Behind The Selfies (CharDawn...

By dearpenguinsx

chardawn one shots collection. haluder penguins! More

Make You Feel Special
You're Still Mine
Sweet Tent Treats
The Story of Us (CDP)
Sweet Little Angel
Golden
Still
Still (2)
Home Again
Author's Note
A/N
All For You
Let Me
A Little Sacrifice
Give It A Try
Give It A Try (2)
Instalove
A No Pro Bono Matter

Give It A Try (3)

2.2K 82 30
By dearpenguinsx

Last night, they did nothing but cuddling, talking, and eating, nothing more. A night they would want to repeat again & again. Really a friendship for keeps! For Dawn, falling in love for him is that one thing that could ruin all these.

"Hey, wake up." She rubs her eyes and sees him half naked.

"Ligo ka na, medyo mahaba ang byahe papuntang venue." He pulls her hands to help her get up.

"May sinangag ba dyan? Grabe ang abs mo, pwede nang ulam." He pinches her nose and fixes her hair.

"You want more pa ba for breakfast? Oh, eto na..." Richard's about to remove his towel but she throws a pillow on his face.

"Gomez!!! Kadiri." She covers her eyes.

"Para namang 'di mo pa nakikita 'to."

"I haven't! Lights off, remember Babe?"

"Well, I think next time we should it with the lights on, what do you think, Love?"

She stands up, gets her towel, and heads to the bathroom. "No more next time, this is the last time we'll have to do all these, right? Babe?"

---

Richard is getting pissed off because of the traffic, he gets his phone and plays LogosQuiz - their favorite app. He's about to show her this logo which he couldn't guess but ends up taking a picture of her - her hand covering her face from the sunlight while sleeping. and posting it on his Instagram account that she made for him.

richardgomez:
yes to more adventures, yes to more cozzy nights, yes to more talks, and yes to forever. 1 word with 3 letters but could make a thousand memories. #yesdawsabiniya

"Hello? Ortega? Pre! Oo, papunta na kami ng fiancee ko dyan. See you
tonight." The phonecall ended.

He didn't wake her up so she could rest during the ride. After more hours of being on the road, they've reached the place.

"Andito na tayo, Love." She wakes up and fixes herself. He gets their bag and holds her hand.

"Babe, may parlor ba dito? Para naman mukhang pinaghandaan ko 'to."

"Yup. Pahinga muna tayo sa room 'tas we'll get going, okay?"

She nods and gets their room key from the staff. He can see that his batchmates are already here, he waves at them and makes little chitchats.

"Asawa mo, Gomez?"

"Hind---" Jerry interrupts.

"Hi, Mrs. Gomez?" He offers his hand and she reaches for it.

"Soon-to-be Mrs. Gomez." She laughs and looks at him. He smiles. They get their key and bid goodbye to Jerry.

They enter their room and put their things in the closet. "Claiming it, huh?" He wraps his hands around her waist.

She giggles, "Yup. Claiming that one. Bakit ayaw mo ba?"

"No, I liked it." He moves closer and is about to close the gap between them.

"Claiming me already, huh? Mamaya pa event, uy!" She playfully slaps him and moves away from him.

"Dawn naman, eh."

"What time ang event?"

"6 PM, why?"

"Okay, I'll be back at 5. Parlor lang ako." She wears her sunglasses and gets her bag.

He nods, "Sure. 'Wag masyadong magpapaganda, ha? Mahirap na baka maagaw ka pa sakin." She laughs and heads outside.

She goes inside the parlor and sees a lot of girls around her age getting ready, probably for the event later. Dawn sits on the chair and waits for the stylist. She gets her phone and checks her social media accounts.

"Ms. Dawn? Lipat nalang po tayo 'dun. Sira po kasi yung blower dito." She nods and sits next to the girls.

They smile and so she does, too. "Hi, one of our batchmates rin? Sorry, I can't remember you. Tanda na kasi!" The girl laughs.

"It's okay. Actually, my fiance is your batchmate. He just asked me to accompany him here."

The other girl butts in, "Wow! Halos lahat kasi ng lalaki sa batch, mga bulakbol! So, who's that lucky guy?"

