Opposites Don't Attract

By StoryGirl5169

Jordan and Abbey are two completly different people who come from different families. Jordan is rich city boy... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Nine

9.9K 61 6
By StoryGirl5169

Authors Note: I know the last chapter may have gone a bit fast (well thats how I felt) but hope you guys liked it anyways. I was disappointed by the amount of comments. I hope you guys will cheer me up on this chapter! Hope you like/love it!! 

Jordan's POV

Abbey looked amazing. My mouth dropped open without me even noticing. In the cinema's James and Claire sat besides each other and I sat next to James and Abbey say besides me. The lights were turned off and they room went pitched black. As the movie started Abbey and Claire decided to go and get popcorn whilst James and I stayed put to watch the beginning of the movie. 

I stared at the big screen in front of me and enjoyed what I saw. I quickly glanced at my watch and it had already been ten minutes since they left. What was taking them so long? Well, there was a long queue so that's what probably why they're taking long.

As I was watching, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to see Abbey and Claire. They had just arrived with two large bowls of popcorn. I'm guessing we had to share. James and Caitlin shared and Abbey and I shared one but of course Abbey was holding it because she thought I'd eat it all. (I probably would have.) 

At parts of the movie we laughed and some parts we didn't. I told myself one hundred times that this wasn't a date but something kept telling me it was.

"Is this a date?" I blurted out, accidental to Abbey.

"Um...I don't know..." She replied. "Should it be a date. You know where one is the girlfriend and the other is the boyfriend?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked, shaking. People around us were telling us to shush but we ignored them and carried on with our conversation that needed to be ended. 

"Um...Okay," She blushed and I could see the big smile on her face that she was trying to hide. 

 We turned back to the cinema screen but we couldn't help glance at one another every ten seconds. I guess this is what they call 'love'. I never believed in love because mt ex girlfriend said she only went out with me because I had the money and I thought she was joking. One day when she came over to my house she stole someone and ran away and I never did see her ever again. I'm glad I didn't because I would have killed her. 

"Abbey," I began. "I'm going to be at Alex's wedding."

"That's great," She said happily. "i'm wearing....Actually its not to be told but anyways make sure you wear something that has red on it, like a reed tie or something."

"Okay, so your dress is red?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No..." She lied. "Maybe. Yes."

"Your a bad liar," I tell her.

"Thanks, I've been told," She laughs.

"Shh..." Said a boy in the seat behind us.

As the time went by I couldn't help but to put my hand around Abbey after watching James do it to Caitlin.

"You don't mind?" I whispered.

She shook her head and held my hand that was around her shoulder. "We are a couple." She laughed and carried on watching the movie.

The movie finished with a not to bad ending. Ad the music played we all made our way our and back into the car. I checked the time and it was just turning eight. Time flies when your having fun. This time I drove the car and half way home we spotted a really fancy restaurant and we couldn't tear ourselves away from it so we just had to go inside.

All the table of fours were filled up but there were still loads of table of two's so we sat in those. Abbey and I in one table and James Caitlin in another.

"Hey, I wish you luck for tomorrow," I tell her. "Are you going to sing a special something for Alex's wedding?"

"Now that you mention it, I just might," She said. "You should be like this more often instead of grumpy Jordan."

She started to make facial expressions of me and instead of doing something about it I laughed because she did look awfully funny. The waitress came over and she looked about Abbey's age. She as blond and she was wearing a a dress which was black and white. She asked for our order and I just told her to give me the daily special, Abbey ordered the same. 

She returned back to our table with two plates of food and some drinks. She served us Chinese noodle and tofu stir fry and cheese cake which looked rather delicious. When she walked away I rubbed my hands together, getting ready to eat. I placed the napkin on my lap and stared at the food like a hungry pig. 

"Jordan, the for isn't going to run away," She said. "The way your looking at it like its going to make a run for it when you blink."

