
c h a p t e r : 16
E p i l o g u e
A u t h o r 's N o t e

c h a p t e r : 15

7.3K 174 64
By sexiaf

I've made up my mind,
Don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong, I am right
Don't need to look no further,
This ain't lust
I know this is love
- Adele, Chasing Pavements

Lilli was running on coffee and coffee only. Jitters was the real savior in these times. Lilli was feeling good, besides the whole Obsidian drama, until she walked into the coffee shop and saw Barry with an A with a perky blonde with glasses. They were sitting at a high table, conversing in whispers. Lilli laughed to herself and stomped over there. Oh my god, jealousy overload, help me or I will literally beat the shidoodle cakes out of this blonde chick. Creating a plan in only a few seconds was one of Lilli's specialties. Also getting jealous in a matter of seconds was another one.

Lilli spotted a familiar can of Reddi-whip next to the creamer and artificial sweeteners. Without another thought, Lilli swiped up the can, stomped over to Barry, and sprayed him with the white cream.

"Common Bare, did you really think it would be this easy to cheat on me? We're gonna have some words, you and I, we're-"

"Woah!" Barry said putting his hands up in surrender. "Lilli?"

Lilli sprayed another glob in his face.

"Damn right it is! Who's this?"

Lilli motioned to the blonde with the cream can. Barry wiped the whip cream out of his eyes and took a napkin the blonde was offering him.

"Hi, I'm Felicity Smoak," the blonde said while holding out a hand.

Lilli looked at her small hand skeptically. Eventually she pulled back and cleared her throat.

"I'm a friend of Barry's. Just to be clear, Barry and I aren't on a date, he is not, uh, cheating on you... As a matter of fact, I have a boyfriend. Ray Palmer. We're on some work business."

Lilli dropped the reddi-whip can and cleared her throat. All of Jitters was in silence.

"Oh."

The chatter in Jitters began to pick up again, and Lilli picked up a pile of napkins and started to wipe off the whip cream off of Barry awkwardly. Felicity tried to hold in laughs and Barry wiped the Reddi-whip out of his hair.

"Sorry, Bare, uh this was stupid. I just came in to get my daily fix of caffeine and saw you two. My bad," Lilli paused to laugh along with Felicity.

"I get jealous sometimes."

Barry raised his eyebrows and smiled slightly. He gently took off Lilli's old baseball cap, and smudged a pile of Reddi-whip in her hair. Felicity was busting out with hysterical laughter as the group got weird stares from the people around.

"I deserved that."

Barry laughed and pulled her closer.

"I'd never cheat on you Lil. Ever," Barry whispered in her ear before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

It was a sappy and cheesy comment, but Lilli still loved it. But then, remembered her past and remembered Parker. She remembered how he had cheated on her. Lilli turned to Felicity.

"Sorry to interrupt. You're work meeting... I should probably get going."

Lilli turned to leave, almost bumping into a blonde man coming towards Barry and Felicity. He looked strangely familiar to Lilli, but she couldn't place her finger on it.

"Barry," the man said out of breath. "Hey."

Okay, so he knows Barry... That's chill.

"Eddie. Hey. Remember Felicity?" Barry said motioning to blondie.

Lilli rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Oh, and Lilli."

"Of course."

"Hi," Felicity and Lilli said simultaneously.

The man called Eddie looked back and forth between Barry and Felicity with shifty blue eyes.

"Great to see you."

"Yeah."

Lilli took another step back. The group sat in silence for a few seconds before Felicity spoke up.

"What is wrong with you? Is everyone in Central City in a bad mood?" Felicity lowered her voice into a whisper. "I thought Central City was supposed to be the fun one."

"It's just, um..." Eddie tilted his head side to side, and Lilli took another step back.

Barry lowered his voice to a soft whisper Lilli couldn't hear. He mumbled something to Eddie and a great expression of relief wiped over his face. Well this is awkward. I'm like that weird person who sits in on other people's conversations. I'm starting to get weird looks... I better get out of here. Lilli turned to leave, but just as she was opening the door to the bustling city ahead, she caught a snippet of Felicity's comment that made her ears perk up.