"Richard. Richard Gomez. You know him?"

The girls all look at each other and to their friend who seems to be very surprised at the moment. "W-why him? I mean how? How did you two meet?"

"Rose, stop." Her friend whispers to her.

Dawn is starting to feel uncomfortable but goes on. "We met in college, then became really great friends. After college, we still kept in touch so 'yun. We now have our company and I'm glad it's doing well. Thanks to him."

"So it's all about business?"

"No, it's not what you think. For so long, parehas kaming single and we thought na why don't we give it a try? Thank God, we made the right decision."

Rose nods as she listens to her stories. The women kept on asking her questions & stories especially Rose. They didn't notice that it's almost five in the afternoon.

They are almost done and Dawn isn't yet. "Dawn? Are you done na ba?"

"Nako, hindi pa eh. Sige, go ahead. Okay lang saakin."

"No, we'll wait for you na. Konti nalang naman 'yan sayo eh."

She's about to speak but Christa, one of the girls, interrupts her. "Ewan ko nga ba sayo, nagpa-ayos ka pa eh ang ganda-ganda mo na!"

She laughs, "Ms. Dawn, wear your dress na po bago ko po lagay 'to sa hair niyo."

Dawn looks down and found out that she forgot to bring down the paper bag. "Ay. Sige, wait lang, ha? Excuse me, girls. Tawagan ko lang."

"Si Richard? Kamusta mo kami!" She smiles and nods.

"Babe, Dawn here. Favor naman oh. Padala dito sa parlor yung dress na you bought for me... Yes, thank you. Also, they're waiting for you here..." She ends the call and talks with them again.

"Ayan na, he's going down." Minutes later someone opens the door.

She turns around and sees him holding the paper bag. She stands up and walks closer to him. He stares at her for a moment in awe. "Uy! Akin na."

He wraps his hands around her waist, "Diba I told you 'wag ka masyadong mag-ayos? You're too beautiful, my Love. Baka di ako makapag-pigil!" He cups her face and makes that gigil look.

She removes his hands from her face, holds it, and leads him to the women.

"Babe, you remember them?" The smile on his face fades as he sees someone he didn't expect would be here.

He greets them one by one but stops when it comes to her. "Rose... hi." He offers his hand and she accepts it. Dawn can already smell something fishy going on right here.
"Excuse me, ha? I'll wear this one lang." She taps his shoulder and heads to the dressing room.

Richard talks to them but keeps on avoiding her and any topic that could lead to their past. He laughs at their stories and suddenly stops when he sees Dawn on the mirror.

She looks so beautiful! He finds her very sexy with the dress he bought for her. Medyo revealing pero it suits her, really.

He taps the stylist beside her, "Magkano professional fee mo? Doblehin ko." The stylist laughs and asks for a photo.

"Sige na, Sir. Sama ka na." He wraps his arm around her shoulders and her hands wrapped around his waist. He kisses her forehead after the stylist took a photo of them. "Ganda mo." He whispers.

She walks ahead of him and goes to the cashier, leaving him to the women. Dawn looks at him, winks, and giggles. He mouthed something to her but she can't understand him.

"Ha?" She mouthed. He shakes his head and say it to her too loud enough for all of them to hear.

"Sabi ko taas mo konti, masyadong ano eh." He points at it.

"Alin dito? Ha? Saan ba, Babe?" She looks for it. He walks toward her and fixes a part of her dress.

"Ay, si Sir naman."

Dawn laughs, "Diba?" She looks up to him and sees his tawa-ka-dyan look. "Joke. Ganito lang talaga 'to, protective - sobra!" She gently touches his cheek.

"Eh, mahirap na 'no." Her cheeks unexpectedly blush. She feels kilig because he really makes it easy for her to pretend as his fiancee by his gestures. You can see his sincerity in everything he says and does. Pa-fall!

"Oh, una na kami, ha? See you around!"

He opens the door for her and goes to the bar along the shore. "Who's Rose?" she asks.

"She's the one wearing a blue dress kanina."

