Golden

Today is Richard's 50th birthday and everyone who has been a big part of his life is expected to come tonight. Lucy contacted all his friends weeks before the "The Day" particularly the Gwapings including John, Anjo, Joey, their muses, Amy & Dawn. Everyone cleared their schedule just to make it but Lucy is a little bit worried if Dawn can make it. As much as possible, she wants everyone in the barkada to be there as a part of her surprise to her husband.

Dawn, who got married in 1997 and left showbizness, stayed in Davao for years and had 2 kids but flew to USA years after her separation with her husband. She's currently in USA with her kids, Jacobo and Ayisha together with her relatives there.

While dealing with papers, Dawn receives a call from Lucy, unexpectedly. She doesn't know if she will take this call or nah but what if it's important, what if something happened to Goma, aaaah Dawn, can you just answer the phone, please?!

"Hello?"

"Hi, Dawn! Lucy here!"

"Hi, Lucy! What's up? You need help?"

Lucy starts to tell her plan and fortunately Dawn can make it on his surprise birthday celebration. "Really, Dawn? Thank you so much, please don't tell Chard you're coming, ha? Thank you, stay safe there. See you soon!" The call ended and leaves Dawn reminiscing the last time they celebrated his birthday together in 1995.

---

Richard is celebrating his birthday at the barkada's favorite place but unlike his birthday in the past few years, Dawn was always there, sitting beside him, kissing him just to stop him from drinking too much, slapping his arm when Anjo says something funny, and making him feel loved and important on his birthday but that was way back in 1991-1993.

Unknowingly, the barkada made sure that the whole gang will be there and make Gomz the happiest on his day.

"Oh, Gomz, you're drinking too much na ha? May surprise pa kami sayo." Amy's already contacting Dawn for directions. Dawn is already inside the place and just waiting for them to let her come to the table. Joey signals her to come and do what she is instructed.

She walks toward her crazy barkada and when she reached the table, the gang who's trying to act normal like no one is standing behind Gomz, can't wait to see what will happen.

She taps Richard's shoulder, he doesn't look back, she taps his shoulder for the second time, still no response. "Guys, ayaw yata nito eh. Pano uwi na ----"

"Dawn?" He looks up and saw her, the woman he has been waiting for, the woman he longed to see, and the woman he will always love. "Oh parang nakakita ka yata ng multo, ha?" She laughs and immediately wraps her arms around his neck and kisses his forehead whispering, "Happy birthday, Frank."

---

Today is the day! She's staying in Vivian's place while preparing for tonight. Texting John about what will happen tonight, texting Amy on what she'll be wearing later, texting Anjo if they're really serious about the plan, and texting Joey if it isn't awkward to sing to Gomz one of their favorite songs back then in front of Lucy, and finally decided to text Goma.
~~
(Richard; Dawn)

Gomez!
dawn? himala nagparamdam.
Yes, Dawnski here! 😚
'di mo man lang ba ako babatiin? :-(
Oh, birthday mo pala? Happy birthday! 🙊👅
ganyan ka na. kamusta naman ang pagiging single mom?
Eto, medyo stressing pero fulfilling naman po. Bakit anong matutulong mo? 🤔
pwede kong padala dyan buong barkada! si anjo taga pagtimpla ng gatas, si joey sasayaw pag umiiyak mga chikiting, si johnny naman tagalaba ng damit, at si mareng amy naman ang maghehele pag nagising. ayos diba? :-)
Wow, galing talaga! 👏 At ikaw, aber? Nahiya naman po sila sayo.
at ako? ako ang mag-aalaga sa mommy nila. #pogiangmagaalagasayo
Grabe! Isa kang alamat! 👏😎 Oh sya, bye off to work! Enjoy your day. 😘
~~