"....not staying here long. I'm sure Jade and Oliver will be wondering what took us so long."

---

It had to be bees. Lilli hated bees. So when she heard about an attack at Olston Tech, she let the Flash take care of it. He was the hero of Central City anyways. She was the villain. Lilli looked away from her computer monitor and out of her 30th story window in her office. Other than bees, Lilli wondered what Jade could possibly be doing in Starling. How does Jade know Felicity? How does Felicity know Jade? I wonder about her sometimes...

A little buzz of Lilli's iPhone interrupted her thoughts.

"Hello?" Lilli asked putting the phone up to her ear.

"Hi Lil. I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner tonight?"

"Barry? Hi. I'd love too. What time?"

"Like right now?"

Lilli spit out the water she just drank.

"Like this second? Like get out of my office and go to dinner?"

"Yeah. I'll text you directions. See ya!"

"I'm wearing my work clothes s-"

Barry hung up before Lilli could finish.

---

Fancy music was playing as Barry, Lilli, Felicity, and Ray entered the restaurant. Lilli was surprised when she showed up at the restaurant and found out her and Barry wouldn't be dining alone. It was an awkward situation all in all and Lilli wasn't feeling to comfortable. But she had grown on Felicity. Mostly because Lilli had found out she had a boyfriend that wasn't Barry Allen.

"Hey guys," Felicity mumbled to a couple sitting at the bar.

Iris and the guy from the coffee shop named Eddie turned around and smiled. Great, Lilli thought, this just keeps getting weirder.

"Wow Iris, check you out?"

Iris laughed and gave Felicity a hug. "Hi Felicity."

Lilli rocked uncomfortably from her heels to her toes.

"You girls both look beautiful," Lilli said quietly.

Both girl pulled away from their embrace and gave Lilli a smile.

"You too Lilli."

Lilli looked down at her pencil skirt and Wayne Biotech lab coat.

"Thanks."

Barry laced his fingers around Lilli's for reassurance, giving her a confidence boost. And Lilli needed it.

"Guys, this is Ray Palmer," Felicity announced while motioning to Ray.

Ray stuck out his hand to Eddie and Iris and they both shook it.

"Nice to meet you."

"Lovely to meet you."

Once the group had all become acquainted, a man who looked to be the waiter walked up to the group and started speaking a language Lilli didn't know. It sounded like French, but Lilli could only guess.

"Okay great," Ray told the man who had spoken French.

Lilli widened her eyes and frantically looked between the waiter and Ray.

"What just happened?" Lilli whispered to Barry.

"I have no idea."

They were lead into the dining room and the waiter suddenly stopped. The whole restaurant was empty and large candles lit up a round table. A circle of waiters stood by, ready to serve.

"Sir, here is your table."

Lilli's jaw dropped.

"This night keeps getting crazier," Lilli said turning to Felicity.

"I know right," Felicity said in awe, "But I kinda like it."

"I thought it would be nice if it was quiet, so I bought out the entire restaurant," Ray announced to the group.

Felicity awkwardly smiled looking around.

"Too much?" Ray asked raising his eyebrows.

"Just a tad, sweetie."

The group moved to take their seats around the round cherry wood table with intricate flower designs. A waiter went around placing napkins on everyone's lap as smooth music played. Lilli let go of Barry's hand and took a sip of merlot.

"So how did you two meet?" Eddie asked Ray and Felicity.

They looked at each other and the corner of their lips turned upward into small smiles.

"Work!" Felicity said with joy.

"Uh, well actually, I bought the company where Felicity was employed and so, uh, she was forced to join me and Palmer Tech."

"Look, It's not as creepy as it sounds," Felicity clarified.

Lilli nodded and look at bary. Barry shoulders raised and he gave Lilli a small shrug

"So you two work closely together... Interesting," Iris said with a smile.