"Yes, I know. What I mean is, sino siya sayo?" She rests her chin on her palm and looks at him.

"My friend? Old friend, yeah..." She rolls her eyes.

"Kilala kita. Ano nga?"

"Great love? You know. The first and last woman I loved truly." Why does it hurt?

"Last? Bakit wala ka na bang balak maghanap pa ng iba? Baka naman umaasa ka pa sakanya?"

"Yes. She's single pa rin. There's nothing wrong naman siguro if magkabalikan kami." Ang saklap. Gusto ko umiyak pero sayang make-up. I paid a thousand for this rin, 'no.

"Edi ikaw na in love! Tara na 6:00 na." He holds her hand as they go to the venue.

---

As they walk around, people who seem to be very familiar and close to him says hi or sometimes ask him who is she. There are some who wouldn't ask about her so he didn't bother either to introduce her.

He leads her to the table where his closest friends and their spouses are seated including Richard's highschool bestfriend who happens to be a girl, too.

"Weh? Fiancee mo?"

"Oo nga, Lisa! Kulit mo."

"Ang gara mo, na-inlove rin ako sayo 'nun, eh. Pero sabi mo hanggang bestfriends lang talaga. Bakit siya?" He cups her face.

"Loka-loka ka talaga!" She just keeps on laughing as she hears stories from them. She wants to tell her that she's also just like her - very much like her.

They eat their dinner and when Richard would roam around and reconciles with his batchmates, he makes sure that Lisa will accompany her at the table.

Dawn & Lisa keeps on talking - most of their topics are about him. You can really see that Lisa likes her that much for him. "Don't leave him, okay?"

She nods and reaches for her hand. "Never will I leave him. I promise."

"Abay ako sa kasal, ha?" Dawn just smiles at her. Oh, how I wish.

They stopped talking when Richard sits beside her. "Don't drink too much, okay?" She touches his cheek.

"Opo, Madam." He puts his hand on hers and moves his face closer to her. "Pa-kiss nga."

"Mahiya ka kay Lisa, oh!" She moves away and giggles.

The conversation starts again having Richard beside them. The rest of his barkada joins them as they talk about their lives and what's up 'til Mike speaks. "Pare, have you seen Rose na ba? She looks more beautiful, 'no?"

"Oo nga, eh. Yes, nagkita na kami kanina. She's still the same, noth---"

He didn't finish his words when someone speaks onstage. As the host speaks, a music plays along. "Ayan! Siguro alam niyo na kung ano 'to. Tradisyon na natin 'to, eh. Calling all the heartthrobs and their spouses. The floor is waiting for you, lovebirds!"

The host starts on calling those who were once known as the heartthrobs of the batch. Most of the boys in the barkada are being called up and those who do not have anyone to dance with, the host will call the ones whom they had a relationship with back then.

"How could we forget? Ang Adonis, nag-iisa! Hoy, Gomez! Tara na." He shyly stands up and scratches his head.

"Ay, single pa yata ang Adonis. Oh edi tawagin na ang prinsesa niya noon. Paging: Rose!"

He looks to Dawn with his confused look. She thought that after looking at her, he would ask her to stand up and dance with him but, no. He goes to Rose, offers his hand, and unexpectedly she accepts it and smiles at him sweetly.

The fuck? Everyone in his barkada looks at her, feeling awkward but she doesn't mind them, pretending that everything is okay with her. She spends the whole time watching him & Rose dance as the music plays. His hands are around her and she keeps on whispering something to him that will make him smile.

Lisa holds her hand, "Pst. Okay lang ba sayo? Don't worry, lagot sa akin 'yan mamaya."

She smiles weakly, "No need na, uy. I'm okay. Wait lang, ha? May tatawagan lang akong client."

She stands up and smiles at Lisa again. When she reaches the exit door, she wipes her tears, and goes out. She heads to their room and orders food from the resto downstairs.

---

"Lisa, where's Dawn?" Richard goes back after dancing.

"Lumabas eh, may tatawagan daw siya. Tinawagan na yata driver niya baka kasi masyadong na umay sa ka-sweetan niyo ng EX mo kanina." Emphasizing the word ex. She rolls her eyes and walks away.