"Abbey, I'm hungry. I need to eat," I joke but I really was hungry. "Don't tell me your not hungry." 

"I am," She said. 

"I bet I can eat faster than you,"

"Pfft...No," She faked a laugh. "I can eat faster than you any day." 

"You want a bet," She nodded her head. "You pay if I win, I pay if you win. Simple as that." 

"Bring it on," She said her final words and the challenge began. 

***

"Ow, my belly," Whined Abbey, slumping back on the chair. "I've never had this much food in my life in less than five minutes." 

"Well, don't be too dissapointed," I began. "You won anyway." 

Yes it was true. I girl had beat me in a food eating contest. God knows what else she will beat me on. Damn it! Now I'm paying. 

"I know I won but I'm going to be nice and not make you just pay the bill for the order," She said. 

"Thanks..."

"You can also pay for brand new pair of shoes for me," She added. 

"No," I ague. "That wasn't part of the deal." 

"I'm joking," She laughs. "Look at my stomach. I hope it doesn't stay this big when its the wedding day because I don't want to look like a pregnant bridesmaid." 

"Who says your not?" I joke. 

"I'm not fat," She argued.

"I'm kidding. Your just the right one for me," 

After we had our feast if was back into the car and this time it was James driving again. It was getting kind of late and we had to go home. When I came back home from work to see mum I was hoping she had remembered something but she hadn't. 

***

"Bye Abbey," I said as she approached the door of her home. 

"See ya," She waved and smiled. 

"I'll see you soon," James hugged Claire and she said the same back to him. 

The front door opened and they walked inside. Tom came out and thanked us for taking them out and we said your welcome. We waved goodbye one last time and drove away back to our homes. 

"So you officaly going out?" James asked as we stopped at the red light. 

"I guess so," I shrugged. "She's not as bad she seemed at first." 

"She's a great person, you know." James told me. "Just don't mess anything up, alright?" He said, sounding like dad. 

"Alright," I smiled. 

When we arrived at home, I saw mum staring at some photos hanging on the walls. IShe's probably trying to remember something but honestly what was the point. At least she is trying. I love mum but even though she's forgotten me its hard not to be angry. 

"James you home," She said and gave him a hug. "And Jordan." And did the same to me. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Any luck with your memory?" James asked.

"I'm feeling great." She answered. "And well, to be honest, no luck at all."

I sighed but not as loud as mum. I told mum I was going upstairs to see where dad was and he was searching for something in the wardrobe in his room. He dropped a pile of books which had photos stuck to them, it was the family photo album.

"Dad, I'm home," I said to him as he closed the wardrobe doors. 

"Hey Jordan," Dad said, smiling. "Did you have fun?" 

"Yeah," I answered. "I'm not going to eat 'cause I'm really full and I feel really tired so I'm going bed and tomorrow I got to go somewhere around six, seven. Can I go?" 

"Sure, where?" Dad asked. 

"Oh, nowhere. Just some place. Nothing much." I say, trying to hid the truth. 

"Okay son, if you say so," Dad said, agreeing just like that. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Heya! 

1) Where is J going?? 

2) How do you feel about the book finishing? (Still like ten chaps)...

3) Are you still curios about why he went jail. Remember this is his back story... 

VOTE & LOADS OF FEEDBACK PLEASE..Love you Lott..  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509 314 35
This story is about cold guy and warm girl. Deanna and Ae are classmates. And also a childhood friends. They grew up together and Deanna also always...
99.4K 2.5K 41
Lindsey thought she had it all figured out. This was her last year at University and she was happily engaged. That is until she told her family. No o...
244 4 19
[slow updates] The big house, maids and cooks. The fancy cars and rich lifestyle. It all sounds nice in theory. But all of the conditions it comes wi...
5K 319 44
"Just tell me the reason why," Jordan pleaded, his eyes paralysing me helplessly to the spot. "I-I can't.. I made a promise." For Alexa and Jordan, i...