"I guess you guys share all of your thoughts and feelings," Iris continued. "And-"

Ray interrupted and eagerly nodded.

"Yeah. I share everything with Felicity."

"That's nice that you guys have that level of communication," Iris said looking at Eddie.

"Oh no," Lilli whispered to Barry, "Why do I feel like something bad is about to go down?"

"Because," Barry whispered back, "Something bad is about to go down."

"Oh well... Not every every thing," Felicity spoke up, "I mean sometimes it's good just to shut up."

Barry rubbed his temples uncomfortably and Lilli struggled to hold in a laugh.

"I get that. Somedays, things are better left unspoken," Eddie added.

Iris raised her eyebrows and looked at her boyfriend. Oh, some real shit is about to go down.

"Really? I-I don't find that to be true," Iris remarked.

The table plunged into awkward silence.

"Oh thank god it's the food," Barry whispered to Lilli.

"Foods here," Barry said to the group with a cracking voice.

Lilli could tell Barry felt uncomfortable, but she was just trying to hold back laughter about the awkward conversations. Iris shot her a look and Lilli immediately stopped chuckling to herself. The waiter had started speaking French again as different waiters lowered a plate of something in front of everyone.

"Bon Appetit."

"Barry, I gotta admit, I envy you spending so much time in S.T.A.R. Labs. Harrison Wells is like a personal hero of mine. I mean, it's amazing to be in the same room as him," Ray said.

Lilli ears perked up. Suddenly she wasn't hungry anymore. Barry looked down at his feet, his face as pale as a ghost. Lilli tapped his shoulder, despite her own struggle.

"Bare? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Barry could barely make out the words.

Her started to nod vigorously and smile. Something was off and Lilli noticed it. Maybe it's just something with his dad. Barry told me he was fine. Don't pry.

"I'll be right back," Barry said while tossing his napkin on the table and standing up, "Just excuse me."

Lilli sat in complete shock as Barry left the room.

"Well, I have to pee," Felicity said while standing up and followed Barry out.

Lilli sat frozen as she watched Felicity leave. She couldn't breath. I should be the one going after him. Not her. But Lilli sat and didn't move a muscle. Nobody ate. Nobody talked. But then Iris and Eddie plunged into a heated conversation. Lilli hadn't even noticed that Ray had gotten up to leave.

"Please, can't we just have a nice evening?" Eddie asked.

"Okay, so it's my fault that we're not having a nice evening? I am your girlfriend. Who you live with. I shouldn't have to beg you to talk to me."

"If I could talk to you about this, I would. Believe me! But I can't!"

"You know what?" Iris asked setting her napkin on the table. "I'm not hungry anymore."

She stood up and Eddie followed. This night was getting more peculiar which caused Lilli to become more and more confused. Barry was having issues. Eddie and Iris were fighting like immature children. Lilli was about to get up and leave herself. And she was sitting all alone watching a couple fight.

"Iris!"

"You know what? When you are ready to act like two people who love each other, call me. I'll be at my dad's."

Felicity, Barry, and Ray came back just in time to watch Iris storm out. Eddie stood there heart broken, uttering apologies. Lilli eventually decided to stand up and follow Iris' footsteps. Barry stepped over and started to say something but Lilli just held up her hand. She turned on her heel and walked out of the restaurant alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

914K 26.5K 53
"He could run faster than the speed of sound but he still wasn't fast enough to close the distance between them." Spencer Hathaway had a good life. N...
298K 7.9K 94
"I left Starling to stop being a vigilante." "Then don't be a vigilante, be a hero." Olivia Theresa Wells. Former member of the League of Assassins...
168K 4.2K 25
When Audrey comes to Central City, she thought that she finally could have a normal life. But is normal even possible in Central City?" The Flash/Bar...
17.5K 846 19
โ–  โ–  โ–  jitters แถป ๐—“ ๐ฐ "๐™ž ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ง๐™ช๐™ฃ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ" "๐™„ ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๏ฟฝ...