He hurriedly runs to their room and finds Dawn eating a box of pizza. "Hey, bakit bumalik ka agad dito? Hindi pa tapos program sa taas, oh."

"I feel tired na rin kasi but to tell you, I enjoyed. Thanks to Lisa." She bitterly smiles at him.

"Nagmamadali ako pumunta dito, kala ko Lisa was serious about it na umuwi ka na daw." He giggles.

"I would like na nga, eh."

The smile on his lips fades, "What do you mean?"

"Talaga? Hindi mo alam? Puta, Richard. I was this hi, fiancee ako ni Richard. and everybody was like really? how lucky! When the host called you I expected you to come and ask for a dance pero you chose to dance with her."

This is the first time he sees her this angry, "Dawn..."

"...when you two begun dancing, everyone was looking at me. Everyone was feeling awkward about it, having pity for me. Akala ko babalik ka, kahit sandali maalala mo na kasama mo ako pero punyeta kahit tignan ako hindi mo man lang nagawa. Oo, I understand you. Naiintindihan ko na you really wanted that dance pero sana naintindihan mo rin na I came here not as your bestfriend but your fiancee, your soon-to-be wife."

She didn't notice that her tears are already falling from her eyes, infront of him. "Sorry, if naging OA ako. I just didn't expect na the person whom I trust so much will be the one pala who will make me feel so depreciated."

"...sana naisip mo man lang ako o kahit 'yung kahihiyan ko nalang."

She gets her bag and goes out, leaving him speechless.

---

Dawn decided to go home earlier than him. She texted him to inform him that she'll go ahead. That Saturday, she just stayed at home to rest and to distress. Also last Sunday, she also did the same.

She enters the building and everyone is looking at her. Today, she wears a romper and sandals, no make-up and no accessories, too. She doesn't mind them and rides the elevator. She reaches his office and goes inside even without knocking.

"Dawn..."

"Chard, I came here to give you these." She hands him the papers.

"Dawn? Kung magre-resign ka dahil lang dun sa nangyari last---"

"What are saying?" She laughs. "I won't do that. You know I will never leave you hanging just like what you did to me."

He doesn't know what to say. "Don't worry, wala na sa akin 'yung nangyari last Friday. I will go to Vegas for a seminar and sasabay ko na 'yung vacation ko 'don, for a month rin 'yun."

"I received an email rin. You want me to come with you?"

"No, 'wag na. Dito ka na lang. Maraming meetings with the clients this month, the company will be needing you." He nods and still feels awkward.

"Sign those papers nalang so I can go na." He gets his pen and signs the papers. He gives them to her right after. Suprisingly, she kisses him on his cheeks and immediately leaves.

---

Weeks passed, no calls nor messages from her. He became too busy - too busy with the business and with Rose. Yes, they've kept in touch after the reunion but they're not yet in a relationship.

Meanwhile, Dawn has started her vacation after a 2-week seminar. One night, she went home later than the usual. She roamed around the restaurants downtown and ate everything she liked. The morning after, she vomited and felt sick.

Today, she wakes up at around 6 AM, feeling sick - again! She hurriedly goes to the bathroom and vomits. She goes back to bed and contacts Tina.

"Girl, baka naman na-dale ka ng food poisoning. Pa-check up ka na dyan."

"Okay, kainis nga eh. Lagi nalang ako ganito tuwing umaga."

"Hoy, babae! Anong sabi mo? Tuwing umaga? Oh my gosh! Sinong tatay?" Her eyes widened.

"Gaga! Anu-ano pinagsasabi mo dyan. Sige na, go back to whatever you are doing."

"Pero girl, ha? Mag take ka na rin ng pregnancy test. Bye, feel better." She never felt this nervous before. What if buntis nga ako? What if!

She drives to the nearest pharmacy and buys one. She does the test and waits for the result. If ever she's pregnant, she'll go home immediately and tells it to him. Sino pa ba? Edi yung bestfriend niyang wala man lang paramdam at pakiramdam.

