A No Pro Bono Matter

On one Sunday morning, Dawn decided to take a break from dusting off the cabinets in the attic to open her Twitter account, one that she made in order to stop her daughter from complaining on how often she reads from her Twitter timeline for updates. Today is no ordinary day. She feels like she was taken back to 1996 yet again as she reads all her mentions.  

SGSince89: Ano kayang say ng "pambansang panira" sa IG post ng ShaGoms? Ha ha ha! Remember yung "rebound" days mo, neng? sincerelydawn

She tries to shrug them off like she used to twenty four years ago. Twenty four years ago... she was brought into a completely different world she was never prepared for.

-

1996

"Goma, ayusin mo 'yang sarili mo then go to my house," were the last words he heard last night before he drifted off to sleep. 

At 8 AM, he started prepping up for his meeting later that morning with Armida Siguion-Reyna, an industry leader who was pretty much close to his heart - his Tita Midz as he used to call her.

He was then greeted a "good morning" by his Mama Lydia, the only woman who currently mattered to him at the moment.

Coffee, french toasts, and broadsheet were his usual morning essentials. His Mama Lydia tossed a rolled tabloid newspaper to this direction, "Oh, Ma, naubusan ng broadsheet si Mang Pancho?" he asked.

He took a sip and reached out for the newspaper on the table.

KONPIRM!!! SHARON AT ROBIN, SILA NA! (Tignan ang mga litrato ng surpresa ni Binoy sa pahina 6.)"

He quickly set aside the paper and tried to shrug off what he head just seen. "Apo, mahaba pa ang araw. Smile lang." His Mama Lydia never failed to make him feel better. She was his anchor, his go-to person, & the only person who was keeping him up together. 

-

"Good morning, Tita Midz!" She asked him to sit on the couch as she did, too.

"I have an offer for you. If you'd agree, ang role mo dito ay isang lawyer..." Armida continued on explaining his role, how the plot would go, & such things.

Richard instantly agreed without thinking otherwise & Armida was elated to hear his response. "Kayang-kaya ko 'yan, ako pa ba?"

"Hoy, bata, heto pa. Diba sabi ko sayo this will be one of the biggest movies this year, you really have to work hard & go to an intensive practice. Act like a true lawyer —"

"Sus, 'yun lang naman pala, eh."

"With the help of a lawyer!" Looking at him across her desk, Armida knew the things that were running on his mind. Undoubtedly, he is one of his generation's most premiere actors, but isn't it that learning is a never ending process?