She looks down to get the paper bag when she sees the PT with 2 lines. A tear falls on her cheek while staring at the PT. Mixed emotions, eh?

The day after, she books a flight back to Manila. She already decided that she will go to the ob-gyn first to confirm it and without hesitations, she'll tell it to him.

---

"Dawn, you're 6 weeks pregant. Congratulations! Where's the father?" The doctor asks.

"He's in the office, eh." She smiles.

"Nako, mawawala ang pagod ni Daddy pag nalaman niya 'yan. Congrats again!"

"Yes, thank you po, Doc. See you next week, I guess." The doctor nods and waves at her.

She tried to call him but he ain't answering so she decided to text him.

to: Chard 💙
See me @ Helen's. 4:30 pm, sharp!

Dawn goes to her favorite church and spends the rest of her time there praying for better days and thanking for this little one inside her. She goes home after to change her clothes and drives to the resto.

She finds him sitting & checking his phone. When he sees her, he stands up and kiss her on her cheeks.

"It's been awhile rin, 'no. What's up? Tumataba ka yata pero it still suits you." He giggles and she does, too.

"Talaga ba? Anyway, I came here to tell you something."

"Ako rin, go ahead. Ikaw muna." He holds her hand.

"No, sige ikaw muna. Mukhang excited na excited ka, eh. You na." She smiles at him, giving him that reassuring look.

"Dawn, I wanted to tell you this noon pa pero I couldn't find the right moment to say this sayo. I think tonight is that moment I've waited for so long."

She's feeling nervous. Is he going to say something that she've wanted to tell him even before. Those 3 words? She asks herself.

"I-i-i'm getting married!"

She wants to explode. She wants to leave already. She doesn't know what to feel. Dawn has never seen him this happy. She needs to be happy - she should be happy for him. "Wow. That's really... a good news! To whom?"

"To Rose. This coming Saturday na ang wedding. Hindi siya masyadong elegante because she wants our wedding to be simple lang but memorable and I liked her idea."

"S-so saan ang wedding?"

"Sa Laiya, 'yung pinuntahan natin last, last year." She nods.

"Maganda nga 'don. Mukhang ready na ready ka na ah. Iiwan mo na talaga ako." She whispers the last line.

"What did you say?"

"Sabi ko iiwan mo na talaga ako. Ako nalang walang asawa sa barkada." He holds her chin.

"Makakahanap ka rin, ano ba. Tyaka ano nga pala yung sasabihin mo?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Wala, wala. Ano kasi may ano... May pa-dinner kasi ako sa Saturday sana kaso 'yun nga wedding mo na pala, hindi man lang ako na-inform agad." Her voice is starting to crack.
"Hey, are you okay?" She wipes a tear that fell on her cheek.

"I'm just ano, you know... I'm happy for you. Finally!" She squeezes his hand.

"Thank you. Well, then see you on Saturday?" He gives the invitation and hugs her. "Mauuna na ako. Rose is waiting for me na. Bye!" She nods and keeps an eye on him as he walks away - walks away from her.

She looks down and touches her not-so-obvious baby bump.

---

Dawn goes to the mall to buy her baby's stuff. Though, it's still early but shopping for the baby makes her happy, makes her forget about everything. She's looking at a toy when someone calls out her attention.

"Hoy, babae!" She turns around and sees Patty. Dawn runs to her and gives her a hug.

"Patty! What are you doing here?" Patty pulls her into the corner.

"Gaga ka! Na-kwento na sa amin ni Chard yung sa inyo. Grabe, umasa kami 'dun." Dawn laughs and shakes her head.

"Ay ganun ba? Sorry na. Ikakasal na nga ang loko, eh. Iniwan na nga ako, eh."

"Bitteresa! Ayan oh, kitang-kita sa mata. Na-inlove ka 'no tapos nung na-fall ka na, bigla kang iniwan." She playfully slaps her.

"Ang dami mong alam! Kelan niya sinabi sa iny---" The saleslady butts in.

"Miss, eto na po yung pinapakuha niyo." The lady hands her the baby book.

"Oh my gosh, don't tell me... Dawn!!!" As much as she wants to lie but Patty knows if she's lying or not. "Don't me, girl."

"Very millenial naman ng don't me mo. Long kwento, nako."

"So totoo nga? Preggy ka?" She nods and smiles. She pays for the book and the toy and they go to a restaurant.

They called Tina and told her to come because her office is just a building away from the mall. They waited for her and waited for their order, too.

Tina comes and the conversation starts. She tells them everything, detail per detail. Dawn tells them that she has no plans on telling him especially now that he's getting married. Tina & Patty reassured her that they'll be there for her and for her baby.

"Bukas ng gabi na punta namin sa resort, sabay ka?" Tina asks.

"Agad-agad? On the day of the wedding na ako pupunta. May aasikasuhin pa ako sa office."

"Okay. By the way, have you met Rose na ba? Wala ka kasi nung pinakilala sa amin ni Chard."

"Yes, Pasyang. I met her dun sa reunion. She's nice and beautiful. Okay na, pwede na." She smiles.

"Nako, deep inside 'yan..." Tina & Patty laugh. "Don't worry, mas maganda ka at mas boto kami sayo."

"Mga loka-loka! I'll go ahead na nga, ba maabutan pa ako ng traffic. See you on Saturday." She stands up and kisses her pals.

"Huwag ka masyadong mag paganda, ha? Baka akalaing ikaw yung bride."

---

Richard with his family and closest friends arrived at the resort. He decided to stay in his room for he is already tired and needs a rest for tomorrow is a big day for him.

He opens his phone and looks at his camera roll. Photos of him and Rose who seemed to be so happy together make him smile, Rose's photos never fail to make him fall in love with her even more. He finds himself smiling while looking back to the days he'd thought they would never meet each other again. His thoughts got interrupted when his phone rings and her name appears.

"Hey..." She speaks to him with a softer voice.

"Dawn. Why did you call?"

"Bakit bawal ba tumawag?"

He giggles, "No, hindi naman. May problema ba dyan?"

"Wala naman, I just want to tell you na I'm really happy for you. You already found her."

"Yes, thank God and thank you!"

"Thank you? for what?" She asks.

"Thank you for fixing me, for helping me find myself, and for never giving up on bringing back the pieces I had lost before. I owe all these to you, Dawn." She finds herself crying upon listening to him.

"Chard, grabe ka lagi mo nalang pianapaiyak. I just can't believe na nakahanap ka na talaga ng babae to take care of you. Please tell Rose na she should always put your breakfast in bowl, never on a plate. Tell her never to sleep at the right side of the bed because that has always been your favorite spot. Ask her to bring you Adobo at the office on Wednesdays. If your head aches, ask her to massage your temple but never use Katinko because you don't like the smell of it, and..." She sniffs.

"Dawn..."

"Tell her to take good care of you for me and love you as much as I do." She starts to cry even harder.

"Hush, my Love. Everything will be okay. I'll be okay. Ikakasal lang naman ako, eh. I won't be going anywhere far from you."

"... but I will. I'll be leaving. I'll be back after a year or two."

"Huh? Para saan? Kakabakasyon mo lang, ah?" He asks.

"Pag balik mo, ako naman. I need to focus on more important things - pero I'll be back. O'siya, take a rest na." He's about to speak but she already ended the call.

After the phonecall, someone knocks. "Anak, oh? Why are you crying?"

He smiles, "Wala, Mommy. Dawn called me, nagda-drama." His mom giggles and walks in.

"Speaking of Dawn, bakit wala pa siya dito?"

"Bukas pa po, may inaasikaso lang sa office."

"Okay. Kala ko nga kayo na ikakasal, eh. Pinakita kasi sa akin ni Ria yung mga posts mo! 'Yun pala..."

"Mommy naman."

"Rose is okay naman with me, you love her but you know... Dawn will always be so dear to me - to us." She holds his hand and smiles.

---

6:30 AM

"HOY, GOMEZ! Ikakasal ka na, uy!" Bobby and the rest of the boys wake him up.

He opens his eyes and sees his friends. "Wala pa rin si Dawn?"

"Pards, si Rose papakasalan mo, hindi si Zulueta!" He scratches his head.

"Loko, tinatanong ko lang naman."

"On the way na daw siya." He nods and gets up. The barkada rests in the living room and watches a movie while Richard goes for a walk at the shore.

Few hours from now, he'll be getting married to the girl he loved, once walked away from him, but came back to mend what's broken. He also puts in mind that he has to adjust and change for her. He has to change things including the type of relationship he has with Dawn.

"Dawn..." He suddenly thinks of her.

to: Dawny 👑
10:30 wedding, ah? ingat ka.

---

Dawn is stuck in a traffic somewhere in Batangas. It's already 10:10 AM. The resort is still 1 hour away from where she is. She doesn't know what to feel. If this heavy traffic won't get any lighter, she might not make it to the ceremony. It's kinda okay for her - for her heart but she's thinking of him. He's waiting for her.

At last, after 30 minutes the traffic gets lighter. She reaches the resort at almost 12 o'clock. She opens her phone and texts her friends but no one bothers to reply. Either the wedding has already started or is almost at its end.

She's feeling guilty right now while recalling their phonecall last night. Dawn just goes to the bar near the reception venue. She's trying to contact him but he isn't answering. He might be disappointed to her right now, she thought.

The waiter approaches her and gives her the menu. She orders mango shake and waits for it.

"Ang lalim naman ng iniisip mo, Miss." The man gives her the shake she ordered.

She looks up and sees a man, she've longed to see. He looks so gwapo, she thought.

"Long time no see!" He smiles at her so sweetly.

"Long time no see, indeed! When was the last time we saw each other? Last Wednesday?" She sarcastically laughs.

"Yup. I missed you." Ugh, Richard... why are you doing this?

"2 days lang na hindi tayo nagkita, miss mo na agad ako. Anyway, how was the wedding? Sorry, I didn't make---" He puts his finger on her lips.

"Shh... it's okay. I understand. You know, an hour before our wedding, nakita ko siya. I said to myself na ang swerte-swerte ko. Full package na eh, maganda, mabait, sexy. The girl of my dreamsz. kumbaga."

Dawn wants to stop him but she loves hearing stories from him though this time, it hurts.

"...she smiled and that made my heart smile, too."

"You really love her, do you?" He smiles.

"She made realize everything. I wouldn't be here if not because of her." Too much, too much...

"...if not because of her, I wouldn't be here standing in front of the woman I love the most." She's already teary-eyed.

"Infront of the woman who has been there for me since the very beginning and the woman who stood beside me at my best and never left me at my worst. You, yes, you. The woman who happened to be the mother of my child." She stops from wiping her tears and looks at him.

"How did you know?" He just smiles at her and runs his fingers through her hair.

"Let me take care of you & our child." To her surprise, he kneels down and brings out a little red box from his pocket.

"But first, let me love you. Let me be the man who's going to wait for you at the altar, let me be the man who will wake you up at 6 AM, the man who will cook breakfast for you, and drive you to wherever you want to go. Let me do that, everyday - every single day of forever."

"Chard..."

"I think it's really about time to give it a try. Love, will you marry me?" Tears are falling from their eyes.

"Yes, babe. Yes, I will marry you."

He places the ring on her finger and kisses it. Before he gets up, he kisses her tummy and finally closes the gap between them. He gives her a long, passionate, and lingering kiss.

"So, you're not leaving anymore?"

"Sa tingin mo ba kaya pa kitang iwan, huh?" She pinches his nose.

"At sa tingin mo ba papakawalan pa kita?"

>>>>>
thoughts on this oneshot guys? 😁 huhu thank you po for reading!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 7.8K 53
Archana Louisse Young - President of the Student Council. She is trusted by the Reed family to regulate Lauxshire University's policy. She is known...
3.4K 174 11
Aeros, a gangster who fell in love for the first time and ready to change just for the woman he loves. "Dos" was surrounded by rules that could prev...
122K 3.1K 53
"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful music producer and CEO, Magui Feola, we...
8.5K 357 36
Highest rank achieved: #1 "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak, sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." - Kyth Sandoval All...